Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 3 Discussion

Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 18, 2021 5:57 AM

Feb 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Marie is a lifesaver. Loyd will do anything for Marie...

That girl still remembers the incident that week before, what's wrong hhmmm ... hold on sec, She just called herself was owned by Loyd, It's certain that Seren really likes Loyd, What is edamame. After all Seren and Loyd are just friends, seeing that expression. Stop with that suspicious face, someone interested on Marie-san. Don't be honest with the voices of the people who think of the country so much so who's a Marie-san? Is this just a misunderstanding? I mean that girl just mentioned that Marie-san is Loyd's wife, while Marie answered princess?

She's asking about missing princess? So that princess is Seren? Idk, Loyd asked about Marie-san's identity, that Was surprising me. Actually what Loyd meant by country or Marie, damn Tsundere boy. Marie, the savior of rumor in Chimata, This is the moment when Loyd and Marie-san are having a difficult time, Loyd was very surprised when he wanted to say spirit up to Marie.

It was a interesting festivai, it could count as a date like this. Just want to say, don't give up to get your dad body Marie-san. Marie-san will die at the hands of Demon King Abaddon? Hold on sec, is that Abaddon are Megaten?
Jan 18, 2021 6:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Less funny moments but more plot development, so Marie is really a princess and she needs to save her father from the demon king... so many action scenes at the end was it was pretty good, I expect Lloyd to show at the end and save Marie by one-shot the demon king (why not xD), it would be cool.
Jan 18, 2021 6:55 AM
Jul 2018
damn this episode was pretty nice, felt really bad for lloyd though :( looks like he was having fun at the festival with the chief though and she was pretty funny lol. i wonder if lloyd will come defeat the demon lord next episode
Jan 18, 2021 6:57 AM

Apr 2014
A lot of plot development. We know who is the mastermind and a lot of people also know the identity of the princess. It's hilarious when Selen and Riho come to ask Marie about the princess and she is actually the princess herself.
I expect Lloyd to show up and save Marie. Maybe he will throw one of those grasshoppers towards the king by an accident and defeat him.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 18, 2021 6:58 AM

Apr 2019
wtf even happened this episode... why is there a demon lord all of a sudden lmao

Jan 18, 2021 7:01 AM

Aug 2020
I bet Lloyd will just show up and one shot the demon lord lmao. A lot more seriousness this time rather then the chill/funny previous episodes but I like it.
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Jan 18, 2021 7:03 AM

Apr 2020
Lloyd thought that Marie was a savior, Imao, and it turned out that Marie was a princess.

Loli-baba is enjoying the festival with Lloyd so much, what is she doing? she really wanted to eat Lloyd's banana, lol
Jan 18, 2021 7:08 AM
Nov 2020
It's my earphone or the bgm is too loud ?
I quite enjoy the story, but the BGM it's too loud and annoying
Jan 18, 2021 7:08 AM

Jun 2012
Alka really want's that chocolate banana.
Jan 18, 2021 7:11 AM

Jul 2017
How could she pass Lloy'd offer like that yeah, Seren would kill people for it.
Bruh the banana chocolate joke killed me, so cheesy.

Seeing serious Marie is always exciting, great fight she put there, even tho the Demon King is proved to be stronger, I hope Lloyd appeared next eps to save her from him.
Jan 18, 2021 7:15 AM
Feb 2018
I understand the series is comedy, but it's becoming more than simply annoying that no one tells him about his real power and etc. Will probably remain a useless clown until the very end.
P.S. Universal Intro was the best part of the episode.
ghtyujkkpkohkjbJan 18, 2021 7:19 AM
Jan 18, 2021 7:18 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty good episode.

Lloyd is too pure, Marie can't handle it. So Marie's the princess, I'm curious what Seren's reaction would be if she learnt that Lloyd wasn't Marie's nephew.
Marie had no choice but to be harsh with Lloyd to respect his hometown's stance but poor Lloyd looked like he was gonna cry.

Dear god, Banana chocolate, somehow I didn't expect to see a joke like that in this show. xD

If our opponent is a Demon Lord, doesn't that mean that it's okay for Lloyd to step into the fight? Should be interesting to see how it goes.

Jan 18, 2021 7:22 AM

Jun 2019
"I already prepared the chocolate... And the banana is also here!!" Itadakimasu!!!!
Jan 18, 2021 7:24 AM

Sep 2019
The serious theme didn’t fit this show and its art style. I couldn’t take anything that happened seriously and I expected a gag or something after the fight because that’s what they always did until this episode. I really enjoyed the first two episodes but this one was a miss for me.

