Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 12, 2014 10:50 AM
Jul 2008
Same, they removed/changed up some of the order of events from the manga which took away some fun jabs that wouldve lightened it up a bit. I liked those parts pretty well and thought they contribute to developing some of the other assassins' personalities but the anime will prob rush through in only 12? episodes :(
Meaning we prob won't get to know the other assassins backgrounds or motives that well except for the main chars. Hopefully the manga gets scanned and I might follow it even after the anime ends.
Nee-sama said:

In any case, if this adapted series has the assassins disappearing in each episode one-by-one, I'll probably drop this. It seems like it would be a trainwreck if it worked that way. It's possible that not all assassins will strike though. The game could start taking a turn midway through the series.
This. is usually what happens in battle royale type shows/manga - and it just goes downhill. Pray it doesn't happen here.
KJacketApr 12, 2014 10:54 AM
Apr 12, 2014 10:59 AM

Jun 2013
a bit diifferent from the manga I read but still enjoyable.

people waiting for yuri : you can wait forever, that will never happen.
Apr 12, 2014 11:55 AM

Dec 2008
ChoiDalDal said:

Exaggerated, but you never know. 19 chapters in, still nothing, but it's tagged as such for a reason. Gotta wait 'n see.

As for this episode, it's like they're eating up 4 chapters per episode. I really wonder what's going to happen around ep 5-6.
Apr 12, 2014 12:09 PM

Jun 2013
it's tagged Yuri because there are only girls as main characters.
Apr 12, 2014 12:34 PM

May 2013
ChoiDalDal said:
Yeah, those idiots waiting for yuri in a series tagged as yuri, how could they?

ChoiDalDal said:
it's tagged Yuri because there are only girls as main characters.
Are you completely deprived of intelligence or you're doing it on purpose?
Apr 12, 2014 12:42 PM

Nov 2010
Oh, i loved that hugging scene. well done.
Apr 12, 2014 12:49 PM

Mar 2014
Nee-sama said:

Really, the author could have made it so only Haru OR Nio reveals this. What I'm saying is the story could still progress with only Nio telling Haruki the truth OR just with Haru telling Tokaku. The author seems to be throwing some dramatic irony around.

In any case, if this adapted series has the assassins disappearing in each episode one-by-one, I'll probably drop this. It seems like it would be a trainwreck if it worked that way. It's possible that not all assassins will strike though. The game could start taking a turn midway through the series.

Your right about that, the author could of just gave us one straight answer, Haru killed them all or she died as they protected her. But in order to make a fraction within the viewers you want to shake up the story. Give one scenario in two different lights. Else it'll just be linear all the way through. So right now everyone has their own opinion on what the "truth" is.Thing about a mystery is you try to piece it together before it's solved. That must be the authors intent.

ED of each assassin is predicting that outcome so it might be one assassin per episode (which will get repetitive I have to admit. ) My hope is for a twist that changes the course of the story or it really will get tiresome. But we can only wait and see.
CrowlageApr 12, 2014 1:18 PM
Apr 12, 2014 1:08 PM
Nov 2013
So it has turned into a game.loving the Danganronpa/Mirai Nikki vibes.
I'm with everyone who think Haru is lying, even though she is super cute and hard not to love.
Man, these girls are bat shit crazy. I like.
Apr 12, 2014 2:21 PM

Jan 2014
Lots of intrigue in this episode involving characters' pasts, which I was hoping to see more of from last time. I have a feeling that Tokaku and Haru's backstories might be linked in some way, but we'll have to wait and see if any of my speculation is true.

Related to that subject is the issue being brought up by several other posters that
I'd love to see if that gets brought up in any way over the coming episodes, as it seems like the battle for the truth could be an interesting plot point.

Lastly,

Overall, a good, well-paced episode! Looking forward to the next one! ♥
Apr 12, 2014 2:23 PM

Apr 2013
wonder which story about haru is true. i hope the one haru told just because haru turning out to be some cold killer would be lame and predictable in away.

overall i liked this episode alot more than the first one.
Apr 12, 2014 2:42 PM
Jul 2012
I watched it again and now I agree with anyone. It is a nice development from the previous episode :D

I don't care if there is yuri or not (although is a plus for me haha). I want to see how the story unfolds.

