Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
May 25, 2014 11:03 PM
Oct 2013
This series simply gets better each episode.
May 26, 2014 1:43 AM

Apr 2008
konatachan80 said:
She appearead to leave the card..upwards, if that is some kind of hint.
I would assume death or something similar.
Loser and forfeiter's Lrig probably just fly off to the next sucker.

About the originals, can anyone pulled up a calculation about Wixoss' sustainability ?
Had a hunch that the kill rate is higher than the replenishment rate (Lrig returning after their previous selector is defeated, new card replacing the one who fulfilled a wish)
But I don't have a formula to proof it

If the consumption is higher than the replenishment, then there should be new Lrig popping out all the time to keep the game running.
May 26, 2014 11:31 AM

May 2012
wtf...
May 26, 2014 2:32 PM

Apr 2013
mattz205 said:
wtf...

^ The same reaction I had at that last moment of the episode.

It's a "lose-lose" type of game.
May 26, 2014 5:25 PM

Sep 2012
konatachan80 said:
Compl3te said:
so, Yuzuki doesn't have her memories anymore...

Where did you see that Yuzuki lost her memories?

She most likely didn't, if the other lrigs (except Tama) is anything to go by.
when Hanayo and Midoriko were talking about how Tama has not regained her memories yet, that implies that all LRIGs lose their memory when they become a Magical Girl because it's implied that Hanayo AND Midoriko both lost their memories too but seemed to have regained them quicker than Tama.

edit...

besides, her losing her memories really doesn't effect much accept it will prolong the lost connection between Yuzuki and Hitoe. the real mind blower is if Yuzuki and Hitoe switch places and Yuzuki retains her memories of her past life in her original body, then she can pursue her brother in Hitoe's body.
Compl3teMay 26, 2014 5:29 PM
May 26, 2014 6:02 PM
May 2014
Compl3te said:
when Hanayo and Midoriko were talking about how Tama has not regained her memories yet, that implies that all LRIGs lose their memory when they become a Magical Girl because it's implied that Hanayo AND Midoriko both lost their memories too but seemed to have regained them quicker than Tama.

edit...

besides, her losing her memories really doesn't effect much accept it will prolong the lost connection between Yuzuki and Hitoe. the real mind blower is if Yuzuki and Hitoe switch places and Yuzuki retains her memories of her past life in her original body, then she can pursue her brother in Hitoe's body.

Unless the asenshi translation is wrong, she said "she doesn't know", not that "she doesn't remember
yet" (ep 4, 10:49). It has been said several times that she has some missing memories, which
apparently is a bit unusual. If it was a normal thing, then they wouldn't comment on it.

Well, yes she could, but it probably wouldn't work because the result of her own wish is in the way.
I mean, who do you think he sees as Yuzuki? Hitoe, or Yuzuki's old body?
konatachan80May 26, 2014 6:24 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
May 26, 2014 8:12 PM

Mar 2014
I dropped this at episode 5 because I just can't stand the characters. But, from what I read here apparently it's getting better. Maybe I should try watching this again?
May 26, 2014 8:39 PM

Feb 2014
LLawlied said:
I dropped this at episode 5 because I just can't stand the characters. But, from what I read here apparently it's getting better. Maybe I should try watching this again?

I can't say you will like it or not, in it is true the characters is annoying as hell.

But what i can say is the story itself is getting better.

You can try and give it one more chance. At least from my perspective this show didn't betray my patience.
May 27, 2014 12:38 AM
Jul 2013
What an effing mind-blowing plot twist. I can't even tell where the show is going anymore. I hope this comes out on DVD so I can buy it.

Damn, being a Selector is hard life I'm telling you. Oh yeah and I don't think that incest love between Yuzuki and Kazuki is going to keep on for long lol.
omwgMay 27, 2014 12:42 AM
May 27, 2014 2:52 AM
May 2013
I had a feeling this was going to happen how the LRIG and Selector switches places. Made it even more obviously after Yuzuki started talking more differently.

