Forum Settings
Forums

Otome Game 'Dynamic Chord' Gets Anime Adaptation

New
Jan 15, 2017 9:44 PM

Nov 2007

During the "Dynamic Chord No Limit Vocal Live 2017" event held on Sunday, it was announced that Honeybee Black's otome game Dynamic Chord will receive an anime adaptation. The game revolves around four bands who work for Dynamic Chord agency. The game cast members will reprise their roles.

The Dynamic Chord project has inspired four games centering on each band since 2014 with series of CDs.

Cast
apple-polisher
Narumi Amagi: Shouta Aoi (Magic-Kyun! Renaissance)
Shinobu Kurosawa: Yuuichirou Umehara (Amanchu!)
Yuki Aoi: Yoshiki Nakajima (Endride)
Yuusei Otoishi: Takahiro Sakurai (Osomatsu-san)

Kyohso
Shinomune Sumiya: Taku Yashiro (Show By Rock!! #)
Tokiharu Hanabusa: Shinnosuke Tachibana (Sekkou Boys)
Yorito Kisaka: Shoutaro Morikubo (Bakumatsu Rock)
Yuu Kuroya: Kaito Ishikawa (Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou)

Liar-S
Chiya Suzuno: Nobuhiko Okamoto (Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen)
Sakura Hinoyama: Takuma Terashima (Mekakucity Actors)
Seri Yuisaki: Tetsuya Kakihara (B-Project: Kodou*Ambitious)
Soutarou Haruna: Soma Saito (Rokka no Yuusha)

rêve parfait
Aki Kashii: Yuuya Hirose (Handa-kun)
Kuon Tsukinohara: Kousuke Toriumi (Hakuouki)
Reon Kashii: Takuya Eguchi (Nijiiro Days)
Tsumugi Momose: Ryouhei Kimura (Kimi to Boku.)

Announcement

Source: Dengeki Online

News submitted by Yaoi-Senpai

Dynamic Chord on MAL
tsubasaloverMar 25, 2017 9:32 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 15, 2017 10:35 PM
Mar 2010
Please, please, please have a female protagonist in it. Please. ;_;
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 15, 2017 11:00 PM
Jul 2018
Welp, more to add on my list for future fun time watching. Of course I'll keep an eye on this but I might not watch it while its airing, depends.

Robiiii said:
And so it begins...
More fujoshi bait

Isn't that really the norm at this point? At least to me I don't mind it as long as it is nothing like B-Project (that abysmal series that was pretty much on the same level of despise I had with Diabolik Lovers, as long as it doesn't cross that line, that's fine)
Jan 15, 2017 11:24 PM

Dec 2015
Symphyon said:
Welp, more to add on my list for future fun time watching. Of course I'll keep an eye on this but I might not watch it while its airing, depends.

Robiiii said:
And so it begins...
More fujoshi bait

Isn't that really the norm at this point? At least to me I don't mind it as long as it is nothing like B-Project (that abysmal series that was pretty much on the same level of despise I had with Diabolik Lovers, as long as it doesn't cross that line, that's fine)

Hard to say, we'll have to see how many more of these announcements we'll get in the next few weeks/months. I dont mind as well, but if it'll turn into a trend it might get annoying (just like any trend really)
Jan 15, 2017 11:37 PM

Nov 2012
otome game adaptations are always welcome, i just hope this one will be good.

Robiiii said:
And so it begins...
More fujoshi bait

>otome adaptation
>fujoshi bait
uh huh
Jan 16, 2017 12:05 AM

May 2008
DYNAMIC CHORD... i hope this will turns out good. B-Project was a letdown.

Robiiii said:
And so it begins...
More fujoshi bait
excuse me but this is far from fujoshi bait, smh.
Jan 16, 2017 12:11 AM

Dec 2015
silverwalls said:
otome game adaptations are always welcome, i just hope this one will be good.

Robiiii said:
And so it begins...
More fujoshi bait

>otome adaptation
>fujoshi bait
uh huh

Psyche_Izaya said:
DYNAMIC CHORD... i hope this will turns out good. B-Project was a letdown.

