Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 30, 2017 5:53 PM

Nov 2014
Not really a fan of branching anime with generic protagonists, the first arc fell apart in the end, the second arc was middle of the road but I enjoyed the third arc a lot more, this series was above average 6/10 while this episode was probably the best of the season 4/5
Forum Signature
Mar 31, 2017 8:38 AM

Apr 2014
So this is another anime that ended with a kiss huh?
Well, I guess It's a good way to end it.
Anyway, I'll rate this anime a 7 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Apr 1, 2017 12:57 PM

May 2014
It was great :D A heck lot of references to Amagami this episode. Enjoyable anime overall.

I liked Hikari a lot but Kyouko's arc is certainly the best. I guess there are high chances a second season will come thinking that there are 6 girls in the opening. But I suppose the sellings are all that matter ._.

One thing that I consider Seiren did better than Amagami... besides being more entertaining in general... is connecting the events. In Amagami you have the feeling that everything that happened in different arcs are completely erased while in Seiren those things did happen just slightly different. I really liked this aspect.
Apr 1, 2017 11:05 PM

Aug 2013
So this ended up turning out alright.

Tsuneki had the best kiss scene by far, but definitely the most lackluster ending.

Miyamae I think had the best route overall. Seemed to be the most complex character. Still tried to pull the "idk if we should change our relationship" bullshit at the end there especially with the "oh I let Miyamae get her studies in card", but they had a good kiss scene and the ending with their kid was good. She became a teacher and him...a fucking bus driver for the lulz.

Kyoko's route was fairly well balanced. The arc was rather bland and uneventful. A lot of unnecessary pussy-footing for the beginning (as opposed to the others where I happened in the later half). The kiss was generic, but the confession was straight to the point unlike the other 2. "I love you" - "I love you too" "Go out with me", boom kiss. No "oh I need to live my life" bullshit. Ending scene with the kid was good too, though that haircut did not suit Kyoko well at all.

Tsuneki and Miyamae definitely had the best fanservice, though idk between the two of them who had better.

I wouldn't mind a season 2 with a few extra characters routes. That weird goth disciplinary committee leader could be one route, and underdog totally best girl and completely underutilized god tier waifu Makoto Kamizaki could be another. Dat body and dem lips doh. Maybe Tomoe if they wanted to do the "not really incest" route like in Amagami, or Shiori the girl who's Tomoe's friend and makes the costumes.
Apr 4, 2017 11:40 AM

May 2016
He get out from friendzone 3 times in 2 months and im sitting here watching anime and can't get a girlfriend :/
I need second season full of Hikari !!!
Apr 7, 2017 5:10 AM

Jun 2012
absolute garbage

2/10
Apr 11, 2017 7:55 PM

May 2014
Tomo's personality ----> 10/10
Best episode and best arc IMO... I hope they make a remake for Hikari's arc though, she's still my best girl.

Although some episodes were meh, the ending was great. Hoping for a continuation with the other girls

7.7/10 overall
Apr 13, 2017 8:05 PM
Jan 2017
Filnal muito legal!

embora que meu arco favorito e a da garota gamer mais esse ultimo foi muito bom tambem.
E mais um episodio!
Apr 15, 2017 9:22 PM

Jul 2010
Favorite arc was the first one -- IMO, she was the most unique character with the best motivations (she wasn't cookie-cutter cute girl, she had some complicated thoughts and emotions). I think she should have been the second girl introduced, rather than the first. Since her arc took place at the cram school retreat thing rather than at school like the other two girls, it would have been a refreshing change of pace. The other two were kinda generic.

Overall, I enjoyed. Animation was nice, characters were more well-rounded than I thought they'd be, even if they were somewhat inconsistent. I also loved how the girls had cameos in the other girls' arcs. Really cute and nicely arranged. 5/10.
Apr 16, 2017 7:58 PM

May 2012
While in general I quite liked the three different routes taken in this anime, with three different and quite lovely outcomes, it was still rather weak in my opinion.

In general the pacing was the worst of this whole series, the characters and progression was decent, but with a rather slow to bad pacing and average setting it didn't leave too much impact.

