Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 17, 2020 4:36 AM

Sep 2019
Imagine if your awesome just changed into a FUCKIN' BUTTON. I'd want a refund.

I'm slightly embarrassed, because I mistook Wilhelm for Sebastien until he walked in. I mean... the two are very similar, as in, it's rather impressive seeing them side-by-side.

Filo being a class pet is rather fitting, and I got a feeling Naofumi is just going to HATE this.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Jan 17, 2020 10:50 PM

Apr 2012
Killuan said:

Looks like we're going back to the "learn to read" portion. Here's what I've said. IQ is good as it as, has a big cast that's fighting for time already, and that Shield Hero is going to make it worse because it's bad and inflating the character count. If they HAD to add a series, NGNL is the better fit because it matches up to these series quality wise. I'd prefer they add nothing, but if they're going to add something, I prefer it not suck and detract from the series.

Anyways, since you can't read, and are pretending to know what I think or would have said, and are obviously just white knighting for Raphitalia, this is pointless. You can try and psychoanalyze all you want, and contrive my words to mean things they don't, but after my clarification, it's obvious your straw-man about what I think is just that, a straw-man.

Yea, the fucking do. Go look at the comments on MD, on Reddit, etc. r/Anime hates the show and the comments constantly reference the SM, the comments on MD are negative nearly across the board on the last 20 chapters, and other aggregates are no exception.

Yea, and those individual reviews have hundreds of helpful ratings and are far higher rated than the positive ones. So clearly they do speak for the scores of different people. The top 3 reviews are all <=5 and have like 500+ help ratings, whereas the nearest positive one has 350. You don't get to have your cake and eat it.
Yea. Not like fans bot those "Cough" Vinland Saga and Chihayafuru "cough". Can't do that for reviews anymore though.
LMAO
You: "PoPuLar MeAN goOD buT CrIITic BaD"
This is too much. Those critics are the general audience and normal people. I'm fucking done. And the "masses" are agreeing with them in the comments on reddit and MD. What a joke.

Bullshit. It's only "good as it is" to you because you rather there be no newly introduced character over the SH characters. There is no reason for NGNL to even cross your mind if you were concerned about individual characters screentime. It's just your scapegoat to try and justify the bullshit you're spouting. "Matching up to a series quality wise" literally means nothing and it remains your opinion. What's important is how well the characters work together. Their dynamic, their potential for comedy. And frankly, I see SH working far better than NGNL in that aspect.

r/anime. That's your reference? Despite the active minority of commenters, the aggregate of each episode wasn't even bad(mostly brought down by the same people rating it a 1 each episode). And r/anime is literally the most elitist cesspool of anime watchers to exist. Color me un-surprised that you're a frequenter of it. And I'd assume that's where you get all of your misinformation from. There are plenty of outlets that thing highly of Shield Hero, and there are no places where the ratings are outright bad. The lowest they go is in the mid 7's and that's no different from Tanya the wicked. But there also palces where it's extremely highly regarded like Crunchyroll, and Facebook. It frequently wins best anime of 2019 in polls i've seen, usually only losing to Attack on Titan or Demon Slayer...two highly popular and borderline mainstream anime.

What does it matter if a low rated review has a lot of upvotes? Most people who watched Shield Hero rated the anime. And the end result is Shield Hero ended with a solid 8.09. Clearly the people who enjoyed the anime far outweigh those who didn't.

+1
Way to handle one of the noisy few with sound logic and facts. Almost everytime; they try to hijack and control the narrative by passing opinion as fact when it's nothing but baseless BS. Good job

BTW...
I want Spear hero and his Bitch (Mayne)
No Melty so far.

I hope they add Cautious hero too hehe and hoping Assention of a Bookworm cameos as a librarian.
Janethan23Jan 17, 2020 10:56 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jan 17, 2020 11:05 PM
Jul 2017
So Naofumi and his party of Raphtalia and Filo join the isekai party in Isekai Quartet Season 2. I believe he is a very hard transfer student for the others to get along with. About the people who used him by throwing false accusations at him nonstop to give him a bad reputation. And he was feeling cynical and pessimistic when he brought in Raphtalia to join his party. And he wants someone who is extremely obedient to him. But at the end of the episode, Naofumi saved his loyal party members Raphtalia and Filo from getting hit by a baseball that was heading their way and the other students were shouting "Heads up! Look out!" And Naofumi would get pissed if that ball would have hit them and Mare would tell him that it wasn't her fault and if it did hit them, it would have been their fault for wandering around looking for him. That's why she was bowing her head down repeatedly expressing her dearest, sincerest apologies.
Jan 18, 2020 3:59 PM
Oct 2018
I dont know but I think Naofumi looks bland in this crossover. Reminds me with Yu in persona 4 s1.
Jan 18, 2020 7:06 PM

Mar 2019
The Hamster Face!!! LOL:.......

