Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 17, 2020 3:21 PM

Apr 2014
kirie-chan said:
Logic in this show is so stupid. They take an interesting concept - a fantasy VR mmo, but treat it completely the same as isekai. Why would a player care for npcs? Why would a player care for "feelings" of his tool? Why would it be possible to the artifact-style weapon to be scared of monsters?

MC just constantly spends time on a crybaby who is supposed to help him with his gameplay. Be it a proper MMORPG he would tell her to stop making it hard, or completely threw that girl-sword to trash, use normal weapon and reroll artifact to something useful. But it's not, this garbage is just a generic isekai.

And here we have what is a classic case of "they deleted key plot points, now the dumb masses are complaining about some really stupid shit".
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Jan 17, 2020 3:40 PM

Apr 2014
kirie-chan said:
fernaldi01 said:

The MC is a typical good citizen with good moral value, the kind who prioritize his real life over some gaming. Though, he does have one quirk, but it wouldn't appear until he collect some more equipments.

And yet he plays till 4AM and then logins exactly 24h later after death. He has no real life it seems.

Also I'm so frustrated with the amount of food that sword eats. Why would he even feed it? Is there any buffs or bonus exp for food? Or is it just because the director wanted a scene at a tavern?

He did just graduate and first year Tokyo University haven't started, so he have loads of free time. Better than his very rich brother who sits on his ass and play 20 hours a day.

Time dilation in game is great for a lot of things, from catching up on sleep to doing your paperwork in game (there are actually people who do this in this series, tho they wouldn't show up in anime, due to obvious time and money constraints).

The game is advertised as "a second life", "100% simulated isekai life" and sold by a shady company that names itself "Lewis Carrol" which nobody have heard of in-universe until "Infinite Dendrogram" suddenly showed up and exploded in popularity due to its "unrealistically sci-fi powers" that eclipsed all other "VRMMO technology" (Vol 1 prologue info by the way). At this point, you can probably guess there is something weird about it.

Food taste good in game (and you don't get fat from it, so there are guys who use the game just to satisfy their gourmet desires and gluttony), there is a taste system, why not feed your partner? If you end up with a maiden type, you would be the type to like a maiden type in the first place. (Otherwise you wouldn't get a maiden type in the first place, end of story)
ap1001Jan 17, 2020 3:46 PM
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Jan 17, 2020 4:28 PM

Dec 2016
ap1001 said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

How you ask? Dendrogram is just boring (Like I said earlier just watch and compare two seconds episodes of both anime) and I'm not the only one just compare both "communities", BOFURI have more active forum which episode posts are more popular and positive towards anime when you have in Dendrogram forum literally post titled "Why do high rated light novels turn into trash when they are adapted in an anime?".

lol just realized that title of this series is not "Infinite Danganronpa" xD

Bofuri, you mean that shitty pile of turd that pretends to be a LN?

The only reason that forum is positive is because the toxicity don't bother flow over there, I can rant on that side for hours about how Bofuri is a massive pile of crap and anyone who enjoy it is literally retarded, but I don't go flame that board cause I have standards.

So its not Bofuri is "better" as much as the people that really fucking hate that garbage doesn't even want to waste time flaming it.

Last time I checked toxicity is a bad thing but whatever you say ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.186/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jan 17, 2020 7:27 PM
Jun 2016
Nieznajomy43 said:
ap1001 said:

Bofuri, you mean that shitty pile of turd that pretends to be a LN?

The only reason that forum is positive is because the toxicity don't bother flow over there, I can rant on that side for hours about how Bofuri is a massive pile of crap and anyone who enjoy it is literally retarded, but I don't go flame that board cause I have standards.

So its not Bofuri is "better" as much as the people that really fucking hate that garbage doesn't even want to waste time flaming it.