So all in all a pretty fine anime.
May 2, 2017 8:57 AM

Jun 2011
This last arc is kinda cute, I like how Ikuo inspired the protagonist to be more of a man and go after the girl he likes. Sadly, the rest of the series wasn't as good..

I liked Amagami SS a long time ago, it was refreshing, but recently I've been more into having a more solid relationship between the couple, instead of jumping from one girl to another. (quality > quantity). The series did the romance horribly, what it did was to introduce the girls as sexually attractive as possible, which I really hated. The entire purpose was to show off the girls so people would buy their merchandise or game, it's somewhat like One Room, which was also terrible.

This is my first romance show in a while, really disappointed I picked this to try to get back into the romance genre which has been losing my interest for a while now.. I guess I'll be taking a break from modern romance for a while..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 3, 2017 4:44 PM

Jan 2013
ToG25thBaam said:

I liked Amagami SS a long time ago, it was refreshing, but recently I've been more into having a more solid relationship between the couple, instead of jumping from one girl to another. (quality > quantity)

But it's not like the main characters in Amagami and Seiren are jumping from one girl to another, these are alternative stories: each next girl's story starts with a set-back to the beginning and makes the character interested in another girl without ever trying romantic relationship with any of the others. For example, in the arc where the protagonist in Seiren gets together with Kyoko, the events of the other arc where he was interested in Hikari, never happened. Same with Amagami: where he got together with Rihoko, he never liked or got close to Haruka; or the other way around: in the story where he likes Haruka he was never interested in Rihoko, while in the arc where he gets together with Ai he never tried anything with either Haruka or Rihoko, and so on. That's why I like the omnibus format such series are formed in: that way, every fan can choose their favorite outcomes and watch the protagonist getting together with the girl they want him to be with, without hating any other girl and / or their fans, because the other heroines have their own arcs. I mean, there is no harem-like competition and no friend-zoned broken hearts after the protagonist chooses a girl, since each one has her happy ending in a separate arc, neither of which is "canon" or maybe they can all be "canon" in a certain interpretation, depending on each fan's personal preferences.
May 3, 2017 4:52 PM

Jun 2011
Hobgoblin2013 said:
But it's not like the main characters in Amagami and Seiren are jumping from one girl to another, these are alternative stories: each next girl's story starts with a set-back to the beginning and makes the character interested in another girl without ever trying romantic relationship with any of the others. For example, in the arc where the protagonist in Seiren gets together with Kyoko, the events of the other arc where he was interested in Hikari, never happened. Same with Amagami: where he got together with Rihoko, he never liked or got close to Haruka; or the other way around: in the story where he likes Haruka he was never interested in Rihoko, while in the arc where he gets together with Ai he never tried anything with either Haruka or Rihoko, and so on. That's why I like the omnibus format such series are formed in: that way, every fan can choose their favorite outcomes and watch the protagonist getting together with the girl they want him to be with, without hating any other girl and / or their fans, because the other heroines have their own arcs. I mean, there is no harem-like competition and no friend-zoned broken hearts after the protagonist chooses a girl, since each one has her happy ending in a separate arc, neither of which is "canon" or maybe they can all be "canon" in a certain interpretation, depending on each fan's personal preferences.
By "jumping from one girl to another", I didn't mean the MC, but the story. I know it's basically an alternative timeline where everything is reset to default and the MC is pursuing another "route". I don't mind this format, but with only one cour for the anime, and there's 3 girls where they needed to fit into the series, there's bound to be lacking in the development of their relationship, which would barely be explored.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 20, 2017 11:04 PM

Mar 2015
So this was the more cliche-romantic conclusion between the three. I liked them all enough, hard to choose just one huh!

7/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 11, 2017 4:44 PM

Jun 2013
The series had a potential but it just didn't work out. One thing I didn't like about the character was that the heroines more or less look the same with little variation. But the humor was nice and so were some of the character like Araki and Ikuo.

Most of the time I ended up feeling bad for Shoichi because none of the girls were as serious about him as he was about them. Even the romance wasn't anything deep or emotional rather it seemed vague and superficial. Apart from Shoichi's persistence to be with the heroine there isn't much going on. But Kyoko's arc wasn't that bad since she genuinely reciprocated his feelings at the end.