I wonder if Hitoe will regain her memoeries now, and tell Ruko that Yuzuki is now a LRIG. I wonder if Kazuki will also find out.
May 27, 2014 3:27 AM

Mar 2014
MShukyDeneuve said:
LLawlied said:

I can't say you will like it or not, in it is true the characters is annoying as hell.

But what i can say is the story itself is getting better.

You can try and give it one more chance. At least from my perspective this show didn't betray my patience.

Ah, ok then, might try giving it a chance when it completed. I kind of intrigued by the premise, though.
May 27, 2014 5:20 AM

Jan 2011
This would be so much better if it wasn't some shitty card game they had to play. They might as well have just made it actual fights, but hey they gotta advertise that merchandise somehow.
May 27, 2014 6:38 AM

Feb 2007
ReaperCreeper said:
This would be so much better if it wasn't some shitty card game they had to play. They might as well have just made it actual fights, but hey they gotta advertise that merchandise somehow.

I can understand not liking card games, but how would you imagine them in actual fights? Especially someone like Hitoe, or even worse, the sick girl who lost to Iona and Akira...
May 27, 2014 12:08 PM

Aug 2013
This episode blew my mind.

This show is so underrated.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2014 4:08 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm so she went and became a card.. a part of her. And her other part has got to have the wish... I don't really get it.
May 27, 2014 4:09 PM

Jan 2011
nice turn of events. someone finaly gets the third win, but something is completly wrong … i like it, how the show went on a dark and kinda hopeless track. ah, i liked the darker background art from the beginning, they give a great dark atmosphere. its obvious, who will break this game. ^^ i like it, that piece after piece of the strange rules came to light. thats good production.
May 27, 2014 5:08 PM

Nov 2013
ReaperCreeper said:

Thats not even the problem. They barely show the fights. They could be amazing if they focused more on it, but they went with the psych drama approach.

And theres a 2nd season, so who knows. They may use that to focus more on the action. There can only be so much drama in this setting.
May 27, 2014 5:36 PM

Dec 2010
So, the only way to win is to not play?

Great development, wasn't completely unexpected but it was handled amazingly.
May 28, 2014 6:12 AM

Apr 2014
I suspect Iona to take the role of the secret hero here. It is quite obvious that the game is cursed or maybe "infected" in some way. Striving to get one's own wish fulfilled will just drag in other people into this wicked system, as happened to Yuzuki recently.

So perhaps Iona is not fighting for her wish, but rather against the system. Or this IS her wish, which could also explain, why she seems to know way too much already, since it would be needed to fulfill it. Also she seems very overpowered and has defeated plenty of other Selectors, yet there is no hint that she had any wish fulfilled. She even acts very cold towards her own LRIG which might indicate that she knows about the contract and doesn't want to get involved.

So far it seems like the only way out is to lose 3 times and Iona's goal is to defeat every Selector to break the cycle. This way they "only" get their wish reverted instead of having their soul taken.

As for Ruuko, her sudden talent and enthusiasm about this game, despite the circumstances, is more than fishy. Someone mentioned this here already: In the very first scene of the first Episode you can see (or maybe rather guess) Tama and Urisu fighting. At the end Tama's hair falls down to her shoulders and she starts crying. She pretty much looks and sounds similar to Ruuko here. It's weird enough that she actually is able to talk so fluently. So maybe Ruuko started off as LRIG and switched places with Tama. Maybe they even switch places all the time, since they both seem to love battles so much.

There was also Ruuko's mother who abandoned her. Either she is punished by the game in some way similar to Hitoe or she is creeped out of Ruuko's weird personality changes, caused by the Wixoss contract.

What still confuses me though, is the fact that the game seems to be rather new, so there shouldn't be too much of a background story. Unless the story didn't start as a game, but as reality and maybe someone wished for Wixoss to turn into a card game instead. Could explain Ruuko's nightmare with the black Tetris-tower and that Monster-Tama(?).
May 28, 2014 7:06 AM

Dec 2012
I can totally imagine Akira with a chainsaw by the end. "Aki-rrrrrrrrrrrrrrev it up!"

