Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 21, 2014 8:22 PM

Nov 2012
the ending part episode seems interesting, just little confused with the story though
Dec 21, 2014 8:48 PM

Dec 2013
That was ok, 3.5/5 for this episode, 5/10 for this series, horrible pacing, subpar animation, and poorly executed ideas, never been so bored since Mahouka. [I]Score may rise or drop upon further reflection.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 21, 2014 8:51 PM

Jun 2014
Jonesy974 said:

this show was a 4, maybe a 5 at BEST. That's not even an opinion.
To the one person who said "best show I've watched this season"...No. You need to either watch more shows or not have shit taste.

This post makes me sick.

Anyways, 8/10 show. I liked it, but animation was subpar.
Dec 21, 2014 9:45 PM

Jan 2008
Finally, it's over. And good riddance too. Just when it started to pick up in the season, I got instantly bored from all the predictable cliches they've started throwing around. The only reason I got into this show at first was the fact that the astronomy club was strange and for some reason dealt with problems with force, instead of doing any astronomy.

Sou pissed me the hell off. This all started because he was an indecisive prick. And when he finally gave an answer in one timeline, he turns Kaori down for the girl he just met!? Is this guy thinking with his penis!? This guy had the chance of a lifetime; to get with a childhood friend, a cute girl he obviously cares for, but instead turns her down for the girl he once saw naked and knows almost nothing about (as a teen anyway).

Sou made me want to punch him repeatedly in the nut sack just for being a little bitch.

Shit, Kenny with his fat-girl fetish is more interesting to watch than Sou being a wishy-washy asshole. Who does he think he is, Hououin Kyouma!?

If you think about it, Sou will literally create his own ideal girlfriend in the timeline that Kaori lives/doesn't enter a coma. Yui may as well be a dutch-wife considering how teenage Sou thinks of her. I can see it now.... "I think I will study to create an artificial human and name her Yui, because something feels missing in life. She will have the body of a teenage girl at her conception, and I will make love to her." Don't get me wrong, Yui is an interesting character and all, but she should not have been created at all (in the new timeline at least). There, I said it. Hate me all you want, Yui lovers. Kaori is forever alone in the new timeline. It's either that, or losing over a decade of her life by being comatose, or being dead. Damn, Kaori has has it the worst of it all, even more than Yui IMO with those being her only options. Being Kaori is suffering.

Damn you black box plot-device!

It's really too bad Airi and Nagisa get the short-end of the straw for character development...Kenny too I guess. I would have liked to see those two girls find happiness as well--as adults. Does Airi find happiness without Sou? Does Nagisa get married to that stuck-up jackass? Did Kenny's fat girlfriend cheat on him? All questions better off answered than "Will he, or won't finally he grow a pair of stones?" in Sou's half-assed love-life.

I think the only thing I enjoyed out of this series was Airi's unusual but sweet martial arts prowess.
Estoy_GordoJan 7, 2015 2:13 AM
Dec 21, 2014 10:34 PM

Nov 2012
This is not your normal romance when you get an arc for each girls to see their happy ending. Since from the very beginning of the show Sou not having any feeling for Airi or Nagisa. Well this is just what I got from watching the show from my perspective.
But the ending is fair, summing for us to buy the DVD or BD for the special or OVA for further explanation, despite knowing that maybe the visual will not be getting better than the tv version (for non-material reader/VN). Conclusion: An average. 6/10.
Dec 21, 2014 10:44 PM

Aug 2013
In this way ends the story, the last episode was only to hit some parts of the story and show the open future

But I feel that an expectation was left behind, with multiple routes to the protagonist follow, he ended up not staying with no girl, I felt as if he had failed in the game

Well, the anime in itself had high and low points, and may interest people who like to travel in time and romanticism involved, but without expecting anything grandiose ..
Dec 22, 2014 12:30 AM

Jun 2012
What an indifferent series.

Predictable, same old plot and weak characters.

