Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 10, 2018 7:12 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A lot of focus on Alice again this episode.
As strange as she is, I'm rather curious about her personality and role as it affects the world she's in.

The way the fantasy elements is crafted felt kinda surreal. In particular, the chereography and shots of Alice in that world and her emotions are amplified this episode.
Mar 10, 2018 7:56 AM

Feb 2018
Not much action this time around. I'm sure a lot of people who just want action will cry about it.

So this episode confirms that Last Encore is not a new story, but a true sequel to Extra. Saber talks about her war. Her original Master, presumably Hakunon, and how they lost the final battle against Twice, and everything went to shit. This is 999 years after that.

I really loved this episode. Alice was fleshed out a lot more as a character, I felt so bad for her. That final scene where she sees Hakuno and stops fighting to cry hurt more than anything. They REALLY upped their game for Alice's floor.

A bit of weird characterization for Rin, and some development and characterization for Hakuno. Rin is slowly dropping hints about Dead Face, as if slowly leading Hakuno into something. She feels ominous and almost evil. And she can transform into Lancer, Cu. The fuck.

Hakuno seems to have memories with Alice, he clearly feels sad about her. He still thinks he only has hatred, but wants more. He's becoming similar to his game counterpart in that regard. He was also more open in this episode, talking about his hatred for once. I liked it. Also glad to see they're not overusing Dead Face.
Hate_and_RageMar 10, 2018 8:07 AM
Mar 10, 2018 8:14 AM

Feb 2016
Amazing episode, if not the best
Mar 10, 2018 8:31 AM
Jan 2010
And so the 20 minutes of reused walking animation with two cheap prostitutes continues. Those dog curry backgrounds must be really cheap to make since they paste them in everything.
The rating system here doesn't go low enough for this garbage. The score being below 7 on fucking MAL of all places is quite saying
Mar 10, 2018 11:47 AM
Mar 2014
StardustReverie said:
And so the 20 minutes of reused walking animation with two cheap prostitutes continues. Those dog curry backgrounds must be really cheap to make since they paste them in everything.
The rating system here doesn't go low enough for this garbage. The score being below 7 on fucking MAL of all places is quite saying

lel gotem

Anyway, I thought the episode was just like the others, which was ehhhhhhh. Like I get whats going on with Rin so that will be nice to see soon but the rest of it plays out too much like a villain of the week and its getting annoying since the moment you see a new servant, you already know that they will get defeated by the next episode. I know that the creator himself is putting a lot of work into this but honestly, it still feels lacking and seems to be too focused on Nero and speeding through each area within two episodes.
Mar 10, 2018 2:37 PM

Oct 2010
there were plenty of hidden messages in this ep and this episode is the best so far!
Signature Removed
Mar 10, 2018 2:56 PM
Jan 2018
Masterful episode, can't believe this show is so hated.
Mar 10, 2018 3:24 PM

Jun 2011
LightHunt said:

prob because this serie is not newbie-friendly. Even for those who have seen the main stay night/Zero series. It's pretty clear from this ep and previous ones that you will need to play the extra game to catch the details and stuff in the story.
Mar 10, 2018 4:37 PM

Jun 2015
Christ, that half-transformed, not-fully-monster Alice with that long neck is the stuff of nightmares.

Welp, Saber's stopped beating around the bush and finally actually acknowledged Twice H Pieceman (and her loss to him). And just the general existence of Hakunon, who by Nero's description, is game Hakunon. But there's clearly a male Hakuno (with a different command seal) who went through Alice and Dan's stage, and we've seen Hakunon in the beginning with Saber, so which of them did what?

There are some parts of the Last Encore that are worse than the game, but I think Alice is definitely one of the parts that was done way better (at the cost of most of anything involving Nursery Rhyme herself). Definitely felt a lot more attached to her here than in the game.

Rin is a lancer now. Expect her to job really hard and suffer a lot by the end.

Normally don't agree with anything StardustReverie says, but yeah those walking animations...not great. I get that it's supposed to be intentional repetition, but having more camera angles and animation that's more than 5 frame repetition goes a long way.