Last time I checked toxicity is a bad thing but whatever you say ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please don't make me begin want to trash that Bofuri
Dendrogram has a better game system, world building, story and character
When Bofuri just a cheating loli playing shitty game while the Dev is fucking useless that can't nerf her or make the game more balance

The only make people forgave it just because "MOE"
Jan 17, 2020 9:15 PM

Mar 2018
Papopitoad said:
How the fuck this can worse than that moe shit about a broken loli playing shit mmorpg
yxckson said:
ima have to second this chief

Me third. Literally came to this show after dropping Bofuri at episode 2 giving 1/10. No idea how the hell this show is trashed but Bofuri is praised. Sure, I was taken aback in episode 1 at "infinite possibilities" thing (which is pretty much impossible for a game setting) but if you get past it, it still has 'game' atmosphere. In episode 2, we saw:
- The protag is kinda OP at low-level, but he has limits. A limit which is plausible for a low-level player. Because other top players are mentioned and he himself got killed by a (probably high level) PKer. (In Bofuri, the protag solo'ed an entire arena taking 0 damage.)
- His 'unique' Embryo is not unique. It was only rare, and other players also have it, plus also mentioned someone even raised it to its highest capability, not the protag. (In Bofuri, protag somehow obtained a one-and-only unique gear which is designed solely for her, also OP af, nobody ever seen it, not to mention after soloing a dungeon bare-handed and 'eating' the boss.)
- In ID, protag properly grinds to raise level. (In Bofuri, protag kills two weakest mobs and jumps to lvl.8)

In summary, ID succeeded in showing an MMORPG's atmosphere by showing the protag isn't a special snowflake and he is still within the game's system. The game is not broken. Other players have exactly the fair chances and advantages he's having.
While Bofuri, despite depicting protag is a literal game-breaking bug, no further action is taken, both by high authorities and other players. Other players love her for whatever reason, no one tries her build, no one knows what she did. Basically, it's treating other players as a peanut gallery with maxed stupidity, which in turn showed the protag is a special snowflake and the author has zero knowledge about how MMOs work.

I complained Bofuri in its episode 1 discussion and the replies I got are "I shouldn't take it seriously cuz it's a CGDCT/SoL/parody show", "I shouldn't compare it to an irl game setting" and the worst: "The game isn't broken at all". Heh. People don't realize protag being a cute girl is clouding their judgement. I'm also a moefag but I clearly see the show's flaws. I bet if the protag is a guy, Bofuri will be trashed similarly as other self-insert isekai. But now, it's 7.44 while ID is 6.53. Typical MAL.

Jan 18, 2020 1:08 AM

Feb 2015
Ok episode, it's kinda funny how both this and the other vrmmo anime this season have horrible game design.

A game where almost every zone allows for player killing and once you die can't login for 24 hours would never work irl, you'd just have higher level players constantly killing newer players.
Jan 18, 2020 1:59 AM

Oct 2008
The game won't be complete without PKers!
3/5.

Jan 18, 2020 6:59 AM
Oct 2017
This shit is awful, to think that this show would be different to other isekai/fantasy light novel adaptations for once. Just useless exposition and shitty one-note cliche characters
Jan 18, 2020 7:10 AM

May 2014
Renkini said:
Papopitoad said:
How the fuck this can worse than that moe shit about a broken loli playing shit mmorpg
yxckson said:

Me third. Literally came to this show after dropping Bofuri at episode 2 giving 1/10. No idea how the hell this show is trashed but Bofuri is praised. Sure, I was taken aback in episode 1 at "infinite possibilities" thing (which is pretty much impossible for a game setting) but if you get past it, it still has 'game' atmosphere. In episode 2, we saw:
- The protag is kinda OP at low-level, but he has limits. A limit which is plausible for a low-level player. Because other top players are mentioned and he himself got killed by a (probably high level) PKer. (In Bofuri, the protag solo'ed an entire arena taking 0 damage.)
- His 'unique' Embryo is not unique. It was only rare, and other players also have it, plus also mentioned someone even raised it to its highest capability, not the protag. (In Bofuri, protag somehow obtained a one-and-only unique gear which is designed solely for her, also OP af, nobody ever seen it, not to mention after soloing a dungeon bare-handed and 'eating' the boss.)
- In ID, protag properly grinds to raise level. (In Bofuri, protag kills two weakest mobs and jumps to lvl.8)

