Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 5, 2017 9:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Do not ask where to watch this anime and don't ask for subs, doing so is against the rules

----------------------------------------
Well this definitely gave me the Amagami vibe so far with the character design and setting. OP song is pretty atmospheric with a montage of the main girls.

Pacing feels slow at the moment but I do expect it to pick up more from here. Expecting the season to feature each of the main heroines in their own routes/arcs. Shouichi Kamita seems like a pretty average protagonist so far with an average personality.

The girls introduced so far are cute though!
AversaJan 5, 2017 11:08 AM
Jan 5, 2017 11:07 AM

Apr 2010
The build up seems to be very similar to Amigami judging from the first episode.
So for the i have to say that i don't really like the girl who this is about but maybe my mind will change in future episodes.
For now tho i wonder what the other girls will be like.
Jan 5, 2017 11:24 AM

Feb 2008
Considering who is in the production team, It's not a big surprise that it's got a Amagami feel to it. I'm rather pleased with the first episode.
Jan 5, 2017 11:26 AM

Jun 2013
The nostalgic Amagami vibe is here. I already like the tomboyish girl. It's cool to have a girlfriend like her who loves to play at game centers LOL
Kitan~!
Jan 5, 2017 2:25 PM

Jun 2011
So do I need to watch Amagami beforehand?
...You what?
Jan 5, 2017 2:28 PM

Jan 2011
JouNoTori said:

No. It's just they are both in the same vein. I would say if when you finish this show and you liked it then go watch Amagami (which is a wonderful watch). If you like Amagami then watch Amagami SS. My personal take is the former is superior to SS but still worth a watch if you become a fan of the series. My personal take is that Amagami will still sit atop all of these be this shows end but shall see.
Jan 5, 2017 2:29 PM

Jun 2011
IZEROII said:
JouNoTori said:

No. It's just they are both in the same vein. I would say if when you finish this show and you liked it then go watch Amagami (which is a wonderful watch).

I assume there might be some easter eggs about Amagami in this show, and I will probably watch that one first then, thanks! I was just wondering about story-wise etc.
...You what?
Jan 5, 2017 3:00 PM

Jun 2012
I think crunchyroll licensed this, wondering whats the holdup with the subbing.
Jan 5, 2017 5:55 PM

Oct 2012
Kyouko best girl lesss goooooooo
and Tomoe is a good onee-san.

Man, even the episode previews are the same. xD

I have to say, the art direction for the OP is pretty nice to look at, especially the part where the heroines burst into the flowery names, if that makes sense. The part where Kyouko falls down onto horizontal text was great.
EpicCh33seJan 5, 2017 6:03 PM
Jan 5, 2017 6:54 PM

Jul 2015
Oh boy, it's time for "who's the best girl" discussions.

Pretty decent first episode, Tsuneki didn't connect with me, but that was just the start so there is room for improvement, average protagonist, nothing unexpected, let's see if Ikuo ends up being another best bro.

I know it's cruel from my part, but I would love to see a whole season full of bad endings in romance, it would be so funny considering that this is basically Amagami SS.
Jan 5, 2017 7:49 PM
Aug 2016
where did u guys watch the 1st episode, can't find it ;(
Jan 5, 2017 7:52 PM

Aug 2015
is Good? haha I'm still not sure If i should watch it lol

Jan 5, 2017 9:10 PM
Jul 2018
lol that ending

anime feels a lot like a vn adaptation, plain protagonist + his utility side kick and female characters of various archetypes.
Jan 5, 2017 9:11 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
This episode is definitely a comfortable feel to it with Amagami aura about it. That is not a bad thing either since I really enjoyed that series. So far it is like driving a newer model of a car that I really like. Hooked and on the train!
Jan 5, 2017 9:17 PM
Apr 2016
I'm just happy listening to Sakura Ayane's voice again.
Jan 5, 2017 10:55 PM

Jul 2015
Yup. That beautiful Amagami vibe is here. Beautiful first episode. Great characters and voice cast. Looking forward to next week's episode.
Jan 5, 2017 11:58 PM

Apr 2016
Shuhan said:
I think crunchyroll licensed this, wondering whats the holdup with the subbing.

Give it some time dude, it will be subbed after a while or so !
Jan 5, 2017 11:59 PM

Apr 2016
blackbelt101 said:
where did u guys watch the 1st episode, can't find it ;(

at GogoAnime - this site ? .... .. .. .. ..
Jan 6, 2017 6:19 AM

Jun 2008
Oh Hello there Iroha v2.0.
Now I just wish they would make a VN out of this soon after.
Played, KimiKiss, Amagami and Photokano..more is welcome.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jan 6, 2017 7:11 AM

Nov 2007
Oh, liked it very much! Just as I thought I would!