P.S. RIP my ears.
Jan 18, 2021 7:26 AM
Dec 2020
Did not expect the traitor was only controlled and thought he is the one controlling, a reverse card,lol.

Loli baba, really loves Lloyd's 🍌😂
Jan 18, 2021 7:34 AM

Jan 2015
Damn this took a serious turn. So many twists and so many things happening one after another

Not bad, but hopefully we will get back to the comedy aspect since that’s what the show excels at, not that I’m complaining since the plot is kinda interesting

The banana joke tho lmao
Jan 18, 2021 7:37 AM

Oct 2017
Big oof for Merthophan, another dumb guy who thought he was doing everything for revenge but he was just being controlled lol.

So Marie was princess Maria ehh, that was a nice revealation. Alka was amusing as usual. Thou she couldn't eat her choco banana lol.
Jan 18, 2021 7:57 AM
May 2020
Lloyd had no idea the he was the one about to administer a fatal blow, not receive one. Geez. He really has no self-awareness. Either way, he’s good with the gratitude. How convenient that Selen et al found him at Marie’s place. Ohh she really does look like the princess. I was wondering who she was when the captain of the guard showed her such respect. What a plot twist! That village leader is the cougar of all cougars. At least Marie is close to Lloyd’s age. Whoa, the inside guy was the military leader but he was being manipulated the whole time? They keep the surprises coming. I mean, he was such a good guy. Wait, now that it’s a demon king, Lloyd can interfere with no problem, right?! Those are the rules of Kunlun. So long as it’s beyond the conflicts of humans—that’s what I remember. Too bad Marie pushed him away so hard. But the Princess has been found so he can join the academy now. It should work out, right? Aaaa—I need to see what happens. I’m guessing somehow they make it up from the festival and intervene to save the day. Either way, good stuff. (Yes I write stream of consciousness lol)
Jan 18, 2021 8:51 AM

Mar 2020
Merthophan was so cocky when he thought he had control over the king. My dude got K.O'd so quickly.

The chocolate banana scene was hilarious. Aika probably has the funniest moments in this show. Marie is also hilarious!
Jan 18, 2021 9:03 AM

Jul 2017
LEL Lloyd comtinues to be a harem progenitor towards most of the girls (plus the long-lost princess Maria a.k.a witch Marie). Of course, Chrome was part of Marie's legion.

Coincidence? Riho and Selen visiting Lloyd's residence and finding Marie there. Gruelling her with questions about the Princess (to which she is in flesh), but the worse emtionally hit was Lloyd, and whence the village he's from, he's not allowed any form of human contact. Worse, the war isn't making things any better, and Lloyd must be kept away at all costs.

LOL the loli hag managed to get herself out of the well, and curses abound for Marie. Nyaa!

What a "good" effort to bring Lloyd out for a date, as told by Master. Welp, the king being a Demon Lord in and of itself, while using subjects like Merthophan, for naught of Demon King Abaddon.

Sooner or later, Lloyd will get involved in this trouble...
Jan 18, 2021 9:14 AM
Feb 2020
For the first two episodes, literally nothing happens. Then when you expect to nothing happen in this episode so much happens, so quick it feels like nothing happend... Is there an actual story they are trying to tell or are they making it up along the way? Like I was looking forward to your good old fantasy, comedy, but I got this stupid ass plot with no jokes. Atleast if it was making fun of itself I would like it... Also the mc has had literally nothing to do in the episode. He could have been cut out and you wouldn't even realize. They better turn the story around or this will be the Titanic 2.
Jan 18, 2021 9:25 AM

Aug 2020
I feel bad for Lloyd, he didn't deserve that but then again I guess it aas necessary for plot.
Jan 18, 2021 9:26 AM
Nov 2019
I understand having Lloyd be some what ignorant to his powers like many other anime’s do with their MC but this show pushes it too far in my opinion. Like yeah his character is supposed to be this innocent boy but like bro you can flip giant bugs left and right how ignorant can one man be. I don’t think the show is bad but I’m almost tempted to drop it just due to this one point because it’s so annoying. Like come on someone just tell the kid that he swole af and get going with him being a bad ass. I’ve never read this source material so this is just based on anime
Jan 18, 2021 9:27 AM

Dec 2013
Now that there is a demon lord the people from Kunlun village can officially get into the action.
Jan 18, 2021 9:45 AM

Aug 2013
The chocolate banana joke came out of nowhere... that loli baba. XD

A lot of plot in a single episode. Lloyd will definitely get involved with the Demon Lord.