EDIT: One more thought now that we have subs.

Hakuno still is filled with the NIKUI, but now he's got Hope in there, too. We're finally starting to see some actual character development. Interested to see where he goes as a character now that he's got an actual reason to fight, vague as the idea of "bringing hope" is.
-Sherou-Mar 13, 2018 4:02 PM

Mar 10, 2018 6:03 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode, very sad, but great. RIP Alice-chan. She only deserved love, but all she's got is pain. Being masuta is suffering.

Mar 10, 2018 6:56 PM

Sep 2015
Its Mam.... i mean Master Mogu Mogu!

Is she Amari all along? if not what happen to Amari who stuck on this floor?

What happen to you? what have they done to you!?

Hakuno use another Command for whatt? why Rin still here?

We can finally see Rin's new form even for just a few moment

Saber talking about the Master from the game.. and they have some good shot of Saber this ep
Into the Internet!
Mar 10, 2018 8:44 PM

Feb 2016
Huh, what the hell is this episode?

Well, Highlight from Nero on this episode = Her butt

What's going on with Rin btw? She got my attention all of a sudden, didn't expect her to use Gae bolg of all things out of nowhere. I know this is all 100% Original, but I'd like to know what is Rin's role in here... That was some Fate/Kaleid there with that Lancer transformation (Install)

This Nursery Rhyme arc was really weird and mindfucking
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 10, 2018 8:49 PM

Feb 2016
Theorder14 said:
LightHunt said:

prob because this serie is not newbie-friendly. Even for those who have seen the main stay night/Zero series. It's pretty clear from this ep and previous ones that you will need to play the extra game to catch the details and stuff in the story.

Not quite, I believe it comes from being 100% Original route and for not following the game plot at all, also the shaft style on it, Its very Shaft (Not just Monogatari anymore since the last 2 episodes featured some Madoka Magika) and not at all fate~ish.

btw, the fights on this anime have been quite disappointing.

Other than that, this show is pretty fine, but not that outstanding. It lacks what makes Fate, Fate

~Blackwall
Mar 10, 2018 10:08 PM

Aug 2016
Rin transforming to Cu was already apparently hinted long ago on the Fate/Extra Blossom Sensei drama cd
http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/3373-Fate-EXTRA-CCC-Spoilers-Thread?p=1735744&viewfull=1#post1735744
Mar 11, 2018 1:22 AM

Oct 2010
HereticHunter said:
Theorder14 said:

Not quite, I believe it comes from being 100% Original route and for not following the game plot at all, also the shaft style on it, Its very Shaft (Not just Monogatari anymore since the last 2 episodes featured some Madoka Magika) and not at all fate~ish.

Other than that, this show is pretty fine, but not that outstanding. It lacks what makes Fate, Fate

Actually if you play fate Visual novel,you will notice that Fate is good not because of the fights...
I think many fans were misguided by Ufotable's high quality battle royale fighting scenes,CGI, special effect and actually think that these are what makes fate,fate.
Signature Removed
Mar 11, 2018 6:09 AM

Feb 2016
groundfish said:
HereticHunter said:

Actually if you play fate Visual novel,you will notice that Fate is good not because of the fights...
I think many fans were misguided by Ufotable's high quality battle royale fighting scenes,CGI, special effect and actually think that these are what makes fate,fate.

I didn't mean fate fights are what makes fate, fate. I just said that Extra's Fight have been quite lacky. Yet a friend of mine told me that Extra's Game isn't full into action that sure explains things.

now, what I meant about not feeling "fate" at all, is the same as why people hated Apocrypha so much, it drives away from what the other fates are (just like the way Kaleid Is) and tried to do something different than just a war between 2 factions. I did like Apocrypha and I'm getting more into Extra's Mistery. It is just hard to get used to randomness and shaft~ish style. Once Extra's Over I'll probably state on a review the same thing I did with Apocrypha
CrimsonWandererMar 11, 2018 9:17 AM
~Blackwall
Mar 11, 2018 7:26 AM