Hikari is very much after Shouichi it seems. I mean even when she was sitting on his desk, she probably was well aware that it was Shouichi's desk.

The whole setup has a lot of Amagami feel to it (even though the art isn't as good as that). Our protagonist aims to become a mangaka this time around and he has an older sister, Moe-nee, instead of an imouto. And she is quite popular and pretty and was last year's Miss Santa as Hikari came second in that contest. Dare I assume she holds a grudge for coming second?

We also got a glimpse of Kyouko, who already established the fact that she is a childhood friend as soon as she called Shouichi as Shou-chan. I think I will love her arc as well.

The last bit was strange as Hikari came inside Shouichi's room through the window and she is soaked and dressed in a way pretty much showing most of her skin! But who cares, beautiful girls are always welcome, haha!

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 6, 2017 7:13 AM

Nov 2016
In my country, the eps 1 is not released yet, hoping this will great like amagami ss. Then I think Tsuneki will be super main (all is main heroine) heroine in this series, like Ayatsuji Tsukasa at amagami ss, but its just my opinion, different people different opinion :D
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Jan 6, 2017 8:19 AM

Feb 2014
The girls are very cute, definitely worth watching.
Jan 6, 2017 8:40 AM

Nov 2007
Here's a candy to set it up as your wallpaper.

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 6, 2017 9:20 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yeah, i like this, probably my favourite so far of the season.

Very lighthearted and mellow vibe, straightforward with the romance implications.
Jan 6, 2017 9:33 AM

Jul 2010
All the heroines they've showed so far looks pretty good and this first one I quite like both in personality and looks, her body is pretty stunning. I like her voice and teasing too so next week is gonna be interesting seeing how the ending was 2spooky4me
Jan 6, 2017 9:43 AM

Dec 2014
Loved the episode, Definitely feels reminiscent of Amagami. Then again, that was to be expected since it's the same setting if I'm not wrong.

Lovely the designs for all the girls, They all look fabulous. :3
I love Hikari already <3 , I'm sure I'll love the other girls too. XD Here's to hoping that they all get their own arcs just like in Amagami.

Overall tone of the series is very light hearted and fun, really liking it.

Shouichi seems like a decent lead so far, He's plain but that's exactly what works in a setting like this.
I laughed so hard when he was watching the butt print on his desk fade away. XDD
That ending though, Well I suppose no one is gonna say no to Hikari coming into your room even if it's from a window. XD

Hikari ED is awesome, Need more fan service shots like those. XD

Looking forward to some sweet romance. :)
Jan 6, 2017 9:44 AM

Sep 2013
Waifus for days <3

Amagami v2. I'm so happy :) My favourite (pure) romance anime :D
Jan 6, 2017 10:11 AM
Nov 2015
Best first episode so far this season imo. Really loving the overall tone to this series, looking forward to more~
Jan 6, 2017 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
so just like amagami ss this is going to get arcs too im guessing? 2-3 episode per arc since only 12 episodes r available or.. anyone has any ideas?
Jan 6, 2017 10:24 AM

Jan 2015
DROPPED.
Even after watching that first episode and looking at that girls. Even it have the "Original" element which I really like. I just can't find any reason to watch another of this episode. It feels "plain", too "plain" for School anime. Oh well. :(
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 6, 2017 10:36 AM

May 2012
Oh nice, I knew I heard Yukarin in there ^^ Hoping to see a bit more of the teacher since she was just pretty entertaining as a character.

It's plain... but I like it. Relationships feel natural, girls don't seem too unrealistic compared to a lot of other romance anime, and the MC is somewhat hardworking and at least a little likable so far.

I'm liking the character designs for the girls so far, hoping to see more of that black-haired gloomy looking girl from the basketball scene and the girl in the arcade during the OP.
OlemJan 6, 2017 10:45 AM

Jan 6, 2017 10:51 AM
Apr 2016
Well, I really enjoyed Amagami, and Seiren seems to be slightly worse so far, though quite similar. Some good dialogues here, especially between Shouichi and his best friend, and surprisingly mature relationships between Shouichi and his sister. Nice to see such a development.