Best Part....
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jan 18, 2020 8:52 PM
Jan 2018
Shield Hero and friends were overdramatic, Aqua was useless, it's everything I could have hoped for.
Jan 21, 2020 7:43 AM

Mar 2010
great introduction to naofumi
Jan 21, 2020 2:11 PM
Oct 2019
Pretty good episode, but shouldn't it be "Isekai Quintet" now?

Kazuma's comment that Naofumi is playing on hard mode was quite funny. XD Also, chibi Raphtalia is pretty cute.

Roswaal still irritates me though...-_-

Digibutter64Jan 21, 2020 2:23 PM
Jan 22, 2020 8:25 AM
Dec 2015
It's true that Tate no Yusha has no comedy, but Tanya didn't have it either and yet it was well integrated. I'm not worried. Also because from what it looks like they are in the other class so I guess they'll have poor screentime.

Yautja said:
Killuan said:

And that's precisely why your first point is meaningless. You wouldn't have said anything at all, you may have even praised it...had the new anime been NGNL. It just reverts back to you being buttmad that the series introduced was SH. When in reality, the quality of SH doesn't mean jackshit, because this anime is a gag comedy that can use the SH cast in a variety of ways that makes sense within the context of IQ. Raphtalia can mingle with Albedo and Rem and talk about their love trouble. Subaru can catch wind of Raphtalia being Naofumi's slave and try to white knight for her. Kazuma can be jealous by the fact that Naofumi's party is actually useful. What would make NGNL characters any better aside from the fact that you just think NGNL is better?

The LN/Manga readers don't think SH is bad. Some of them who commented are just LN/manga purists who were upset that the anime changed the atmosphere of things. And altered some scenes.

Yes, individual reviewers are talking shit. You're talking shit. But a few disgruntled anime viewers doesn't compare to over a hundred thousand scores by different people. The outspoken minority doesn't speak for the masses. Critics often completely miss the appeal of a medium because they're too far up their asses to see the appeal it has for the general audience.

Looks like we're going back to the "learn to read" portion. Here's what I've said. IQ is good as it as, has a big cast that's fighting for time already, and that Shield Hero is going to make it worse because it's bad and inflating the character count. If they HAD to add a series, NGNL is the better fit because it matches up to these series quality wise. I'd prefer they add nothing, but if they're going to add something, I prefer it not suck and detract from the series.

Anyways, since you can't read, and are pretending to know what I think or would have said, and are obviously just white knighting for Raphitalia, this is pointless. You can try and psychoanalyze all you want, and contrive my words to mean things they don't, but after my clarification, it's obvious your straw-man about what I think is just that, a straw-man.

Yea, the fucking do. Go look at the comments on MD, on Reddit, etc. r/Anime hates the show and the comments constantly reference the SM, the comments on MD are negative nearly across the board on the last 20 chapters, and other aggregates are no exception.

Yea, and those individual reviews have hundreds of helpful ratings and are far higher rated than the positive ones. So clearly they do speak for the scores of different people. The top 3 reviews are all <=5 and have like 500+ help ratings, whereas the nearest positive one has 350. You don't get to have your cake and eat it.
Yea. Not like fans bot those "Cough" Vinland Saga and Chihayafuru "cough". Can't do that for reviews anymore though.
LMAO
You: "PoPuLar MeAN goOD buT CrIITic BaD"
This is too much. Those critics are the general audience and normal people. I'm fucking done. And the "masses" are agreeing with them in the comments on reddit and MD. What a joke.

I remember back in 2016 on r/anime, someone bragged of having bought the first 2 or 3 novels of Tate no Yusha and that thread received a lot of upvotes and positive comments on the novel. I remember someone also discussed a possible transposition into anime, saying that the minimum for a story like that was a 2 cours because with single cour it would be ruined. I was impressed because never before had I read so many positive comments about an isekai on reddit. Also the green cloak of the protagonist on the cover of a novel, together with the word shield in the title, helped me to remember this brand and this thread on reddit, which was basically the first time I heard about this show.

I don't visit r/anime anymore, I learnt that place is toxic. But I'm not surprised they throw shit @ the show now that it's popular. And honestly I laugh at the inconsistency of their opinions. It's not the first time they change their mind once a show (or their waifus?) become popular. They are all but normal people lol.

AliouneJan 22, 2020 8:33 AM
Jan 22, 2020 10:33 AM

Feb 2015
Alioune said:
It's true that Tate no Yusha has no comedy, but Tanya didn't have it either and yet it was well integrated. I'm not worried. Also because from what it looks like they are in the other class so I guess they'll have poor screentime.

I remember back in 2016 on r/anime, someone bragged of having bought the first 2 or 3 novels of Tate no Yusha and that thread received a lot of upvotes and positive comments on the novel. I remember someone also discussed a possible transposition into anime, saying that the minimum for a story like that was a 2 cours because with single cour it would be ruined. I was impressed because never before had I read so many positive comments about an isekai on reddit. Also the green cloak of the protagonist on the cover of a novel, together with the word shield in the title, helped me to remember this brand and this thread on reddit, which was basically the first time I heard about this show.