Kaori was annoying.

3/10
Dec 22, 2014 8:22 AM

Aug 2014
Can someone tell me the VN true ending? I don't mind spoilers.

Thanks!
Dec 22, 2014 10:23 AM

Apr 2010
This ending was very unsatisfying it really feels incomplete.
Are we supposed to keep wondering about what happened next?
Over all the anime was ok would have liked to see more Yui.
Dec 23, 2014 10:22 PM

Dec 2012
The end is nice but I would have liked to know the future of Kaori, Sou and Yui in the "past world".

I liked this show because it talk about time travel. But I give it only 6/10 because the characters are not enough endearing (except Sou), the story doesn't seem to be completed and the beginning was a bit long to start.
Dec 24, 2014 7:54 PM

Dec 2013
6/10 good build up but the ending was so lacking like every other anime out there that has been releasing recently.
lots of story that was left unexplained too.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Dec 25, 2014 2:15 AM

Mar 2008
I like and would've prefer a Yui ending, the last scenes were so sad o(╥﹏╥)o

Dec 25, 2014 9:14 AM

Oct 2013
6/10 from me as well. Bad pacing was the biggest downfall of this rather promising show, IMO. Over half of it was mostly slice of life and while I wouldn't mind that, it didn't do really do much in terms of characterization, which is something that I believe slice of life moments should be primarily used for.

Another way to put it would be that we did get plenty of characterizations but it wasn't really needed since the characters aren't very interesting(maybe save for Yui) and in such cases, just a few eps showing their daily lives is enough.

Then of course, plot start's revealing itself way too late and as a result comes off as rushed & way too sudden when it could've well been foreshadowed better with subtle hints throughout the series.

Meh, it always annoys me when shows with good potential suffer from serious pacing issues. Will definitely check out the VN if/when it's translated though(I heard rumors there might be plans for that by Fuwa?).
Dec 26, 2014 12:47 PM

Oct 2007
I would love them to have chosen the conclusion more clearly. It was so cleared that they didn't have enough time to finish both side and then we got "it is up to your translation". Trying to pack Yui's route into Kaori's wasn't a good decision when they only have like a couple episodes left to work with.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 26, 2014 1:08 PM

Oct 2009
Eh, it was promising but didn't live up to it. First few episodes were boring as hell. Pacing is horrible. Character design and animation are wack and unforgiving.
Dec 26, 2014 3:52 PM

Sep 2012
There was so much potential in this. In the end, it wasn't executed well and flopped.
All those KaorixSou hints in the present and then he decides to fucking fall in love all the sudden with Yui? Ugh. At least future timeline is KaorixSou.
Ending did feel incomplete but the pacing got so damn slow that it got hard as hell to watch. 6/10
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Dec 28, 2014 11:56 AM

Aug 2009
Meh, that's all there is to say about this show :/
Dec 28, 2014 3:48 PM
Mar 2008
A very bad s;g ripoff.
Dec 29, 2014 2:37 AM

Jun 2013
I think I just understood everything AND the ending is NOT a happy one!
Ok, remember when Airi asked where the original Yui came from? It's this young Sou who will make her and send her back in time so he can be with her! And then everything will repeat again!!!

6/10. Was pretty slow in a few parts, but I managed to keep up and finish it.
Dec 31, 2014 2:56 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that I like, but not 100%, because it leaves open many discussion points.
Narratively thought was more tedious, however, if the did a great job,
presenting the narrative ideas different from what usually is, is something to appreciate.
Too bad it was so short the TV series and has had a very tight budget.
Inevitably I can only give it as a vote a 7/10!
As for the soundtrack with related opening and ending, I loved them.
Too bad the characters, have not been characterized for nothing, another flaw to be given to this production.
However I am happy to have viewed.
Dec 31, 2014 7:32 PM

Feb 2013
I like it. Good show.

