Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2010 10:48 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Didn't like this episdoe very much... probably the weakest in the series, lacked way too much credibility, even by Lupin III?s standards.
Dec 20, 2011 9:32 AM

May 2010
Lol, this is what they thought of computers in the 70's? I find the lack of credibility makes this episode feel charmingly dated, but perhaps that's just me...
“Money can't buy dere”
May 27, 2014 12:53 AM

Jul 2008
Oh its dated all right. If Zenigata wasn't so stubborn but wanting to catch Lupin in his antiquated way, he would have been caught. Lupin and him are a lot alike in that way.
Jun 12, 2014 9:45 PM

Jan 2014
Zenigata's hastiness saved Lupin this episode.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 22, 2014 6:45 PM

Apr 2012
I really enjoyed this one, didn't find it any less credible than a regular episode. The only parts that took me out of it were where they find two mannequins in a police department, but you find that sort of contrivance in most every episode (usually the over-reliance on wearing lifelike masks that fool everyone and their mother).
Mar 5, 2019 7:23 AM

Oct 2012
70's computer looked so menacing xD

I mean computer is better used for calculation or anything using logics
Predictions are not for computer since they can't calculate or even use logics
"Signature removed"
Apr 25, 2019 3:57 AM

Sep 2011
Pretty cool episode. The accurate calculations of a machine against Lupin's genius, huh. Well, Lupin underestimated the computer at first, and it prevented them from getting the money. But as soon as he realized that it was a worthy foe, he decided to rely on a whim and won against it.

Oh, and I love how Goemon was calm even in the cell while Jigen panicked. it isn't that he underestimated the computer, I think it's more like he couldn't understand its 'power'. He is the "weak link" of the team when it comes to technology after all. xD Zenigata struggling to go along with the computer's prediction instead of jumping at the disguised Lupin was funny too, and that Gordon was kind of charming. lol
Dec 4, 2019 2:44 PM

Feb 2017
I wonder how good quantum computers are at "predicting crime" nowadays. With personality / psychologically driven profiles on everyone who uses the internet, they could probably get quite close to figuring out when someone would commit a crime.
Dec 10, 2019 1:26 PM

Jun 2015
lol nice 70s computer. Plot twist: it was just a very logical person inside it.
Zenigata was completely jealous of the machine, to the point of being stubborn and careless yet again.
Sep 10, 2020 6:13 AM

Aug 2018
A funny episode. Of course everyone is talking about how such advanced computer couldn't exist in the 70s but that doesn't matter because Lupin outsmarted it anyway
Dec 12, 2021 6:53 AM

Sep 2018
The machine against man, a challenge that has existed since the dawn of time, at least since they were created by man. Not exactly exciting this episode, a little too hasty, but it gives us the pulse of how far the possibilities are still that computers can overcome man in all respects. I was a bit surprised when Gordon's character gave Inspector Zenigata anachronistic, eheheheehheehhh !!! It is something that this situation has never failed over the years, even now we would give the anachronism to those who are not in step with the times.
Jul 10, 2022 3:47 AM

Mar 2020
Interesting to see that Miyazaki's distrust of industrialisation goes this far back

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III Episode 23 Discussion

Veethorn - Jul 18, 2010

37 by Absurdo_N »»
Oct 5, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Lupin III Episode 20 Discussion

Fronzel - Sep 4, 2012

15 by Absurdo_N »»
Oct 5, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Lupin III Episode 16 Discussion

Veethorn - Jul 4, 2010

17 by Absurdo_N »»
Oct 4, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Lupin III Episode 15 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Apr 22, 2012

27 by Absurdo_N »»
Oct 4, 6:14 PM

Poll: » Lupin III Episode 14 Discussion

Veethorn - Jul 2, 2010

41 by Absurdo_N »»
Oct 4, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.