Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2014 7:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, this was another tough episode. Jamie realizes the reality of war and that's not easy to take in. At the same time, both sides fight to a struggle. The Argevollen struggles quite a bit in fighting also. Ouch.

Overall, a pretty intense episode. Damn, juts be glad he isn't dead.
Oct 16, 2014 10:06 AM

Jan 2014
I hereby name this phenomenon The Curse of the Argevollen!
I though it'll take at least one more episode until the breakdown. Nice fight against the Strum, good movements
Oct 16, 2014 10:45 AM
Oct 2011
So... Tokimune's sister, or rather something what was left from her mind is in argevollen hmm.. it's similiar to Neon Genesis Evangelion! I want to see linkage depth around 150, because then Tokimune will change into fluid like Shinji! :D
Oct 16, 2014 10:50 AM

Oct 2009
Kierte said:
So... Tokimune's sister, or rather something what was left from her mind is in argevollen hmm.. it's similiar to Neon Genesis Evangelion! I want to see linkage depth around 150, because then Tokimune will change into fluid like Shinji! :D

I had the same thought XD
Oct 16, 2014 10:56 AM

Apr 2010
Last week they mentioned a syndrome connected to the use of the system and it's counterpart which Richthoven is currently piloting.
And it already takes effect this episode, to me it seems to be related with the linkage of the pilot and there machine.
I wonder if Richthoven will start having similar effects soon.
Oct 16, 2014 11:12 AM

Nov 2009
The NR syndrome looks to be a severe overstrain of the pilot's phyche which leads to the pilot going berserk, just like those unmanned units Tokimune's sister remotedly contolled did.

But there's also a high possibility of his sister's mind being used in Arge in some way, which would make sense considering Tokimune's question "Who are you?" in this episode and the top brass of Kivernas commenting in an earlier episode that Tokimune becoming Arge's pilot worked out better than what they could've expected with the originally designated pilot. Which likely means that the mind used for Storm belonged to a person dear to the woman who tunes Storm (I don't remember her name...), the person she wants to avenge (possibly that friend of Richthofen who died a few episodes back?)
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 16, 2014 12:03 PM

Nov 2013
Oh damn.
Tokimune really fucking raged this episode O_o
Anyway, Argevollen is starting to show its issues and Samonji forbids Tokimune from piloting Arge either to avoid another death like Tokimune's sister or to avoid future problems with Arge, or both. It seems like Tokimune doesn't remember shit either.

I wonder what happened to Richthoven, he took some serious damage too.

4/5
Oct 16, 2014 12:37 PM

Aug 2012
Very intense episode. The whole fight scene was once again very jarring and almost disturbing. I think Tokimune's time away from Arge will be important, and I have a feeling Richthofen will have a chance to catch up to him in terms of linkage depth. Though with that explosion you'd think his new model would be out of commission for a while.

CG said:
But there's also a high possibility of his sister's mind being used in Arge in some way, which would make sense considering Tokimune's question "Who are you?" in this episode and the top brass of Kivernas commenting in an earlier episode that Tokimune becoming Arge's pilot worked out better than what they could've expected with the originally designated pilot. Which likely means that the mind used for Storm belonged to a person dear to the woman who tunes Storm (I don't remember her name...), the person she wants to avenge (possibly that friend of Richthofen who died a few episodes back?)
All that seems quite likely with all the hints shown. I just wonder what could play out upon revealing that.
Oct 16, 2014 12:58 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I enjoyed this episode. The spirit of Eva Unit-01 was strong with this one! The seeiyu for Tokimune must have had a sore throat after doing this episode after all that shouting.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 16, 2014 1:26 PM
Mar 2014
Tense..really tense episode...cant wait to see whats going to happen next...

but am i the only one who taught that it sounded like he was trying to take a dump while in rage mode??? :D
Oct 16, 2014 1:45 PM

Jul 2013
jeez all that yelling...
tokimune is really going nuts
Oct 16, 2014 1:56 PM

Aug 2007
Great ep. I've been waiting for this to happen since they finish the Reika flashbacks. Man I'm excited for the next ep now! I wonder if the Captain will explain why he is taken him off Arge. Also I wonder if it is tied to his sister. It was pretty odd how the machine bonded with him so fast.

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 16, 2014 2:55 PM

Jun 2013
more drama this week but the action was good
Oct 16, 2014 3:10 PM
Dec 2012
Kriegersick? Hes not even piloting a krieger.

NR possible syndrome symptoms include - nausea, headaches as well as a change in temperament. The fact his sister may be in Argevollen may cause him to adapt or overcome these symptoms, I'm guessing? What of Richthofen though?

