Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 19, 2018 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, this episode is building up more for the general enemies of this series.
I'm not too keen on the interest of the storytelling yet.

Some of the characters still has my curiousity though. Eren also introduced herself and really feels like an antithesis of Hiyori. Speaking of which, Hiyori turns out to be quite a decent cook.

We're also getting more info about her mother too. I'm guessing this show will flesh out her character more and more.
Jan 19, 2018 5:41 AM

Apr 2010
The conspiracy is unfolding and it seems they obtained a new ally.
But the question of wether they will keep on the run or wether they will solve whatever is happening.
For now it seems they found a couple of ally and people who are willing to hide them but the enemy seems to be increasing their activity as well.
Jan 19, 2018 7:35 AM

Apr 2016
Another dumb episode of this garbage-tier promotional anime for another gacha game, filled with fetishes whenever you look.

Every season i'm left speechless to see how incredibly low standards for entertainment Nippon has. Is this all they wat ?
Jan 19, 2018 7:35 AM

Jul 2014
Fighting against a corrupt leader is a good plot that I'd like to watch, but the details are so terrible I can't keep watching.
Jan 19, 2018 7:48 AM

Dec 2014
Boy do the fights look bad..
Jan 19, 2018 9:17 AM

Jun 2015
Yikes, the sword fights are not that good. Looks like they have two new allies. Sayaka is pretty strong.
Jan 19, 2018 10:03 AM
Jan 2014
great ep, great show. loving these sword autists.
Jan 19, 2018 11:07 AM

Jul 2016
I'd love to know what's these people's idea of a "good" swordfight in anime, sometimes..

Either way, good stuff. Looking forward to next episode.
Jan 19, 2018 11:38 AM

Oct 2010

Every week, "pink sadistic girl is going to be a problem." Wonder how long to find out how bad.

Does trying to tell everyone entail being "crushed" more than not telling anyone? Wouldn't they be more likely to get slightly less crushed? Right now everyone is divided into two camps, one being "You need to suffer" and the other being "Well you probably didn't actually do that, maybe, whatever, I don't actually care if you did." Unless the fear is that Not Satsuki will target anyone who knows what she is. I guess that could be an excuse.

I like this show though :P
Jan 19, 2018 1:26 PM

Sep 2013
Looks like an organization is ready to help them, they must know about origami.
Kanami has some inner spirit which she trains with, that explains why she's so good, Mai getting interrogated and doubted.
Nice fight with Sayaka too, quick and clean like a sword fight is supposed to be.

Swagernator said:
filled with fetishes whenever you look.

Name them, I hope you don't mention that it has girls since it's a gender and not a fetish.
ichii_1Jan 19, 2018 1:37 PM
Jan 19, 2018 1:30 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
With Mai's report i guess the suspicion of Kanami and Hiyori being spies will be lessened somewhat. If the elite guard got involved then i think the chase will be a short one. So it seems Yukina wants her school to be in charge of Yukari's safety rather than the royal guard. So the note was from their president huh. Nice to see they still have allies though. Can't fault Hiyori for being cautious i guess. Hmm Nene had quite the thought there huh. Cleaning up after yourselves is the least you can do after all. The fight between Hiyori/Kanami and Sayaka was brief but pretty interesting. Kanami is determined to not kill any of the Torii that are looking for them hug how admirable. Looks like they may get Sayaka as an ally though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2018 3:31 PM

Dec 2016
What an annoying character that Yukina is, all throughout this episode.

That pet, It went straight after her chest, what a perverted little critter.

Oh wow, what a messy place that is, beer & rubbish everywhere lol.