This show has a very strong atmosphere and really knows how to make use of it. Everything felt off at the scene where Yuzuki is trying to seduce Kazuki and I don't mean the incest. It just seemed like she was no longer herself which was confirmed by the ending. The moment Hitoe's mother pulled out that red Wixoss deck my eyes widened, goosebumps crawled all around me and a chill invaded the back of my neck.

This also adds many new questions and speculation which Dangaardo has done a great job touching up on. Namely about why Ruko is such a natural at the game and perhaps even why her mother thought she was scary.
May 28, 2014 7:13 AM
Jan 2010
but if hanayo is in the body now, then the wish didn't even come true? the whole game is total bullshit
May 28, 2014 8:40 AM
Sep 2013
WoW. That the only thing I can say.
May 28, 2014 9:30 AM

Nov 2007
Dangaardo said:
I suspect Iona to take the role of the secret hero here. It is quite obvious that the game is cursed or maybe "infected" in some way. Striving to get one's own wish fulfilled will just drag in other people into this wicked system, as happened to Yuzuki recently.

So perhaps Iona is not fighting for her wish, but rather against the system. Or this IS her wish, which could also explain, why she seems to know way too much already, since it would be needed to fulfill it. Also she seems very overpowered and has defeated plenty of other Selectors, yet there is no hint that she had any wish fulfilled. She even acts very cold towards her own LRIG which might indicate that she knows about the contract and doesn't want to get involved.

So far it seems like the only way out is to lose 3 times and Iona's goal is to defeat every Selector to break the cycle. This way they "only" get their wish reverted instead of having their soul taken.

Iona keeps maintaining her perfect model image, by letting Uris do all the sneering and badmouthing. I get the impression that if Iona allowed herself to be more naughty like Uris, she'd be an mugen shoujo. I think she knows that, and deliberately refrains.
Maybe she's looking for a worthy opponent against who she can battle forever. Or maybe she can only reveal her true self with a worthy opponent. At the moment, it doesn't look like she's interested in winning.

Dangaardo said:
As for Ruuko, her sudden talent and enthusiasm about this game, despite the circumstances, is more than fishy. Someone mentioned this here already: In the very first scene of the first Episode you can see (or maybe rather guess) Tama and Urisu fighting. At the end Tama's hair falls down to her shoulders and she starts crying. She pretty much looks and sounds similar to Ruuko here. It's weird enough that she actually is able to talk so fluently. So maybe Ruuko started off as LRIG and switched places with Tama. Maybe they even switch places all the time, since they both seem to love battles so much.

There was also Ruuko's mother who abandoned her. Either she is punished by the game in some way similar to Hitoe or she is creeped out of Ruuko's weird personality changes, caused by the Wixoss contract.

What still confuses me though, is the fact that the game seems to be rather new, so there shouldn't be too much of a background story. Unless the story didn't start as a game, but as reality and maybe someone wished for Wixoss to turn into a card game instead. Could explain Ruuko's nightmare with the black Tetris-tower and that Monster-Tama(?).
I also got the hunch that Ruuko is a LRIG. Something along the line of either Tama or her grandma wishing for Ruuko's happiness, it backfired, and the wish turned into an LRIG. I think grandma is connected somehow, as she's able to beat Ruuko everytime, while Ruuko is considered a strong player.
May 28, 2014 3:26 PM

Sep 2012
As soon as I saw Yuzuki shrink to the size of Hanayo I knew she was gonna end up in the card in place of Hanayo. MAN this anime is dark as shit. ene
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
May 28, 2014 8:09 PM

Jun 2013
Eternal GIRL = Eternal LRIG ?

And the LRIG probably wants their selectors to battle so they can get back to the human world? I mean, if the switching places theory is true ofc.
May 28, 2014 11:56 PM

May 2013
kurocchi_ said:
Eternal GIRL = Eternal LRIG ?

And the LRIG probably wants their selectors to battle so they can get back to the human world? I mean, if the switching places theory is true ofc.

