Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 12, 2019 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like they're starting to prepare for the festivals.

I still find the character chemistry in the their koto club to be pretty amusing. A pretty chill episode. I find it relaxing to see the cast enjoying their time together but pacing should be picking up again pretty soon. I'm also starting to like Kurusu Hiro a bit more.
Oct 12, 2019 10:10 AM

Nov 2007
NamiDai's character surprising his students. Well, cannot be helped because he doesn't say anything about himself. Though I'm more surprised at him being so volunteering to provide music for next performance (I guess he became serious after watching their performance). Hosoya-san's character appearing to tutor as well as cooking for them.

Two girls getting chance to work with guys outside the club and getting some contact.

ED is ok.

It seems like more of couple time next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 12, 2019 10:24 AM

Apr 2010
Seems like love is in the air and it hit the girls.
Houzuki doesn't seem to realise it yet tho and Kurusu isn't sure what to do.
For now it looks interesting but i hope it doesn't effect the group to much, love in small groups can lead to trouble.
Oct 12, 2019 11:03 AM

Apr 2016
Ahh .. the smell of youth.

When Tetsu was talking about X/Y was it about his situation ?
Oct 12, 2019 11:14 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Even though they should be devastated at their loss its nice to see the team are still determined to learn from this defeat. Looks like even the teacher was inspired by their performance. Without the koto club Chika would probably have ended up getting in constant trouble with the law. The thanks expressed to Takezou sure was heartwarming. Though broadening one's knowledge is a good step that sure is a lot of CD's that were brought in to help them. The club's perception within the school seems to have been improved quite a bit since they witnessed their performance last season. Though what Hiro did in the past was horrible its sad that it had to show up now when she's determined to change. Kudo's to Takezou for stepping in though. A strong ep as always that did well to show the developing feelings that have built up within Hiro and Houzuki while also showing the club's desire to improve their skills. Looking forward to seeing how the festival would help in improving the bonds between them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2019 11:32 AM

Aug 2013
Poor X and Y. There so lonely. XD

Good episode. I like Kurusu Hiro though I do feel bad for her.

Two ships are about to sail.

Oct 12, 2019 11:42 AM
Sep 2015
Tetsuki definitely love Chika, he move to the same school as him, he even let Chika sleep on his bed while he sleep on the floor.

Also, I hope this is not one of those 'their (romantic) relationship must be solved before they can have a good performance', I once thought that this is a norm, as some music anime labeled as masterpiece also use this cliche, but several years ago I watched music anime that nothing is resolved, no good or bad ending happened, yet they can still give a good performance in the end, and that gives me a new standard I can compare to newer anime.
Oct 12, 2019 11:47 AM
May 2018
I love seeing lovey dovey moments like those. Seeing relationships develop is the most satisfying thing. But the moments didn't have the same weight that a they had in the manga.
Oct 12, 2019 11:54 AM

Nov 2011
Kurata's development over this entire series has been amazing. For him to stand up for Kurusu was so good!

Kudou planting that kiss on Houzuki...accidental but still happened!

I liked Houzuki's reaction when Kudou laughed and she covered his face with cardboard, like "Nope only I'm allowed to see this."

The girl is learning people!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 12, 2019 11:57 AM

Jul 2017
An episode dedicated entirely to the ships! Just how i wanted!

We have some love gossip between our main heroines, more Chika x Satowa moments, wich are always great to see, but, the highlight of this episode goes to the ship i really wanted for it to sail, and NOW I BELIEVE IT WILL, Takezou x Hiro, omg please make it happen, these 2 look amazing together! It seems Hiro has finally found someone who won't judge her and who she can rely on. Takezou gave a great answer to those fuckers who were already saying some stupid things to her. She couldn't even hold her tears.. fucking amazing moment.

This anime still continues to impress me. There are many awesome anime coming out during Saturdays, but Kono Oto Tomare might be the one i'm more enthusiastic to watch during Saturdays. It might look like an exaggeration, but nope, i'm dead serious.
Oct 12, 2019 12:03 PM

Dec 2014
That's one way to learn Math. xD

Glad to see Suzuka-sensei taking more initiative, his role in the club starts to get a lot more compelling from here on out.

I love all the Chika x Satowa moments, they only get better from here on out so I can't wait.

Hiro. :(
Good thing Takezo was with her.

I love the ED, it's great.
Oct 12, 2019 12:07 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Tetsuki is such an amazing friend, i cried when he thanked Kurata for not abandoning my boi Chika.

5/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Oct 12, 2019 12:07 PM

Jan 2017
As someone who was stupid as hell from math in high school, I appreciated the tutoring scene very much, haha.