Robiiii said:
And so it begins...
More fujoshi bait
excuse me but this is far from fujoshi bait, smh.

Its not hard to label it as one since the first thing you see here are 16 guys looking all bishi n stuff :s
Where is dem grill at anyway? :p
Ppl will call it fujoshi bait whether u want it or not :p
Jan 16, 2017 12:56 AM

Jul 2014
silverwalls said:

Robiiii said:
And so it begins...
More fujoshi bait

>otome adaptation
>fujoshi bait
uh huh

users like robii don't bother using their brains before posting
Jan 16, 2017 1:05 AM

Jul 2014
Those seiyuus.
Based on the cast alone, I like Liar-S the most.
Jan 16, 2017 1:30 AM
Mar 2010
Robiiii said:

Its not hard to label it as one since the first thing you see here are 16 guys looking all bishi n stuff :s

Fujoshi =/= female otaku.
Liking bishies =/= fujoshi.

I watch sports series like KuroBasu, Haikyuu!! and other cute boys shows like Boueibu. But I don't ship the boys together. Are you still going to call me a fujoshi? No. I'm a female otaku.

There's a difference.

A fujoshi doesn't mean female otaku but a fujoshi is a TYPE of female otaku. You have yumejoshi, koebuta etc.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 16, 2017 1:34 AM

Mar 2010
In apple-polisher, it's Shinobu Kurosawa and Yuusei Otoishi. Man, I wish people would stop trusting the so-called "most trusted anime news source" ANN because they always get things wrong.

Anyway, I'm SO HAPPY this is getting an anime, I can't wait to see my babies moving ;_; I wonder how are they going to adapt four games tho... Also yeah, it's probably not what you all expect, the stories are pretty dark.
Jan 16, 2017 1:41 AM

Nov 2007
nairy said:
In apple-polisher, it's Shinobu Kurosawa and Yuusei Otoishi.
Fixed, thank you.
Jan 16, 2017 3:26 AM
Dec 2015
Another series to add to my idol/musical collection. This year alone, 5 male idols/musical will air. I'm a happy fan :) Just hope they release Idolish7 airdate already.

Also, please don't let the girl appear. They could just do it like Marginal#4, ignore the shoo-in romance and just focus on the music and the boys' life. This is why I didn't watch B-Pro despite it being an idol anime, heck I drop UtaPri but I'm about to go in again since apparently the romance didn't materialize. That's for the best for these type of shows.

I like this trend, more female otaku (not romance) series are being announced. 2017 is looking great. THough I didn't appreciate Yuri on Ice (and I'm a fujoshi)
Jan 16, 2017 3:39 AM

Dec 2015
satine13 said:
silverwalls said:

>otome adaptation
>fujoshi bait
uh huh

users like robii don't bother using their brains before posting
Yes

phoenixalia said:
Robiiii said:

Fujoshi =/= female otaku.
Liking bishies =/= fujoshi.

I watch sports series like KuroBasu, Haikyuu!! and other cute boys shows like Boueibu. But I don't ship the boys together. Are you still going to call me a fujoshi? No. I'm a female otaku.

There's a difference.

A fujoshi doesn't mean female otaku but a fujoshi is a TYPE of female otaku. You have yumejoshi, koebuta etc.

I know all this, but thats not the point. People label Haikyuu as fujoshi bait becuz of its huge male casts, when its clearly not, for example.
Same as love triangles are labeled as harems by some and same as "elitist" word is used in a wrong way, not the way its suppose to
Basically ppl use the terms wrong, and i am also a lil cunt by doing the same thing
If you wanna educate someone, go educate the masses, not me. I wanna see if u can make a shift where most ppl wont call this type of entertainment as fujoshi bait :p
Jan 16, 2017 6:26 AM

Jul 2014
Not really expecting much from this but I still wanna watch it for the visuals... can't say no to bishies and ikemens lol
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jan 16, 2017 7:06 AM

Mar 2016
Yay more singing shows LOL There's so many coming out lately. Do all of them sing though ? Because I'm really surprised about Sakurai Takahiro being in the cast, since he doesn't sing a lot, but here they're a band so it could be that only a few of them sing (unless it likes Bakumatsu Rock).