However, main girl of this arc isn't likeable for me at all as well as her friends, and fanservice is already a bit strange (hiiii, Amagami). Anyway, I will keep an eye on this series.
Jan 6, 2017 10:55 AM
Mar 2016
More like an Amagami SS rebooted.
Jan 6, 2017 11:01 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Decent start overall

I'm really liking the first girl a lot and the other characters aren't bad either....Looking forward to the romance in this one
Jan 6, 2017 11:06 AM

Jun 2015
I haven't watched Amagami yet, so I wasn't getting that vibe other people are having. OP and ED is okay, so is the animation. The girls look so cute. My favorite is Hikari. The ending was funny xD
Jan 6, 2017 11:31 AM

Jul 2014
Fairly reasonable start, but this felt a bit plain as an opening episode to be honest. Still, even if this is going to take its arcs slightly more slowly than Amagami, I'm sure this will become more interesting as the arcs progress. OP is pretty good, at the very least.
Jan 6, 2017 11:57 AM

May 2009
Oh look, Ai Nanasaki's younger brother
Jan 6, 2017 12:44 PM

Aug 2015
Nice start, you can already tell they wanna include the side characters (friends,teacher,sister) more than in Amagami.

Hope I/We getting some infos why she is interested in Shouchi. And more of his persona maybe, i mean Junichi in Amagami had his Christmas Eve thing that made him likeable in a way.
Jan 6, 2017 12:55 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
gawd, nothing beats an anime full of beautiful girls <333

i can't find a screenshot of dat ass, guess i gotta make it myself... did everyone else forget lol? XD
Jan 6, 2017 12:58 PM

Jul 2010
EcchiLordMamster said:

i can't find a screenshot of dat ass, get i gotta make it myself... did everyone else forget lol? XD

Here ya go assuming it was this~

Jan 6, 2017 1:02 PM

Jun 2012
typical start; it was kinda wooden though
Jan 6, 2017 1:04 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Tenth said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

i can't find a screenshot of dat ass, get i gotta make it myself... did everyone else forget lol? XD

Here ya go assuming it was this~

YES bruh.. i'd already made the gif though and am going to add it to my profile soon xD

she definitely best girl
Jan 6, 2017 1:05 PM

Sep 2015
so it's going to be three girls with each one having four episodes and each time resetting so the MC self-insert can be with all the girls and all the weebs can be happy instead of having all 12 episodes for best girl Tooru Miyamae
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Jan 6, 2017 1:12 PM

Aug 2016
bastek66 said:

ikr, I was thinking the same thing, they really look alike
Nanika ga Okashii
Jan 6, 2017 1:29 PM

Dec 2009
I knew instantly watching it that it was like Amagami SS, and then when i look at it, it turns out it's actually directly related.

Having KimiKiss's successor Amagami, be succeeded again is nice. They have their own unique feel, and is a breath of fresh air.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 6, 2017 1:39 PM

Dec 2016
Alright so I like this first episode, the girls are cute and seem interesting and the MC is well... your average high school anime dude but seeing as how he could be compared pretty easily to Juinchi from Amagami it'll be interesting to see how they stack up.
And I don't know if anyone else had the same problem, but damn I found it a little difficult to keep up with all the characters being thrown in the mix, like I've gotta go back thru and rewatch cause I felt a little lost with who was who at some spots and I never had a prob with that in Amagami or any harem esque anime, so that's making me wonder if the characters are coming off a little too similar or if the subs I had were just hella confusing
Jan 6, 2017 1:42 PM

Dec 2016
Dirty_Four_Eyes said:
bastek66 said:

ikr, I was thinking the same thing, they really look alike

Umm that's literally the same kid lol
Jan 6, 2017 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
jesus people need to chill its only the first episode and i see some comments saying its cheesy for a school anime without even seeing amagami ss the main genre is romance if u still can't tell. i respect ur opinion but i think u should give it at least 2 more episodes (its gonna have arcs)
too bad it aint 25 episodes like amagami ss though... 3-4 episodes per arc would've been great.

oh and..

idk..
removed-userJan 6, 2017 2:16 PM
Jan 6, 2017 2:20 PM

Sep 2013
I've been wanting a romance like this since Amagami. It was nice in a normal kind of way and it feels like it's been a while since I've seen a show like this.
Ikuo is a pretty cool dude.

Wait Ikuo Nanasaki is related to Ai Nanasaki.. I'm liking this a lot.
RetoleeJan 6, 2017 2:24 PM
Jan 6, 2017 2:30 PM
Jul 2018
talentlessash said:
I've been wanting a romance like this since Amagami. It was nice in a normal kind of way and it feels like it's been a while since I've seen a show like this.
Ikuo is a pretty cool dude.

Wait Ikuo Nanasaki is related to Ai Nanasaki.. I'm liking this a lot.

i wonder if this kinda connects to the nanasaki ai arc from amagami ss too. not that it will make a lot of difference but it would be cool to see Junichi again ayy :D
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

143 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

57 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

64 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

99 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

131 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 12:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.