6/10
Jul 18, 2017 4:45 AM

Jun 2017
For me Seiren is a 10/10 and a 9/10
Sep 13, 2017 10:10 AM

Jul 2013
This is by far the best arc of the series (who is not saying much, but at least was closer to the ones of Amagami), and it was a good way to end the series. Miyamae is best girl, but Kyoko has the best arc. Well, you can't be perfect anyway.

About the series itself, it was okay. Comparissons with Amagami aside, it was lacking, like, there was a thing who prevented the series from being more interesting or engaging. I don't know if it was due Shouichi's uninteresting character, for the execution or the pacing, but it wasn't very exciting to watch, except for some moments from time to time, normally those involving Arita, Tsuneki and Ikuo. There was also the first arc, who was a total letdown, and a very bad move to end the very first arc of the series.
On the other hand, the next two arcs were a bit enjoyable, especially this third one, so not everything has been that bad. And, again, there were some moments where I genuinely laughed (like the awkward obssession of the show with deers).

Respecting the characters, there is not much to say about Shouichi, since he is pretty boring, so, going straight to the girls:

-Tsuneki was funny and definetely pretty, but, as a consequence of her arc, she lost points to my eyes (both due her lack of chemistry with Shouichi and due how it seemed more that she was toying with his feelings rather than loving him genuinely), and it seems the staff realized their mistake so late that they tried to fix this by cramming her in the other two routes with some role as a kind of apology (while Miyamae and Kyoko have very small appearences in her arc), something who didn't happened in Amagami at all. They should had gave her a satisfying conclusion instead of the fuck up they made at the end. At the end, while amusing, she ended as a lesser version of Haruka Morishima in my eyes.

-Miyamae was my best girl, since, for me, she has the whole package; beautiful, cute, kind, nerdy, a bit tomboyish, relatively older... I couldn't ask for someone better (inside Seiren, of course). I liked her arc too, and her relationship with Shouichi felt more natural than Tsuneki's one, so I don't have any complaint respecting her.

-Kyoko was the most developed of the trio and her arc was the best, so she ends in a second place in the ranking. I don't have a soft spot for childhood friends, but is good to see that one of them managed to win this time (even if it was for elimination, but something is something).

The supporting cast of the series was pretty cool. I think I liked the most of them, from Ikuo, to Arita (who, for me, it's the Seiren version of Umehara), to Tsuneki's friends, Shouichi's sister, Miyamae's brother and the recycled tea club senpais". If anything, I'm sad the teacher didn't received more screentime, but, well.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a second season, if anything, just to see how the routes of the other heroines (the chick from the All-Girl School, the chairwoman of the public morals committee and her kouhai of the same committee) would be. Only time will tell.

As a successor of Amagami, is not up to par, but was enjoyable nonethelles despite it's mistakes.
Nov 9, 2017 7:20 PM

Jan 2012
That wasn't that bad at all considering how many people hated the show

Tooru is best girl
Hikari is best deer
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Nov 22, 2017 12:53 PM

Sep 2012
that ending was also nice like the last one

this arc 10/10
Dec 23, 2017 10:25 AM
Jan 2013
2Dculture said:
Still no news for 2nd cour.. I'm a bit sad coz I was really looking forward to Ruise..

+1

You always want to see the ice wall break down on the discipline committee president. ;-)
Mar 15, 2018 11:22 AM

Jul 2016
"You're not going after Hikari?"

He damn well should.
Oct 31, 2018 10:41 AM
Mar 2018
I really hoped that it will continue as it was so simple and cute...
Jan 20, 2019 5:05 AM

Apr 2013
Didn't expect this to be worse than Amagami somehow. The protagonist was equally bad, but the girls were less interesting somehow. Though Tsuneki was fun to watch, if the whole season would've been about her I might've given this at least a 5/10. But as it is I can't give it more than 3/10.
Feb 2, 2019 8:25 PM

Jun 2012
That was weird as fuck seeing Shoichi holding Kyouko like that on the rooftop with the knitted boxers on.

Tohru was the best girl and her ending theme was awesome.This was nowhere near as good as amagami but it was ok. Hope we see a sequel or more arcs someday.
Jun 17, 2019 7:59 AM
Dec 2009
If Seiren had started this way there might've been a better chance for a second season. This arc felt the most Amagami-like. The ending to Tsuneki's arc was fine, but it turned off a lot of people.