In summary, ID succeeded in showing an MMORPG's atmosphere by showing the protag isn't a special snowflake and he is still within the game's system. The game is not broken. Other players have exactly the fair chances and advantages he's having.
While Bofuri, despite depicting protag is a literal game-breaking bug, no further action is taken, both by high authorities and other players. Other players love her for whatever reason, no one tries her build, no one knows what she did. Basically, it's treating other players as a peanut gallery with maxed stupidity, which in turn showed the protag is a special snowflake and the author has zero knowledge about how MMOs work.

I complained Bofuri in its episode 1 discussion and the replies I got are "I shouldn't take it seriously cuz it's a CGDCT/SoL/parody show", "I shouldn't compare it to an irl game setting" and the worst: "The game isn't broken at all". Heh. People don't realize protag being a cute girl is clouding their judgement. I'm also a moefag but I clearly see the show's flaws. I bet if the protag is a guy, Bofuri will be trashed similarly as other self-insert isekai. But now, it's 7.44 while ID is 6.53. Typical MAL.
I have to agree on Bofuri too. I bothered to read the first few dozen chapters of the Bofuri web novel, and I have lost all faith in it.

How is "moe" treated as a valid excuse if a show doesn't bother with plot, dialogue, characters, substance, creative material, or even decent comedy? I suppose I am not surprised, but even so. Bofuri is an extremely derivative work that copy-pastes the same script seen in countless other anime. It is afraid to death of taking any risks and simply delivers the same CGDCT content as always and hopes that it sells (which it apparently does). There is not even any minor conflict, and everyone loves the protagonist for no reason, other than her being cute, of course.

Slice of life is also no excuse because you could still have meaningful or interesting dialogue in an everyday context. People can still have personalities and can do things for interesting reasons.

The "I shouldn't take it seriously cuz it's a parody show" argument has no leg to stand on because even parody should actually be interesting, witty, or funny in some way. If a parody is virtually indistinguishable from its intended target and plays out the same clichés in the same way as usually, it has failed. It isn't much of a parody if you write the same thing and arbitrarily slap the label "parody" on it.
Jan 18, 2020 7:49 AM

Dec 2016
Renkini said:
Papopitoad said:
yxckson said:

Me third. Literally came to this show after dropping Bofuri at episode 2 giving 1/10.

"1/10" lol just lol ... by just animation alone Bofuri shouldn't be scored below 4~5/10. Also does giving 1/10 show a lack of respect towards people who had no influence over story and characters design?

No idea how the hell this show is trashed but Bofuri is praised.

because Bofuri is more enjoyable and more "sakuga". You can have better balanced universe but this does not matter if nothing is happening (amount of fights that were cut short in ID is baffling like "we need to show how badass are MC is so we will not show how he fights" xD) also characters in Bofuri clearly have more fun playing their game. Maple having fun is just contagious to viewers.

and this isn't bad game just isn't balanced enough, like which dev would think about possibility that low level player could successfully solo dungeon and kill boss therefore rewarding through equipment for high level players (for only type players with sane mind that would do this)?
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
Jan 18, 2020 11:17 AM

Jul 2017
PieterVMB said:
Someone know the Japanese voice actor voicing the flying hat at the start of the episode? I recognise the voice but I can't put a name on it...
Yoshitsugu Matsuoka?
Jan 18, 2020 12:08 PM

May 2014
Nieznajomy43 said:
also characters in Bofuri clearly have more fun playing their game. Maple having fun is just contagious to viewers.
If everyone is always happy, then nothing is interesting. Not having any kind of meaningful conflict makes the story stale. It also makes human relationships stale: everyone always likes everyone else and is happy all day round.
Jan 18, 2020 12:50 PM

Feb 2014
too many "fortunate" coincidences for the protag that seems to mask its "OP MC trope" but i can't be fooled by such simple trick.. except if you're shounen, which seems to be the kind of audience this anime is aiming
Jan 18, 2020 12:54 PM

Nov 2013
shiku shiku, i can feel more flesh down there, shiku shiku

LOLOL i'm liking Nemesis =D
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jan 18, 2020 2:04 PM

Nov 2009
huh... a Guardian being a Succubus... here I thought Succubus would be caster types, LOL

So is the Succubus a M or something? where instead of she doing the whipping, she likes to be whipped.