But the cast looks really good, lots of interesting voices there. Morikubo, Kakihara and Toriumi and Aoi in more singing shows xD I can't wait to hear the songs and the show itself, hopefully it'll be interesting and doesn't feel rushed with the amount of members.
Jan 16, 2017 7:15 AM

May 2008
Robiiii said:

Lol, it almost sound like you don't know what "otome" is.

An otome game (乙女ゲーム otome gēmu ?, literally "maiden game") is a story based video game that is targeted towards the female market. Generally one of the goals, besides the main plot goal, is to develop a romantic relationship between the female player character and one of several male characters.

So duh obviously there'll be plenty of "bishies" in the picture. If there are girls in it then it's not otome anymore. lmao

Robiiii said:

By "grill", you mean the heroine(s)?

http://www.honeybee-cd.com/dynamic/reve/img/photo/ap_aki1.jpg
http://www.honeybee-cd.com/dynamic/liar/img/photo/sakura1.jpg
http://www.honeybee-cd.com/dynamic/kyoh/img/photo/cg04.jpg

Robiiii said:

Yeah you can call it whatever you want except it only makes you look stupid \O/

Robiiii said:

I know all this, but thats not the point. People label Haikyuu as fujoshi bait becuz of its huge male casts, when its clearly not, for example.

Now here's the difference: Haikyuu, KuroBas, Free!, YoI are sports anime. I can see why they are called fujobait bc none of the main characters have love interests for the opposite gender and interaction screentime between the female characters are small. + irl fujoshis actually do ship the boys

Robiiii said:
Same as love triangles are labeled as harems by some and same as "elitist" word is used in a wrong way, not the way its suppose to

Lol by that logic then i would prefer if you call this "Reverse Harem" bc this is what otome genre are all about.

Robiiii said:
Basically ppl use the terms wrong, and i am also a lil cunt by doing the same thing
If you wanna educate someone, go educate the masses, not me. I wanna see if u can make a shift where most ppl wont call this type of entertainment as fujoshi bait :p

No that's because ppl like you are using the wrong term for the wrong genre ;O idc if you wanna label yuri on ice, haikyuu and Free fujobait since it clearly attracts the fujoshi audience anyway
Psyche_IzayaJan 16, 2017 7:29 AM
Jan 16, 2017 8:01 AM
Dec 2015
hassher said:
WHEN IS MM GONNA GET AN ADAPTATION???
*PATIENTLY WAITING*
@Marsh

But MM is Korean so I'd say it has a very slim chance.
Jan 16, 2017 8:31 AM

Jun 2008
These type of shows are my guilty pleasure.
Jan 16, 2017 9:32 AM

Dec 2015
That cast list is so stacked, lots of seiyuu that can sing. Come to think of it I don't think I've listened to any of Dynamic Chord's songs... I should try a few, I like rock songs.

And needless to say, I'm watching this.

(This further reinforces my idea that Ume-chan is everywhere in 2017, I've seen his name so often. It's not a complaint though, he deserves more roles. And hmm 5 Utapri seiyuu in this one!)
Jan 16, 2017 9:35 AM

Jan 2012
Why it's music band all the time!? Well, as long there's enough romance I'll be happy
The art looks good and the seiyuus are even better <3 so many of my favourites :D
Jan 16, 2017 10:21 AM

Jul 2014
inb4 yaoi references ala yuri on ice.
Jan 16, 2017 11:06 AM
May 2007
The dream is real. I feel all alive again.
I need to listen to their CDs again and more shuffle units omg.

NanDemoNai_ said:
Yay more singing shows LOL There's so many coming out lately. Do all of them sing though ? Because I'm really surprised about Sakurai Takahiro being in the cast, since he doesn't sing a lot, but here they're a band so it could be that only a few of them sing (unless it likes Bakumatsu Rock).

