Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 12, 2017 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty chill episode. Compared to some of the others, I didn't feel much of the eerie thrills of the mystery until they showed a glimpse of the cubes making some unusual movements. Given the follow up of the plot, the method to make Wam is released to the world.

Also feels like there's some mind games between Shindou and Yaha-kui zaShunina. I do find their relationship to be getting more complex though given their present circumstances.
May 12, 2017 7:08 AM

Nov 2010
For now, it would be wise to deal with Wam as a mere MacGuffin (plot device) and don't take the mechanism and the recipe seriously. But it seems we should be prepared for dealing with much more plot holes with the development of the show. If it amounts too much, the show will be ruined.
Anyway... Tsukai was cute again.
May 12, 2017 7:35 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was a really good idea Shindo came up with for how they could move Kado more efficiently lol good job man

Other than that, Shindo's mom is kinda hot lol and oh boy.....Yaha just took things over 9000 with this reveal about humanity not needing to even sleep anymore because of the Wam

Even though I should have guessed that making the Wam wouldn't have been anywhere near as simple as it looks, when people do crack the code on how to make it, this no sleep thing will be the least of all of the new possibilities I bet
May 12, 2017 7:39 AM

May 2016
So we get a confirmation that Shindo was especially affected by the anisotropic. zaShunina was a bit creepier in this episode, I wonder how Shindo will react to not needing sleep.
May 12, 2017 7:55 AM

Dec 2014
I like how they started the ep showing how not everyone is able to create Wam right away. So the trick that the mad scientist talked about last ep was that you need to understand the anisotropic on a basic lvl.
Would be cool to not need to sleep anymore ~7h less wasted doing nothing in the bed.
As for the rest it was a rather boring episode this week. Didn't find the Kado move particularly interesting.
I wonder if after sleep they won't need to eat, drink, work etc anymore.
AnathorMay 12, 2017 8:09 AM
May 12, 2017 8:09 AM

Jun 2015
Now everyone is trying to make their Wam. Some people can do it better than others. Shindo was more affected by the anisotropic. He came up a good plan to move Kado. Got to see his mother. She's very pretty. Yaha-kui zaShunina next step for humanity is jaw-dropping. Not able to sleep anymore is very interesting.
May 12, 2017 8:20 AM

May 2010
starting to have my doubts about Yaha's intents after that ending. great episode !
May 12, 2017 8:23 AM

Jul 2015
Next episode is a recap? Noooooooooooooooooo

I like how zaShunina is finally showing his creepy side. No sleep? I don't really know how I'd feel about that. On the other hand I'd have 1/3 more time, but it's hard to imagine not resting every now and then. Even bugs and machines need their break time sometimes.
May 12, 2017 8:34 AM

Jul 2008
So after infinite energy comes the removal of the need to sleeP? Whoaaaaah

Human society will change even more!

May 12, 2017 8:55 AM
Apr 2017
I think one of the best parts of this anime is how realistically it handles things. Kado moving took up an entire episode. Does seem like a bit of a waste since there are only 12 episodes in total, but it's rare to see an anime that takes itself so seriously. The reveal at the end is mindblowing. The preview for the next episode is kind of odd. Still excited so far though.
May 12, 2017 9:12 AM

Dec 2008
Humanity will no longer need to sleep? Hmm... I don't think that's such a good idea.
Does zaShunina really want to help humanity or play it like a game of Chess for his own amusement? I'm really starting to wonder.
May 12, 2017 9:18 AM

Apr 2015
With infinite power and no need to sleep, you'll get to work 24hrs a day, everyday, until the day you die, unless he plans to make humans immortal as well. You should be happy to have such a productive lifestyle. ;p
Omae wa mou bakuhatsu desu!
May 12, 2017 9:35 AM

May 2010
Hannah_Ana said:
Humanity will no longer need to sleep? Hmm... I don't think that's such a good idea.
Does zaShunina really want to help humanity or play it like a game of Chess for his own amusement? I'm really starting to wonder.

or maybe he needs his slaves to be working 24/7 in the future.
May 12, 2017 9:42 AM
Apr 2016
He is going to push them to the point where the "advancemtnt" would be equal to "not being human". Sleep is a crucial part of existence of humanity iin both as biological and non-biological meaning. Through changin fundamental characteristics, he wants them to find the answer whether they want to be humans or not anymore. And there is only one correct answer.
Re:formed
May 12, 2017 9:53 AM

Sep 2015
This has gone a little overkill. Yaha's main intention is for Humanity to advance, which is why he goes for technology first. Then the second "question" from Yaha should be social surrounding(shaping person thoughts and ideas) or human health(live longer, less or no disease/cancer and such). He is not trying to improve the human health at all, but totally change a "whole" human physic. Does this even consider "Humanity Advancement" anymore?

