Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Oct 3, 2015 10:07 PM

Nov 2011
PolarKoala said:
raveninthemuddle said:
Talk about how to impress your audience and draw them in: 5 minutes long exposition with boring narration accompany with bad CG, then followed up by someone no one knows sneezing. Great job Hiroyuki Yoshino, you did it again.

Haha, I find that ironic because my exact thoughts were, during that scene, "This is some pretty interesting exposition." Maybe I'm just too naive.

Nah. I liked the exposition too.
Oct 3, 2015 10:17 PM

Dec 2014
Nice shower scene.... :3
Oct 3, 2015 10:37 PM

Jun 2013
People don't seem to be loving it too much, but I really enjoyed the first episode and I think this has a lot of potential :)
Oct 3, 2015 10:50 PM

Dec 2014
PolarKoala said:
raveninthemuddle said:
Talk about how to impress your audience and draw them in: 5 minutes long exposition with boring narration accompany with bad CG, then followed up by someone no one knows sneezing. Great job Hiroyuki Yoshino, you did it again.

Haha, I find that ironic because my exact thoughts were, during that scene, "This is some pretty interesting exposition." Maybe I'm just too naive.

So you rather be told than be shown in an anime? Even what they told is not more intriguing or sophisticated than what a 13-year-old could come up with who is into military or politics but knows nothing more than what he has read from Wikipedia. I mean the most powerful weapon ever wielded by human is a huge black ball with some cannons or weapons of any kind sticking out from its surface like needles sticking on a ball of wool with the most generic name you can think of. Might as well call the next Sixth-generation jet fighter "Weapons". They don't even try to make them look cool or intimidating, no one questions the practicality of mobile suits because the designers always try to make them unique and nice to look at. This is a whole new level of laziness. We have some kind of laser weapons and very effective armor or some protective shield therefore totally justifies our completely unimaginative design. Oh I'm sure there's going to have some kind of pseudo-scientific explanation to why the Objects look the way it's now. But since when it has ever worked and not making everyone look like an idiot trying to bring realism to a world of obscurity? Anime logic. They don't even know how to be fun anymore. Everything is just a job comes with reluctant responsibility.
raveninthemuddleOct 3, 2015 11:09 PM
Oct 3, 2015 11:02 PM

Feb 2014
I was enjoying it until the excessive fan service kicked in. Seriously JC Staff have you forgotten to do a show without copious amounts of ecchi?
Oct 3, 2015 11:07 PM

Jun 2012
Im enjoying the boobs so far.
Oct 3, 2015 11:08 PM

Jun 2015
raveninthemuddle said:
So you rather be told than be shown in an anime?

That depends what the tradeoff is. Since they can't animate every scene in the novel, forcing the viewers to live with 5 minutes of "boring" exposition could be a good deal if it lets them animate a lot more of the "interesting" material.
Oct 3, 2015 11:30 PM
May 2009
raveninthemuddle said:
Even what they told is not more intriguing or sophisticated than what a 13-year-old could come up with who is into military or politics but knows nothing more than what he has read from Wikipedia. I mean the most powerful weapon ever wielded by human is a huge black ball with the most generic name you can think of. Might as well call the next Sixth-generation jet fighter "Weapons". They don't even try to make them look cool or intimidating, no one questions the practicality of mobile suits because the designers always try to make them unique and nice to look at. This is a whole new level of laziness. We have some kind of laser weapons and very effective armor or some protective shield therefore totally justifies our completely unimaginative design. Oh I'm sure there's going to have some kind of pseudo-scientific explanation to why the Objects look the way it's now. But since when it has ever worked and not making everyone look like an idiot trying to bring realism to a world of obscurity? Anime logic. They don't even know how to be fun anymore. Everything is just a job comes with reluctant responsibility.

Yeah, what I don't get is that, seeing as they can build such machines, couldn't use the technology and fit it onto more traditional platforms?

You know, maybe something like a warship? You could fit a lot more of basically everything (weaponry, propulsion, sensors, active and passive defense) on a ship than on an 'Object'.
And it would be way cooler.

Not to mention the ridiculous usage of AAMs and ASMs against a hardened target in the intro; modern anti-ship missiles aren't built to penetrate.

I'm willing to watch more just because the pilot is cute, and the hope there will be something that's at least cool. But I won't be getting my hopes up.
Oct 3, 2015 11:33 PM

Dec 2014
weewah said:
raveninthemuddle said:
So you rather be told than be shown in an anime?

That depends what the tradeoff is. Since they can't animate every scene in the novel, forcing the viewers to live with 5 minutes of "boring" exposition could be a good deal if it lets them animate a lot more of the "interesting" material.

