Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 31, 2016 10:07 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol the cat ears.

About time they finally were able to gain some ground against the captain though. Meanwhile, I hope to see more matches like that in the future. Raising the stakes while having a fun atmosphere to it. And keep those cat ears!
Oct 31, 2016 11:05 AM

Sep 2015
Not only did production swap the op with the ed, they release the full op song 3 mint(I think?) at the end.

Zengoku gogogo! damn reminds me of Saki.
valvravetruthNov 1, 2016 1:43 AM
Oct 31, 2016 11:07 AM

Apr 2010
Well this could get interesting.
The girls where very motivated this episode and it seems next week will be a practice game with another school.
I wonder how it will turn out.
Oct 31, 2016 11:29 AM

Jul 2012
So much cats ears. I can't handle it.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Oct 31, 2016 11:31 AM

Sep 2015
Will we have other songs for the next episode ?
The president didn't score a point this week, I wonder if they'll show some double matchs
Oct 31, 2016 12:03 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That's more like it. Very good episode again with Agari showing how much she has grown. Koyori looked like she had no big trouble with Kiruka :O

Kiruka always wanted to join the Nationals and that inspired Munemune as well. These two are great together as well as Agari/Koyori.
Oct 31, 2016 12:06 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode, All the blushing this episode was really cute, It is a little overused (Hands and arms xD) but I'm not complaining. :P

It never hit me till now but Munemne's full name, Oomune Mune is way too fitting. XD

Both Agari and Koyuri's matches against the captain were great, Agari's forehand was awesome and Koyuri's playstyle is always fun to watch. Even the captain was smiling :D
That Kiruka laugh after the game though. xD
Those Agari and Koyuri moments post match were way too adorable. <3

Hokuto should keep the cat ears, It's way too good on her. :3
Nice to see all the girls motivated to get to the nationals, Loved it when Agari confidently told Koyuri that they'll win the nationals.

Practice game against a powerhouse school coming up next, This should be really good..
Lelouch0202Oct 31, 2016 12:15 PM
Oct 31, 2016 12:12 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Okay they're seriously going too far with the whole 'blushing moeblob' schtick. Not only do half of them get completely red-faced for almost no reason, but Koyori is now even blushing with her hands and arms. Have some moderation lol :s
Oct 31, 2016 12:37 PM

Jan 2015
Another great episode, finally we can move on the 2nd arc

HaXXspetten said:
Okay they're seriously going too far with the whole 'blushing moeblob' schtick. Not only do half of them get completely red-faced for almost no reason, but Koyori is now even blushing with her hands and arms. Have some moderation lol :s

Yeah lol, this is getting out of control
Oct 31, 2016 12:45 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Logic, the two best of the team, have their secured place for the championship!!!
Oct 31, 2016 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
I think Agari and Koyori will be the best duo!
Oct 31, 2016 1:17 PM

Jan 2016
heart-racing; nationals; heart-racing; nationals; heart-racing; nationals; HEART-RACING; NATIONALS!!!!!!!!!!
gah, at least it was a couple of intense matches between the top 3 ranked on the team.

also though i don't approve of the opening and ending song swap, at-least they tried to make it feel natural...
well we are done with intra-competition, now let's add other schools!
(also are they all going to have jobs at same place?!)

Oct 31, 2016 1:24 PM

Jun 2012
Koyori will get heart attack, if she keeps getting excited like that :) I bet that during pratice we gonna meet that girl, who curb stomped captain of former champion team in 1st episode.
Oct 31, 2016 1:48 PM

Jun 2013
We got more animation than the Agari vs Koyori match, but the animation is still pretty low compared to that in the first couple of episodes. I wish they would go back to that level which wasn't really that high but was still better than these still frames.

Kiruka is a wall and even being able to return her backspin shots isn't enough as she can get the ball back from anywhere. To defeat her you need to have a super strong smash as far away from her as possible. Both Koyori and Agari were returning with topspin drives and loops respectively. I liked how Agari switched to forehand smashing when her backhand smashes became ineffective. The barrage of successful forehand smashes was cool. And Koyori was doing something similar in her match.

