Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 3, 2017 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think this episode was alright.

We got everyone trying to brainstorm ideas for their project. I find it amusing that there's that guy playing music alone in peace. Nice to see Koharu keeping the spirit high.

May 3, 2017 9:42 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

Love how the team spent time to understand Manoyama's wood carving culture.
Kazushi-san is too much of a man, respect for him working on a carving for a dead client and continuing the work of his master.

I liked Tatsuo's shoes as well. :3

Sandal getting into that cop car was hilarious. XD
Loved Yoshi's little pep talk to Sanae. <3

That drawing that Sandal drew was pretty cool, it's a pretty long way off but I'm glad to see the girls take their first step, also glad to see Sanae back.
Time to decorate that station like no one's ever seen.
May 3, 2017 9:46 AM

Jun 2015
It's nice to see everyone learning more about wood carving. They want to put it to good use. The sandals Tatsuo made are pretty. It's good to see Sanae back. The drawing Sandal made was gorgeous. Looking forward to see how the station will look like.
May 3, 2017 9:52 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Very informative episode about wood carving and I liked that all of our girls were to learn so much from it that they managed to successfully get their plan off the ground with this first step

Also I liked how we got that Sakurada/Sagrada name drop in this lol xD Good episode overall, and I'm really happy that Sanae got her groove back and that she was able to find common ground with that one dude
May 3, 2017 9:56 AM

Jan 2015
And that's the explanation about why Kazushi become that strict when it comes to Ranma. At least now Sanae know about it clearly and look for another way to contribute for the team by first convincing Kazushi to give permission to the team for using the Ranma.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 3, 2017 10:00 AM

Jun 2014
Great episode! Really loving this anime and how the story is shaping up into something really cool. Based P.A. Works. The scene at the end when tourists come in and admire the ranma was fantastic.
:3
May 3, 2017 10:12 AM

Aug 2013
"It's Sagrada not Sakurada" lol and I'm just going to watch Sakurada/Sagrada Reset.

Overall it was a good episode. Glad Sanae came back.

May 3, 2017 10:27 AM

Mar 2017
at least we know about this Sakurada and Sagrada now lol.
2B or not 2B?
May 3, 2017 10:48 AM

Dec 2014
Build a whole church with carved wood, wtf Yoshino...I like your thinking.
Also did the waitress casually ship Sanae with whatshisface-kun?! She is too good for someone I can't even remember the name of.
AnathorMay 3, 2017 11:01 AM
May 3, 2017 11:49 AM

Feb 2015
Nice episode. Glad that Sanae is done being useless. Really love the Sandal guy, he's so awesome.
May 3, 2017 11:49 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i always get thrown off when the next ep PV dude says an english word in an American accent lol
May 3, 2017 11:50 AM

Jun 2015
This reminds me of my business writing course: hard to get together and frustrating. At least they went somewhere this episode. Best of luck for us all.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 3, 2017 12:08 PM

Mar 2016
hi guys!! just stopped in to say that riri-chan is best girl
May 3, 2017 12:13 PM
Aug 2014
Anathor said:

Also did the waitress casually ship Sanae with whatshisface-kun?! She is too good for someone I can't even remember the name of.

I thought exactly the same. Also the waitress is a fortune teller, so that ship might happen. I think that dude, I mean Tatsuo-san is a good match for Sanae, come on! he did gorgeous shoes and helped her get back on track.
May 3, 2017 12:29 PM

Dec 2014
dm106 said:
Anathor said:

I thought exactly the same. Also the waitress is a fortune teller, so that ship might happen. I think that dude, I mean Tatsuo-san is a good match for Sanae, come on! he did gorgeous shoes and helped her get back on track.

Well the other apprentice did help her too, albeit indirectly. I'd prefer that ship, if I were to choose.
May 3, 2017 12:53 PM

May 2015
This was honestly a fantastic episode. I just can't get enough of this show. This is shaping up to be something really good.

They came up with great ideas and I can't wait to see it all come into reality. They just took their first big steps! Also glad that Sandal-san was involved more. We need more Sandal-san really XD.

May 3, 2017 1:26 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Sandal being a key to saving the town. His art is pretty damn incredible.

Using the art of sculpturing and ranma to revive the town seems like a long-term project to me, 100 years to finish seems reasonable to me. I wonder how we will get to see the progression.

Sanae without lipstick is beautiful.
May 3, 2017 1:54 PM
Aug 2014
Anathor said:
dm106 said:

Well the other apprentice did help her too, albeit indirectly. I'd prefer that ship, if I were to choose.