Sayaka was possessed by her sword or something like that, either way it made her really strong for that brief fight.
Jan 19, 2018 3:54 PM

Jan 2012
Well disarming Sayaka proved to be an easy task. Those glowing red eyes she had though...was she in a trance or something? And they were interruted just as the plot was gonna start moving too. Seems like the head they're after Yukari really is just an aradama in disguise and not just being controlled. I dunno, I'm still gonna be iffy on that for awhile. For a bit there I thought she might have been Hiyori's deceased mother or older sister or something but that seems increasingly unlikely. Still love Mai the most, though Ellen's big tits are certainly appealing to me. XD Seems the preview shows the girls might be clashing with her soon, but like Sayaka the op/ed already foreshadow an alliance. Honestly I just want all six girls to join forces already.
Jan 19, 2018 3:55 PM

Jun 2012
aaaaaaaaaand it is at this point, that I am officially only following this show for Iowa... I mean Ellen.

Jan 19, 2018 4:37 PM

Jun 2017
I've never been one for sword fights or any kind of fights in general, so I'm not an expert but I like the sword fights in this anime. Nothing is really turning me off about them, but that's just me.

I definitely want to watch the next episode. The characters grow on me more and more. It seems like next episode Kanami and Hiyori might have a confrontation with Kaoru and Eren with the latter two I'm most interested in knowing about their personalities. I wonder what role Sayaka will take after being disarmed.
Jan 19, 2018 5:13 PM

Jun 2017
World building seems to be progressing well. I hope we get longer fights as the show goes on. We need more Mashiko and Ellen. I wonder how they will end up joining the group but if they get sent after the main duo like Sayaka there won't be a fight and they will probably instantly join them for the lulz.
Jan 19, 2018 6:19 PM
Jan 2017
Apparently, the aradama controlling Yukari and the Sword Administration was only briefly seen by Kanami and Hiyori, making their quest even harder than it already is. I liked how the series addressed why can't our two protagonists simply warn the authorities that their leader is being controlled by an otherwordly demon. Who are they gonna believe: the heir of a respected dynasty or two fugitives? Also, Yukari's assistant shapes up to be an antagonist, what with her weird obsession to keep Yukari safe and bossing her elite guard around. Given how the episode ends, it's likely Sayaka will join the heroines in their adventure.
Jan 19, 2018 6:44 PM

Jul 2016
This show keeps getting worse each episode. More and more unexplained events keep happening. At least the episode seems to be stirring up a lot more about their little rebellion. Some of their secret weapons, aka, topped ranked people, seem to have more to them and be part of the whole conspiracy; the way that girl pulled her sword on Mai brought me to this conclusion.

Jan 19, 2018 10:33 PM

May 2014
I will not rate rhis anime yet nor drop it coz its still early to judge and its interesting I like anime that there are swordfight I will just continue to watch this and judge it how the plot will move
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2018 1:41 AM

Dec 2015
I can't tell if I dislike it or like it. Script feels super rough, scenes don't follow well into each other, and the use of CGI is weak, but I still come back for more. Like the anime is bad, but surpisingly enjoyable.

Jan 20, 2018 2:28 AM

Nov 2016
Ace_Card said:
I can't tell if I dislike it or like it. Script feels super rough, scenes don't follow well into each other, and the use of CGI is weak, but I still come back for more. Like the anime is bad, but surpisingly enjoyable.

I agree. There are definitely a ton of problems with this anime. My biggest issue right now is that the world building is awful. Very little about the girls' powers, monsters, organization, or society in general have been established, yet the show is pressing on as if the audience is suppose to already know these things without being told or shown. Whenever a new ability or power is revealed (like the sword being pulled out of the nether world) and someone acts shocked, it has no impact because what is normal in this world hasn't been established. Besides all that, the characters are a bit cliche.

And yet I already know I'm going to watch this whole thing. I'm not entirely sure why I'm enjoying it. It's silly, but oddly entertaining. I guess sometimes you just need a "junk food" anime, something with no substance that you can enjoy just for the sake of enjoyment. I don't think there's anything wrong with enjoying some junk food every once in a while, just so long as you don't overindulge.
Jan 20, 2018 2:37 AM

Jan 2011
Hmm, I don't know why people give it bad score. I really like it though.
Jan 20, 2018 4:37 AM
Oct 2010
I really like how they use some real-life techniques in the sword fight. Also, how the fight ended quickly like how it supposed to be in real-life. Definitely watching this and not sure how this gets such a low score.