These is getting interesting. To be quite honest, I like this set up more than Dangaroppa because they treat each other as strangers and was not forced to kill unlike Dangaroppa they now each other from the start and forced to a bullshit game that make no sense at some moments.

Bakkar said:
I personally think/ hoping its not...that Haru might be faking it. I'm also thinking maybe Tokaku is the true target that people have to kill in order to try to awaken her "feral" side. Also anyone else think that both stories about Haru might be true? Like maybe the parents were killing the younglings for some reason, and Haru ended up killing the parents.

As someone pointed out in this thread, Haru's story and Noi's story might be pieces that needed to be put together. Now the question is, what part is still missing.

There is something off with Haru. I agree that there is more to her. And Tokaku does not realized how deep it is and it makes her more naive.

Crowlage said:

Tokaku's reasons for joining Haru is also unclear but I believe it's because she realized that both of them are trapped in the past and Haru's the only person she ever related to. "Curse from the past."
But I'm sure they will explain why. (Just hope it isn't a roundabout way to make her trust her then stab her in the neck.)

I hope not because of tragedy killing of some sort but after reading your opinion that the reason why Tokaku wants to protect Haru is because she could relate to her made more sense.

Remembering the OP, we could see Tokaku had the innocent look then the next scene she is distant from the feeling of being human. The connection to Haru (I think someone pointed out here) she became human at the last second making her decide to protect Haru.

Although at this point, whether we read it from the manga or watch it form the anime, everything is still blurry. Each and everyone's closets are not yet empty and we are not sure at this point who has the most skeletons hiding.
Apr 12, 2014 2:45 PM

Feb 2014
Still not too sure what to think about this anime. I'll keep on watching though.
Apr 12, 2014 2:51 PM

Sep 2011
Well, one of the most suspicious things about the Haru/Nio stories is that Haru has scars. Sure, she could sustain scars while being protected, but she also could have gotten them from fighting. As well, there are lots of questions to consider:

1) How did she get those scars?
2) Why was she hiding them?
3) In relation to #2; what made her hope that Tokaku wouldn't hate her for her scars? It's not like you'd normally come to hate people with scars from like, accidents or something - unless it wasn't an accident. (Plus, Haru easily could have passed through with telling Tokaku she got them when her family was protecting her).

Yay for speculation!

Also, the "one girl, one ending" thing doesn't necessarily mean they'll be all attacking one-by-one, but again, if it does work like that... oh boy.
ShishimaiApr 12, 2014 2:56 PM
Apr 12, 2014 3:06 PM
Dec 2013
looks cool, its rly a yuri?? looks like it will be a shoujo-ai tho
Apr 12, 2014 3:10 PM

Jan 2014
This is getting interesting.

Itsuke and Tokaku's fight was pretty good.
I think that Tokaku's decision to protect Haru was a little bit... rushed? I dunno.
As for Haru, I still don't know whether I can trust her yet or not~
Apr 12, 2014 5:23 PM

Feb 2011
I dunno about this show. Honestly, the only reason why I watch this is mainly for the yuri, but I might not have the patience to sit through all of this just to see a little bit of yuri.
But even without considering the yuri, I just think it's boring and Tokaku is probably the most boring character off all.

Dropped. It's not bad, but it just bores me too much.
Apr 12, 2014 5:31 PM

May 2011
Just like I thought, seems like we won't be getting any deaths in this anime. Or at least that's how it looks. Not disappointing at all though, since for some reason this is keeping me really entertained so far. I just love the overall atmosphere, and the sound design is still top notch. Love that OST, and those overly dramatic shots.
Apr 12, 2014 6:03 PM

Dec 2010
This was surprisingly touching for some reason, and has raised my interest in the show! I wonder how they will be able to build on all of the assassins before the series ends? Also, I wonder who will be the first to have to leave?

I really want to know the loli's power. She's being guarded heavily by the princely character, but I want to see her be one of the more dangerous assassins, and maybe the princely one is there to keep her in check? That would be entertaining.

