Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Pokemon XY Special Episode: The Strongest Mega Evolution - Act I Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2014 7:20 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's a Mega Evolution bonanza.

I like it how the Mega Stones are accessories for the Pokemon. Was wondering how they'd do the hold items at least for these stones. Gives the Pokemon a more definitive style than just their plain vanilla look.
Quite a good voice cast as well. Ono Kensho, Yamadera Kouichi and Yoshino Hiroyuki.

Alan is quite the great character. Cool, strong and caring for his Charizard. Can he just replace Ash? I lol'd at when that guy with the Garchomp said that Charizard isn't a Dragon type.
It's been rough but it finally became a Dragon in Gen VI lol.
Manon always slipping even on flat roads lol. A boy or a girl? I honestly can't tell lol.

And they reaaaaalllly love to pit Charizard and Blastoise in fights. Goes way back in RBY I guess. The fights were pretty good and well animated. Especially love that Dragon Rush final attack from Blastoise.
I'm guessing that stone is for Charizard Y since his stone reacted to it. Would be fun if he can pick any form. And there's more to this I guess given that ending.

Full series when?
Gonna add the characters in the database for the meantime.
belatkuroApr 4, 2014 10:48 AM
Apr 4, 2014 1:30 PM
Jun 2011
in the end befiore the credits they showed a little of the plot that going to be in the main anime but it will take time bfore they will come
Apr 5, 2014 1:45 AM

Dec 2013
> Manon mentioned Ash as a foreshadowing of Alan and Ash's eventual meet up
>Alan will meet Ash when they face off against Lysandre.
>Alan will give the Mega stone he found in this episode to Ash because he was courageous and had strong bonds with pokemon (the mega stone was a charizard Y stone if you noticed... Blue is X stone and Y is red stone)
>Alan becomes rival with Ash in the league
>Ash loses to Alan in league as a more satisfying loss for Ash than last gen (Ash lost to crap tier cameron)

OR I can see Ash receiving a Lucario from Korrina and receives the Lucarionite from Alan. with the above scenario.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Apr 6, 2014 7:19 PM
Jun 2012
Those fights were epic. Just loved that first Mega Absol vs. Mega Charizard X fight. Had my mind jumping out of excitement.

As for Manon, she's a girl. The elite four cook called her an oujo-san after all.
I was gonna be pissed if she was a boy, I've had enough of cute traps!! >__<
Apr 12, 2014 3:17 PM

Feb 2012
this was great!!! crazy cant wait till allan meets ash since this was forshadowed when manon spoke
Apr 12, 2014 8:19 PM

Aug 2012
This was good, epic battle between the mega pokemons.
Apr 12, 2014 10:11 PM
Bunnies πŸ“

Jan 2013
That Charizard vs Blastoise match was very good. Caught me off guard with the Dragon Pulse move by Blastoise since I didn't think Blastoise could learn Dragon Pulse. I expected Water Pulse or at the very least Hydro Pump.Alan loses the match but he stays strong and vows to gain more experience sp that he can become stronger.

Ash is mentioned in this episode which me might get to see Alan meet Ash, and hopefully we might get to see the battle for the two Charizards. Mega Charizard X vs Mega Charizard Y.

Apr 13, 2014 2:36 AM

Oct 2009
Alan's personality reminds me of Calem's in the X & Y game (when you play as female player) and I like that. I also love that Siebold/Zumi made an appearance here cos he's my favourite NPC in X & Y, other than Sycamore.

The battles were awesome, esp the last one. I like that Mega Blastoise is able to conceal the two smaller cannons. And I didn't know of its useful ability until I watched this ep so I'm gonna make my Blastoise learn some pulse moves.
Apr 13, 2014 3:19 AM

Aug 2013
This episode was amazing!
Manon is so funny.
Can't wait for the next one! :)
Apr 13, 2014 3:28 AM

Jan 2011
I loved this special! From the get-go, it was already epic. The mega evolution fights are so intense. :DD Haha, Manon is a really fun character. I recognised that Miuna's VA voices him. Alan's such a badass and I also realised Kuroko's VA voices him. xD Interesting, Alan was Professor Sycamore's assistant. Geez, Alan even battled Elite Four member Siebold. That battle was awesome, with Mega Blastoise and Mega Charizard X. I loved the OST in this too. The X/Y music. <33 Can't wait for the next one!
5/5
Apr 13, 2014 12:53 PM

Nov 2013
So like, Alan is assisting Lysander?
Apr 13, 2014 3:16 PM

Jan 2013
Alan isn't assisting Lysandre. Lysandre was just a foreshadow.
Apr 13, 2014 8:55 PM

Aug 2008
KiraSeika said:
>Alan will give the Mega stone he found in this episode to Ash because he was courageous and had strong bonds with pokemon (the mega stone was a charizard Y stone if you noticed... Blue is X stone and Y is red stone)
>Ash loses to Alan in league as a more satisfying loss for Ash than last gen (Ash lost to crap tier cameron)

OR I can see Ash receiving a Lucario from Korrina and receives the Lucarionite from Alan. with the above scenario.