Jan 18, 2021 10:21 AM

Apr 2020
Okay let me tell ya, shit happened really fast in this episode. Obviously Marie is the princess, I knew that. But here comes the plot, they're trying to stop the mastermind that will put two empires into war.

Wait a plot in a wholesome anime, why?! That was a tone shift that not all people will like and hopefully it gets resolved next week. Poor Lloyd, getting screamed at by Marie. And poor loli Baba transporting inside a well, yikes. Well looks like the King saying "demon lord" is not gonna be a fun time once Lloyd and Loli Baba arrives to save Marie.
Jan 18, 2021 10:27 AM

Feb 2019
Damn there was a lot packed in this ep. Marie getting outed as a princess, cursed to talk like a cat and Lloyd getting his feelings hurt.

Had our usual comedy moments, but a pretty serious tonal shift at the end of the episode with the king being possessed by a demon lord. Seems like that came out of nowhere lol.
Jan 18, 2021 10:39 AM

Jul 2014
WTF was that "choco banana" moment from the loli baba lmao.

I see that Marie is being affected by the charms of our cinnamon roll, Lloyd. Good, keep going...

Selen being Selen I'm glad Riho is smart enough. Lol at Marie pretending she didn't say she was the princess.

Last week it was easy to know that Marie was the princess but this week I must admit that I didn't pay much attention to Merth's words in the first scene so I was later surprised that he was the traitor haha. But wait a minute, it turns out he wasn't the mastermind behind it all but a demon lord who was pretending to be controlled xD. Well, I guess thanks to this, Lloyd can intervene and beat the shit out of said DL and rescue Marie.
Jan 18, 2021 11:26 AM
Dec 2018
Crazzypenguin09 said:
his character is supposed to be this innocent boy but like bro you can flip giant bugs left and right how ignorant can one man be

As explained in the first episode, he considers those as regular "animals" (calling a dragon, "lizards who spit fire" lmao), remember he grew up in the highest level town of that world.

He just doesn't know how weak the people from outside his hometown are, compared to him.
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Jan 18, 2021 11:44 AM

Jul 2020
This anime is something special. The art is okay, the animation is meh, the pacing is weird, and the jokes are hit or miss, but I absolutely respect what it's trying to do. It has a lot of ambition, and it tries to pull it off given its very limited resources and talent pool.

Despite all I said, I am really enjoying this series. It's surprising me in very weird ways.
Jan 18, 2021 11:53 AM

May 2018
Oh so Marie was the princess ok so why all the stupidity shenanigan's?????
Jan 18, 2021 12:53 PM

Apr 2018
Wow, that was really a chill episode until the end. Looks like the Demon Lord possessed Maria's Father to start a war.

I hope Maria can save her father from the curse.
Jan 18, 2021 12:53 PM
May 2016
Chocolate Banana Yum Yum Time
Jan 18, 2021 12:54 PM

Jun 2019
Everything progressed so quickly. In one half of an episode the princess is revealed, the manipulator was uncovered, and it is revealed that the king is a demon lord. This anime is better when it isn’t taking itself seriously. The characters and plots are not well written enough for me to get onboard with it, and the fights are not good enough to get me hyped. It is best when it is trying for comedy (even though there are a lot of misses for that too).
Jan 18, 2021 2:22 PM
Jul 2013
skysurf said:
Crazzypenguin09 said:
his character is supposed to be this innocent boy but like bro you can flip giant bugs left and right how ignorant can one man be

As explained in the first episode, he considers those as regular "animals" (calling a dragon, "lizards who spit fire" lmao), remember he grew up in the highest level town of that world.

He just doesn't know how weak the people from outside his hometown are, compared to him.

Also when people try to tell him that he's actually really strong, he doesn't believe them and thinks they're just trying to be kind.
Jan 18, 2021 2:47 PM
Dec 2018
Some people here worried that the show got too serious... Are you forgetting that the magic needed to release the king from the curse is the one that Lloyd uses for cleaning? lol

The whole plot got revealed in half episode, that's what I expect for a comedy-driven show (not much time is used for "heavy" plot)

Probably the king will be saved next episode and Lloyd will enter the army academy for more shenanigans.