Yeah I know. I prefer Tatsuo though, since always the nice guys are the ones to lose..
May 3, 2017 1:58 PM

Sep 2013
The 100 year renovation is pretty cool, using the sculptures for the station is nice.
Sanae gets her groove back and yoshino a cute.
May 3, 2017 2:10 PM

Feb 2014
Sandal might be a slightly weird character, but his colourful art gave Yoshino's team the inspiration they needed to make some much needed progress on their project.

I doubt their plan will take 100 years to complete, unlike the Sagrada Familia, but they gave a goal they want to hit and with the Ranma carving Kazushi worked on was put to good use as something that tourists to the town will first see after coming off the train. A good start for the project then. =)

Overall, it's nice to see Sanae finally regain her motivation to help out Yoshino and the others with her expertise and she also got some praise from Kazushi as well.
May 3, 2017 3:12 PM

May 2010
Koharu x Bus driver has been my ship for a while now.

I am starting to ship Sanae x dat Kansai guy. And I believe it's a good match. Idek how he's not worthy of her (unless you are comparing appearances. even then he's not bad-looking)

God is this gonna span over 100 years now. Are we in for some serious feels? or wut. I am terrified.
May 3, 2017 4:36 PM

Dec 2016
Who else though Sandal was getting arrested?

What actually happened was pretty funny though.

Very glad the Sanae is back with them and helping out again.

Hooray, we got a good ending, a lot of positive things happened in this episode, it looks like the hard work our queen and her friends are putting is paying off.
May 3, 2017 5:44 PM

Oct 2013
Really good episode. Finally the girls are making some headway.

The carved shoes was a nice idea on behalf of what's his face. Carved shoes, etc, seem likely to be a hit with female tourists.

Sandal turning out to be some edgy artist was cool. I thought maybe he was being picked up for an immigration offense and he would be deported!

Using the ranma to decorate the station was brilliant. Sanae is back for the win.

May 3, 2017 8:33 PM

Aug 2014
So Sandal-san is the original creator of Sakura Quest. Does this make SQ a documentary? Is Sandal-san stalking the girls??
Sieg Zeon!
May 3, 2017 9:25 PM

Aug 2016
EcchiLordMamster said:
i always get thrown off when the next ep PV dude says an english word in an American accent lol

Yeah, I await Sandal-san's sweet accent every week lol.

Great episode, for some reason this anime always hits me with some feels, so weird. Really liked the integration fo their project, I hope they succeed.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

May 3, 2017 10:49 PM

Apr 2016
IIRC it was around this point in Shirabako as well where the series started to take off.

Characters are getting fleshed out nicely; and the chemistry and storytelling have ramped up a notch. Love the subtle humour that PA Works keeps pumping into their shows. Them be trolling us with the Alexandre S.D. Celibidache in the opening credits. Lol.
May 4, 2017 12:26 AM

Aug 2015
This was the best episode so far. A brief background on Sandals-san and I like how his true name was revealed laughed so hard when he was arrested hitchhiked.

Angelica-san knows how to read the mood.
May 4, 2017 3:07 AM

Apr 2015
Sanae is really hawt. Glad she is back in the project!

100 years is kinda long tho.
May 4, 2017 5:51 AM

May 2016
That was reference to Sakurada Reset ? I know that people often do not distinguish those two animes
May 4, 2017 7:56 AM

Mar 2013
Damn, I really love Sanae! <3
She was beautiful w/o her lipstick.
I don't want to ship her with someone. She's too good for them! haha

And I liked the episode. Things are finally moving forward.

Sadal guy is awesome. His art was really good. Easily my favorite character in this anime
May 4, 2017 9:00 AM

Feb 2012
Damn this shit is so good to watch after a blah day. I really like how P.A Works always make something different.
May 4, 2017 2:34 PM

Mar 2016
yay best girl Sanae is back. Really good episode. Ah if this finished in 100 years, I'd imagine it'd indeed make the next generations happy.
Btw we need a trade mark for Shiori who is adorable and great too. That "No worries" . She's very considerate lol
May 4, 2017 3:39 PM

Apr 2010
Seems someone didn't know the difference between Vivaldi and Gaudi, guess Italians and Spaniards won't be happy to hear that.
Anyway Yoshino's new idea seems to have some effect even tho most of it was a bit exaggerated.
One can always have dreams.
May 4, 2017 6:43 PM

Jun 2015
Just wondering why the rating is too low, I thought it'll be the same as Shirobako :D
May 5, 2017 2:57 AM

Apr 2014
I like how they're focusing on wood carving and giving it a new breath.
May 5, 2017 7:20 AM

Dec 2012
S0rahana said:
Just wondering why the rating is too low, I thought it'll be the same as Shirobako :D

Sakura Quest is probably one of the most mature shows this season with full adult cast. MAL community loves only shounen action harem shit.
May 5, 2017 10:33 AM

Mar 2016
One of the slower episodes but the characters make up for the slow pacing. I really like that they worked together to get a result everyone is excited about! I can't wait to see how they follow up on their ideas in the next episode
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 5, 2017 5:15 PM

Oct 2012
An okay episode but not great. Really, this anime is inferior in almost everything when compared to Shirobako, sometimes it feels as mere rehash of that show, just with less interesting topic.
It's not bad either but very average. And way too mundane in a sense.