Yup,this. Just hope Ash finally win the league which will probably not happening.

This special is amazing. The Pokemon mega evolution fight is very good.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 13, 2014 10:41 PM
Mar 2012
This was pretty interesting, better than the main story in my opinion.
Apr 15, 2014 7:50 AM
Mar 2014
I always love Pokemon Special. You all should also watch Pokemon: The Origins :D
May 3, 2014 8:07 AM

Feb 2011
Epic battles, this was amazing, especially Mega Absol VS Mega Charizard X. Long time no see such epicness in one pokemon episode, despite this one is special, which is more connected with main story than any other.

I also want it to continue as a separate story, not just to add it in main story, maybe only later. And, of course, can't wait for the next episode ^_^
May 26, 2014 12:05 PM

May 2013
I enjoyed this, the battles were top notch and Alan was a cool main character for this story. I'd love to see Ash met Alan as Manon foreshadowed. I'd love to see more.

May 31, 2014 3:43 PM

Aug 2010
The animation for this was so good! The fights...man!

The dub was sub-par, sadly, and Alan was unlikable to me, but the great animation helped this stay afloat!
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Nov 30, 2014 12:34 PM
Nov 2013
Seriously Manon. It's like she's deliberately falling. The battles were cool though.
Feb 11, 2015 6:32 PM

Nov 2014
SinKira said:

Well, I actually can't see Ash ever having a Lucario. I mean Korrina has one, Riley and Sir Aaron both had one, Maylene and Cameron also had Lucario. I'm sure there's other's I'm forgetting. So many people have one that I just can't see Ash also having one. It's hard to explain.

It would be great if Ash could get a Charizardite though! It seems pretty likely. His Charizard made a return appearance in B/W, so it's possible. When Mega Evolution was announced I was thinking of which ones Ash could have, and remembered he also has a Heracross. I'm just thinking about scenarios, but it would be nice if he could get his Heracross back and Mega Evolve it too...He also has Gible, but I highly doubt it will ever fully evolve. Kind of like Bulbasaur, who could also Mega Evolve if it evolved up to Venusaur but it never will. Oh! And Skeptile and Glalie could also come back and Mega Evolve. So, if I'm not forgetting anyone, he has 4 Pokémon who can Mega Evolve now. Charizard, Skeptile, Heracross, and Glalie. ^_^

Anyways, sorry for getting off topic. I liked Alan's character! Too bad he doesn't know what Lysandre is really up to. I'm sure he will eventually though. I don't understand why he is so serious about defeating every Mega Evolution though...I don't get the point of it. =/
Feb 14, 2015 9:32 AM

Mar 2014
SinKira said:

Just kinda hope it isn't Alan vs Ash and Alan pulls all the mega evolutions while Ash does none and loses just as badly as when he lost with Bullshit Tobias.
Most league battles tend to be bullshit though and Tobias just proved that the anime will pull any stops so Ash doesn't get anywhere near that top 2, which is just sad because there's no reason for him not to win.
Jun 28, 2015 7:22 AM

Jun 2010
Weird but good
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2015 7:00 AM

Jul 2013
That was really awesome! I loved it! Alain is so awesome! At least that was how it was spelled on the TV information here but he said it A-lon or something lol.

Mega Charizard vs Mega Blastoise was awesome!

Been remembering how someone stole my Charizard card years ago before watching it today ;____________________;
Aug 4, 2015 11:49 PM

Dec 2011
Hyuse said:

Agreed with the scenario. I am hoping Ash would get Mega Stone for his other pokemon too. He has Charizard, Heracross, Sceptile and Glalie that can Mega Evolve. If he gets a Mega Stone, it is for Charizard Y.

This episode was awesome, since Alan got a chance to battle the Elite Four already. Wish we can see him more soon enough... and it also looks like Ash will have Alan as the strongest trainer of the league that he will face.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2015 8:11 PM

Feb 2014
That episode was really good! I guess it happens right after the beginning of the XY series. I actually remember the part where ash saves that Garchomp from the top of the Lumiose city tower! I watched a good amount of black and white but I eventually decided not to wake up early to watch it on CN which is why I only saw the first couple of episodes of xy :p

Super cool that there are a ton of battles. And they're well done, at that. OOPS I thought the little kid was a guy xD They're all 10 years old anyway :p

I wonder what that yellow mega stone is. Ampharosite? No wait guys IT'S THE CHESPINITE MEGA CHESPIN LOL

Kinda funny how the kid takes Flabebe to Nurse Joy and everything's all right. I mean, after shooting poisonous gas at that thing and trapping it in a ball don't you think Flabaebe would have trust issues? Let's be realistic, people!