Not all of them sing. Each band has one vocalist with other members for guitar drums and bass.
[rêve parfait] vocalist King: Takuya Eguchi
Liar-S vocalist Sakura Hinoyama: Takuma Terashima
KYOHSO vocalist Yorito: Shoutaro Morikubo
apple-polisher vocalist NaL: Shouta Aoi
Last time I heard Sakurai Takahiro sings was in Hatsukoi Monster that took me by surprise really.
Jan 16, 2017 11:11 AM

Mar 2016
Shadow-Chan said:
The dream is real. I feel all alive again.
I need to listen to their CDs again and more shuffle units omg.

NanDemoNai_ said:

Not all of them sing. Each band has one vocalist with other members for guitar drums and bass.
[rêve parfait] vocalist King: Takuya Eguchi
Liar-S vocalist Sakura Hinoyama: Takuma Terashima
KYOHSO vocalist Yorito: Shoutaro Morikubo
apple-polisher vocalist NaL: Shouta Aoi
Last time I heard Sakurai Takahiro sings was in Hatsukoi Monster that took me by surprise really.

I see, thanks for the info, well Sakurai being in the cast makes a lot more sense now, surprised Terashima and Eguchi were cast as the vocalist with other members, imo, having better vocals in terms of singing but I guess I'll have to wait and see what the characters are like and the song types.

But wasn't that singing in Hatsukoi Monster supposed to be child-like lol xD
Jan 16, 2017 1:40 PM

Oct 2015
Oh here we go.
More guilty pleasure to indulge myself in.
More Soma and Nobu to satisfy! >:D

Lost in Translation

Jan 16, 2017 3:46 PM

Aug 2011
phoenixalia said:

LOL funny how I feel the exact opposite. I hope there isn't a female protag in it because inevitably she will probably have 0 personality and be pushed around by EVERYONe and it's not likethere's going to be a conclusive romance anyway so there's zero point imo.

AKA I'd rather ship my boys together, which I'm going to do anyways, but I find that there's no point to there being a female protag. Shrug.jpg whatever happens happens tho I guess.
Jan 16, 2017 3:58 PM
Jul 2018
Laciie said:
phoenixalia said:

LOL funny how I feel the exact opposite. I hope there isn't a female protag in it because inevitably she will probably have 0 personality and be pushed around by EVERYONe and it's not likethere's going to be a conclusive romance anyway so there's zero point imo.

AKA I'd rather ship my boys together, which I'm going to do anyways, but I find that there's no point to there being a female protag. Shrug.jpg whatever happens happens tho I guess.

Glad to see someone has the same idea as I do. I'm tired of reverse harem, girls always have bad personalities, like WTF, I swear if I was the protagonist of a reverse harem anime.......let me stop before a war start. And yes, I want to ship them too, the girl will be so annoying.
Jan 16, 2017 4:42 PM

Aug 2011
Yaoi-Senpai said:
Laciie said:

Glad to see someone has the same idea as I do. I'm tired of reverse harem, girls always have bad personalities, like WTF, I swear if I was the protagonist of a reverse harem anime.......let me stop before a war start. And yes, I want to ship them too, the girl will be so annoying.

Essentially.

Listen I am all for actual well written female protagonists. But these are far too few so in these kind of shows I'd rather they don't exist because there's just no point and interactions with the character take up time that could be used to actually develop the ENORMOUS CAST AND RELATIONSHIPS!

(Also when I say these kinds of shows I do NOT mean shows like AkaYona and stuff bc those kind of shows are from shoujo manga and have excellent female protags that I love sooo)
Jan 16, 2017 4:55 PM
Jul 2018
Laciie said:
Yaoi-Senpai said:

Essentially.

Listen I am all for actual well written female protagonists. But these are far too few so in these kind of shows I'd rather they don't exist because there's just no point and interactions with the character take up time that could be used to actually develop the ENORMOUS CAST AND RELATIONSHIPS!