Then again, many judges a show before it even air.
Jan 20, 2018 5:33 AM
Jun 2012
Jacob_Chimera said:

I agree. There are definitely a ton of problems with this anime. My biggest issue right now is that the world building is awful. Very little about the girls' powers, monsters, organization, or society in general have been established, yet the show is pressing on as if the audience is suppose to already know these things without being told or shown. Whenever a new ability or power is revealed (like the sword being pulled out of the nether world) and someone acts shocked, it has no impact because what is normal in this world hasn't been established. Besides all that, the characters are a bit cliche.

What? Those world building info has been out for sometimes.

So yes, we are supposed to know the basic terms at least.

ichii_1 said:

Name them, I hope you don't mention that it has girls since it's a gender and not a fetish.

It's quite funny to see that kind of comment since the episode in question just skips two whole showers scene.
noireoJan 20, 2018 6:13 AM
Jan 20, 2018 5:44 AM

Jan 2015
chanmyse said:

same, its so interesting and sweet, love it a lot unlike this one hater @AobaSuzukaze >_>
Jan 20, 2018 7:05 AM

Nov 2015
Nice, Kanami nice MC.
Jan 20, 2018 11:57 AM

Jul 2016
Hirugiku said:
chanmyse said:

same, its so interesting and sweet, love it a lot unlike this one hater @AobaSuzukaze >_>

I actually cannot believe I'm the one person who clicked disliked. I'd expect a few more and some I hated it considering it's score.

Jan 20, 2018 3:44 PM

Jun 2013
the fights are so bad damn it
Jan 20, 2018 8:26 PM
Jan 2018
Well, for a gacha game anime, it's pretty much useless to expect much in actions or world building. IMO the fight is acceptable though. At least it is not artillery showdown like most magic-reliant fight.

I watch this show to see how the triangle between Kaname, Mai, and Hiyori solved. How will Hiyori accept Kaname as her comrade (or maybe more than comrade)? How well will Kaname and Hiyori character develop?

For now, the character development still meet my expectation. Btw it will be hard for anyone who can't enjoy anime for its character development and yuri subtext to enjoy this one
Jan 20, 2018 8:43 PM

Jan 2014
"I put all my time into creating the fastest technique."
*15 minutes later*
"Omg, this girl is so fast."

Lol what. I can't.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 21, 2018 1:01 AM

Nov 2015
She is Chidori. Kanami's weapon. She speaks to her in a dream. (Maybe..)
Jan 21, 2018 1:35 AM

Jun 2016
This is 2-cour? I hope this anime will not about chasing after Kanami and Hitori all the fucking time. It was an okay episode and glad someone's there helping them.

I'm so confused most of the time in this anime and the animation is a turn off, but I hope I'll get used to it soon.

3/5.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 21, 2018 6:57 AM

May 2014
This is a tough one. It sucks so much, but it is actually somewhat enjoyable. I am still frustrated about the misleading name, though. DON'T FUCKING CALL IT Toji no Miko without showing any fucking Miko.

[I do know that 12 minutes into the first ep, there was a moment with a Miko, but that's barely anything.]

This was quite bad, to be honest, but the ending makes me wonder if this really is bad or boring enough to drop.
Jan 21, 2018 9:35 AM
Mar 2012
lol Kanami has some dream imaginary friend to spar with.
Mai's in such a tough spot, trying not to betray anyone.
The cat mouse chase arranged by Minoseki school interesting plot. Now their hideout is busted, there's some "fineman" group who seems to know Hiyori's secret.
Lots of characters & nothing clear yet, but mc's gaining supporters now.
Action is weird with good choreography of specific moves & proper timing but using lackluster animation.
Jan 21, 2018 5:07 PM

Oct 2014
It has 24 episodes and pacing is so fast.
Seriously people, chill please.
If this is really an advert to a game, then let us fall in love with the characters we will play with first, please :(
Jan 21, 2018 9:48 PM

Jun 2017
I can understand when someone doesn't like an anime and expresses disappointment in it, however; I'm kind of baffled about the responses expressing it's a bad anime yet that its still enjoyable. If it's enjoyable shouldn't that make it a "good" anime? I mean, I'd imagine any good anime would want their audience to enjoy it.

