Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Yay or Nay for Multiple Couples in a RomCom?
Mar 25, 2018 7:57 AM

Nov 2007

So here I want to say why I am particularly excited for this RomCom in April!

We have potential multiple couples in this anime outside the main duo!

- Hajime (pervert) and Hinako (modest) are childhood friends. He forced Hinako into joining the photography club!
- Alexandra (beautiful, smart, calm and composed) gets closer to Ijuuin (handsome, idiot, goofs around). Ijuuin also becomes her punching bag based on the PVs!
- Yui (Tada's younger sister) has a thing for Yamashita (youngest member of the photography club). I mean check her character description. They are not even hiding it!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 25, 2018 8:14 AM

Jul 2015
DEATH TO HAREMS AND LOVE TRIANGLES ANIME

LONG LIFE TO MULTIPLE COUPLES ANIME
Mar 26, 2018 2:21 PM

May 2016
I absolutely love multiple couples romcoms like ReLIFE, Nijiiro Days, Tsurezure children, Nozaki-kun and so on...
Hope this anime makes a fine addition to the above list.

Mar 26, 2018 2:58 PM

Nov 2007
AngelofFrost said:
I absolutely love multiple couples romcoms like ReLIFE, Nijiiro Days, Tsurezure children, Nozaki-kun and so on...

I dunno if ReLIFE counts as romcom (never considered it as a comedy). But we also have Toshokan Sensou, Working!!, Blend S, Servant X Service, Hatsukoi Limited and Ultra Maniac.

By multiple couples, I also intended to mean separate potential romance interests. I wish there would be more. Why cannot we have stories like these more often I wonder.
Coronavirus.
Mar 27, 2018 3:03 AM
Dec 2016
tragedydesu said:

HELL YEAAAAAAAAH, CAN'T WAIT
Mar 27, 2018 3:09 AM

Apr 2016
Definitely yay for multiple couples in a romcoms.

Can't wait for this.
Mar 27, 2018 9:10 AM
Apr 2016
'Tis be generic. That said, what is not? Oh well.
Re:formed
Mar 28, 2018 9:25 AM

Jul 2014
Birdman08 said:
tragedydesu said:

HELL YEAAAAAAAAH, CAN'T WAIT

Good taste in this thread.
Mar 28, 2018 1:43 PM

Nov 2007
If I am not mistaken, Bacanno! and Durarara!! fall under the category of multiple couples with separate romance interests. If only Echizen was not so easy to get into misunderstandings, I would include Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge as well.

I wonder if there are any outside these (that avoids love triangles).
Coronavirus.
Apr 1, 2018 9:19 AM

Aug 2015
Hope is not one more Romance anime with a shitty ending,tired of romance anime with crap ending/no closure at all.

anyone got a quick spoiler on the mang...never mind i see this is an original.

Lets hope,lets hope!
Apr 2, 2018 9:56 AM
Apr 2018
excited I hope this will be great!
Apr 2, 2018 3:17 PM

Apr 2009
Hell Yeah i want to watch this anime so bad
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Apr 3, 2018 5:56 PM

Sep 2011
fuck love triangles, i want stories with actual chemistry not banking on a winner and loser dynamic.

Show is off to a promising expectation at least by doing multiple, just hope its not boring.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 3, 2018 7:57 PM

Jul 2017
I hope it's good and entertaining, it's original, basically that's why I'll see it, I hope it does not disappoint me as "Just Because".
ReppiTApr 3, 2018 8:00 PM
~~
Apr 3, 2018 8:18 PM

Nov 2007
JaVzD said:
I hope it's good and entertaining, it's original, basically that's why I'll see it, I hope it does not disappoint me as just because.

This one is a Romantic Comedy. Just Because was a Romance Drama so the only thing that is common is that both are romance but this one will definitely avoid any love triangles/drama. Half of the Production Team behind this one are teaming up again after 4 years since their hit work on Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun which sold over 14K discs. This is why I am very excited for this one!
Coronavirus.
Apr 3, 2018 9:48 PM

May 2017
Guys more the expectation bigger is the disappointment remember that, well anyways I'm excited for this one :-P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2018 2:27 AM

May 2016
tragedydesu said:

YEAH!!!!! I AGREE WITH YOU

Apr 4, 2018 9:28 AM

Apr 2009
I got quickly sold on Teresa so i will watch this for the common good

Apr 4, 2018 3:32 PM
Jul 2018
This looks promising ^^ also, everything is better than 10000 bitches around an ugly simple asshole
Apr 4, 2018 4:35 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I'm okay with love triangles and harems, but considering how there's so many of these in the medium, having a series like this feels more like a breath of fresh air. Tsurezure Children was quite good, so I hope this series as good. It's got Nozaki-kun's staff working on it, so I have some faith in this series.

Anyways, romantic-comedies are more enjoyable (and tend to be better) than romantic dramas.
Apr 4, 2018 9:00 PM
Mar 2014
This season not only tada kun but there is also wotakoi for multiple couple
Apr 4, 2018 9:03 PM

Nov 2007
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Anyways, romantic-comedies are more enjoyable (and tend to be better) than romantic dramas.