I don't care what anyone else says, but Absol will always have the coolest mega evolution! Sure Charizard turns black, gets dragon type, and has blue flames from its mouth but Abso gets wings and a cooler horn/hairstyle! It's a badass white death angel!!!!
Nov 2, 2015 11:56 AM

Jun 2011
Hyuse said:

Oh man this is cool, I can see it happen. No, I wish it would happen! If there is one thing I don't like about the Kalos region (or Pokemon XY), that is the lack of rival for Ash. I wish Ash would challenge the Elite 4 too in Kalos, that would be cool.

So far this special is pretty good, Alan is cool, and Manon and Chespin are really cute. But seriously though, was Alan really planning to take on Mega Blastoise with a Mega Charizard? Hmm.. Against the Elite 4 I wouldn't say that's a smart move, though I understand that he would want to conquer the world with his pokemon partner who is Charizard.

It's a bit sad that this special will only be 4 episodes long though. I want to learn more about the mega-evolution through Alan.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 24, 2015 6:55 PM
Jul 2012
I have a feeling that Alain would be Ash's strongest Kalos rival he ever faced.
Apr 14, 2016 1:00 PM

Jul 2013
I rewatched this again today as CITV in the UK showed the first two again before the last two lol.

It's really awesome and I love Alain and Mailan's entrance and all the stuff.
Jul 30, 2016 8:33 PM

Dec 2012
I would make a Arc-V joke regarding Kensho Ono, but this came out before it.

We need more Ayaka.

Manon you klutz.

You have a mega stone on Kamex's head. Are mega stones so indestructible that you can tell it to use skull bash so easily? lol

Dragon Pulse animation was cool.

Alan is cool. I like him more than Satoshi. That says a lot since I've known Satoshi from the start.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 14, 2020 6:11 PM

Dec 2008
I'm always a little wary of non-main Pokemon anime as people take any crap and talk about how much better it is than the main anime and how the main anime should be like it, but this was okay. I like how it's a side story to the main anime (Satoshi/Ash mention, yay) and will eventually meet up with the main anime. I did enjoy Pokemon Hoso quite a bit as well.

Alan is an interesting character, fun to learn more about him. And yes, it's the mega evolution special, so spam those mega evolutions. They talked about type matchups but of course the secondary dragon type would cancel out the water's super effectiveness against Lizardon/Charizard.
Sep 1, 2020 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
This was weird. Also, not a fan of the fights. Too much camera shaking. Btw, how the fuck did the hydro pump launched by Blastoise hit the ground and caused an explosion of fire?
Mar 1, 2021 6:09 PM
Jan 2021
Paulo27 said:
SinKira said:

Just kinda hope it isn't Alan vs Ash and Alan pulls all the mega evolutions while Ash does none and loses just as badly as when he lost with Bullshit Tobias.
Most league battles tend to be bullshit though and Tobias just proved that the anime will pull any stops so Ash doesn't get anywhere near that top 2, which is just sad because there's no reason for him not to win.
well we got top. 2 this time
Jun 7, 2021 10:23 PM

Feb 2021
Nice fights and animation. I love how the Pokémon are using mega stones with their accessories.
β—‘ ━━━━━ β–£ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
β—‘ ━━━━━ β–£ ━━━━━ ◐
Nov 15, 2023 5:28 PM

Feb 2020
Só fui lembrar de assisitr a esse especial ao no final do episódio 64 (divulgação) e agora estou eu aqui assistindo. Interessante essa menção do Satoshi sobre o acontecimento do garchomp para o Alan, inclusive não pude deixar de notar a voz do seiyuu Kensho Ono... FIGHTING GOLD!
Jan 5, 1:55 PM

Jan 2013
Great visuals and some more information on Mega Evolutions.
Seems like Alain and Mairin will be meeting Ash eventually, at least that's what they're hinting at.

More topics from this board

» Atsuhiro Tomioka all 4 episodes.

KuudereKun - Oct 2

0 by KuudereKun »»
Oct 2, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY: Mega Evolution Episode 4 Discussion

JosephTico - Oct 29, 2015

22 by Nerdason »»
Nov 22, 2023 2:53 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY: Mega Evolution Episode 3 Discussion

HiyuuT - Mar 19, 2015

19 by Nerdason »»
Nov 19, 2023 2:35 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY: Mega Evolution Episode 2 Discussion

HiyuuT - Nov 6, 2014

16 by Nerdason »»
Nov 16, 2023 4:37 AM

» Pokemon XY: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act 3~: Promo

memorial_address - Dec 3, 2014

2 by SViper »»
Mar 17, 2015 1:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.