___ ___ ___

Also, them weapons (Embryo) sure do eat a lot...

___ ___ ___

And... those thing they were fighting at the middle of the episode looks like mini-Aliens.

And they also lost/ got eaten like that dude in Jurassic Park eaten by tiny raptors. (with the difference that Players in this game don't die Perma like Jurassic) (unless of course, this game also somehow gets hacked like all other VR-anime and people dies in real life and shit)

___ ___ ___

And yes, Nemesis Embryo is still cute, lol @ how she's afraid of creepy stuff and was crying the entire time the dude used her to slash zombies.
amlgJan 18, 2020 2:13 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 18, 2020 2:43 PM

May 2013
Apart from Nemesis there is nothing what really keeps me watching this one, animation still seems pretty low-effort and no clue what the story is about. About mc-kun leveling up and becoming op? since dendo seems more serious and action-oriented compared to bofuri it should better make it clear asap
Jan 18, 2020 3:19 PM
Nov 2019
Not feeling this one - I'll give it one more Ep. to be sure, but it's looking like the third drop of this season.
Jan 18, 2020 4:14 PM
Jul 2015
I couldn't even watch the full episode.
It's not good. It's boring, the game itself fucking sucks, characters are really bland (at least the bear guy is enjoyable to watch), Nemesis feels like an afterthought. Aside from the NPC thing, there are barely any stakes.
Player Killing? Who the fuck cares? Yeah the 24 hour thing is annoying as all hell, but that's why the game is bad to begin with.
Jan 18, 2020 10:27 PM
Jun 2016
Nieznajomy43 said:
Renkini said:

Me third. Literally came to this show after dropping Bofuri at episode 2 giving 1/10.

"1/10" lol just lol ... by just animation alone Bofuri shouldn't be scored below 4~5/10. Also does giving 1/10 show a lack of respect towards people who had no influence over story and characters design?

No idea how the hell this show is trashed but Bofuri is praised.

because Bofuri is more enjoyable and more "sakuga". You can have better balanced universe but this does not matter if nothing is happening (amount of fights that were cut short in ID is baffling like "we need to show how badass are MC is so we will not show how he fights" xD) also characters in Bofuri clearly have more fun playing their game. Maple having fun is just contagious to viewers.

and this isn't bad game just isn't balanced enough, like which dev would think about possibility that low level player could successfully solo dungeon and kill boss therefore rewarding through equipment for high level players (for only type players with sane mind that would do this)?

It not just about the balance it about the world building , the story and how the game working
ID better than Bofuri in all that
If you don't want take that Bofuri seriously fine, just don't compare them
But it you did , do it fair and square
Jan 18, 2020 11:53 PM
Aug 2018
Papopitoad said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

It not just about the balance it about the world building , the story and how the game working
ID better than Bofuri in all that
If you don't want take that Bofuri seriously fine, just don't compare them
But it you did , do it fair and square

I like both bofuri i don't want to get hurt so i'll max out my defense novel and Infinite Dendrogram novel

Only difference this two that Maple even she got nerf by Admin she still Overpowered plus she always win and Ray Starling he not only one Overpowered in Game all Overpowered both good and evil, Mc Ray not always win sometimes he lose to strong enemy and more experience than him
yuuma_kugaJan 18, 2020 11:56 PM
Jan 19, 2020 5:55 AM

Mar 2016
Primitive shit for MMO-nerds.
Jan 19, 2020 7:59 AM

Mar 2018
Nieznajomy43 said:
does giving 1/10 show a lack of respect towards people who had no influence over story and characters design?