I'm not sure where this "it's bad" comes from. Maybe some people are getting too caught into the little technical details, or maybe some people are trying to compare it to some older anime classic using that as the set standard, or maybe some people are just echoing what others are saying so as not to stand out. I don't think it's wrong to say something is good if it's enjoyable to you, though I'd appreciate hearing a more in-depth explanation that goes beyond the scope of "it's bad" since the term seems to be contagious with no signs of it's origin.
Jan 21, 2018 11:38 PM

Oct 2008
Looks like our MC Kanami is a little too overpowered already huh...
4/5.

Jan 22, 2018 4:13 AM
Oct 2010
StopShot said:
I can understand when someone doesn't like an anime and expresses disappointment in it, however; I'm kind of baffled about the responses expressing it's a bad anime yet that its still enjoyable. If it's enjoyable shouldn't that make it a "good" anime? I mean, I'd imagine any good anime would want their audience to enjoy it.

I'm not sure where this "it's bad" comes from. Maybe some people are getting too caught into the little technical details, or maybe some people are trying to compare it to some older anime classic using that as the set standard, or maybe some people are just echoing what others are saying so as not to stand out. I don't think it's wrong to say something is good if it's enjoyable to you, though I'd appreciate hearing a more in-depth explanation that goes beyond the scope of "it's bad" since the term seems to be contagious with no signs of it's origin.

Yeah, I'd like to hear some explanation as well.

Personally, I found this to be more enjoyable than I would've thought. I hesitated but this series breaks my expectation so far. It is a 24 episode series so I wouldn't be surprised that it takes awhile for them to fully develop the world and explain things. Do note that, subtitle audience might have a harder time to grasp things as they don't/cant translate certain things, such as "utsushi" and other terms. Another reason why certain things are not explained is probably things of cultural aspects. Some things may be obvious to Japanese/Asians, may be unknown to others. Hence the name "Toji no Miko"

Regardless, I've been looking forward to the next episode of this series more than others this season. The battle scene style is quite refreshing and enjoyable. Real sword fight doesn't last 20 episode ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2018 5:55 PM
Jun 2012
Izumi_Yuki said:

It is a 24 episode series so I wouldn't be surprised that it takes awhile for them to fully develop the world and explain things.

Regardless, I've been looking forward to the next episode of this series more than others this season. The battle scene style is quite refreshing and enjoyable. Real sword fight doesn't last 20 episode ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Actually there are enough world building for this already, there are some basic information about 5 schools, the areas they are guarding, basic abilities of Toji (5 btw, Myougan and Toukaku are not in the anime yet), basic character profiles along with the Okatanas and the sword styles they use , etc. Though I doubt majority of viewers even know or care about this series being a part of multimedia project to search for those information.

But most importantly I agree with the last part, it was quite refreshing.

noireoJan 22, 2018 7:36 PM
Jan 22, 2018 7:48 PM
Jan 2010
There's currently an attempt to inform watchers of Toji no Miko about the setting and, well, pretty much everything you have to know. It will also cover the manga, the game (when it releases), and any supplementary media.

http://toji-no-miko.wikia.com

Read up, set aside your expectations, and enjoy the show.
Jan 23, 2018 10:33 AM

Jun 2016
The world building really sucks in this anime. Lots of things are happening, but nothing is being shown to us as the viewer. And yet...I really like this and want to know what happens next. It's definitely not the best show this season and there's tons of problems, but like others have said it's fun.

I also like that they mentioned that the baths were free and didn't show any of the girls in the bath. It's a minor thing, but a huge plus for me.

