Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2021 9:30 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sure enough, the time has come for a surfing competition. Time to separate the rookies from the pros.

As expected, everyone who's part of the character cast progresses forward one step from the heats, including the ever-enthuiastic rookie Masaki who's entering the competition for the very first time.

But when it comes to them facing each other, as in the case of Masaki vs. Naoya, the case of skills and experience matter A HECK LOT, and the one with the most experience easily wins. Getting annoyed now with Masaki's personality of constant distractions and pushing ahead of himself...and getting along fine with the others. If this was character development, it already failed in my book.

NGL, pretty excited a lil' bit with Sho and Tanaka facing off against each other for the finals. Let this be a continuous learning session to Masaki, and start the heat!
KANLen09Jan 25, 2021 10:39 PM
Jan 25, 2021 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
ooh another enjoyable episode, tournament was pretty nice and anime girl board guy seems like an interesting character. masaki's surfing moments were really cool, too bad he lost but i guess it can't be helped since he's only been surfing for a year; seems like he's got lots of potential though, happy that he won at least one match. it was cool seeing sho and tanaka make it through, wonder who will win the final match. also, cgi looked kinda bad in some parts of the episode but it was pretty alright overall
Jan 25, 2021 12:09 PM

Jun 2014
pretty enjoyable episode. just hopped all the surfing parts were anime style.
Jan 25, 2021 3:28 PM

Oct 2009
Seems like someone suddenly remembered to put a jacket on Nalu... can't say I approve. lol

Pacing really seems to be off the charts, but somehow it's only a hurdle at the beginning with yet another timeskip. And it's easy to focus on the boys again, at least. Poor Masaki though... even though it was expected - that in itself kinda made the whole thing sort of impactless and at the same time pointless in a way. Still, some new faces. But the "chair of the executive committee", aka Bill-kun being their age? Lmaoooo... right. xD
Jan 26, 2021 3:53 AM

Oct 2017
So we are back to where episode 1 started.

Ofc Masaki didn't go far cause he's still pretty new to surfing. Thou both Sho and Nalu made it to the finals, I'm cheering for Nalu to win.
Jan 26, 2021 1:44 PM
Jan 2021
This episode was quite enjoyable to watch however the CGI was not the greatest and It would’ve been better if they had explained the point system for the tournament!
Jan 26, 2021 8:07 PM
Sep 2020
this show sucks. thats it. it sucks.
Jan 27, 2021 7:29 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Time skip, fast pace competition, no proper rule explanations, a cgi, many girls shouted out the boys out of sudden, Masaki lost to be just like that. Well, anticlimactic competition as ever.

At least its just the beginning. Masaki sister tsundere-ish act, and those excited cruel cliffhanger should be considered my best thing over this, well, not so good episode.

Lets see what else i got the next episode ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 29, 2021 9:46 AM

Oct 2016
why does each episode feel like such a chore to get through...

Jan 31, 2021 5:35 AM

Nov 2018
wELP they just squished 2 seasons worth of sports anime material into 3 eps, all I can hope for now is that this means they're gonna take this story in a completely different direction (-_-)

君の声 

忘れない 

涙も 

忘れない
Feb 9, 2021 11:42 AM

Jun 2014
Masaki didn't get very far, but for someone who's only been surfing for one year, many of the top surfers have acknowledged his talent. He will definitely improve.

Now, it's "Blonde Angel" vs "Tanned Hottie!" Who will win?

Mar 10, 2021 11:21 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Pretty interesting competition, it's gonna be nice for the Sho vs Tanaka final, too bad that Masaki lost but he'll improve for sure, he only started 1 year ago
May 2, 2021 6:29 AM

Mar 2016
Fun episode! I didn't expect them to fast-forward to the competition :D

May 5, 2021 3:51 AM

Jul 2015
Corgi did pretty well for his first tournament, but I guess it was to be expected that he was no match against Naoya with the power of Miruru on his side

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 29, 2021

32 by Craneface »»
Jul 8, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 15, 2021

18 by Craneface »»
Jul 8, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 8, 2021

14 by Craneface »»
Jul 8, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 8, 2021

45 by Craneface »»
Jul 6, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 1 Discussion

zaverix - Jan 11, 2021

25 by removed-user »»
Jun 6, 2023 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.