Good point but sorry, no. I hate what I hate. With that line of thinking, all anime are at least worthy of 3/10 or 4/10 and there will be no 1/10 anime to show your hate, which makes the 1 to 10 scoring system kinda meaningless.

we need to show how badass are MC is so we will not show how he fights

In other words, it doesn't show OP MC being badass by completely obliterating every enemy that comes his way therefore it's bad. Sounds like our standard for what's "good" is entirely different from fundamental basis.

also characters in Bofuri clearly have more fun playing their game. Maple having fun is just contagious to viewers.

You just described the worst aspect of Bofuri (imo) as a positive point. Sure, they're having fun. Because the story forces them to. They will be happy as long as Maple is dominating all enemies. They will be happy if Maple oneshots the final boss. They will be happy if Maple unlocked the most powerful skill in the game just by breathing. C'mon, where's the tension? Where's the story? Where's anything that's remotely funny? She will always win against all enemies without any effort, she'll have no hardships, no worthy challenges, and in the end, nothing to continue writing the story about except the peanut gallery putting her on a pedestal and worship her. She'll just be a Mary Sue with a shield. Well, if you enjoy that kind of story... go ahead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ On the other hand, I definitely don't.

Trust me, I'm kind of a CGDCT connoisseur and I've seen many Moe shows which made its fun contagious to me. Bofuri is not one of them.

Jan 19, 2020 2:48 PM

Dec 2016
Renkini said:
Nieznajomy43 said:
does giving 1/10 show a lack of respect towards people who had no influence over story and characters design?

Good point but sorry, no. I hate what I hate. With that line of thinking, all anime are at least worthy of 3/10 or 4/10 and there will be no 1/10 anime to show your hate, which makes the 1 to 10 scoring system kinda meaningless.

No it doesn't because scores like 1/10 exit for media that fail in every aspect or can be considered "dangerous". Did you watched animated movies like "Foodfight", "Rapsittie Street Kids: Believe in Santa" or movies from Dingo Pictures? or classic like The Room? These are really bad (it term of plot, voice acting, design and animation) to the point that they are "So Bad, It's Good". And Bofuri objectively don't have bad animation, I was even surprised how that water fight in ep.2 look good. Definitely they have a lot of talent there.

And there are "dangerous" media, (sorry english isn't my native language so I don't know better fitting word to describe it) media that promotes bad/toxic behavior (intentionally or not) like movies "Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas", "God's Not Dead" or overall most christian movies (in which if you are not a Christian from default you are a bad person and you will probably die) and their main message is that "christians are SO oppressed everywhere". and Bofuri in worst case scenario is harmless.

In my case it was anime Okaasan online. Overall this anime was good could have score about 7/10 if not how they badly portrayed abusive parenting, they even somehow successfully destroyed Medhi and her mother, they focused multiple episode on their abusive relationship only to negate everything by saying "it was evil stuff".
But the worst part was relationship between Wise and her mother, like really her mother never cared about her and in some point aven abandoned only to return and basically kidnap her so Wise mother could making out with young guys in that game. I'm still angry when I think about this.
Also I hated Mamako to the point I made post on MAL about in reality Mamako is also abusive parent (and because there are evidences for that).

but even after all this shi*t I give this anime 4/10 because animation was good and I really liked "kids" and their interactions, only moms were pure sh*t.

we need to show how badass are MC is so we will not show how he fights

In other words, it doesn't show OP MC being badass by completely obliterating every enemy that comes his way therefore it's bad. Sounds like our standard for what's "good" is entirely different from fundamental basis.

I never said that this is bad (or this anime is bad) in my opinion kinda boring like they are afraid to show an action. Every time when something was about to happen they moved to another scene.
I dunno, they could cut some earlier scenes and just extend dungeon part when he fights zombies, maybe they could cut death part because in my opinion is cool but meaningless, we already know from ep.1 why 24h ban is real threat and in the end it didn't had real impact on characters.