Anyway, great episode! I wonder who gets the ED next time?
Apr 12, 2014 8:32 PM

Aug 2013
For me, this episode was better than the first one.

The character felt more affirmed and fleshed out. There is still a lot of mystery behind them like Nio saying that Haru killed all her familly vs Haru saying that they protected them or that fear Tokaku have from that tomb.

The context have been explained clearly. I was confused in the first episode as to why they wouldn't just jump on her and kill her.

Tokuka character got suddenly interresting. A virgin killer? That could be really interresting in a bunch of psycho. Haru character got also more than the cute girl that smile. Her past seem gloomy and make her really ambiguous. To me, there is two possibility : either she was abused, druged (hence her drug resistance) and killed her familly like Nio said or her whole familly got targeted for whatever reason. Maybe to create a martyr for their game?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 12, 2014 9:48 PM

Jun 2013
I still can't take this show seriously. It's because of the over-the-top Danganronpa vibe. However, the premise is really interesting and I'm dying to know more about Tokaku and Haru. But methinks (as some others do) that Tokaku is the "real" target of this series.
Apr 12, 2014 10:40 PM
Apr 12, 2014 11:43 PM

Aug 2009
Interesting indeed. I really want to know how that curse stops her from dying..by any means? or certain things can still kill her. What are the limitations, if there are any, and just how were they able to put a curse on her. It seems like an intriguing show and the fight scene was pretty nice. I really enjoyed the OSTs as well. Can't wait to see what happens next! Tokaku will protect her, I will stick around to see how.

Apr 13, 2014 12:32 AM

Mar 2009
Good episode. This one showed some progress. I especially liked the scene where Tokaku ripped up the card.

But, uhh, why does everyone in the world want to kill Haru? Just a fight between clans?
Apr 13, 2014 2:14 AM
Sep 2013
omg I am actually enjoying this...it's rare that I watch yuri xD
Apr 13, 2014 2:21 AM

Dec 2012
Hmm...this show has really piqued my interest. I seriously think Haru is hiding something. After all even by "anime logic" it doesn't make ANY sense for 12(now 11) assassins to be pitted against an innocent girl. Even if that innocent girl has a tragic past and/or may had to kill her family due to some legitimate reason. (A few come to mind.) So I seriously think Nio may have been telling the truth. Or both of them are telling the truth. But seriously Haru has to have some kind of background to justify throwing that many assassins at her. So she has to have developed some taste/sense of blood lust. Or at least doesn't mind killing if it's necessary.

I mean it seems like Tokaku is the "pro assassin" and even get's a sense of who the real contenders are when she get's near em, etc. In other words the director or whatever he was, is correct. Tokaku is a "wild one" and can already sense a person's blood lust/murderous intent/whatever you want to call it. And she doesn't pick up anything from Haru. So either Haru takes "anime logic" to a new extreme in this show, or she's "innocent but guilty." I believe in the latter given how many people are out to get her.

Overall really liking this series so far. I can't wait for this to start gearing up. I also hope they reveal more about Haru and hopefully the Yuri aspects gear up a bit too.

PS: This show is going to wrack my brain when I go to sleep here in a few. Usually at this time of night my mind starts racing. And the situation surrounding Haru already has my mind thinking up various ways on why she could be involved in this situation. :S. Damnit!

I wonder if I'll even be able to stomach Sakura Trick after this. Most likely given they are in two different "sub genre." But I'll wait another season before starting that. As it will give time for BD to come out.
Apr 13, 2014 3:00 AM
Aug 2012
Haru better not be one of those "useless" character that doesn't do anything and lets someone else do it. I wanna see her hands stained with blood.. I pretty much want to see her crazy side; if she even has one. :D
Apr 13, 2014 4:00 AM
Feb 2013
Tokaku's "declaration of war" was really epic!
I'm really curious to know how the hell she's supposed to beat 12 professional assassin alone...
Uhm, maybe Haru has some "hidden skills"?
Apr 13, 2014 4:24 AM

Jun 2013
I think Haru's immortal...

Anyways, the plot is picking up and Tokaku declares that she would protect Haru!
Their pasts, the assassins and Haru, seem to be tragic and sad.