Tsuneki arc - 6/10
Tooru arc - 7/10
Kyouko arc - 8/10

Overall, a 7/10. This anime isn't as bad as I previously thought, I wish Ruise had her arc though. Not really expecting much because from what I heard an abysmal bd sales.
Malloween Candies (2023):
6 main candies
Nov 24, 2019 12:32 AM
Oct 2012
Not a bad end for Kyouko's arc, but to be honest Tsuneki Hikari completely overshadowed the other two due to her unique and outgoing personality. This might be a biased opinion, but I didn't really enjoy the other two arcs after I finished eps 4 of Seiren.
Jan 2, 2020 4:33 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Very good end to this very good arc, maybe my favorite idk between the second and the third.
Anyway the first arc was meh/ok but the two others were very good so 7/10 for Seiren
Mar 26, 2020 9:54 AM
Feb 2020
Janethan23 said:
Those who haven't seen Amagami-SS please do so and make it a must. You'll see how that series is completely superior to Seiren. You'll also see how much the bar and standard was raised for the omnibus format because of Amagami.

I second this, please do so
Mar 26, 2020 9:55 AM
Feb 2020
Gator said:
Didn't expect this to be worse than Amagami somehow. The protagonist was equally bad, but the girls were less interesting somehow. Though Tsuneki was fun to watch, if the whole season would've been about her I might've given this at least a 5/10. But as it is I can't give it more than 3/10.

Junichi was more entertaining to watch to be honest
Apr 13, 2020 11:43 PM

Dec 2009
This last route ruined what was left of Seiren's little potential in redeeming itself it had to end decent.
While the additional on-screen time of other female characters was interesting, it doesn't matter to care for a superior wishful visual novel to improve and fix Seiren due to the terrible writing of dumb plots and useless perverted attachment of Shouichi in the routes, especially with Kyouko.

In the end, none of the characters are charming to respect because of the terrible choice of writing in how they behave.
Very disappointing and useless addition to the Amagami universe.
May 17, 2020 1:54 PM

Oct 2013
Damn... while this anime had many weak moments, this arc was simply dull and painful to watch. :( I didn't like the show in general. The concept of showing multiple paths of one story sounds interesting, but I didn't find it entertaining enough. I think the best arc was the first one.
Jul 3, 2020 4:32 AM

Apr 2009
It's not a bad show for me. A bit disappointed maybe I just expected an Amagami / Kimi Kiss level type of show. Those are pure good romance show.

7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2020 10:56 PM

Feb 2019
This final arc was cute and singlehandedly bumped it from the 6 I was going to give to a 7!

As always, the chemistry between Shoichi and Kyoko was cute and somewhat lewd. That whole scene on the rooftop was nice, especially the ending. A sucker for good endings with a kiss with fireworks in the background. And the 10 years later part was also really nice. It seems Shoichi's become a manga editor.

I think out of all three arcs, this was the most well-rounded. As for the girl, I still really like Tsuneki and I liked how she had an important role in all three arcs. But the story and ending made it feel unsatisfying, and the relationship wasn't developed enough in my opinion. I think this Kyoko arc had the best overall quality, and in no small part due to the relationship between Shoichi and Kyoko. I felt that the weakest one was Toru's, and that slightly odd timeskip ending. Whereas we left with Tsuneki not even having had a relationship with Shoichi and just getting a hint of what was to come, we saw this one to its end and it was a wholesome, childhood-friend ending.

Would've loved to see more Kyoko honestly, and of course more Tsuneki.

7/10.
Aug 28, 2020 1:00 AM
Apr 2019
I can't believe that childhood friend was his lover, didn't as i expected
Aug 22, 2021 11:54 PM
Aug 2021
Tokoya said:
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, the finale was cute. A local festival of fun although without kimono.

Kyouko and Kamita had some lewd cute chemistry when they were eating imo. I think the show overall...was fine. My favorite arc was the gamer girl while this final arc felt so-so.