You just described the worst aspect of Bofuri (imo) as a positive point. Sure, they're having fun. Because the story forces them to. They will be happy as long as Maple is dominating all enemies. They will be happy if Maple oneshots the final boss. They will be happy if Maple unlocked the most powerful skill in the game just by breathing. C'mon, where's the tension? Where's the story? Where's anything that's remotely funny? She will always win against all enemies without any effort, she'll have no hardships, no worthy challenges, and in the end, nothing to continue writing the story about except the peanut gallery putting her on a pedestal and worship her. She'll just be a Mary Sue with a shield. Well, if you enjoy that
kind of story... go ahead ¯_(ツ)_/¯ On the other hand, I definitely don't.
[/quote]

but she isn't Mary Sue her every power and skill have logic behind it, like she ated exploding bug she gained resistance towards explosion.
"no worthy challenges" for her walking is a challenge because how slow she is. ;)
and there are still threats for her like that water dungeon she definitely wouldn't beat it. She just have really strong defence making her hard to kill and few relatively useful skills.
Nieznajomy43Jan 19, 2020 2:53 PM
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
Jan 19, 2020 5:16 PM
Jun 2016
Nieznajomy43 said:
I never said that this is bad (or this anime is bad) in my opinion kinda boring like they are afraid to show an action. Every time when something was about to happen they moved to another scene.
I dunno, they could cut some earlier scenes and just extend dungeon part when he fights zombies, maybe they could cut death part because in my opinion is cool but meaningless, we already know from ep.1 why 24h ban is real threat and in the end it didn't had real impact on characters.

So the fight with a small fish like zombie should be show why the death what is for Ray and Nemesis development is meaningless ?
And that death even has a important role for everything happen after that

Nieznajomy43 said:
but she isn't Mary Sue her every power and skill have logic behind it, like she ated exploding bug she gained resistance towards explosion.
"no worthy challenges" for her walking is a challenge because how slow she is. ;)
and there are still threats for her like that water dungeon she definitely wouldn't beat it. She just have really strong defence making her hard to kill and few relatively useful skills.

How about i said those logic is dumb

what kind of logic just stand and do nothing can help raise your defend

What kind of logic behind that eating bomb make you can resistance explosion

why no one try to build like her after that

where is beta tester, did they never check how to build the wall

Everything was made to force her become OP
And tank and wall don't need high speed , did you ever play RPG before ?
PapopitoadJan 19, 2020 6:36 PM
Jan 20, 2020 4:28 AM

Apr 2016
The PK thing is interesting. To be honest, the way the world is organized in the game remember me of Accel World. I think this series is pretty interesting in some aspect, I’m curious of how it will go on.
Jan 20, 2020 9:27 PM

Mar 2018
Post entirely dedicated to @Nieznajomy43 and it's pretty long so I put it all in spoiler tab. Steer away if you aren't interested, especially if you're a Bofuri fan.
RenkiniJan 20, 2020 9:33 PM

Jan 22, 2020 3:33 AM

Feb 2018
Somehow they meet top rank 1.
Jan 26, 2020 4:44 AM

Apr 2012
Dewssalleaki said:
Don’t understand the hate for this anime, I really enjoyed first two episodes.

Probably because those complaining have seen too much isekai and mmorpg anime that they developed preconceived standards with preconditioned expectations therefore making them incapable of enjoying others. I love this type of genre because I watch them without making the mistake of bias comparisons to its famous predecessors.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jan 26, 2020 5:20 AM

Feb 2012
I absolutely hate this main character. He has NO personality. Not a single interesting thought in his head. No likes, no dislikes, no philosophies or character quirks. Not to mention that everything is being handed to him.

I couldn't even make it past 15 minutes. I'll give it one more shot at episode three, but chances are good that this one won't be improving.