Koyori now has a goal in mind which will help her improve like Agari improved. She now wants to aim for the nationals, not to be the very best, but so that she can play more crazy strong people and have more fun.

The ED didn't work well as the OP. They're trying out weird things here with adding some Agari dialouge between the OP being their first venture. Interested in seeing if they do something more like this.

Now they're getting ready for a practice match with some strong team. It'll be a test of how good they are and if they're really qualified to play in the Nationals. They're going to play doubles too so I'm curious to see how the Koyori-Agari pair will play. It's really not difficult to play doubles but let's see if they put in something like "you have to connect to play doubles" or whatever here or if they don't go in that direction. Really curious to see Kurika's true strength.
Oct 31, 2016 3:01 PM

Sep 2016
akarin is getting too much ba-dump
akarin x grown-up renge yuri XD
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 31, 2016 3:56 PM

Feb 2008
More likes Dokidoki no Takkyuu Musume. I guess there's a problem if you get a boner while playing a sport.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 31, 2016 4:24 PM

Dec 2014
I love that cartoonish animation quirk they gave when Agari heard the "spoiler" of the captain being good at doubles. Nice to see a lot of confidence from these characters.
Oct 31, 2016 4:42 PM

Apr 2014
What was the reason for switching the opening and ending for this episode?

Other than that, this episode was pretty good (cat ears ftw)

Oct 31, 2016 6:18 PM

Dec 2011
OrangeJP said:

"Oh shi, the viewer always skip the ED. How can we sell the CD?"

"Just use it as the OP then!"
Oct 31, 2016 8:39 PM

Jun 2015
Dang why is this rated so low... sure the art and animation isn't like gloss, but the matches are intense, music is awesome, and yuri subtext this episode was flipping adorable. Super underrated at the moment imo. Cool episode though, loved Agari and Koyori's match against the Captain!
Oct 31, 2016 9:13 PM

Jun 2013
drgy55 said:
Dang why is this rated so low... sure the art and animation isn't like gloss, but the matches are intense, music is awesome, and yuri subtext this episode was flipping adorable. Super underrated at the moment imo. Cool episode though, loved Agari and Koyori's match against the Captain!

Well this is a type of show that a lot of people start off rating low due to the premise, seeing as all of the episodes have gotten a positive response for the most part, i see this show being similar to shows like Castle Town Dandelion, Sansha Sanyou and Show by Rock in that their scores get a big boost when the series finishes.
Oct 31, 2016 9:13 PM
May 2014
OrangeJP said:

Having the whole song as the OP would've been a bit much..
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 31, 2016 10:10 PM

Jun 2013
While i will agree that the blushing was a bit overkill, the episode as a whole was really good and it brought back the intensity that the last episode lacked.
Oct 31, 2016 10:18 PM

Aug 2014
The blushing in this show is unreal, and the captain is so cute! We get to see her eyes XD bass-bass the music is so good too! This show really makes my heart race!

I liked the op-ed swap and the recap; it felt nostalgic (even though we're only 5 episodes in~ haha). Hope it's just one-off though because the normal end animation is super cute!

I guess the "powerhouse" school is the one that lost at the start (after winning 9 times straight, from memory). Still really want to find out more about the girl who beat them though!

Favourite show of the season so far, i like everything about it ^u^
Oct 31, 2016 11:34 PM

Sep 2013
Pong to the Bewbs Watch Episode 5
Did the ping pong ball bounce off of Booby Boob Senpai's breasts?

And for a change of pace, since I've posted the same thing every week. I do like how this series gets me excited to see the next match like Koyori vs Agari and Captain vs Koyori/Agari.

Next week, a practice match against a National Team? This will be very interesting.