Dat kiss~
I'm gonna need a S2/continuation of Tsuneki's route

fr man.. you know since i finished this anime, i'm feeling like i've lost something which was related to me in some way..
i'm really feeling empty and kind of depressed cuz of this..
i really liked the chemistry between kamita and hikari but all of a sudden when they took a 5 yrs gap, everything changed and idk what kamita was upto.. he literally went after 3 girls one by one.. i mean.. i guess he should've went after with hikari only..
the anime could've got much more rating if they didn't had put 3 stories all together in one anime season..
May 22, 2022 3:26 PM

Mar 2019
That was a nice ending when they kissed with the OST playing in the background showing everyone. Everything was ending in a nice way until, again, they hit us with the "10 years later" part.

Her arc was alright but the worst out of the 3 for me with Tooru being the first. It was an alright series but definitely not as good as Amagami SS, no girl was able to reach Haruka and Tsukasa's level.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 28, 2022 12:04 PM

Aug 2018
So Shouichi became producer of manga artists, it seems?.. Something like that?..
Overall, I think that I liked Kyouko and Tooru more than Hikari personally.. But her route was funny, so it's all good.. Tooru's last episode in her route was the best in her arc.. And Kyouko is someone I liked right from start of her route, but also hero had to go through things, he had to work through them, so that everything worked out.. Was unnerving.. Overall - nice anime, it was so easy to watch that I'm surprised how it was so feeling light.. Was also nice to get back 2 girls from Amagami as well.. They're lots of fun too.. ;P
Oct 14, 2022 6:10 AM
Oct 2021
a little confusing but loved the story and the girls are hottie
Dec 26, 2022 3:05 PM
Dec 2021
great anime. Tsuneki is best by a large amount.
Jul 2, 2023 9:11 AM

Nov 2010
02:23 I want to screw Tsuneki's ass so hard while she's in that outfit!

I got a boner when Kyouko suddenly sat in between Shouichi's legs. I could imagine how nice she smelled. She's oozing with pheromones. If I were the MC, I would grab her chest and pussy from behind while kissing and licking the nape of her neck, then screw her from behind hentai style!

Kyouko's route wasn't interesting compared to the others, but she has the best confession scene IMO. The way they confessed to each other, the OST that played along with the fireworks in the background, was a nice touch. It's too bad she cut off her hair ten years later. I don't understand why women do that. They look older with that hairstyle.
Sep 12, 2023 9:04 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2020:

May 28, 8:55 AM

Jul 2023
A decent ending with some funny moments too. Whilst I don't think she is as great as the previous two, she seems to be compatible with him the most. She had a so so but decently executed arc.

So Miyamae and Tsuneki are too good for him even though I like them better. Also, he is just forgettable.
Jun 5, 10:26 AM
Mar 2020
It's been a couple of years since I last wrote about this anime.

Gotta be honest, the viewers and the rating did this anime dirty.

Sure, Tsuneki's arc is the worst in terms of ending and she's the "Image" girl of this series (As well as she's also fan favorite) but the viewers are insanely overreacting by actually dropping the series after that arc.
They're the reason why we didn't get 2nd cour or any games, the producers are definitely TERRIFIED that this series would actually fail financially if they continue.

We 100% lost of what could be an amazing sequel, Tsuneki's arc is fixable if they make this into a game.

Oh well, the 3 other girls definitely will live inside my head and I might as well write my own story regarding them, it's sad because the ponytail girl is actually gonna be interesting because that would be the first time that this series handling romance where the pair are in different schools, Sanjou and Kamizaki are also far more interesting than the current 3 tbh with Kamizaki ofc potentially gonna bridge this series with Amagami and more lore will happen.

(Also, after all this years, still so many people didn't understand the omnibus format, goddamn how much IQs they have)

Final arc rating:

Tsuneki: 2/10
Miyamae: 7/10
Touno: 8/10

RIP omnibus format anime, my favorite format.
Sep 15, 4:04 AM
Dec 2022
The finale of Shoichi and Kyoko arc. Finally Shoichi managed to muster enough courage to tell Kyoko how he feels. They both bonded over oden amidst the fireworks display. Fast forward and 10 years later, we have the couple together as married couple with a daughter over the Christmas period. The girl wants oden for dinner and this brings back memories for both.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

57 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

64 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

99 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

131 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

85 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 14, 11:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.