Feb 2015
I really liked this episode and the whole Alice arc.
The visuals, the story, the symbolism, the mistery.
Until now, there was nothing good in this series IMO, everything was pretty meh.
I hope newcomers to extra can enjoy this episode as much as I did.
...until that Gae Bolg shit.
I mean, like... WTF
Mar 11, 2018 8:48 AM
Jan 2018
HereticHunter said:
groundfish said:

I didn't mean fate fights are what makes fate, fate. I just said that Extra's Fight have been quite lacky. Yet a friend of mine told me that Extra's Game isn't full into action that sure explains things.

now, what I meant about not feeling "fate" at all, is the same as why people hated Apocrypha so much, it drives away from what the other fates are (just like the way Kaleid Is) and tried to do something different than just battle royale. I did like Apocrypha and I'm getting more into Extra's Mistery. It is just hard to get used to randomness and shaft~ish style. Once Extra's Over I'll probably state on a review the same thing I did with Apocrypha

You have a huge misunderstanding on what Fate actually is if you think it's a battle royale franchise.
Mar 11, 2018 9:16 AM

Feb 2016
LightHunt said:
HereticHunter said:

now, what I meant about not feeling "fate" at all, is the same as why people hated Apocrypha so much, it drives away from what the other fates are (just like the way Kaleid Is) and tried to do something different than a war between 2 factions. I did like Apocrypha and I'm getting more into Extra's Mistery. It is just hard to get used to randomness and shaft~ish style. Once Extra's Over I'll probably state on a review the same thing I did with Apocrypha

You have a huge misunderstanding on what Fate actually is if you think it's a battle royale franchise.

Did you even read what I said? I said that I didn't mean the fights neither the battle royale part of it. That's why I made an example with Kaleid.

Edit: Yes I edited my comment since I noticed that I made the example wrongly.
~Blackwall
Mar 11, 2018 10:35 AM

Nov 2013
So, Rin is actually a demi-servant. That does explain how she defeated 3 servants back in the first floor.
Mar 11, 2018 10:44 AM

Dec 2008
All flashbacks with Alice are another timeline with different Hakuno (different command seal). Same for Amari and Rin.
Mar 11, 2018 7:00 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode, though very very sad for Alice.

It's clear that some type of life cycle is happening. I've never played Extra but this is my understanding of the plot:

A thousand years ago Hakunon was Nero's master and they lost after reaching the top (ep. 1 beginning). It's possible that Hakuno lost to Hakunon, but the more plausible scenario is that he lost to someone else and by some unfair means. Because a loss to Hakunon probably wouldn't have turned him into a hate-filled being. So for some reason a thousand years later Hakuno was reborn due to his hatred and now gets a second crack. Nero, I presume, would like to battle again at the top.

Annoying thing with Shaft is sometimes they'll kind of explain everything at the end and sometimes not. I'm really hoping this series doesn't play hide the ball to the end.
Mar 12, 2018 5:18 AM

Apr 2012
Shaft delievering the suffering again.. I cried...
Gekidan Inu Curry Designs are so fucking good.. shaft's master screenplay and mindfucking fits so perfect with alice's story arc... worth waiting 6 years to see it again.
As a Fate Fan whos being into the franchise since the very beggining I am really satisfied with this development.
Mar 12, 2018 6:40 AM

Sep 2015
Can someone exlain what Amari really was?

Is not clear for me.

Please.

Mar 12, 2018 6:50 AM

Apr 2012
shiro_kai said:

Is not clear for me.

Please.

NR Was disguised as her in the "timeline" hakuno first met her.
as for the time she was talking to Rin and ranting about her life with hakuno it was a different time and it was the real Amari. In the Original Fate Extra game Amari is really amari and she is the master of berserker. that 'creature' that was holding her when she talked to Rin.
Mar 12, 2018 7:30 AM

Sep 2015
dReams-C said:
shiro_kai said:

Is not clear for me.