It's rare for me to be this much on board with all ships an anime sets up, I love both of them though in this one, so the ep was very enjoyable for me.
Oct 12, 2019 12:21 PM
May 2017
This is the Kono Oto Tomare quality I've been missing..Both tears & laughter from the same episode. I like that the ships are being developed too.
Oct 12, 2019 12:35 PM

Feb 2018
Ahhhh I can't handle this cuteness, hozuki covering his face was fucking cute. The love is in the air
Oct 12, 2019 1:13 PM

Dec 2015
Great romance in this episode. And the teacher's background got revealed to the group. Nice to see him helping now as well with composing stuff.
Oct 12, 2019 1:28 PM

May 2018
Well then it looks like part of Hiro's past still haunt her.
Oct 12, 2019 2:03 PM

Jan 2016
Probably my favorite episode so far, because of the humor and the romance. Of course, this season will be even more amazing so this is just a foretaste of what's to come. Both romance wise and koto wise.
Oct 12, 2019 2:14 PM

May 2015
The maths scene was hilarious and too relatable.

So much romance! (。♥‿♥。) I'm a big fan of Chika x Hozuki but I have to admit Kurusu and Kurata definitely stole the show for me this episode. I also like how it showed us the 4 coupled characters having romance troubles... and then cuts to the baka trio being silly lol.

♡ artist
サコ
Oct 12, 2019 2:24 PM

Mar 2019
Sorry I'm dumb but was that a kiss or no?
Oct 12, 2019 2:32 PM

Jul 2012
tbh im wondering this since 1st season but why is this not tagged as romance?
hozuki x chika <3 cant wait till i see all stuff that were in manga

x and y... if i was explained it like that maybe i would have been better at math .. i wonder

1 thing i was thinking is whats with that reaction of chika and hozuki crying... i mean if he acidentally kissed her or smth i would get it, but he just leaned towards her xD

either way good episode as usuall <3
Oct 12, 2019 2:47 PM

Nov 2016
Love is in the air hehe. And am I proud of my man Kurata, the way he told the Naoya off, what a fierce burn.

Another really enjoyable episode, was pretty well balanced in terms, of comedy, cuteness and drama.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 12, 2019 3:12 PM

May 2016
Ahhh so many ships, my heart can't take it
Oct 12, 2019 3:12 PM

May 2016
RiverboatRam said:
Sorry I'm dumb but was that a kiss or no?

No they just got very close
Oct 12, 2019 3:36 PM

Mar 2016
Ehistox said:

As long as they don't sink...
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Oct 12, 2019 3:37 PM
Mar 2018
ThatSaltyDude said:
I love seeing lovey dovey moments like those. Seeing relationships develop is the most satisfying thing. But the moments didn't have the same weight that a they had in the manga.

So you're saying the manga is somewhat better? Now i really want to read it. Even more than before(no time tho :( )
Oct 12, 2019 3:48 PM

Apr 2018
I adore the characters in this show. They are the sweetest things I've seen lately. I felt similarly while watching Natsume Yuujinchou.
Oct 12, 2019 4:11 PM

Jul 2017
Lovely ship episode, even the Kurata x Chika ship was going strong

Can't wait to hear the performance at the festival, I'm sure it's gonna be a blast.
Oct 12, 2019 4:43 PM

Jul 2016
The people who are into shipping characters sure had a blast with this episode's second half xD

Surprisingly, it was a quite enjoyable episode overall. Maybe it was because the drama was at minimal this time but I felt truly entertained from beginning to end.
Personally, my favorite part was seeing Takezou standing up for Hiro and putting that pathetic duo at place. So far, I'm really satisfied with how his character development has been handled so I only hope it can get better and better from here.

Well, that said, now (to my surprise) I'm really looking forward to the School Festival next episode. And Jesus, Takezou in the preview looking like a snack :X
Oct 12, 2019 4:46 PM

Oct 2009
Tecchan's got quite the affinity for teaching, that was as genius as it was hilarious, really.

I think the Chika×strawberry ship should be the main focus though. Much better than all the other ships. xD
Oct 12, 2019 4:57 PM

Sep 2011
Tetsuki is truly an angel, helping them with their studies, cooking for them... Words can't describe how lucky Kudou, and the others, are to have him in their lives. But making them feel sorry for the X, and the Y, huh. xD I have empathy for a lot of "crazy" things too, but I don't know if I would feel for them, I'm on the "math is scary" team. lol And Kudou is so precious, getting all happy at the prospect of eating some Strawberry Daifuku. xD

I love how the others are finally starting to see the real him, but I guess Houzuki wasn't ready for the "competition." lol It was so cute to see her trying to hide his smile so other people wouldn't realize even more just how precious he truly is. And Takezou, and Kurusu are getting closer and closer too. They shared a really cool moment when he helped her with those two from her past. Only the trio was totally focused on the preparations for the school festival by the end. xD Oh, and Takinami-sensei is really helping them, he is being cool too.
Oct 12, 2019 6:04 PM

Mar 2016
This was a surprisingly boring episode. It had too much focus on romance between characters who haven't been properly fleshed out yet.
Oct 12, 2019 8:16 PM

Jul 2014
So many bro moments and cute romantic moments this episode! I love these sort of breather episodes in sports/hobby anime where the cast does normal things together since they usually focus on progressing character relationships.

