Forum Settings
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2014 6:22 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The innocent snow was the highlight of this chapter imo. I wonder if Kayo will be back later on.
Jun 28, 2014 7:34 PM

Feb 2008
I wonder if we can see an adult Kayo meeting Satoru. :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 30, 2014 4:08 AM

Jul 2010
I'm still suspicious of the teacher.
I hope Kayo comes back.
Jul 31, 2014 3:14 AM

Mar 2013
It's still pretty suspicious to me.
Everything is just running smoothly like something's amiss.
I doubt it's all over now.
Jan 7, 2016 6:00 AM

Dec 2014
Is Kayo finally safe? I hope so...

When sensei is saying it's Satoru's actions is the one that saved Kayo, it gave me a weird feeling at that moment.... Hmmm
Jan 16, 2016 9:57 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I doubt everything is alright yet.

5/5
Jan 20, 2016 9:35 AM

Mar 2015
The sensei is still suspicious... the good guys are always suspicious to me.

Especially since Kayo said "next time" on her letter. That's death flag right there.

Also... what... the mom breaks down when she saw her mom too? Okay... goddamn scumbag of a mother didn't get beaten up by Sachiko is saddening.

Jan 23, 2016 2:49 PM

Oct 2013
This chapter successfully made me feel bad for Kayo's mother, gg. It doesn't even slightly excuse how she treated Kayo, but seeing how fucked up her husband was gives it a sense of meaning. I think the meaning of this chapter is that nobody is inherently evil; people only do evil things as a reaction to the evil things initially done to them. I wonder where the chain started?

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 9, 2016 1:41 PM

Aug 2011
Seems Kayo is safe for now... or is she ?
Still, culprit isn't caught so no time to celebrate.
Mar 15, 2016 12:33 AM

Mar 2008
I'm a bit confused about Sachiko's wound disappearing. Did she fake getting cut by the shovel?
Mar 17, 2016 11:25 AM

Jan 2014
This was really touching and powerful--the best chapter in a while.
Mar 19, 2016 10:04 PM

Jan 2015
Kayo's mom crying like that, showing her feelings ?? Omg ...
May 15, 2016 2:20 AM

Aug 2012
Pretty great chapter, one thing that I always loved about this part of the story is how the series explains Akemi's actions without justifying them. The series hammers it in with Kayo's reaction to her mother breaking down but something I've just realized about this after marathoning 24 chapters, is how the series already confirmed their position prior. A constant refrain of this series has been Satoru's "arrogance", constantly putting himself at fault. Most notably during the scene with Sawada, where he openly addresses Satoru's belief that it as his (Satoru's that is) own fault that Sawada got involved, telling him that his (Sawada that is) fate his is own (among other stuff involving how Sachiko felt about it but as I've said, this has been a motif of the series, there are several instances with her). It's almost like the series condition us to take self-blame as an admission that someone else was at fault. So the second Kayo's grandmother tried to take the blame for Akemi's action, the series already made it's stance that it wasn't sympathizing with Akemi, that she herself was at fault. Kayo's reaction just punctuated the statement.

The rest of the chapter was good too. The ending pages in particular were really good, I loved the metaphor Satoru used (not just because of how hopeful it is but because it managed to tie the setting in a meaningful way).

Based on volume count, I just finished up the half-way point. Considering how far the anime was at this point (I won't say which episode just in case manga-only people want to experience it themselves but for the record, I do remember which episode adapted this chapter), that means the second half should be far more interesting to watch. Seeing the differences between adaptations has always been fascinating to me & there should be a lot more in the coming chapters.
Aug 31, 2016 3:04 PM

Jul 2008
Great chapter, but am I the only one confused as to why Sachiko's wounds disappearing? Does she has a super power as well? haha
---"'As long as you're alive - you've got 100% chance of dying"---

---there are two infinite things, the universe and the human stupidity. about the first one I'm
not sure...---

---Math should go drown itself in the toilet---
Jan 27, 2021 2:14 PM

May 2010
It was good to see Kayo's mother backstory, I'd like it even more, if it was longer than a few pages. Not everyone is capable of being a decent parent, especially in this kind of pathological environment.

Sachiko on the other hand, BEST MOM EVER, I fucking love this woman, she's the real superhero of this series!

It's gonna be sad without Kayo around, but there are other kids to save. Ganbatte Satoru!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2014

11 by marta_valse »»
Oct 16, 2:07 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2014

7 by marta_valse »»
Oct 14, 10:09 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 19 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Feb 1, 2014

15 by marta_valse »»
Oct 14, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 18 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Dec 2, 2013

8 by marta_valse »»
Oct 14, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 17 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Oct 30, 2013

8 by marta_valse »»
Oct 13, 11:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.