Please.

as for the time she was talking to Rin and ranting about her life with hakuno it was a different time and it was the real Amari. In the Original Fate Extra game Amari is really amari and she is the master of berserker. that 'creature' that was holding her when she talked to Rin.

Now I got Amari, but lost the rest XD
thanks for your time and help.

Mar 12, 2018 8:42 AM
Jan 2018
dReams-C said:
shiro_kai said:

Is not clear for me.

Please.

It wasn't Amari servant though, wtf are you talking about ?
Mar 12, 2018 8:42 AM

Aug 2015
This is getting very dark. Rin was beautiful with the Gae Bolg <3.
Mar 12, 2018 12:11 PM
Sep 2016
That was...an episode
Nothing really to discuss..same as the last 2 servants : exposition about...stuff + camera work that's there... cause shaft.....lamely executed/directed fight...dead loli (nursery rhyme nooooo...pfff...because I totally cared about her knowing what was gonna happen :/)
I'm thinking I was a bit too hard on juuni taisen now XD

Oh yeah.. Gae bolg Rin though...nani?...awesome right? (sigh)

Ah.. a 6 though.....about time
I'm calling it on the score going lower...and lower...and loweerrr...and lower

"How low can you go? How low can you go?" lol (save me I have no life)

ThIs anime is passed the point of salvation so rather than feeling bad it turned out this way I'm gonna enjoy watching the trainweck burn lol (even seeing the Japanese fans tear it a new one lol)

(hey..at least those ufotable ones are still good..only studio besides Lerche that seems to give a damn tbh..the cooking one and heaven's feel...and there's some fun shows this season...oh yeah.. grand order...hehe...hehehehe...hihihi)

(dangit Nasu.. Tsukihime?...no..this? Really?...dude)

Aigoo ... Random...random thoughts

Sorry.. Really don't know how to feel about this one anymore
1.1.Six
Mar 12, 2018 12:14 PM
Sep 2016
Jalter said:
This is getting very dark. Rin was beautiful with the Gae Bolg <3.

Ayyye.. I'm saving for you

Please come home :)
1.1.Six
Mar 12, 2018 11:26 PM

Jan 2017
Ummm has anyone found this episode subbed for us retarded, non-Japanese speaking people? Normally its out by now each week subbed, but nothing yet as far as I can see :/

Mar 13, 2018 12:08 AM
Jun 2014
Yea same this anime gets subs so late
Mar 13, 2018 9:33 AM

May 2017
JudoJD said:
- random shitpost-

Trolls like you shouldn't be allowed to post here.
Mar 13, 2018 12:23 PM

Apr 2015
*internal sobbing*

that wasn't a fair episode, not in the least. BRB dead in a corner

Alice arc is the best thing to come out of this, getting some answers and shit
aaaaaaaa

EDIT: CAN I JUST SAY THAT THE WAY SABER TALKED ABOUT THE PREVIOUS HAKUNO WAS REALLY FRUSTRATING BECAUSE SHES LIKE TALKING LIKE ITS A LONG PAST MEMORY AND IT IS BUT LIKE IT IS THAT WAY FOR ME TOO AND ITS LIKE COMPLETELY HITTING ALL THE NOTES AND PROBLEMS I HAD WITH THIS ANIME SO FAR BY CONNECTING THEM TO THE OLD HAKUNO THIS IS A VERY MEAN ANIME I JUST WANT TO SAY THIAT

...wew I needed to get that off my chest. Where was I?
oh yeah
crying like a bitch sobs
EmphaticPikachuMar 13, 2018 12:36 PM
Mar 13, 2018 1:38 PM
Jul 2017
dReams-C said:
shiro_kai said:

Is not clear for me.

Please.

In Fate Extra Berserkers's masters were Rani and Monji Gatou
Mar 13, 2018 3:21 PM
Apr 2014
Rin sure likes being a demi servant, is there anything she can't do?
They sacrificed Cu again, being a lancer sure is suffering. I guess Rani must be a demi servant too?
They turned Alice into some weird monstrosity, because it's not enough suffering for the little girl.
Too bad we saw close to nothing of Nursery Rhyme, also too bad she was disguising herself as Not Tamamo.
Mar 13, 2018 7:53 PM

Mar 2012
dReams-C said:
shiro_kai said:

Is not clear for me.