Hopefully we get more world building, but other than that I'm enjoying this.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Jan 24, 2018 8:32 AM

Mar 2009
While I'll agree that it is kind of all over the place, I also like the mystery of it all. I like how they are slowly giving you little bits of info/foreshadowing here and there. I also think the fights are done well with the realistic styles of fighting. And to me the CG is pretty decent, especially during the sword fights. Yes the ardamana or whatever look pretty bad. The two MCs are good and most of the supporting cast. Mai is a little annoying but she is serving her purpose. I liked Nene as well, hope she's in it more. Excited to see more of the allys. I wasn't expecting to like this show, but it has already become one the most anticipated of the season.
Feb 1, 2018 4:19 PM

Mar 2009
Ehh. This show's not holding my attention in the slightest, even though I do like the girl with the giant sword. I'd continue to watch for the hell of it, but no way can I deal with 24 episodes. Can't say I understand why this was given 24 episodes in the first place. Dropped.
Feb 25, 2018 8:09 AM
Feb 2009
Zelev said:
*15 minutes later*

Lol what. I can't.

Well, seems this "girl" is supposed to be a secret weapon and not a "prototype" like the "elite gard".

Also, considering the two MC are pretty powerful, it would not make senses to send someone who is not really strong to fight 1 vs 2.

If you want to point to something which really does not make any sense... well, just sending one person to fight two person when they are supposed to be a full organisation does not make sense.

*How convenient*
Feb 25, 2018 8:46 AM

Jan 2014
Rukodaime said:
Zelev said:
*15 minutes later*

Lol what. I can't.

Well, seems this "girl" is supposed to be a secret weapon and not a "prototype" like the "elite gard".

Also, considering the two MC are pretty powerful, it would not make senses to send someone who is not really strong to fight 1 vs 2.

If you want to point to something which really does not make any sense... well, just sending one person to fight two person when they are supposed to be a full organisation does not make sense.

*How convenient*

Eh, I stopped watching this show some time ago.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Feb 26, 2018 12:12 PM

Jul 2009
The girls were found quickly. Kanami is really good to solve things.
Apr 20, 2018 11:46 PM

Jul 2016
This episode is a lot better than the first two.
Nov 14, 2018 12:33 AM

Dec 2012
We start off with best girl.
Ellen in that outfit. Dat under oppai.
Nene is my spirit aradama. Cultured AF looking at Mai oppai.
Rui is 28.
Dat shitty CG.
Kanami won.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 23, 2019 11:24 AM

Sep 2012
seems that heroines teacher knows about that and is part of rebellion vs them
May 28, 2019 7:10 AM

Jun 2011
this is way too disappointing.. it's like everyone is some kind of benevolent figure who wont probe and just take in fugitives, like come the hell on you're helping "criminals" without asking much, how do you expect that to be believable.

then there's our brown haired protagonist who's apparently very kind hearted and extremely talented, basically someone we all aspire to be, ideally. She's so talented she can just snatch away swords in the middle of the fight from her opponent, like "whoosh, wham, bham" and the sword's gone from her opponent's hand lol, it looks good in slow-mo but make no sense ultimately how she's able to do that. And she gotta give a friendship speech after the fight.. come on it couldn't be more cliche than that..

at this point i am more interested in Ellen's trip than the actual story. This is so frustrating because I wanted to follow the story but the brown haired girl (Etou) is turning me off, she's such a saint and so talented it's pissing me off just looking at her. The action is kinda nice in this series but again, when you have a protagonist that you know will have no trouble beating the others then there's nothing to look forward to.

sigh what a wasted potential.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2018

43 by nhkam »»
Jul 13, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

25 by Foreall908 »»
Dec 8, 2023 12:32 PM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11, 2018

27 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 28, 2023 12:16 AM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

17 by IAMQT »»
Oct 21, 2022 12:06 PM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 21 Discussion

Rob - Dec 29, 2018

2 by I-yas-yes »»
Jul 29, 2022 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.