Anyway Wam power spread slowly good in progress and gives time to change, lesser casualty. If a sudden techno-advance will only cause revolution, which can create more casualties.

Its sounds like Yaha wanted the human to speed up its own destruction, because unlimited wam+never sleep=???
valvravetruthMay 12, 2017 9:59 AM
May 12, 2017 10:06 AM

Aug 2013
A nice episode overall. Nothing much happened. It was weird how Yaha took out Shindou's brain like it was nothing.

First Yaha bought infinite energy and now humans will not have to sleep. (sleeping is the best part of my life though) Humanity is going to change fast.

May 12, 2017 10:30 AM

Jul 2015
Another fascinating episode, like, c'mon, this anime made moving a cube from a place to another something super interesting.

Well, looks like Shindou doesn't need to sleep, and Yaha-kui zaShunina plans to do the same for everyone, I wonder how would life change with this, especially thinking about the working schedule (panic)
May 12, 2017 11:05 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The cube moving gave me goosebumps, fucking well done scene.

No sleep? I'm not sure if that's a good idea.
May 12, 2017 11:31 AM

Sep 2013
Moving Kado by rolling it's tips across the road :)
The next question is granting humanity the need to not sleep.
May 12, 2017 11:33 AM
Aug 2013
Only now I'm noticing that Tsukai has a ring, so she's engaged? There goes the best girl. Well Natsume is cool too so whatever.
May 12, 2017 11:46 AM

Dec 2014
Rodielx said:
Only now I'm noticing that Tsukai has a ring, so she's engaged? There goes the best girl. Well Natsume is cool too so whatever.

The ring is on the right hand, so probably a keepsake. It was fishy how they highlighted it tho.
May 12, 2017 11:50 AM

Feb 2014
So Wam making requires a kid's curiosity? So many tried and failed.
Rodielx said:

Damn dreams are crushed T T
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 12, 2017 12:05 PM

Dec 2015
Just imagine a huge 2km cube moving around like that, it would be a pretty amazing sight tbh. Now they have a beautiful view of the city.

You can't just take something that good out of our needs zaShunina my man, sleep is great, though sometimes it IS annoying that we have to sleep. I'm curious for what's next.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 12, 2017 12:09 PM

Aug 2013
Wam intensifies and works 24/7(?)
May 12, 2017 12:22 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Daniel_Naumov said:
He is going to push them to the point where the "advancemtnt" would be equal to "not being human". Sleep is a crucial part of existence of humanity iin both as biological and non-biological meaning. Through changin fundamental characteristics, he wants them to find the answer whether they want to be humans or not anymore. And there is only one correct answer.

I think you're on to something here. Giving us limitless energy is one thing, sleep is quite another. IT's an essential part of our biology itself. Not having it changes everything about ourselves and how we relate to one another and our environment. I wonder how many changes he will introduce before people start saying stop.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 12, 2017 12:49 PM
Jan 2017
One of the things I like about this show is the real, honest opinions the characters give about alien life. zaShunina's work to elevate humanity has never been met without skepticism or resistence, but the eerie comments he gives about humanity never needing to sleep again puts his motivations and his entire character into doubt.
May 12, 2017 12:53 PM
May 2016
Talk about a need for sleep ... does anyone else here feel like this show is just about super slow explanations of make believe things without anything actually *happening*? No one behaves like a normal person would in the face of meeting an alien and having weird alien tech on earth; they just seem to be like "sure, okay." And then comes the next episode when nothing happens again. There better be a whole lot more action fast for this to tell an interesting story in six more episodes, because it ain't happening yet. IMO.
May 12, 2017 1:09 PM

Jul 2015
They wasted half of the episode moving Kado. It wasn't necessary.

It is an easy plot twist to guess. Shindo is no longer human. Not needing to sleep and his connection with the anisotropic is just the beginning.

Shindo is probably a demo product that zaShunina will offer.

May 12, 2017 1:49 PM

Jun 2013
whoa this is getting more good and there's really no point in not sleeping shit we won't be human anymore
May 12, 2017 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty much badass and craziness anime I have ever seen in the whole decade!! I mean the sentence really took away my word!! It was another coolest idea to advance humanity! What a idea!! I never thought that way haha :D I can't stop smiling!

btw that means that alien wants to make an energiless world? Sounds Cool for those Otakus or lazy guys :P

The best thing we can say positive about this anime by default, is that they perfectly depicted alien's concept and how it will affect us if they come.
Howver somehow watching this anime so far making me a confirmed belief that there is somewhere alien in the universe!!