Ah, LRIG is an anagram of GIRL !? That's a great discovery.
I'm wondering how many selectors in this world.
The card game WIXOSS has five colors but there are more than seven selectors in this anime. Their deck color is: Ruuko = white, Yuzuki = red(her family name includes a kanji character meaning 'red' color), Hitoe = green(her family name includes a kanji character meaning 'plant'), Iona = black, Akira = blue(Aoi includes 'blue'), Chiyori = blue too, an ill girl = ?.
Only blue deck has two selectors and LRIGs, I think white, green, black can have second LRIG.
cml-p
Jun 1, 2014 1:07 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, even Kyuubey are better than this. At least, Kyuubey wish really realise, those girls wish... They just go to the Lrig. Also, it took me a lot of time (and to read a post) to understand what lriG meant... (''Girl'' , lriG)
Now everything make more sense.

Anyway, that's fucked up. There's no way to be a winner, in any way, someone else is gonna live your dream.

Akira scar is pretty nasty :P
Though, she deserved it, that bitch. I wonder if she'll make a comeback with another card.

You know everyone lose in the end, but if everything is leading to Ruuko wishing an apocalypse, then she would be the winner, since she would have fulfilled her wish and everyone would be dead, so she wouldn't become an lriG :)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 1, 2014 7:04 PM

Jul 2009
wow... the LRIG thing finally came to me lol.
Jun 3, 2014 6:26 PM

Dec 2013
That transformation into an eternal girl was epic... And creepy.. But WTF Yuzuki is a LRIG now?
"Me ni wa me wo, ha ni wa ha wo, aku ni wa aku wo."
Jun 10, 2014 1:55 PM

Jul 2009
I believe Yuzuki's wish would turn true without she wishing for it, seems that Kazuki was kinda seeing her like she used to see him...but them, she and Hanayo changed places! What a surprise! So all eternal girls become a LRIG.
Jun 17, 2014 6:35 AM

Aug 2013
This Anime is starting to come together... good episode.
Jun 23, 2014 2:45 AM

Aug 2013
Wow. I just realized that LRIG is the word "girl" spelt backwards.
I guess being Eternal Girl just means being trapped as a LRIG.

Now the mirror scene with Yuzuki and Hanayo in the OP has a whole different meaning. ._.
Jun 25, 2014 1:35 AM
Feb 2007
HOLY! I so did not expect that ending. asfdgh So everything make sense now... or so I think.

Also, Hanayo x Yuzuki <- I will go down with this ship <3
Jun 25, 2014 6:02 AM

Apr 2007
I ship the incest just to go in record
Jul 1, 2014 1:12 PM

Oct 2013
Insert meme *this is my fetist
XD haha crazy fucking plot twist
maybe the real one is trapped in the card and a fake on is out there ?
what is going on !!!!
[/quote]
Jul 15, 2014 5:45 PM

Nov 2012
Holy shit I never expected this anime to successfully pull off the psychological aspect. This did it for me! And then I realized that LRIG is Girl flipped around. It makes sense now!
Jul 22, 2014 2:13 AM
May 2012
See, that's why in the opening song, their LRIG were shown on the mirror, because if you put the word "LRIG" on the mirror.....it will become GIRL. Damn, that's pretty good.
I always thought that Eternal/Infinite Girl sounds lame.......but now I understand.
This show is pretty good. Those who are complaining why they are not explaining how the game works, this is why they don't. It's complicated shit.
Aug 20, 2014 4:10 PM

Dec 2008
Wait. What?! Then who the hell is that about to seduce Kazuki?

So, becoming an "Eternal Girl" means that you become a playable card in the WIXOSS game? WOW!! These girls have been lied to.

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 21, 2014 5:05 AM

Aug 2013
What the heck !?!! Now that's a plot twist !!!
Holy... I wasn't expecting that seriously. This is creepy alright.
By the way.. Akira-chan gonna become a serial killer now ? Hahaha.
Aug 26, 2014 5:51 PM

Sep 2011
Holy damn!
Oct 31, 2014 1:18 AM

Jun 2008
Holy shit....this is some fucked up shit right here...