Giving it an 8/10
Jan 3, 2015 6:54 PM

Apr 2012
I don't get that last scene ith the job questionnaire. I also want to know whether Yui brought Kaori out of her coma or if that was just fate. Like did stopping her from dying really help in that same timeline?
Jan 5, 2015 2:50 PM

Jun 2010
Trash
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 6, 2015 12:55 PM
Mar 2014
I like time traveling anime with a twist of romance such as steins:gate and this anime, i expected big things with this anime, aaand i shouldnt have. This anime had potential and they had to ruin it. Didnt like the ending one bit. The whole series was good until Yui disappeared.

6/10
Jan 6, 2015 5:37 PM

Jun 2013
It was okay for a romance anime based of a VN. The whole time-travel quantum tuning didn't make any sense. Kaori's character was irritating from the start, other characters were okay but nothing special except for Airi and Yui. Like the whole anime was trying to force Sou with Kaori without giving a damn about his feelings making it boring to watch. Present Sou was honest but the future Sou was being selfish. Predictable and obvious ending. 6/10.
Jan 12, 2015 2:43 AM
Oct 2012
MgMaster said:
6/10 from me as well. Bad pacing was the biggest downfall of this rather promising show, IMO. Over half of it was mostly slice of life and while I wouldn't mind that, it didn't do really do much in terms of characterization, which is something that I believe slice of life moments should be primarily used for.

Another way to put it would be that we did get plenty of characterizations but it wasn't really needed since the characters aren't very interesting(maybe save for Yui) and in such cases, just a few eps showing their daily lives is enough.

Then of course, plot start's revealing itself way too late and as a result comes off as rushed & way too sudden when it could've well been foreshadowed better with subtle hints throughout the series.

Meh, it always annoys me when shows with good potential suffer from serious pacing issues. Will definitely check out the VN if/when it's translated though(I heard rumors there might be plans for that by Fuwa?).

^ My thoughts exactly.
1. lack of character developments
2. MASSIVE lack of detail explanations including what those theories (quantum, schrodinger cat, w/e) does in the story
3. I might be wrong in this, but I can see that another girl's route trying to get adaptated (Nagisa) which does almost nothing related on the story
4. hanging ending, although I can imagine that the original source using such ending as well

Overall I still give this 8/10 because Yui caught my attention. She literally reminded me of
Jan 14, 2015 8:08 PM

May 2012
Quite lovely ending if you ask me, really made a great finish of this series! All in all this sure took me by surprise with the various aspects that I so enjoy in anime. I can't say much more than that I really enjoyed marathoning this anime! 9/10
Jan 15, 2015 3:57 PM

Feb 2013
I watched and finished this anime for one reason, and one reason only: Airi

I thought the ending was fitting for the anime. I think this kind of thing should have happened mid-anime though ( the whole "someone is missing" thing )

Time travel as a premise is always interesting, but it was not done well here. They would have had to switch perspectives and focus on Yui's struggle.

I will say it did do a fairly good job on the "friendship" scale. But for something that should have been a romantic time-travel drama... oh well.

3/10 (not good)

Jonesy974 said:
I literally cannot fathom how so many people are rating this so high. There have been some rational people, but wayyy too many are like OMG LOVED IT 9/10! Like what the fuck? Do you not have standards? So many 7-9 out of 10s. I'm not saying it was god awful. Definitely not as bad as say, Glasslip..
I thought Glasslip was better (5/10) Though I can't understand why some are giving this such a generous score either. Then again, this is out of the people that didn't drop it at the outset, so that might explain it a bit.
BurntJellyJan 15, 2015 4:10 PM
Jan 16, 2015 5:42 PM

Nov 2007
That ending saved me from hating this. weew. Thank God. I thought this would be my second worst anime. weew. Thankyou it did not! :)

I liked the ending. Liked. 'cause he ended up with Kaori. well, its the whole point of the story so i'll really find it painful if while saving Kaori he ended up with the girl he created to save the protagonist.
*sigh!* oh em. sorry for the rants.