BTW, the next episode is recap already? I already expecting a recap but I thought at least they could extend episode from 12 -> 50 :(
removed-userMay 12, 2017 2:02 PM
May 12, 2017 2:46 PM
Jan 2013
No need to sleep? Da fak? I don't think if that is such a good idea. There's a lot of disadvantage of having no sleep. Sleeping is our only indicator that we get tired and to have a personal space. And even more. Like seriously, you being so tired but can't sleep. Or you can't stop working because you don't need to rest afterall. That's too much, too much work. Employers will gonna abuse u even if there's a limit, 300 yrs later maybe, people will forgot that humans before does have a time to rest because all they do is work. But honestly it could also boost human and technology development.. But still, I'm not welcoming of having that idea, IF IT BECAME TRUE IN REAL LIFE... lol Zashunina is Creepy this time. He's not helpinf the humanity but rather killing the humanity. Our organs needs to rest.
ANIME>Disney
May 12, 2017 4:04 PM
Jan 2011
Maybe it's just me but I was a bit irk by the Japanese exceptionalism theme. I would be annoyed if it was any other nation as well. I suppose its just a coincidence that the new location is near a theme park? And no sleep is a bad idea. People needs a sense of time fragmenting...
KanameFujiwaraMay 12, 2017 4:16 PM
May 12, 2017 5:07 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty good episode, I had chills when that huge cube was moving.

But the real question now is how far would they let him to change humanity beyond recognition.
I wonder how many protests there will be.
May 12, 2017 5:13 PM

May 2010
I thought it's going to be a rest episode entirely while people are figuring out how to make Wam, then zaShu dropped the fact that Shindo hasn't been sleeping. This show is so good at making cliffhangers, I swear.
Moving Kado by its edge was a great idea.
The thing he drew out of Kado this time is creepy.
May 12, 2017 8:22 PM

Feb 2014
Pretty nothing much happen in this episode. Hanamori's expression is priceless though:
May 12, 2017 8:25 PM

Feb 2009
As Shindo's mother questioned (whether the alien got lonely being alone all the time), maybe zaShunina needs 'companion' or is trying to turn humanity into 'ideal being' like himself.

Also after the episode I have this strange feeling...
If zaShunina ever managed to succeed in convincing humanity to forsake sleep and rest, what if one day he fr*cking proposed...

"EMOTIONS ARE NO LONGER NECESSARY FOR HUMANITY, they bring prejudice, delay, ineffective work progress, from now on humans will only need logic and reasons"

We are F*CKED
May 12, 2017 8:53 PM

Jun 2014
Dont really see the point in making a big deal about having to move Kado, and the restrictions zashunia put on it (cant shrink, fly, disappear). Whatever. But DAMN think of all the air being displaced to roll a 2km x 2km x 2km cube; they definitely understated the wind.

So he wants to advance humanity, not only by giving unlimited energy resources, but also eliminating the need for sleep. That was actually a surprise. I wonder how far these "advancements" will go.
May 12, 2017 9:41 PM

Jan 2011
Pretty obvious that was how it was gonna move.
May 12, 2017 10:36 PM

Feb 2016
Hmmm... I really don't know about this episode. This advancement is another element of the show that sounds nice but in practice feels like another "more harm than good". We need limitations. It's not just a human thing but also a living organism deal. We're made to be kept in check because there are only so many resources to use. Not sleeping would definitely increase the intake of food and water to give us the energy needed to be awake 24/7. Who knows what kind of psychological strain that would cause. That's just skimming the surface.

I was enjoying this show at first but now it feels like they're throwing these "solutions" out there without exploring how truly problematic they can be.
May 12, 2017 10:50 PM

Feb 2008
So he teaches humanity on how to make Wam, and now tells humanity won't have to sleep anymore.
Hm... kinda wonder if the whole purpose of this, isn't for us to just build wam after wam definitely.
May 12, 2017 11:02 PM

Feb 2016
Kayro said:
So he teaches humanity on how to make Wam, and now tells humanity won't have to sleep anymore.
Hm... kinda wonder if the whole purpose of this, isn't for us to just build wam after wam definitely.