Renkini said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

I can actually point to an exact anime that proves why we need 1/10 scoring. Vampire Knight: Guilty. Need I say more?
Zei33Jan 26, 2020 5:25 AM
Jan 30, 2020 4:24 PM
Feb 2018
Nemesis and Babylon are adorable. Nemesis reaction to ghost and zombies is priceless
Feb 3, 2020 10:43 AM

Aug 2018
Good Episode
6/10
Feb 4, 2020 5:21 PM

Oct 2010
I love episodes like this, where the MC spends his time grinding his way up. Its better than time skips and just see snapshots of them leveling up. It feels more adventurous and adds depth to the character. Also, Nemesis cries so cutely lol
Apr 3, 2020 3:50 PM

Aug 2017
Well, much better than the first episode but it was still boring in some scenes especially when the bear is talking, annoying character.

Figaro looks like the player-killer.

3/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 2, 2020 2:10 AM

Jul 2015
Ray sure met some highlevel players in the short time he played the game, his sword got quite the personality

I hope Shu appears again soon, really liked him, grizz

Mar 20, 2021 9:57 PM
Oct 2017
Better than that god awful 1st episode.
May 1, 2021 6:56 AM

Sep 2012
Figaro seems suspicious
Sep 6, 2021 10:27 PM

Aug 2018
Janethan23 said:
Dewssalleaki said:
Don’t understand the hate for this anime, I really enjoyed first two episodes.

Probably because those complaining have seen too much isekai and mmorpg anime that they developed preconceived standards with preconditioned expectations therefore making them incapable of enjoying others. I love this type of genre because I watch them without making the mistake of bias comparisons to its famous predecessors.
This post is wisdom. I’m also enjoying this series.
Jan 4, 2023 7:30 AM
Apr 2020
Nieznajomy43 said:
It is far better than Isekai Cheat Magician but much worse than Moe Shield (especially by comparing both ep.2).

Maybe bringing up a show whose priorities and overall approach is greatly contradictory to those of the show you're comparing it to (and presenting the former as the "superior" show) wasn't such a good idea...

On the other hand, I wouldn’t put much weight on Renkini’s opinions on Bofuri; dude was exposed hard in Bofuri’s debut episode discussion thread for his lack of understanding on how MMOs functioned.
Jan 4, 2023 9:19 AM

Dec 2016
Romax24245 said:
Maybe bringing up a show whose priorities and overall approach is greatly contradictory to those of the show you're comparing it to (and presenting the former as the "superior" show) wasn't such a good idea...

but why cutting important part of my post?
Nieznajomy43 said:
It is far better than Isekai Cheat Magician but much worse than Moe Shield (especially by comparing both ep.2). Main flaw of current episodes is basically no action, every time some fight was about to happen it was stop by something.

Also 3 are similar enough because in the end they all are "action adventure" happening in fantasy world, also Infinite Danganronpa and BOFURI are both "VRMMO" anime.
Overall BOFURI is much more fun to watch with more interesting/fun characters while Infinite Danganronpa doesn't have that, no matter if ID is taking itself more realistically/gritty. Isekai Cheat Magician is just boring with below average animation.

If Infinite Danganronpa had better animation with better action/fights situation could be different.
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
May 22, 2023 1:24 AM

Oct 2022
I don't like lower part of his outfit. Looks to much like jeans and sneakers.
Sep 21, 8:23 AM
Dec 2017
this one was a bit more entertaining, the presence of danger of pker's looming only after starting the game, I also like the aspect of making it as real with real consequences as it seemed when most players didn't join the war...

kinda liked the start of the episode and how it presented the game admins as kinda like a middle ground antagonist haven't seen something like that done since that anime with the girl with the red shield.

I'm feeling a bit invested, I hope to see more of the journey unfold...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

33 by amf85 »»
Oct 23, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2020

172 by INKYLORE »»
Sep 21, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

79 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Sep 7, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

38 by james_lima »»
Aug 31, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2020

30 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 8:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.