Chika letting Kurata know he respects him as a club president and realizing all the times Kurata has looked out for him in the past is super heartwarming. Houzuki trying to fit in with normal high school girls and becoming jealous over the attention Chika has been getting is hella cute. But the scene where Kurata smoothly took Kurusu away from an uncomfortable situation is a huge KYAAAH moment. Kurusu falling in love with him because he completely accepts her even after seeing her worst side feels like a very natural development, and I find myself more invested in them than the tsundere couple (who I still adore very much).

Arghhh I cant enough of these cute relationships. People are seriously missing out on some diabetic romance by not giving this show a chance.
Oct 12, 2019 8:50 PM

Aug 2018
What i confirm in this episode is that girls are really really weird creatures xD

Oh boi takezo x hiro and satowa x chika moments in a single episode, weve been so blessed by this wonderful ships!

There will be more of this in coming episodes so be ready

Hiro is so cute

and Satowa!

Another great episode 5/5
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Oct 12, 2019 9:00 PM

Mar 2019
Loving this season so far, hopefully we get some character/relationship progress and not just drama though. But damn I could just watch this show forever.
Oct 12, 2019 10:22 PM

Mar 2018
Ahahah such a bummer at the end xD
But damn the romance is really booming, it doesn't even have romace tag. I don't dislike it tho, on the contrary I really like the romance in Kono Oto Tomare.

Kurata is such a hero (^ω^) But seriously him standing up for Hiro was awesome

Houzuki doesn't seem to realize it yet. Was funny to see her in the girls' talk xd

Ah but I hope the Romance part won't get in their way when performing. After all most small groups tend to have certain problems when love is part of it
On the other hand, I'd absolutely love it if they don't have these classic problems

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 12, 2019 10:39 PM

Apr 2017
Ehistox said:

mah heart <333333333333333

Oct 13, 2019 3:27 AM

Feb 2018
Ahh maaaaan Kurata standing up for Hiro gaves me chill <3
Oct 13, 2019 4:06 AM
Sep 2016
That glare from takezu was something else

This anime does deel cringy from time to time but for some reason i still find myself wanting to see more
I hope they don't make a big problem out of the love thing
Oct 13, 2019 4:32 AM

Jun 2013
Romantic episode.
Oct 13, 2019 5:00 AM

Dec 2014
so like the girls are falling hard....awwww
Oct 13, 2019 6:33 AM
Apr 2019
Why no romance tag in genre when its so good. wtf...

Oct 13, 2019 7:31 AM

Jul 2014
Love is in the air! I love how Kurata takes no shit from anyone talking bad about Hiro.

The ED is okay at first, might like it if I listen more..
Oct 13, 2019 8:08 AM

Aug 2013
Still loving the opening and that it's sung by Shoutan! His voice always make me happy! This episode was nice!
Oct 13, 2019 9:10 AM

May 2015
Somehow it's a better watch now when we already are familiar with the characters. The ships are sailing and I'm rooting for both pairs. Kurata is inconspicuously awesome.
The teacher is finally making an effort, I'd like to see some development with him too.
Oct 13, 2019 9:54 AM

Apr 2011
Gosh! I love this episode. My heart can't take the cuteness ugh!

Oct 13, 2019 10:03 AM
Sep 2017
Compared to the half-hearted season 1 this season has already picked up a better pace than that. Season 1 was just a build up now that I think about it. It was a 6/10 for me.

The real story begins from season 2 imo... This episode was better than any of the previous eps.. It is already a 7 as of now and hopefully will get only better...

until next one
Oct 13, 2019 3:31 PM

Oct 2012
I LOVE MY OTP SO MUCH I'M SCREAMING
seriously ughhhhh
Oct 13, 2019 5:08 PM

Oct 2008
the girls of the Koto club are falling in love huh...
Kurata x Kurusu is okay but i'm more like Satowa x Chika!
4/5.

Oct 13, 2019 6:57 PM
Feb 2012
everything that happens here is how you can tell when a shounen manga is written by a woman
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

120 by Crowfinger »»
Sep 12, 7:08 AM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2019

50 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 25, 6:09 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

50 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 25, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

83 by mo_lave »»
Jun 22, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

142 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 19, 5:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.