That's it, we're cheap labor. After no sleep he'll give us the ability to communicate like him. That way he can make a call center where we talk with the people of his home world and assist them with any WAM IT problems.
May 12, 2017 11:30 PM

Jan 2011
Damn that end. The creepy part is how zaShunina changing Shindo but hiding it/ not discussing it beforehand ... thats kinda "cheating"? Arent human who have to decide themselves? He said that before right? I thought zaShunina would keep his word, but nah he looks like a bit full of himself in the end of episode, and thats so damn scary.

Except Shindo still could back to normal if he doesnt want that "no sleep feature" .. but we dont know.
May 13, 2017 12:22 AM

Jan 2013
Fascinating stage two. Getting rid of sleep.
May 13, 2017 1:15 AM

Jun 2016
Not quite the direction I was hoping it would head to, but that was still a pretty good episode. For a relatively tame episode, that had some breathtaking visuals. The sheer immensity of Kado is portrayed amazingly well.

May 13, 2017 2:00 AM

Aug 2008
Infinite and easily obtainable power source. The necessity of sleeping being removed. Hmmmm.

That would increase the amount of a human's conscious actives by 25-30%. There's many ramifications with that, I wonder where they'll take it.

Anyway, I see what is Yaha's end game... Making humanity transcend and join his kind. If it wasn't obvious before, it's glaringly so right now.
May 13, 2017 2:28 AM

Jul 2013
Although it was a bit disappointing to see that the main point in this episode was moving Kado from point A to point B, I liked it nonetheless. It had to happen at some point, considering the main airport was being blocked.

Regarding the "no sleep" proposition from Yahakui, I understand why he would suggest such a thing, however, this doesn't mean I'm not opposed to it.
From the beginning his desire was to advance humanity one step at a time. After giving them a technological means to do so, now comes a biological factor and I can imagine what will follow will be a spiritual one. The anisotropic, as we have seen, has the ability to create various material forms, from a full body for Yahakui to bread, as well as transferring the organic data of the passengers. I imagine it's similar to 3D printing with stem cells, but it goes beyond it by using mere molecules. This being said, it's obvious that it will be of medical use.
The sole reason all beings in possession of a brain require sleep is because the triggering of withholding processes in a number of core regions in the cerebrum, which work either in the forefront or in the background while we are awake, allows the subconscious processing of memories and the restructuring of neuroconnection. This sieve for memories makes it possible for new memories to form and be remembered in the following day, as well as some of those recorded to be stored. In addition, sleep heightens the activity of the immune system and regeneration, in other words, it helps repair the body overall.
Since we're talking about the brain, there could be an alternative where Kado is capable of supporting high metabolic activity that does not hamper neurons or even allows the regeneration of neurons - something impossible for us. But wouldn't this mean that all brains would have to be stored in Kado? Even if that were and the brain was taken care of well, the rest of the body certainly wouldn't handle something so extreme.

Thus far, I was very excited and clapped at the story, but now it's going down a very dangerous road. It's one thing to give society infinite energy and argue with them about the philosophy and moral behind it, but it's another when you try to meddle with the fundamental workings of a living being. While it can't be denied that there could be positives, there's also no denying that the negatives can be far more. This is the reason why scientists that create GMOs have literally spent their entire lives refining the process again and again to the point where the end product would in no way be harmful to humans and would not have the ability to become harmful, yet they still aren't done working, because the mindset of people is still that of strong denial and they have to place the now finished product - plants that can literally feed the entire planet - into a working social system. Considering how difficult the entire process is, the chance of this story tripping over itself at this point is high. I only hope this isn't going to become a cliché "you have the potential to become perfect, so I'll make you perfect" story where humans would have to lose their emotions and so on. In addition, I also hope that there will be no villain in the story, only different points of view, which is what the premise has so far promised.
ShadowwolfcatMay 13, 2017 2:35 AM
May 13, 2017 3:00 AM

Jul 2012
I'm getting a bad vibe from his smile at the end...
よろしく!
May 13, 2017 3:58 AM

Feb 2013
I am even more curious of what zashunina's real goal is now...
MyAnimeList』 『』 『MyMangaList
May 13, 2017 6:57 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Goddamnit looking at the preview, seems like its a recap next episode .-.
May 13, 2017 8:20 AM

Feb 2016
You know, sleeping is humanity's greatest pleasure, including food and sex.

But today's episode is about geometry. Lol.

I wonder if zaShunina even has a concept of limitations. Bruh not all are for good for "advancement".
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

226 by StarryNight157 »»
Jan 7, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

91 by nick_el_son »»
May 2, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

156 by koneroko »»
Dec 15, 2022 7:14 AM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2017

71 by koneroko »»
Dec 15, 2022 4:19 AM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

102 by HumbertoZero »»
Jul 29, 2022 5:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.