(Also when I say these kinds of shows I do NOT mean shows like AkaYona and stuff bc those kind of shows are from shoujo manga and have excellent female protags that I love sooo)

I understand. That's what I'm trying to say, girls from Otome games never made any sense, like look at Utapri, I'm big fan of it and I love all the guys. I know all of them are in love with Haruka but what about her? Is she in love with someone? Like I'm not sure and yes look at Yona, she's cool and I like her too and she love someone atleast, so instead of these girls, no need for them to appear or atleast let them be like b-project. (Were the protagonist is not in love with anyone, which is good)
Jan 16, 2017 8:26 PM

May 2014
This is probably gonna be complete garbage to add to the already huge flammable wastage of " bland music group otome adaptations that are basically all the same show" but I'm still gonna watch it. Primarily bc I'm curious about the music aspect...I mean we have a lot of reverse harem idol anime, but one about J-rock bands?

Sign me the flack up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2017 5:20 AM

May 2010
I had this on my plan to play vn list, so of course I'm interested. But I also still remember the Starry Sky adaptation failure, so I'm not fully convinced yet :<
Jan 17, 2017 7:13 AM

Jul 2013
Anyone who played this game can give their insights on how bland and boring will the female protagonist be?
Jan 17, 2017 8:03 AM
Jul 2018
Tenshi_Shura said:
Anyone who played this game can give their insights on how bland and boring will the female protagonist be?

As what the Vndb says, each band have a protagonist.

For Apple polisher the protagonist is a adult singer, she is strong and love singing and

For reve parfait, the main character is teen and she is the childhood friend of both the twins Aki and reon, she is a serious girl and the class president of her class.

For Liar-s the main character is adult and rich, she got tricked fast and ignorant. She is boring character I guess XD

Lastly for feat kyohso is A 23-year-old recent graduate who had newly entered the music company "DYNAMIC CHORD". Konoha is cheerful and positive. She is currently the manager of KYOHSO.
(Copy paste from vndb)

Not sure which one they will animated, I guess they will do it all.
Jan 17, 2017 8:13 AM

Jul 2013
Yaoi-Senpai said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

For Apple polisher the protagonist is a adult singer, she is strong and love singing and

For reve parfait, the main character is teen and she is the childhood friend of both the twins Aki and reon, she is a serious girl and the class president of her class.

For Liar-s the main character is adult and rich, she got tricked fast and ignorant. She is boring character I guess XD

Lastly for feat kyohso is A 23-year-old recent graduate who had newly entered the music company "DYNAMIC CHORD". Konoha is cheerful and positive. She is currently the manager of KYOHSO.
(Copy paste from vndb)

Wow. They all sound uninteresting. Will watch for the boys only.
Jan 17, 2017 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
Tenshi_Shura said:
Yaoi-Senpai said:

(Copy paste from vndb)

Wow. They all sound uninteresting. Will watch for the boys only.

Hahaha, everyone is going to do the same thing (I guess) XD
Jan 17, 2017 11:10 AM
May 2007
NanDemoNai_ said:

Right haha at least I count that as singing for chara song and not narrating.
Jan 17, 2017 11:14 AM

Mar 2016
Shadow-Chan said:
NanDemoNai_ said:

True, I guess it's the closest thing we'll get for the time being.
Jan 17, 2017 12:51 PM

Aug 2016
Mystic Messenger better be next ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 18, 2017 2:10 PM

Jul 2012
I've been following the CD series for a while now but I haven't really listened to drama tracks or played the games yet. If you're curious, my favourite vocalist is Liar-S' and my favourite character is Egu's.

To answer a few questions:

Five of my friends played the game (which is on PC) and they've all had nothing negative to say about the female protagonists. @Tenshi_Shura

Spoiler but only one out of sixteen male characters are gay. The rest are straight. So, no it is not fujobait.

Only the four vocalists sing. In the shuffle units, the vocalists are the same as the main units except the instrumentalists are from other units. Their first CDs will be released on Feb 22 and the seiyuus have performed their songs already live. I posted the set list of the 2017 live already and if anyone is interested, pm me.

The drama CD series AND the game both have R18 content, like sex and stuff. I have no clue if the Anime will animate anything like that. We will see.