This is definitely Madoka-tier...
Nov 20, 2014 4:15 PM

May 2012
Hoho did she just became another selector and did her wish came true? Crazy development but I sure love it! Let's see what's next.
Dec 1, 2014 1:36 PM

Jan 2011
I expected Yuzuki to turn into a card or some shit, but now they're two of them!
Confused like shit, something is very wrong, where is the catch?! ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 24, 2014 1:23 AM

Sep 2014
HOLY SHIT.

This (not anime, the situation) fucking SUCKS. I'd rather be a magical girl in the Madoka universe, omg.

Heh, I was wondering why they decided to call those cards LRIGs. I was like "dafuq" but DERP, LRIG = GIRL.

Yuzuki looks good as a LRIG. So if Hitoe and Yuzuki switch places...Yuzuki can legally marry her brother in Hitoe's body...wish fulfilled! Right? .... :/
SaveTheAralSeaDec 24, 2014 1:28 AM
Jan 5, 2015 8:34 AM

Jul 2013
Omg, this show just changed drastically!! My mind has just exploded by the truth being revealed.
Mar 13, 2015 3:11 AM

Sep 2014
No! No! WHY?!

When I saw the white card falling after their battle, I thought maybe... but no, it was just too cruel! To think it actually happened, just when they were getting along so well!

That was absolutely devastating...
Mirai, zura~!
Jul 17, 2015 4:17 PM

Mar 2013
Damn. Figures that it wouldn't be as good as they were hoping with those wishes. So now it's Hanayo inhabiting Yuzuki's body, fulfilling the wish (right? pretty sure that was Hanayo's VA).

What will happen when/if Ruuko wins? Tama gets to battle everyone (forever)? That might be... bad, I think. Thing is, I'm not gonna forget that piece of creepy Tama vision that Ruuko had before. Plus Tama looks pretty crazy at one point in the OP. Juuust sayin'.
Jul 21, 2015 11:21 PM

Mar 2015
Wait wait wait. What the fuck happened.

WHOA WHOA WHOA. So Hanayo is Yuzuki and Yuzuki is Hanayo? The fuck? HANAYO U LIAR!!! So WIXOSS only benefits the card?

Aug 12, 2015 3:01 AM

Feb 2015
Lemme get this straight, the whole purpose of Wixcross is for the cards to trick Selectors into winning thrice so they can switch places with them?

This is great!
Sep 28, 2015 2:13 AM
Jul 2018
Well damn. What the hell just happened at the end? Yuzuki is an LRIG now? But...how is she still in the real world? Thinking back on the ways things were worded earlier in the series, I think this is an artificial copy of Yuzuki in the real world and "real" Yuzuki is now an LRIG. That's pretty messed up. I bet Yuzuki's former LRIG is gone for good now. (thus why she was crying at the end)

I originally thought that if you lost you became an LRIG. Or if you won, and the whole system was a lie. But this.....was not expecting a copy to be created. That's interesting and all sorts of ramifications down the line.

Especially since I still think something is up with Ruuko and Tama. Tama has to be her sister or split personality or something. I wonder what Ruuko, as the "Chosen One" is supposed to do. As long as her wish doesn't end up being to rewrite the system of the game or destroy it completely. That would just be a cop out and be too Madoka-y for me.

And Hitoe...this ought to be interesting. I honestly originally thought she was going to end up committing suicide, and that would really hit hard for everyone else the effects of losing the game. But now she's back in it.....i'm not sure how I feel about this. If done right, it could be really interesting. I wonder what her new wish will be?

Oh, and...
Ruuko = Madoka
Iona = Homura (kinda of....like reverse Homura...maybe)
Yuzuki = Sayaka
Akira = Kyouko
Hitoe = ????......Mami? No, that doesn't work. Oh well. 4/5 ain't bad.

Sorry, I love both series, but I can't help but compare them.
removed-userSep 28, 2015 2:18 AM
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

250 by JustHarris34 »»
Feb 13, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

249 by Homurice »»
Jan 14, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

97 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2014

150 by yhagni »»
Aug 11, 2022 11:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.