Without a shadow of a doubt.

ryomohammad said:
This season not only tada kun but there is also wotakoi for multiple couple

Wotakoi is already a gem with Sugita and Sawashiro voicing my favourite pair from the manga!
Coronavirus.
Apr 4, 2018 10:29 PM
Nov 2016
I do got a feeling that since Teresa is a princess of a small country even though Mitsuyoshi did feel in love w/ her and vice-versa, it would just be a short-lived one and they can't be in a real relationship as everyone knows that arrange marriage is a thing for royalties.
Apr 5, 2018 4:59 AM

Apr 2009
Ho-hum i'm gona like this anime for now

Apr 5, 2018 6:20 AM

Mar 2014
AngelofFrost said:
Does Niji-iro Days count as well?
20 years old! And lost on the internet!
Apr 5, 2018 7:59 AM

Oct 2016
Very fine people all of you in this thread.
Apr 5, 2018 8:36 AM

Aug 2014
Multiple couples? Onward then..

Please be good.
Apr 5, 2018 11:38 AM

Nov 2007
Raiho80 said:
AngelofFrost said:

Of course. Nijiiro Days revolves around four best friends and their separate romance stories. And all of them have quite amusing personalities, including the personalities of their love interests. It's a fun romance story.

Coronavirus.
Apr 5, 2018 8:23 PM

Mar 2014
shanimebib said:
Raiho80 said:

Of course. Nijiiro Days revolves around four best friends and their separate romance stories. And all of them have quite amusing personalities, including the personalities of their love interests. It's a fun romance story.

Ah, my fav pair has to be Keiichi and Nozomi-chan! Both are hilarious! XD
20 years old! And lost on the internet!
Apr 5, 2018 10:53 PM

Dec 2007
FranzTatis said:
I do got a feeling that since Teresa is a princess of a small country even though Mitsuyoshi did feel in love w/ her and vice-versa, it would just be a short-lived one and they can't be in a real relationship as everyone knows that arrange marriage is a thing for royalties.

Not so much anymore. After all one of our princes is marring an actress this year so there's hopw for this couple espically if she isn't the heir which seems likly as she has an older brother in the opening.
Apr 6, 2018 6:47 PM

Sep 2011
FlamingMangos said:
Bad news guys. It’s confirmed that this show will have 12 episodes. That’s extremely worrisome for a show with different couples. Unless, there’s actually a 2nd season. But, they might just focus mainly on the main couple while just giving the others barely enough development.
yeah this killed a ton of my anticipation in addition to the first episode not being that good for me. There simply looks like way too many characters and pairings for 12 episodes especially since it seems like its going to get quite serious.

a talented director who knows pacing can pull it off, first episode doesnt inspire hope but maybe the group dynamic of everyone together can work. But generally episode 1 only left me wondering what cliches they are going to throw in next above all else.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 6, 2018 6:49 PM

Sep 2012
You guys are expecting the wrong things if you think they will focus on everyone’s relationships. The difference between this and Nijiro days is that this is a love story about 1 character. Nijiro days is specially a story about 4 guys and their relationships. Not to mention that it’s confirmed it will only be 12 episodes. The description does not talk about how the story is about multiple different couples.
Apr 6, 2018 7:41 PM
Mar 2017
Fikry-senpai said:
tragedydesu said:

YEAH!!!!! I AGREE WITH YOU
me too. I just finish White Album 2 and they give the shitiest ending ever, i hope this fill up my hole from that anime.
Apr 6, 2018 8:02 PM

Mar 2009
Alexandra likes Ijuuin? Huh? Seems like she really hates him.
Apr 7, 2018 4:50 AM

May 2009
Mormegil said:

She probably falls for him later on but opening makes it clear that she has crush on Teresa's brother since childhood.
Apr 7, 2018 9:09 AM
Jul 2015
AngelofFrost said:

You forgot to mention Gamers!

Also, even though there's not much comedy elements, Just Because too has 2 main pairings for the 2 main cast male characters.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Apr 7, 2018 9:11 AM

Jul 2015
yay, who wouldnt like it , dreams came true
Apr 7, 2018 12:21 PM

Sep 2012
Mormegil said:

Well, not yet. She will once she gets to know him more. This is only from first impression. It’s just those tropes where the character is cold to someone but they eventually fall for them.
Apr 7, 2018 5:11 PM

Dec 2017
Lol this is exactly what this anime isnt going to be.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Apr 7, 2018 7:46 PM

Sep 2011
Botan-Chan45 said:
How so, the opening kind of paints a pretty clear picture of where the series will go and intentionally pairs off pretty much every character both in it and in promo art. In addition to that the series is desperately trying to cop nozaki-kun which also consisted of a bunch of couples.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 7, 2018 8:15 PM