These last two episodes have been very good. Lots of action. Tokimune is fired up like never before. I complaining a few episodes back that Tokimune was not showing enough emotion when he was inside Argevollen. This episode he made up for it big time. Literally yelling for like 5 minutes.
Oct 16, 2014 3:34 PM

Feb 2013
That was packed with events:O really enjoyed this episode. Tokimume is banned...not for long probablyx)
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Oct 16, 2014 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
Tokimune is really raged in this episode.
Oct 16, 2014 5:23 PM

Jul 2013
Oh man FINALLY the series is starting to pick up. Took it long enough but hopefully sticking through with this completely meh anime will pay off in the end.

Richthofen is such a badass; i want him to kill everyone, seriously, payback for all those fucking episodes where they just sat around going to spas and shit.

Still though I really want more character development for the Ingelmia side.
They're a million times more interesting than the dried out stale characters we have to follow every week.

Oh well, at least this is finally starting to pick up. That mech battle was also really cool. Hope this doesn't slow the pace down.
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Oct 16, 2014 5:28 PM

Jan 2011
Seeing how Richthofen struggled with a raging Tokimune, his linkage depth should've gone up, too, leading to him encountering similar symptoms. Unless the group of companies behind those mechs already solved the original problem in Richthofen's mech, and just left it in in Argevollen to see if it indeed happens again etc.

Hope we see Richthofen struggle, too, and both armies realizing they'be been played.

Also nice that Namie was the one who noticed Jamie was showing a bit much, if it was Tokimune we would have to deal with awkward situations for the next 5 episodes.

Tokimune also wasn't scolded or reprimanded for his behaviour so far..forbidding him to pilot Argevollen is probably more to avoid having him suffer the same fate as his sister. Especially the captain can't want that - it's surprising enough that the last words of Tokimunes sister weren't something like "look after my brother" etc.

We'll see if he really gets "away" with it next episode...
NwAurionOct 16, 2014 5:32 PM
Oct 16, 2014 5:29 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Tokimune's continuous roaring was quite annoying. I know he's trying to be a badass, but that wasn't the right way to go about it.
In the end, all those punches didn't even scratch Richthofen a bit and he even lost Argevollen's arm. As pathetic as he was, I still commend him for trying his best.

Linkage depth reached 100% and nothing happened? Come on, we were all waiting for something epic to happen.
I guess it has to be over 9000%? XD

I saw the ending coming, but it must be shocking for Tokimune. There goes his slightest chance to be an awesome MC. Without Argevollen, doubt he can do much by himself.

Pretty good episode. So, did Richthofen die? I hope not. Actually, defeating him might get Tokimune some cool points later so there's still a chance?

Oct 16, 2014 7:19 PM

Jul 2014
Don't tell me it's mecha-linked-to the deceased thing again! Am I watching M3 : Sono Kuroki Hagane on this show too? -,-

That being said, actually I like this episode very much. Maybe I just like to see the MC suffering. Muahahahaha.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Oct 16, 2014 11:24 PM

May 2013
Gosh, Tokimune had a mental breakdown in this episode huh.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 17, 2014 1:41 AM

Aug 2013
Tokimune losing her mind and being controlled by Argevollen? I think I've seen this plot somewhere (who watched Evangelion will understand)
Does the enemy already been destroyed? I thought it would be the great adversary of Argevollen, I want see where this story goes ..
Oct 17, 2014 10:02 AM

Jul 2008
Shaniyaz said:
Tokimune's continuous roaring was quite annoying. I know he's trying to be a badass, but that wasn't the right way to go about it.
In the end, all those punches didn't even scratch Richthofen a bit and he even lost Argevollen's arm. As pathetic as he was, I still commend him for trying his best.

He didn't try to be badass, he just went berserk aka turned into a wild animal. It was obvious that he lost his ability to think and, once he woke up, we see that he obviously did not even know what happened.
Oct 17, 2014 12:44 PM

Mar 2009
Another solid episode of Argevollen.
Oct 17, 2014 12:55 PM

Apr 2012
Solid episode minus Tokimune screaming for a good third of the episode lol

Oct 17, 2014 1:41 PM

Jun 2014
The story is really starting to build momentum, i like it!
I cant wait to see how this all goes.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Oct 17, 2014 9:29 PM

Sep 2012
roaring tokumine in this episode is really annoying that brat need a bright slap :v

Oct 17, 2014 10:57 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
tiya_n said:
Don't tell me it's mecha-linked-to the deceased thing again! Am I watching M3 : Sono Kuroki Hagane on this show too? -,-

Let's hope not...though it is hinting towards that the Arge isn't just simply a piece of metal to be controlled by the pilot. "Who are you?" Yes, I want to know too. Or maybe the Arge is just another one of those AI ones (or something like that) that Tokimune's older sister had been experimenting with.

Jfc though, all that screaming. Must've been tough on Ohsaka's throat. So high linkage depth isn't actually a good thing :/
Oct 18, 2014 12:07 AM
Mar 2014
Dang Tokimune, poor thing. I started out disliking him a bit when he was cocky but as he slowly straightened up, I started liking him more and he's alright now. A much more likeable character though a little cockiness isn't bad if it can be backed up!