Anyways, I'm really excited for this series as the plot seems great and so do all of the CGs in the game and PVs.

If you want to listen to some of the songs, go to their official YT channel for the PVs. Its not your typical Love live/Utapri idol stuff but actual rock genre. My favourite song is Stella from the entire series, but out of Honeybee's music, it's beauty and the beast.

NanDemoNai_ said:
Shadow-Chan said:

True, I guess it's the closest thing we'll get for the time being.

Here is Sakurai singing legit. @Shadow-Chan

Don't expect him to sing at all in Dynamic Chord because he's sworn to stop singing character songs forever. I won't go into the reason but it has to do with a copyright scandal he experienced in the past.

NanDemoNai_ said:
surprised Terashima and Eguchi were cast as the vocalist with other members, imo, having better vocals in terms of singing
Hmm, yes I agree in Liar-S, Kakki > Souma > Terashi > Noburin

But in [rêve parfait], Egu is definitely the strongest singer, with Tori and Kimuryo slowly falling behind. They're all above average singers. No one is really on Aoi Shouta level.
MayukaJan 18, 2017 5:33 PM
Jan 18, 2017 6:09 PM

Jul 2013
Oh well. We will see if the girls don't turn out to be Brother's Conflict/Amnesia levels of blandness.

Regarding the R-18 stuff, I intentionally spoiled myself and there were indeed sex scenes but the most explicit it could get is just simple kissing in the bed. Not as hardcore as I would have thought.
Jan 19, 2017 11:04 AM
May 2007
Mayuka said:
Don't expect him to sing at all in Dynamic Chord because he's sworn to stop singing character songs forever. I won't go into the reason but it has to do with a copyright scandal he experienced in the past.

That's why I said the song he did for Hatsukoi Monster took me by surprise after many years of him with no singing for chara songs only narrating/reading lines.
Jan 19, 2017 4:42 PM

Jul 2012
Tenshi_Shura said:
Regarding the R-18 stuff, I intentionally spoiled myself and there were indeed sex scenes but the most explicit it could get is just simple kissing in the bed. Not as hardcore as I would have thought.
Listen to the love U kiss series, there's more stuff. Although the CDs are kinda hard to find on public downloading sites, I have most of them.
Mar 24, 2017 5:52 PM

Nov 2007
It will be TV anime to air on TBS

Studio: Studio Pierrot
Co-Production: Studio Pierrot+

Official site: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/DC/
Official Twitter: @anime__DC
Mar 24, 2017 5:58 PM
Jul 2018
tsubasalover said:
It will be TV anime to air on TBS

Studio: Studio Pierrot
Co-Production: Studio Pierrot+

Official site: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/DC/
Official Twitter: @anime__DC

Awww, yes. *drool*
I hope it will be this year.
Mar 25, 2017 12:59 PM
May 2007
I want to know who anime chara designed them omg I'm really blushing NaL♡
I'm trying not to judge right now because same studio as Tsukiani I just wish no CGI.
Aug 10, 2017 10:26 PM

Nov 2007
OP: "p.s.i hate you♡xxx" by [rêve parfait]
ED1: "because the sky..." by KYOHSO
ED2: [rêve parfait]
ED3: Liar-S
ED4: apple-polisher

PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw59Ml3846w
tsubasaloverAug 10, 2017 10:53 PM
Aug 11, 2017 1:35 PM
May 2007
I'm speechless after that PV. The performance looked like still images I'm freaking out.

More topics from this board

» 'Lazarus' Unveils Main Staff, Cast, 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Oct 18

25 by feyyazu35 »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Watashi wo Tabetai, Hitodenashi' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

8 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» 'Doraemon' Voice Actress Nobuyo Ooyama Dies at 90

Vindstot - Oct 11

17 by luffysenchou »»
6 hours ago

» 'Salaryman ga Isekai ni Ittara Shitennou ni Natta Hanashi' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Second Promo for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Oct 20

1 by gary598byers »»
7 hours ago

» Webtoon 'The Beginning After The End' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Oct 19

32 by subahokke »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.