Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2021 9:30 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Masaki sure is trying hard for an amateur rookie surfer, while still under others' supervision just in case he drowns.

Well, to put it best, this is a Handsome (Bishounen) Boys Doing Hot Things? From onsen to surfing time, the gay levels are low between Nalu Tanaka, Sho and Masaki. Quite a surprise that Tanaka is thinking of moving away to inheriting his parents' jobs, which means that less time is dedicated to surfing when this happens.

With a rough weather..."the show must go on" NOT. Masaki is truly asking for trouble to challenge rough sea conditions when not even traction surfing under the waves is possible. Surfing is OK as both a recreation and a sport, but it's different when someone potentially dies from selfish actions. You can have enthusiasm, but don't let that be your downfall.

A happy-go-lucky idiot Masaki he is one, but you have to learn your lesson well. The spirit of competition between the trio sure as hell gets the plot going for more characters down the line.
KANLen09Jan 19, 2021 5:36 PM
Jan 18, 2021 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
ooh, nice episode and opening song is pretty catchy and the visuals look really nice too. mc bought some surfing stuff so i guess he's really dedicated to surfing. also, 3 onsen scenes in one episode??
KANLen09 said:
Is it me, or the story/plot itself seems to be non-existent at all? Well, to put it best, this is a Handsome (Bishounen) Boys Doing Hot Things? From onsen to surfing time, the gay levels are low between Nalu, Sho and Masaki.

well there was that drama with the other guy going to hawaii and the tournament soon so its not like the plot is entirely in-existent. there's also the scene after the ed which showed a new character so i think its progressing pretty smoothly
Jan 18, 2021 12:11 PM
Sep 2015
We get onsen episode on top of beach anime, how lucky!

Not sure if Masaki is in love with surfing or surfer, how about both!

That end card, Congis are so cute...
Jan 18, 2021 1:13 PM
May 2015
He really went surfing during a storm...
Jan 18, 2021 4:46 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Once again thank god this series got approved. It seems like Masaki is obsessed with surfing to a point where he starts doing reckless stuff like trying to surfing in a middle of a typhoon even though Sho warned him not to go out there. Of course dumb ass Masaki went out there and underestimated how powerful and choppy the waves are during a storm. He got carried out to sea real quick and almost drowned, but luckily Sho was there to save him. I know Sho scolded him, but in addition to that he should have slapped Masaki for being a reckless dumb ass that almost lost his life.

Meanwhile Tanaka has decided that he's going to school in Hawaii after graduation. I'm sure he'll fit right in just nicely.
Jan 18, 2021 6:02 PM

Oct 2009
This anime is an absolute delight to watch. Not only the eyecandy, but on the emotional level too, with the fun, with the drama, the insecurities - captures that classic transience of youth perfectly. Loving it.

And the eyecandy... so much eyecandy. That said - FOUR bath scenes in an anime where they can potentially shed their clothes or at the very least be shirtless quite literally at any moment? xD I appreciate it, but it's a little redundant. Leave some for anime where the boys are otherwise always dressed up? xD
Jan 18, 2021 8:19 PM

Aug 2017
of course the only people watching this shows are those 2 or 3 over critical people. seeing as it was ok is the most voted in the poll
Jan 18, 2021 10:03 PM

Nov 2012
I was hoping for a tragedy. Masaki is just too stupid for me.

"I can only doggy paddle and have only been surfing for a few days. I'm gonna take on the rough waves in a storm. What can go wrong? No one else out here. More waves for me!"
Jan 18, 2021 10:07 PM
Jan 2018
It was a very fast paced episode . I actually thought there was gonna be a 1-2 year timeskip at the end of the episode because how fast everything was going. I like beefcaking and onsen scenes but when you deal it too much it loses its charm ( I’m not really that close with my bros to be taking baths and showers every day with them but that is more of a Japanese thing.) overall a good episode showing how sometimes too much is just too much . I am also convinced that the dude is crushing on the blonde dude as much as surfing ( couldn’t really tell because he’s always blushing or burned).
Jan 19, 2021 5:57 AM
Dec 2019
KANLen09 said:

Is it me, or the story/plot itself seems to be non-existent at all? Well, to put it best, this is a Handsome (Bishounen) Boys Doing Hot Things? From onsen to surfing time, the gay levels are low between Nalu, Sho and Masaki.