Can't wait to meet the 4th girl from the ending song :)
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Jan 18, 2021 3:31 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Wow, i never expect that Marie was suppose to be the missing princess, really, its surprising me xd. That's why she was so determinated to solved the kingdom's problem. She was the princess herself, and forced to dump Lloyd help out of those her trouble. Because Lloyd origin never allowed him to get intervened to the human problems, under Alka supervision. However, since i know that the king was posessed by the demon lord, there is no other reason for Lloyd to not get intervened, right? Moreover, there he was, on side with loli baba at the festival. Its time for him to show to everyone his fuckin super power!

Also, poor Meltfan, and never expect him to be so important to the play. Still, He was supposed to be the culprit. But, at the end, he was just a mere pawn that even get cursed as his seek of revenge proved to be wrong at all. I hope he is just okay, and can be lifted out from those transformation. Lets see next ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 18, 2021 4:57 PM

Nov 2017
Marinate1016 said:
Damn there was a lot packed in this ep. Marie getting outed as a princess, cursed to talk like a cat and Lloyd getting his feelings hurt.

Had our usual comedy moments, but a pretty serious tonal shift at the end of the episode with the king being possessed by a demon lord. Seems like that came out of nowhere lol.
You forgot about Lloyd getting his banana dipped in chocolate and nommed on by Loli-baba,then again,that might be the first bit of next weeks episode,right after she beats the crap out of the monsters for interupting her Choco Banana Yum Yum Time! :)
Jan 18, 2021 5:08 PM

Jul 2013
The pacing and tone shift of this show are pretty bad imo. I'm still kind of enjoying it though, so let's see how it goes.
Jan 18, 2021 5:22 PM
Jan 2017
Marie-chan kawaii~
So she really is the princess, she is just so cute ^.^
Jan 18, 2021 5:32 PM

Apr 2020
Lloyd's a good kid. He needs to protect his innocence lol

Anyone hope that Selen and the loli Chief somehow meet?
Jan 18, 2021 7:55 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
I'm not the biggest fan of the sudden shift in tone but hopefully I'll still end up liking this

Jan 18, 2021 8:33 PM
Jan 2021
Shows just "meh". Classic anime humor of misunderstandings and overreacting. Typical MC but this time he is blond hair instead of standard black hair so its automatically better because its different. Honestly, the humor cliches in anima are really annoying and boring. Not to mention title is more interesting then the show itself. So far I've been baited...
Jan 18, 2021 8:57 PM
Apr 2020
Black Clover:

This anime after 3 episodes: Hold my beer.
Jan 18, 2021 9:46 PM

Oct 2016
Good episode, them plot twist though. Didn't expect Merthophan to be the one controlling the king, except he wasn't controlling the king, the king was controlling him lmao. Though, I definitely enjoy this show more for it's comedy, the serious stuff is not bad too.

Yo, Alka was about to dig in on Lloyd's banana lmao. I made a pog face when the one controlling the king mentioned he was a demon lord lmao, Lloyd bout to smash.

Jan 19, 2021 1:35 AM
Feb 2020
Not bad. I feel like this episode was really weird. It felt out of place, like it should be near the end of series. I also feel like its setting up for an OP joke and is to allow Lloyd to actually start doing stuff so then it really isn't out of place. IDK.
Jan 19, 2021 7:36 AM
Jun 2019
This episode made the show go from a 7 to a 5, really poor and disappointing. The pacing has been awful, the show has no sense of identity, everyone is so boring. When u have a boring protagonist, atleast make the side characters intresting- yet all boring and stale. Normally im forgiving to fantasty anime, they can be bad, but 90% there still enjoyable. This isn't bad, its just really boring
Jan 19, 2021 8:04 AM
Jan 2020
Well since the enemy is "demon lord" then it's time for Marie to ask 2 Kunlun villagers to kick their ass!!
Jan 19, 2021 8:20 AM

Jul 2020
Pre_Yum said:
"I already prepared the chocolate... And the banana is also here!!" Itadakimasu!!!!

Right funniest line I seen a anime this season so far. I actually had to rewind that to make sure I read it right lmao.
Jan 19, 2021 1:49 PM

Sep 2018
God, that blonde broad is a lame character. Stupid, emotional yandere's have to be the worst character trait/trope ever. I'm not liking any of these characters so far...

Except maybe the Lolibaba, she wants her choco banana...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2021

77 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 17, 10:29 PM

» Better w/o MC

Hiroko_Takashiro - Aug 18, 2023

8 by Pieromysl »»
Apr 20, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2021

52 by Sayan_Pal »»
Feb 16, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2021

145 by BrycedOut »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2021

40 by Sekie »»
Oct 3, 2023 1:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.