Putting the wooden sculpture to train station felt like a nice idea but in the end they achieved nothing, surely that wouldn't be enough to raise the city's renown as those sculptures are pretty often in Japan. Another work of art that would serve as dust gatherer in few months.

May 5, 2017 9:17 PM
Apr 2017
really nice episode.

loved that casual shipping of the waitress with tatsuo and sanae. hahaha (tho im not sure if im gonna ship them yet)

SANDAL-SAN IS SO WEIRDLY CUTE. HAHAHAHA i really thought he was caught by the police. and his drawing is really prrettyyyyyy

ranmas are beautiful
May 5, 2017 9:24 PM
Apr 2017
Sandal-san doing the preview. i searched for his voice actor and i think he's not japanese so he can speak the english titles fluently. well...
May 6, 2017 2:14 AM

Mar 2016
How did we end up talking about Sanae's love triangle???

Also...
EcchiLordMamster said:
Me too, bro

TragicRomance said:
I'm.... not sure. Call me oversensitive, but they look like they're at least 10 years apart. Even though Yoshino is in legal age, it still feels weird to me._.
No seriously.
May 6, 2017 2:16 AM

Mar 2016
The Alexandre something something... isn't that the same name with the one in the OP? Anyone?
No seriously.
May 6, 2017 2:17 AM

Mar 2016
Rorek said:
S0rahana said:

Sakura Quest is probably one of the most mature shows this season with full adult cast. MAL community loves only shounen action harem shit.
I heard Shirobako's rating was also low-ish during the earlier episodes, so we still have hope
No seriously.
May 6, 2017 5:21 AM

May 2010
gravitea-girl said:
TragicRomance said:
I'm.... not sure. Call me oversensitive, but they look like they're at least 10 years apart. Even though Yoshino is in legal age, it still feels weird to me._.

Haha its ok, age gap isn't for everyone
May 6, 2017 12:22 PM

Jul 2009
The girls had a nice idea!
May 7, 2017 4:55 PM

Sep 2015
Pretty great episode tbh. It resolved all the conflicts from last time in a really cool way. Making the wood carving shoes was a little silly to me. But using the ranma for the towns bus station was a really cool idea. I also am starting to warm up to hippie dude with the stupid name. At first I thought he was kind of annoying lol so random character. But he's kind of grown on me. And that picture he drew was pretty trippy. Now Sanae has had her self realization arc. Looking forward to the other girls getting theirs in the weeks to come.
May 7, 2017 11:52 PM

Jun 2008
Cute episode! My Sanae ship is now much more up in the air compared to last episode.
May 8, 2017 1:01 PM

Feb 2014
Warning: minor episode spoilers ahead.

This was a surprisingly fantastic episode. It's all summed up in this:

Now, this breaks a fundamental rule of storytelling: finish what you begin. But by breaking this rule, the author makes their point even more profound.

Most of us don't like to consider how temporary our lives are. Perhaps that's why we all wish to do things bigger than ourselves, things that will live on longer than us. But maybe there's a less self-centered reason too. Each generation only gets to run the world for a brief period of time. What we do will lay the foundation for every generation to come. Maybe we don't all have what it takes to change the world. Maybe the world isn't even ready for the change it needs. But in some small way, if each of us leaves the world a bit better place than when we arrived, it is worth the effort.

I'm not just reading into things, either. It's actually quite brilliant how the author tied things in with Kazushi's ranma. For the past couple episodes he's just been there, grumpy and engrossed in his work, but now we learn the reason why: that his master started the ranma, and then passed away before he could finish it. And even when Kazushi tried to keep up the job, the customer who ordered it died too. His work was met with only death after death until there was no point left to it... or so it seemed. By putting the ranma up in the station instead, it gave new life to everyone who had a hand in its creation--an obvious parallel to what Koharu and co are trying to do for the town itself.

It's quite impressive how they worked deep themes like that into this story. Really caught me off-guard with how well-written it is.
May 9, 2017 4:12 AM
Jul 2018
I'm more bothered on the real name of Sandal...

Alexander Cena Davis Celibidache

Wasn't that the name that shows up in the opening credits for original creator? Lol
May 10, 2017 9:55 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode as usual! Such an underrated show!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2017

65 by Leftu »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

184 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 19, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.