I don't visit r/anime anymore, I learnt that place is toxic. But I'm not surprised they throw shit @ the show now that it's popular. And honestly I laugh at the inconsistency of their opinions. It's not the first time they change their mind once a show (or their waifus?) become popular. They are all but normal people lol.

Youjo Senki has plenty of comedy, mainly surrounded around the MC's misfortune. The only explicit comedy in IQ is KonoSuba. TNY is just an isekai with edge bait, that so far, has just taken up time and added very little that could have been done better by other already present characters. At the very least, there's no denying that TNY is the most contentious of the shows, quality wise.

Everyone, not just reddit, who has read the source material, is throwing shit at it now, because it has gone to shit. Go read the comments on the manga on MD or wherever. If you don't read the manga & LN, you have no basis for saying that. People were shit talking it well before the anime got adapted, and it has nothing to do with it being popular. Reddit and r/anime are no worse than MAL.

Jan 24, 2020 10:28 PM

Jul 2016
Ok, new characters from one of the worst series I've seen in 2019... honestly would have preferred Sora, Shiro and Jibril from "No Game No Life" but whatever.

Now, let's see how Naofumi and co. will manage to fit in an already formed group.

Average start.
Jan 26, 2020 3:11 AM

Feb 2018
Pretty amazing. First season was AotS for me, couldn't go 30 seconds without laughing. This time, I smiled once at Chomosuke. Rest was time consuming? Almost seems like a different show.
Jan 26, 2020 6:45 AM
Oct 2017
Lmao why didn't they fucking move by then?
Jan 26, 2020 8:46 PM

Jan 2020
chair-sama said:
What's even the point of bringing here Tate no Yuusha crew, other then monetizing on undeservedly, insanelly selling light novel? These characters have absolutely no comedic potential, and they'll be only making this normally pretty good anime, a much worse one.

Have no clue. The Tate no Yuusha crew just doesn't fit well with the overall mood IQ is going for without having to tweak their personalities. They don't have much about their past that synergizes with the others, either.

Really, marketing reasons aside, this is such a questionable addition to the IQ cast.
Feb 1, 2020 1:31 AM

Jan 2011
They won't bring it up, but can you imagine Darkness's reaction when she hears he's a rapist.
Feb 2, 2020 6:48 AM

Sep 2014
Not gonna lie Im glad shield dude isnt really here, or is he. It wouldnt be a quartett if (shitty shows were allowed to join).

Though this has potential.

Anyway anime of the decade gets continued in this decade as well. All is well. God is good.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 8, 2020 2:29 AM

Aug 2016
So far all shows I watched so I am happy with goofy cast slacking off, the moment Raphtalia appears i was like aaaa cuteness overload!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2020 4:36 PM

Mar 2010
Man this is just spectacular, splendid I feel like i'm in heaven... Like all these different personalities played out perfectly like their respective anime. To collide and create new adventures and interact to a level of high understanding.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 24, 2020 9:23 AM

Aug 2018
Great Episode
8/10
Mar 30, 2020 12:52 AM

Oct 2016
When you look at their position after they changed seats, is clear that Ainz is the true protagonist.
Aug 8, 2020 9:36 AM

Jul 2013
how is that baseball not vaporized like wtf
Just an anime fan, doing what an anime fan does
Aug 21, 2020 10:40 PM

Apr 2020
I love that Wilhelm and Sebas are bros so much.
Oct 2, 2020 11:57 PM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
Ah fuck, it's Naofumi's gang. They tried too hard for Naofumi to be cool here, bruh when the ball was coming and Naofumi put up an air shield, can Filo and Raphtalia just, umm you know.... Move aside? ffs

Ainz is the only one who believed that Aqua is a goddess

Willhelm and Sebas are just being old men who love talking about romance and their romantic life loool.
Jan 22, 2021 1:55 AM

Jun 2019
New transfer student Chomsuke is here. And also, Naofumi and gang.
Feb 7, 2022 10:42 AM

Apr 2013
Here we go again, this time with Naofumi and the girls. Was a good start, but not outstanding.
Dec 5, 2023 7:30 PM
Jul 2018
New characters hurray
Oct 3, 9:31 PM

May 2015
The shield hero cast joins the fray! Naofumi sure had a great showing protecting Raphtalia and Filo with his shield. Can't wait to see them interact more with the quartet.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

99 by Magicmist »»
Oct 11, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

77 by Magicmist »»
Oct 11, 2:04 AM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

59 by Magicmist »»
Oct 10, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2020

39 by Magicmist »»
Oct 10, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2020

53 by Magicmist »»
Oct 10, 1:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.