Dec 2017
JizzyHitler said:
Botan-Chan45 said:
How so, the opening kind of paints a pretty clear picture of where the series will go and intentionally pairs off pretty much every character both in it and in promo art. In addition to that the series is desperately trying to cop nozaki-kun which also consisted of a bunch of couples.
You do know an opening can deceive you right? Like I expected x, but got y. You get me. Like Halo 5 advertisement did the same shit and I expected some great halo campaign but got a cod campaign.
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
Apr 7, 2018 8:31 PM

Sep 2011
Botan-Chan45 said:
JizzyHitler said:
You do know an opening can deceive you right? Like I expected x, but got y. You get me. Like Halo 5 advertisement did the same shit and I expected some great halo campaign but got a cod campaign.
Ok? And whats the false equivalency here got to do with halo 5 being a shitty game. Tada-kun is a very by the numbers romcom and it seems pretty hellbent on letting the viewer know whats going to happen.

Also you were a fool to think 5 would be anything but garbage after the shitheap that was halo 4

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 7, 2018 8:37 PM

Dec 2017
JizzyHitler said:
Botan-Chan45 said:
Ok? And whats the false equivalency here got to do with halo 5 being a shitty game. Tada-kun is a very by the numbers romcom and it seems pretty hellbent on letting the viewer know whats going to happen.

Also you were a fool to think 5 would be anything but garbage after the shitheap that was halo 4
I gave them a second chance and thought they would learn. Instead I got a shitty game and learned that Halo will never be great again. Also I meant the multiple couple shit.
Apr 7, 2018 9:39 PM

Sep 2011
Botan-Chan45 said:
JizzyHitler said:

I gave them a second chance and thought they would learn. Instead I got a shitty game and learned that Halo will never be great again. Also I meant the multiple couple shit.
yeah I'm asking what does 343 studios being shit have anything to do with this incredibly by the numbers and heavily telegraphed romance have to do with eachother. There is quite literally not a single thing implying the series isnt going to focus on multiple pairings like every aspect of the show so far has not just implied, borderline outright said.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 8, 2018 5:55 AM

Dec 2017
JizzyHitler said:
Botan-Chan45 said:
yeah I'm asking what does 343 studios being shit have anything to do with this incredibly by the numbers and heavily telegraphed romance have to do with eachother. There is quite literally not a single thing implying the series isnt going to focus on multiple pairings like every aspect of the show so far has not just implied, borderline outright said.
You know what! Yeah I don't care anymore. You win. Time to play some far cry.
Apr 8, 2018 1:01 PM

Sep 2012
bastek66 said:
Mormegil said:

She probably falls for him later on but opening makes it clear that she has crush on Teresa's brother since childhood.

Does it really look obvious? It may be one of the reasons but it can be because she wanted to see her childhood friend, or she really like their relationship (maybe brother or cousin relationship) and wanted to see a royal bond. So, It can be 3 things.
Apr 8, 2018 1:14 PM

Sep 2012
JizzyHitler said:
Botan-Chan45 said:

I think what a lot of people are mistaking this show to be is like Nijiiro Days or Tsurezure Children where the sole focus and story is about different couples and there's different arcs developing their relationship. I don't think Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai is what people expect from those shows. This will focus entirely on the main couple which the story states. The other pairings might only go as far knowing they like the person but with no real development of being actual couples that people are expecting or having any confessions. There won't be huge developments or great conclusions to their relationships because they're not what the story is about. The 12 episodes pretty much supports this.
FlamingMangosApr 8, 2018 1:17 PM
Apr 14, 2018 2:55 AM

Jan 2014
Hope the ships sail surely in the end, not crap like some uncertain relationship between crush
Apr 15, 2018 3:06 AM

Apr 2016
Eureka seven ? Not romcom and I didn't like this show (I hated the "3 MCs") but at least I got THE side characters pairing I wanted, which was the kind of "light in the darkness" for me.

Many side characters pairing happen after the anime serie in the manga or novel endings (Bokura wa inna kawaisou). Having very often a sweat spot for side characters, I love when there are love stories next to the main story.
May 10, 2018 3:13 PM
Mar 2018
If this sticks to the actual slice of life tag then she will not end up with the male MC, slice of life is suppose to be a naturalistic representation of real life and if that is the case a princess who is ALREADY engaged to another royal would never end up not only breaking off that engagement but marrying a guy she hasnt even known more then 6 months, i personal dont mind if the MC get together but that is so unrealistic i wouldnt want a slice of life tag on this anime. Gotta also remember, these are the same ppl behind the original anime Plastic Memories where theMC males love interest the MC female ends up dead in the end, so this company doesnt mind the unhappy endings in their original work.
melton80May 10, 2018 3:29 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

59 by okiimal123 »»
Sep 26, 12:27 AM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

242 by magatetus »»
Jun 14, 8:30 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ReaperCreeper - Aug 8, 2018

77 by Seventy7Far »»
May 25, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 12 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

13 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 30, 4:56 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

12 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 30, 3:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.