So, i liked the story. It was good. Kind of confusing though but yes, if you'll think about it. It made sense.
The first Yui that was created was because of Sou who loved her. -- If this didn't happen, the SOU who loves YUI wont find a way to save her. 'cause he just continued the Yui they met to save her. still, its confusing i know demo.
the important part is the SOU who ended up with Kaori. He stuck with his path. He freakin' didn't give up. I feel sorry for Airi but weew. Kaori all the way! =.= hoho.

So there, from 4/10 because of episode 10 and 11, it went up to 8/10 for episode 12 and the whole story. :)
Jan 18, 2015 2:22 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty confusing, 6/10. VN translation is still underway..
Keep moving forward
Jan 25, 2015 5:31 AM

Jan 2015
GenT-san said:
Pretty confusing, 6/10. VN translation is still underway..

At start I also felt the same but understood the concept in the later half of the series
Jan 25, 2015 5:33 AM

Jan 2015
Definitely its was good Ending in a sad way unfortunately Yui is going to take some time to get with them will be finally together
Jan 25, 2015 12:38 PM
Jun 2014
Can somebody tell me if she ends up with Kaori or Yui in the VN? It seems that the anime's finale didn't follow the VN (for what I can tell reading the comments) =_=
Feb 7, 2015 5:18 AM
Jan 2015
Kirigaro92 said:
Can somebody tell me if she ends up with Kaori or Yui in the VN? It seems that the anime's finale didn't follow the VN (for what I can tell reading the comments) =_=
He ended up with
Feb 7, 2015 4:38 PM

Jul 2012
That plot development started way and WAY TOO LATE. As far as I know episode 1-7 was slice of life, and suddenly we get introduced in this "Steins Gate alike scenario". I don't know, the idea might have been good if it was implemented differently and not rushed in the last couple of episodes...

6/10.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Feb 12, 2015 7:33 AM

Jan 2012
lol @ typical MAL viewers getting confused watching this shit

brb already figured out 90% of plot from 5 seconds of 'future' scene they gave us in 3 EPs

as for anime itself, it was alright. way too predictable for someone like me

i'm highly biased on time paradox/time travel/parallel universe anime but this one was just meh

the president is best girl btw

7/10
Feb 21, 2015 6:53 AM
May 2012
I had a pretty vague understanding of the story. Kaori died in ep 1, then she was not in the next ep and it got me confusing. But then starting with episode 7 up to the last, that time travel and any other science terms appeared and i had to admit it got me really interested on what really happened and i was really impressed. I really looked forward to what's gonna happen without Yui in the last ep and was more than satisfied by the ending. Honestly, i was surprised.

8/10
Mar 6, 2015 9:05 AM

Jun 2009
meh, this show was nothing special. 6/10
Mar 15, 2015 12:46 AM

Dec 2010
FAQ on Ushinawareta's Time Traveling Logic

So the anime ended with Kaori's happiness. She is alive because of the merge effect. But all of this still don't make sense how it happened. So I'm posting this for myself to see if I get it lol.
Please remember this is all FICTIONAL and I am probably wrong on some points.

Timeline (click for full size)

[b] How does Merge Effect work? [/b]

[b] What is Quantum in this anime? How is it used in time traveling? [/b]

[b] What is Quantum Turing machine and Quantum oscillation? [/b]

[b] So, what happens in the end? Are there two universes with different results? [/b]

[b]Is the Future Kaori also Yui?[/b]

[b] You have too much times in your hand don't you?[/b]
Sigh....for now yes lol XD.
diamondketoMar 15, 2015 4:03 AM
Mar 19, 2015 3:30 PM

Aug 2007
^ I think that is a good recap for those who didn't get it, well done. Also great to see that there are some VN-readers here (thank you, MAL-posters, you never disappoint me!) to point out the (true) end that apparently wasn't in this one.