So you are saying the production team can sacrifice the audience's comfort just because they can? I thought when you are making an anime you're supposed to make everything presentable, if they think the info-dump is a necessary evil then they should think of another way to prepare the audience for their anime, you are trying to entertain, not waiting for the paycheck.
Oct 3, 2015 11:48 PM
Jul 2018
I like it so far. It's so-so ^^
Oct 4, 2015 3:22 AM

Jul 2012
Hey lets start the episode by explaining everything for 5 minutes instead of showing something actually interesting and then later explaining things through the story.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Oct 4, 2015 3:35 AM

Dec 2014
We got an anime that present heavy objects as weapons of mass destruction that is made in island country from the sole purpose of world peace but in the end it just gotten worse for now the other faction can also made this big balls of mass destruction. So what gives? The situation didn't change. People are still killing each other in the name expanding it's territory power.
Oct 4, 2015 3:37 AM

May 2011
A setup episode, can't blame people who felt it was boring. Still, as a LN reader I really want everyone to give it a chance, at least until episode 3. Because if I remembered correctly, the next episode should see the action ramp up a notch, and people will be able to see just how awesome it could be. JC Staff seems to be giving a solid although not great adaptation, and if they don't mess up the action sequences this will definitely be a solid action series to tune in to every week.
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to give out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
Oct 4, 2015 4:02 AM

Aug 2013
That was really boring.
Oct 4, 2015 4:08 AM

Feb 2008
The backstory was interesting. Off to a slow start, though.
Oct 4, 2015 4:25 AM

Sep 2014
MORE DAKKA! . . .
anyways . . . a good slow start . . .
Oct 4, 2015 5:26 AM

Apr 2009
i'll Drop this show instead and i hate the girly Pilot screw her >:|
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 4, 2015 5:46 AM

Dec 2013
S'not a bad start to be honest. It's not like every single mech anime has to have mad explosions and battles from the first episode, no?

The back story seems interesting enough to keep watching, and the animation isn't bad at all.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 4, 2015 6:25 AM

Feb 2014
I am pretty sure that a moose not a deer

Why so many boring complains?
MroujeeeOct 4, 2015 6:28 AM
Oct 4, 2015 6:40 AM

Nov 2013
Milinda is kinda cute, not gonna lie.
Oct 4, 2015 6:47 AM

Apr 2009
and Seriously this anime is supposed to have more mecha action than M3 dosen't have
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 4, 2015 7:19 AM

May 2014
EasyGo-er said:
DatRandomDude said:

ITS THE FIRST FUCKIN EPISODE DONT ALREADY STARTS TO TALK ABOUT PLOTHOLES JESUS CHRIST.

Unexplained things in first episode = plotholes. Noobs throwing around words that they didn't even understand themselves.

smh.

Basically the reason why I don't do anime's episode discussion at all. First time commenting on one since forever. Be grateful! :D
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Also, Tokyo Ghoul is AWESOME. Especially :re.
Oct 4, 2015 7:21 AM

Dec 2014
For a Mecha Design. Heavy has the most indifferent and less creative mecha design ever. I thought Bokurano was using simple 3-D mecha design but this take the cake. A "Huge Ball" with barnacle like cannons sticking in it's body and decorated with bigger cannons? Wow even a kinder garden or elementary student can doodle it.
Oct 4, 2015 7:39 AM

May 2012
1st episode was ok. I like that blond girl
Oct 4, 2015 9:07 AM

Nov 2008
politoadboy said:
Why do the characters talk about their jobs and "the objects" as if they were introduced yesterday? These things are supposed to be integrated into society, and yet the characters provide convenient explanations for their jobs and how the objects work. Do they have these conversations every day? Too much exposition.
This.
I'm not even hyped for the action in the next episode. Lack of action honestly wasn't the biggest problem, this was. Maybe getting the infodump out of the way first is a functional if lazy idea, but it didn't even take care of the exposition. Even after all that info, the characters still spent the rest of the episode talking like "what if someone from the 21st century is listening".
Oct 4, 2015 9:12 AM

Jan 2013
this show is a god damn mess. I don't know if it was Funimation's subbing to blame for the terrible dialogue, but the flow was downright awful in some spots. One minute they're talking about something serious, and then it shoots into fanservice and cringe like it's a necessity. Oh and all of a sudden they're in a battle?

trainwreck of the season, right here.
Oct 4, 2015 10:39 AM

Feb 2008
Jesus Christ people, calm down. It's been ONE episode so far and you're all acting like it's the worst start ever. Plenty of shows had slow starts.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Oct 4, 2015 11:05 AM

Jun 2014
I have to agree this isn't the best episode, but this is only the first, like some have already said. Maybe it will get better in the later episodes. I hope to hear the ED Theme soon!!
Oct 4, 2015 11:27 AM

Jul 2015
gandalf8 said:
A setup episode, can't blame people who felt it was boring. Still, as a LN reader I really want everyone to give it a chance, at least until episode 3.

Haven't read the LN but that was my intention going into it. The episode overall was okay.

Machiavellism said:
Jesus Christ people, calm down. It's been ONE episode so far and you're all acting like it's the worst start ever. Plenty of shows had slow starts.

It's not like the first episode is going to be the next 11/10 anime all in itself. To shit on it after just one episode is a bit much.
Oct 4, 2015 2:06 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Not to derail but there are at least two other high school harem with skillful MC series this season (Gakusen and Rakudai). I really think those other series should be higher priority of hate than this series. At least this series compared to the other two:

-Lasted longer before fanservice kicked in the first episode. The fanservice did not involve the MC seeing the girl naked by accident unlike the other two series.
-Does not involve a high school with teenagers with superpower
-Two dudes as MC instead of a single one
-Has non-traditional mecha design, albeit physics-defying

Just by these observations alone this is already a more promising series so haters should really get their priority right and go on the other two forums instead.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 4, 2015 2:13 PM
Aug 2012
wakka9ca said:
-snip-

That really isn't fair you know..........all 3 are suffering from MAL's typical tendency of hating.