Oct 31, 2016 11:38 PM

Dec 2011
That was a good episode but Koyuri blushed so much though it's her character and i always like her doggy shirt xD
Anyway this episode hint that we will get to see a double with Koyuri and Agari someday.
Also the captain is nice and strong.Love her hobbit to cosplay :)
Nov 1, 2016 12:08 AM

Mar 2014
oh i just realized the ending song was sang by wake up girls. guess its worth changing the order.

i really love the exaggerated performance and yuri moments between akari and koyori
ButtSlapperNov 1, 2016 12:22 AM
Nov 1, 2016 1:58 AM

Sep 2015
OrangeJP said:

The reason to move the op to the back might be because, if you really notice it the song length is about 3 mint(full song), not the short tv-op you always heard everytime.
Nov 1, 2016 4:48 AM

Jun 2013
oh that yuri moment between Akari and Koyori
Nov 1, 2016 6:27 AM

Nov 2008
Axelucard said:
oh that yuri moment between Akari and Koyori

And the end moment between Kiruka and Mune; granted they already act like a couple lol
Nov 1, 2016 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
It really is the story fun. Good directing and script, the events were addictive and animations were less static than in the past. Drawings and dialogues, close the circle: the first, with a good quality, the latter, with a fresh dialectic, as well as the dialogues, even the OST proves bubbly and well-tuned to the situation.
Nov 1, 2016 9:21 AM

Dec 2015
Still entertaining for the sport despite all those still pictures.

3/5 Too much red skin for my taste.
Nov 1, 2016 9:33 AM

Sep 2016
Why is it the ed song with the op animation?
Nov 1, 2016 10:34 AM

Jun 2015
Yuri is strong with this one. They went a little overboard with the blushing. The show is lacking some substance but since there is enough subtext I'll stick around.
4/5.
Nov 1, 2016 8:35 PM

Jan 2015
Mere words can't describe how much i love this anime. My most favorite from this season for sure now. Agari blushing was so cuuute that i had to check my heartbeat xD. She is the best girl of the year for me, love her so much.
Glad that she won with forehand smashes that she likes so much and the one she focused on getting better. Loved how happy she was.

Agari and Koyori best duo, if they practice together they will be unbeatable for sure,at least i hope they would win nationals at the end.

Oh yeah captain is super cool too, and her relationship with Mune is sweet.
Nov 1, 2016 11:26 PM

Apr 2014
was worth the wait, great ep also love the Koyori x Agari moments swear each ep those moments gets cuter and cuter also it makes sense that Kiruka is much better at doubles considering her play style so im looking forward to seeing some double matches in later eps

though i gotta say i hated how they put the ending song for the op just didnt fit at all imo but glad that will be back to normal next ep but was still nice to hear the full version of the op though
"one step at a time"
Nov 2, 2016 1:03 AM

Jul 2013
This Koyori OP-ness is getting old. Apparently her smile is enough to rattle any opponent and make them weak. Even if you say she's the type who can adapt to any opponent it just makes no sense that every opponent so far has only one type of attack and that for some reason they had problems returning Koyori's balls despite her not employing any particular technique.So far only Agari had shown a little bit flexibility even though she ultimately lost.
Nov 2, 2016 5:22 PM

Jan 2013
Damn the soundtrack in this episode was 10/10.
Agari did a great game.
Koyori as always is the Nº1, best player :D
Hope to see Kiruka playing in full strength.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 2, 2016 11:02 PM
Mar 2012
Two intense matches, it's how good sports shows should be. That forehand smash.
Two nice ships, one blushes everywhere & dokidoki, the other's nice & calm with captain resting on Mune. Her full name was lol.
Nov 3, 2016 12:24 AM
💉 🩸 🩹 💖 🏥

Feb 2012
The music in this ep was pretty darn good. Good episode. I still feel like the series could use better dialogue.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Nov 3, 2016 9:21 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I'm so digging that OSt that played right before the Kiruka vs Agari match. For some reason the episode felt short but the ED felt longer than usual.