Liked the episode overall. Fight was intense seeing as he really got into it and went all out. Not sure how I felt about hearing him scream for 5 minutes while everyone was really worried about him but it got the point across. I wonder what kind of sickness you get. Seems like it affects the CNS but we don't have much atm. Other than that, wonder if the Ghost is really dead and what the Captain has in mind.
Oct 18, 2014 11:26 AM

Dec 2013
Tokimune goes full Ikari Shinji on the Blondie. Well, admittedly that would have been the only way he stood a chance... and even then he gets de-limbed so easily. I feel so sorry for Argevollen.

I hope Richthofen survived that, because he needs to really beat Tokimune's cocky ass more. Hiding an illness before battle is basically shooting your superior officer and all his planning in the foot. Tokimune still has that stupid "Hero" mentality. Taking Argevollen away from him is the best option if you ask me.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 18, 2014 5:00 PM

Sep 2011
lol, and here i though linkage 100 was gonna be some max power double edged sword, turns out shit goes way over 100

great episodes, i finally could say those words about this show

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 19, 2014 7:31 AM
Apr 2014
- haha Lorenz is awesome! His comments are just priceless xD

- What is up with some studios and their endless screaming in battles... Yes it's the best way to show someone lost control but half of what we actually got would have been sufficient, too.

- The end was kinda unexpected from this show. I'm not talking about the Tokimune not being allowed to use Argevollen but actual moment and what happened before that. What were they talking about in the hallway? What happened after the battle? I can't remember any episode which ended with so many things left open but then again it's a 2-course so maybe I've just forgotten by now >.>
Oct 20, 2014 3:17 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Episode pretty, I would have preferred a moment more of action is to see the two beating each other mecha thrashing, with consequent damage, however nothing, oh well!
Narration good, good construction of the plot and characters "still" interesting.
The highlight foresaw a déjà vu, but there was, great!
One flaw to be corrected, the drawings are really scarce.
I look forward to the next episode.
Oct 20, 2014 11:21 AM

Jul 2012
neon genesis argevellon
Oct 20, 2014 9:42 PM

Jul 2013
he didnt depth hard enough
this is just like ghoul "Even if it costs you an arm or a leg, you must kill the enemy"
well 1 arm was pulled off and the other one is fucked, he did good, loved the fight, the wailing was fun
Just an anime fan, doing what an anime fan does
Oct 22, 2014 4:30 AM

Jan 2011
Well that was intense.
Nov 7, 2014 7:02 PM

Jun 2011
Terrible. It's starting to feel different from the initial premise. If Tokimune was voice by Yuki Kaji I wonder how many people would've shit on him.

Edit: By terrible I mean the direction the show took, not the episode itself.
ToG25thBaamNov 7, 2014 7:35 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 15, 2014 3:37 PM

Dec 2013
yaaaay, kinda happy i didn't drop this a lot earlier...
although this is a fairly average anime i still enjoy it to an extent (enough to keep watching clearly).

i wish all the fights were like this. was cool to see some relatively extended mech on mech action, huehueh

poor tokimune, i can't see how he could roar for so long without fainting (i really like the use of roar here, because as others have said, he really was an animal this ep) . i mean, with all that roaring, when was he actually breathing? haha
Jan 12, 2015 6:10 AM

Jul 2012
It really bothered me that they showed the the status team instead of the fight scene 90% of time nonetheless decent episode
הלב שלי כבר מת
Jan 26, 2015 6:07 PM

Dec 2008
Revenge? Seriously?! This is WAR! Ain't nobody got time for that!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 25, 2015 1:44 PM

Apr 2014
wow my heart is racing i will take a break
what a amount of rage wow
this is so good i love it
didn´t expect this it is (....no words....):O
Apr 12, 2016 4:51 AM

Aug 2013
This was a good fight. The rage meter just overloaded.
Tokimune's screaming voice is much better than the girls' moaning back then.
I don't get what Suzushiro and Samonji were going on about though.
Totally lost there, wish they wouldn't chew on their words.
Oct 9, 2016 8:04 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Susume lost the head inside the Argevollen when he was fighting!!!! And now, what? will he have future???
Jan 16, 2017 1:22 AM

Nov 2013
Tokimune going berserk was quite terrifying.

I'm quite sure, that something of his sister is left in Argevollen's system.

I wonder, how McDoucheface will react, when he reaches that point. He's already a lunatic after all.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

72 by oooo3333 »»
Dec 6, 2020 12:07 AM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2014

31 by oooo3333 »»
Nov 25, 2020 1:21 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

74 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 16, 2017 7:10 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

76 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 11, 2017 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

91 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 10, 2017 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.