Besides the hate lessen quite a bit after the next 1-2 episodes.

Oct 4, 2015 2:16 PM

Nov 2012
What the fuck is this shit? How the fuck does shit stories like this get green-lit?

The part where the blonde girl got stuck on the chair and the fucking retard cunt MC went on for 1-2 minutes if to do anything and holding his [i]own fucking hand back[/i] was where I wondered about the intelligence of our species.

I don't even know anymore.....
Oct 4, 2015 2:25 PM

May 2015
one more hime this season....oh god
Oct 4, 2015 3:09 PM

Mar 2008
Worse than I expected. I liked the animation, MC is okay, female MC(?) seems boring. And the fanservice was out of place... I don't prefer to watch ecchi, but I don't mind watching ecchi series... and it doesn't seem to fit this series at all...

Gonna follow a few more weeks. Then I'll decide to drop or not to
Oct 4, 2015 4:37 PM

Apr 2013
Nice character design. Music is fine. Both male protagonists are also fine, especially Havia. The female one does not seem very interesting.

The fanservice is unnecessary and does not fit at the moment.
Oct 4, 2015 4:40 PM

Oct 2011
Whoa those Objects are OP OMG
Oct 4, 2015 5:08 PM

Feb 2015
its average , not bad but certainly not good
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
Oct 4, 2015 5:31 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
wakka9ca said:
-snip-

That really isn't fair you know..........all 3 are suffering from MAL's typical tendency of hating.

Besides the hate lessen quite a bit after the next 1-2 episodes.

Yes while all 3 suffer this one seems to have gotten the worse of the bunch. In any case, it's essentially useless to read/write anything here for the first few episodes.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 4, 2015 5:39 PM
Oct 2009
ElectricRed said:
Woah, awesome anime lol
-Mecha? Check.
-Girls with Nice oppai? check
-Action/ Military Stuff? Check
I can't wait to see more of this *Thumbs up*

Fuck off Haters :D

This! ^^
For me was the episodes okay, and makes me also hungry. lol
3/5 for this episode. :3
Oct 4, 2015 10:31 PM

Apr 2015
walldotfm said:
OP theme (i presume it is even tho it was played at the end) was pretty good and fitting.
Fanservice seemed unnecessary to me. The fanservice was a little unexpected.
Intro bit was nice, i like expositions.
For a start, it was okay.
Will see what goes on next week.

Agree with you,
Oct 4, 2015 11:12 PM
Aug 2012
wakka9ca said:
Yes while all 3 suffer this one seems to have gotten the worse of the bunch. In any case, it's essentially useless to read/write anything here for the first few episodes.

TBH it's getting more hate because of Index fans crying about not having a season 3 and mecha fans freaking out on it's non-conventional designs.

Oct 4, 2015 11:53 PM
Jul 2018
Wow didn't see that this was released, I just now watched it lol.

Anyway it was a nice episode, I'm looking forward to seeing more of the commander, she's awesome(hot).
Oct 5, 2015 2:08 AM

Mar 2015
Ultimate215 said:
Wow didn't see that this was released, I just now watched it lol.

Anyway it was a nice episode, I'm looking forward to seeing more of the commander, she's awesome(hot).

Oct 5, 2015 3:26 AM

Jul 2008
Hmmm...I was hoping for more as I researched the series beforehand every season but this is an average first episode. It's not a good start if the first impression is poor although I have seen tons of series starting poorly and ends on a high :)
Oct 5, 2015 4:50 AM

Apr 2015
....do they really need to be round shape? it's starting to annoy my thoughts......
#CHEXIT
Oct 5, 2015 6:05 AM

Apr 2014
the machine don't give any badass vibe look at all.
Oct 5, 2015 6:15 AM
May 2009
neolucaman said:
the machine don't give any badass vibe look at all.

It could've if it was a 10,000x bigger, had a superlaser, and was called the Death Star. But eh.
Oct 5, 2015 7:32 AM

Nov 2013
The current score for this on MAL is 6.66. Devil anime confirmed.
Oct 5, 2015 8:42 AM

Nov 2011
The first part of the episode is introductory, but interesting, middle and end a little slow and discursive, I was a little bored, especially the final I was not very clear. The plot seems to be about the classic struggle between the military, and who knows if it will be interesting not only to fill the fanservice and gag nosense. The potential is there, now must be authors not to ruin the good that is. The quality of the drawings is discreet, the CG is sufficient.
Oct 5, 2015 4:02 PM

Jan 2011
boobie girls and dope panzer? ^^ well, interesting scenario. i will continue watching this just for crazy military concept … okay … and that sweet pilot girl. =p
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

125 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 9:27 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

61 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 8:30 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

48 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

65 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2016

56 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 12:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.