Koyori vs Kiruka was pretty good. She was giving Kiruka a good match.
Looking forward for the real matches.

Nov 4, 2016 1:03 AM

Oct 2008
Damn EPIC episode! I was always so hyped-up!
Why the hell did they swapped the OP & ED!?!?!?
Both Agari & Koyori scored against captain! what an awesome match for both of them! those 2 are surely picked for their starting roster!
LOL at Koyori eveh her arms and hands get flustered red that looks like it was slapped hit many times!
Munemune is now on 6th place while Captain jumped to 3rd place!
next event would be practice game with more better players!
I want to see Hanabi & Hokuto shine also!
5/5!

Nov 4, 2016 5:33 AM

Jul 2015
I've been thinking this for a while now, but the opening to this anime doesn't match the extreme, action-packed visuals at all.

Anyway, the yuri is getting stronger with every episode, and so is the tsundere. Last couple of matches were pretty cool, and the blue girl does look good in cat ears.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Nov 8, 2016 6:45 AM
Jul 2014
I admit that i'm loving this show. I'm a ping pong enthusiast, and when i saw a ping pong series was airing, i absolutely could not prevent myself from watching it.
Ping pong is taken really seriously, in all its intensity, competition and fun. Comedy is also really cute, characters are adorable, Agari is really likable as well, i love how she takes the sport seriously and how she is so determined, i think she'll go far. Koyori is maybe a bit too naive, and she's got not too much of the winner's aptitude, which thing is gonna penalize her at higher levels i guess.
The chopper player is also really cute.
I love the atmosphere of joy and passion that this series is transmitting through this wonderful sport, and i hope it's gonna do well in the next episodes, going deeper in the psychology of characters and situations in relation to ping pong.
Nov 8, 2016 9:02 PM

Dec 2009
DOKI DOKI SURUUUUUU~~!!!

Why is this show so exciting? I don't even care for pingpong lolol.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 11, 2016 9:11 AM

Jun 2015
Whoa, there was a lot of love in the air, that wasn't subtle at all.
Nov 15, 2016 3:00 AM

Aug 2013
I guess there's three pairings now huh. I ship them. xD
Doki doki.. doki doki.. too much blushing too much yuri gahahaha.
I'm looking forward to a full match soon.. the practice game is coming up.
Nov 15, 2016 3:14 AM
Dec 2015
Dokidoki suru!!
Someone posted the full opening theme (Shakunetsu Switch) that was used in this episode on youtube!
https://youtube.com/watch?v=CRhpIC-t1kI
Nov 23, 2016 11:45 AM

Jul 2009
Captain is a hell player, she was able to beat 18 members!
Dec 12, 2016 11:30 AM

Nov 2016
What an awesome episode! I really enjoyed watching the match between Agari and Kiruka. Agari has quite the powerful punch when she decided to switch from her backhand smashes to forward hand smashes. That was amazing to see how much Agari has grown in her techniques! But Kiruka was just as good keeping up with Agari which I found was really something else. Koyori, on the other hand, she was really motivated as the team is determined to go to Nationals and that's what drove her to overcome her match against Kiruka. There were a lot of heart-racing moments and seeing Koyori being overwhelmed by her blushing so hard was kind of used a lot but I don't mind it.

The cat ears were just too much for me since I kind of like cat ears and the whole "Nyaa" thing. :) In fact, Hokuto didn't look so bad with the cat ears and they were cute on her. I did like how Kiruka and MuneMune were reminiscing the old days when they were determined to compete for the Nationals. It goes to show how much they were willing to go all the way just to get there.

Anyway, I'm glad that the team is motivated and I know they're going to try their hardest as the next episode goes into the practice match. :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2016

85 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Aug 30, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2016

65 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Aug 26, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2016

117 by Shy »»
Jul 31, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2016

86 by Deazu »»
Aug 13, 2023 4:37 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2016

67 by Deazu »»
Aug 12, 2023 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.