Nope, it's not just you. I guess it is because the change of formats, but there's really not much going on in this show. This is really a case of "Cute guys do __ "

I don't know what is it but this episode wasn't as enjoyable. I didn't get the summer vibes that I got with the first one.

Also the interactions are cheesy af, but that's understandable considering that they're only 14. I just hope that when the older cast gets intoduced things will balance out and this becomes easier to watch
Jan 19, 2021 7:24 AM

Jun 2020
Don’t really fancy the voice acting. Sounds so flat & .....cheap....at times, for a lack of a better word. The OP & ED sung by them are pretty good tho! It is also pretty relaxing to watch after a long day. The SOL vibes are strong in this one. And love it when Tanaka starts strumming lol

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jan 19, 2021 10:25 AM

Dec 2008
To much happen in this episode. Masaki had a lot of luck.
Jan 19, 2021 2:05 PM

Dec 2016
When a surfer surfs in this kind of weather, it's asking for suicide. Don't understimate the power of the ocean cuz it can be deadly! Masaki's an idiot for risking his life like that and if it wasn't for Sho, he wouldn't be this lucky :/ He should have listen to Sho's advice about the weather since she's a pro surfer and knows best.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 19, 2021 11:51 PM

Oct 2012
LokamiLa said:
Another thing, I can't tell if Masaki is obsessed with surfing or with Sho.

Yes. lol

Also, like, Tell me you're gay without telling me you're gay.

Masaki:

Jan 20, 2021 3:10 AM

Oct 2008
yaoi vibes are stronk on this one!
surfing while storming!? ... really dumb!
3/5.

Jan 20, 2021 6:01 AM

Dec 2016
What's up with the ost?? None of the scenes match with the ost in the background. It reminds me of those old BL OVAs I watched ๏︿๏

Isn't it common sense that it's dangerous to surf in that weather...he was acting like those dumb kids I wanna slap.

The way Masaki is always like “Sho this Sho that” is getting really annoying. At this point it doesn't feel like he actually likes surfing but is just crushing on Sho...if Masaki's obsession towards Sho is intended for us to ship them then I can't even do that because of the lack of character development.
Jan 22, 2021 7:10 AM

Aug 2015
How many scenes at the onsen did we have in this episode, omg?

The soundtrack, as said above, doesn't match the scenes and the dialogues, it's disturbing.

Also, I know this show likes to accentuate their personalities, and I know the main character is a jerk but how is it possible to want to surf in that weather? And none of his friends seriously stop him?

Probably dropped...
Jan 23, 2021 3:49 AM

Dec 2016
Dumb question, but how different are these episodes from the 3 episode movies?
Jan 25, 2021 6:14 AM

Oct 2017
He was dumb af to jump into the ocean to surf with a weather like that. If he had the least bit of common sense he wouldn't have done it.
Jan 27, 2021 6:54 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn, i was not expect that suicide attempt at all. Masaki surely had too much obsession to be the same level as his boyfriend, Sho. And he was about to felt bad too over hearing that news from his childhood boyfriend. What a dang boy! I just realized they were all still a middle schoolers. Smh. I may think something was wrong already. But, whatever, lets clear this out very fast into the next competition arc. Masaki, don't be a dumb again, please. Before i completely curse you....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 9, 2021 11:16 AM

Jun 2014
Masaki almost killed himself in that storm. Thankfully, the blonde angel was there to save him. All that water dripping off his chest............ummmmmmmmmmmm.

I love watching these hot boys.

Mar 10, 2021 12:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Tanaki will move to Hawaii when he'll enter to high school... that's a good idea to be honest.
And wow, Masaki was stupid with surfing alone with this weather, at least Sho was here to save him.
May 1, 2021 7:55 PM

Mar 2016
Weeeell, I guess we're gonna be seeing him progress in his surfing skill :D

May 5, 2021 2:16 AM

Jul 2015
Corgi really misses some braincells if he thought surfing during a storm is a good idea especially as a beginner.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 29, 2021

32 by Craneface »»
Jul 8, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 15, 2021

18 by Craneface »»
Jul 8, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 8, 2021

14 by Craneface »»
Jul 8, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 8, 2021

45 by Craneface »»
Jul 6, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 1 Discussion

zaverix - Jan 11, 2021

25 by removed-user »»
Jun 6, 2023 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.