The first episodes made it quite clear to me that there should somehow be a connection with the main characters. Sadly, that took till episode 9 to unfold. Too slow, if you ask me. The thing is that it was very unclear in the beginning whether this was supposed to be a harem-anime or an actual romance anime. Only after the whole Kaori-thing it was suddenly all "it's either Kaori or Yui". WHAT HAPPENED TO AIRI best character ;_; I agree that this adaptation needed more episodes from Yui's PoV: it would give this ending so much more feels. Episode 12 didn't do anything to me, while 11 did. Also, animation was really woody and the backgrounds made me cringe, like when Future Sou was on the grass. Also that horribly short bed in which Future Kaori was... Someone never paid attention in shortening perspectives class. :'D
Tl;dr bad pacing, wrong directing choices, shitty art. Why the heck did I rate this an seven? It isn't a moe-show, at least. I liked it how young Sou actually developed a crush on Yui which was only possible through Kaori's accident.

Oh, and I am really disappoint Future Sou didn't end up with Airi :C I liked her even more as an adult, because I know she could be awesome in her youth.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Mar 23, 2015 6:30 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
6/10 to series. First half was so horribly boring for me :/ Like last 5 episodes or 4 became somewhat interesting. The latter part of series allowed me to raise score from 5 to 6. First half was just painful to watch.. I couldn't stand watching it legit from start to end, so I kinda watched it mostly by skips.

Stuff become interesting after graduation, starting with quantum theory.... ending was meh good enough. Kinda open-ended + a lot ended up under question mark.
Mar 29, 2015 11:24 AM

Jan 2014
Most of this show was boring, but ever since episode 9 it got alot better. I give this a 7/10
Apr 2, 2015 4:01 PM
Sep 2014
What a wast...i want my time back...

the main character is a dick ass..

plus the ending is stupid as shyet.

guy falls for teh girl he just met and saw nacked? please!

plus, am i the only one who sees that yui is kaori? yui gets a brain wave something even though the experiment failed and memories didnt transfer...she gets her personality and everything from kaori minus the memories. then the guy settles for the copy even though the yui is almost exactly like kaori? ungh...

2/10

do not watch
May 15, 2015 8:17 AM

Jan 2014
is that hard to prevent kaori from dying on bus accident? just hit her head with block or something and let her sleep in hospital for a week. it isn't like she'd die because something other than bus accident right?
Jun 28, 2015 8:12 AM
Aug 2013
Anyone ever play the VN?? please tell me how things end on VN? people said it's way better and happier, a short sentences will do, please tell me how it ends :(
Jul 16, 2015 9:27 PM
Aug 2014
You know, here's my thoughts on that ending:

What if in the timeline where Yui saved Kaori somewhere later down the road, Kaori ended up in that coma? Then, ten years later, she woke up and her and Sou had a child that would be Yui? That would probably be the best way to merge the timelines back together. XD
Aug 18, 2015 2:05 PM
Jun 2014
the name of the song of 12 : 40min ? please help
Aug 28, 2015 5:59 PM
Mar 2014
AcezHarfianz said:

Nice anime but honestly i don't satisfied with that ending. a few OVA about the epilogue maybe can help. 8/10

Today went out the ova
Sep 5, 2015 5:16 PM

Sep 2013
So he decides to study the field that the other Sou in the other timeline did? So he can make Yui again?
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Dec 19, 2015 10:43 AM

Apr 2009
This show is a bit underrated IMO.

Just one question: Who made the quantum box?

7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

62 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 20, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

62 by NoviSun »»
Jul 22, 2023 11:34 PM

» Low score??? ( 1 2 )

SakurasouBusters - Oct 19, 2014

57 by Crimson_poetry86 »»
Jun 10, 2023 3:46 AM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2014

46 by Gringo5959 »»
Sep 26, 2022 3:10 PM

Poll: » Which girl are you pairing Sou with?

sas4ha9 - Oct 4, 2014

14 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Apr 22, 2022 9:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.