Please.

Amari doesn't even get a servant in the game. What are you talking about? I think you mistook her for Rani or Monji Gatou (somehow)
Mar 13, 2018 10:32 PM

Jan 2016
SparkleDuck said:
dReams-C said:

Amari doesn't even get a servant in the game. What are you talking about? I think you mistook her for Rani or Monji Gatou (somehow)
Is this gaslighting? Amari is a shaft OC. She wasn't in the games at all.
Mar 14, 2018 12:06 AM

Jul 2017
Vimrind50 said:
Yea same this anime gets subs so late
well... apocrypha got subs late to tho so whatever shouldn't we all be used to it by now?

also god damn ED came in at the perfect time. loved the way they ended this part

also where tf did Rin get Gae Bolg from? FIND OUT IN THE NEXT EPISODE OF DRAGON BALL Z

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Mar 14, 2018 1:48 AM

Apr 2016
Rin and her magical girl transformation.

What next ?
Mar 14, 2018 2:05 AM
Sep 2013
Amazing episode and soundtrack, surprise to see negative comments here while it trended on japanese twitter because people found it amazing, best episode by far in my opinion.
Mar 14, 2018 3:12 AM
Jul 2018
Really loved this episode. SHAFT nailed the creepy moments , exposition was quite clever and challenging. Also, the music fits the mood perfectly. I have to say that it takes a lot of courage to take a franchise and then make an anime that ignores the well known formula. Unlike most people here I love the experimental part. Now I only wish the fights get better. They're not the main point here and it should stay like this, but the animation quality isn't as good as it could be.
Mar 14, 2018 3:26 AM
Apr 2015
Later fate works never ceases to amaze me:

F/SN HF:

Nowadays Fate series: You are demi-servant and you have the power to turn into a demi-servant and... etc. Super modes for everyone!

frenze12Mar 14, 2018 3:30 AM
Mar 14, 2018 4:58 AM

Nov 2016
It was pretty weird,but still the best arc. Goodbye Alice.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 14, 2018 5:01 AM

Sep 2016
Oh. My. God.

That was one hell of an epic episode. It picked up on the mysterious and eery look of the previous episode and built up on it so well I'm compelled to bump the score higher. This is the second show in bumping the score of this week, I can't believe how well Hakuno is as a character!!! His dark persona far outshadows (haha pun) Dense-kun AKA Emiya Shirou in the other more popular Fate. I've never watched a show redeem itself this well (ahem, by that I don't mean it's perfect, I mean it went bad at first but improved later on). I can't wait for the next episode!!!

P.S: If the show goes at this route and focus, I'm 100% sure this might cross UBW for me, Fate Zero? Uhh no. Fate Zero is my favorite Fate series anime so I can't expect Last Encore to surpass it but still, crossing UBW will be a great feat in my eyes. ;)
Mar 14, 2018 5:48 AM

Dec 2015
Nice butt nero XD,
So rin can transform into dog cu , remind me of install from illya.
Mar 14, 2018 6:05 AM
Jul 2016
How come Rin revives after the time loop but Hakuno doesn't get his command spell back?

Oh and that Rin transformation literally came out of nowhere.

ZBlastHistory said:

Hakuno use another Command for what? Why Rin still here?

Apparently he powered up Saber to help her beat monster Alice.
Mar 14, 2018 6:34 AM

Oct 2014
I came for the Emperor
I saw the Emperor
I c*m of the Emperor
Mar 14, 2018 7:29 AM

Oct 2017
Can anybody explain me where the hell Amari gone? She has died of giving up or being killed by Alice? I'm confused right now...
Mar 14, 2018 7:36 AM

Feb 2013
[Sad loli noises] , that killed me.
Poor Alice, she suffered too much.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

120 by Remlz_77 »»
Aug 27, 12:14 AM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by TheSelleri »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.