Also, the Kurogami sensei (I forgot his name)... what is he reading/writing/typing on that computer? It got me curious. It looks like he knows something.

The ED got my attention. The song is pretty <3
"Kinou, Kyou, Ashita (昨日、今日、明日)"
Apr 13, 2014 4:25 AM

Mar 2014
the episode was really good , loved tokaku's declaration of war
btw how can u be an assasin if u never killed someone ? :o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2014 5:24 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
I enjoyed the episode, but the more and more i watch, the more i realize Haruki is actually Kyouko from Madoka....
I MEAN THEY ARE LIKE THE SAME PERSON
I really hope I am not the only one!
Glad to see it is sorta turn based... a lot more organized than I thought it was going to be.
ZelotApr 13, 2014 6:05 AM
Apr 13, 2014 7:25 AM
Feb 2013
ReiTakanashi said:

She already killed someone...
But her true skills are "sealed" by that Shrine...
I guess... <_<
Apr 13, 2014 8:38 AM
Feb 2014
Everyone noticed how similar Haru and Tokaku stories are? Except Tokaku ended up all bitter "it's a curse" and Haru ended up all positive.

Either
1. It's a coincidence
2. They share past
3. Haru knew about Tokaku and made up her story to make her future protector empathize with herself

Also, I don't think that Haru's story about her "family dying to protect her" is true. Either
1. She's blocking her memories
2. She's shamelessly lying

I actually lean more towards the second option cause 1. is overdone and unoriginal.
Also, I question the "special treatment" Tokaku gets from the gamble-guy.
Someone here suggested that the real target might not be Haru at all, and I second that. Isn't it weird that everyone gets to know target's identity from the start? Wouldn't that normally mean 100% death?
What if Haru is also an assassin?

eddy-sama said:
ReiTakanashi said:

She already killed someone...
But her true skills are "sealed" by that Shrine...
I guess... <_<

I don't think there are real superpowers involved, though. I think the "seal" is purely psychological.
Apr 13, 2014 8:43 AM

May 2011
Once my friend pointed out that the blonde looks like Pitou from HunterxHunter, I can't unsee it! >_<

I don't know much about signatures but I think they're cool.

Hope you're having a nice day.
Apr 13, 2014 8:43 AM
Feb 2014
Nee-sama said:

Really, the author could have made it so only Haru OR Nio reveals this. What I'm saying is the story could still progress with only Nio telling Haruki the truth OR just with Haru telling Tokaku. The author seems to be throwing some dramatic irony around.

No, I think not.
I think it's one of these situations were "the viewers know, the main character doesn't know".
Apr 13, 2014 10:20 AM
Feb 2013
nrtashi said:
I don't think there are real superpowers involved, though. I think the "seal" is purely psychological.

But I don't really think that they purposely killed their own parents...
Did you see the flashback of Haru?
In the last scene she was just crying and she didn't have the classical murderer "aura".
This means that she probably regained consciousness after the "incident".
In other words something happened before...
But what?
Apr 13, 2014 11:08 AM

Jan 2014
AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:
I think Haru's immortal...
Also, the Kurogami sensei (I forgot his name)... what is he reading/writing/typing on that computer? It got me curious. It looks like he knows something.

I agree, I had the same impression! Really the few words I read seemed somewhat related. And it was curious that he appeared reading that precisely when it was said that he did not know anything.
ReiTakanashi said:

She is still training for it, and like her coach (? Not sure what he is really) implied during the first episode this is some kind of test. Really I do not think this is so much about killing Haru but about testing the killers.
cyclone1993 said:

I really want to know the loli's power. She's being guarded heavily by the princely character, but I want to see her be one of the more dangerous assassins, and maybe the princely one is there to keep her in check? That would be entertaining.

I really wonder which are her murdering skills too, so far she hasn't even talked. Obviously with these girls appearances are deceitful.
“We see what we want to see”
Apr 13, 2014 11:49 AM
Feb 2014
eddy-sama said:

But I don't really think that they purposely killed their own parents...
Did you see the flashback of Haru?
In the last scene she was just crying and she didn't have the classical murderer "aura".
This means that she probably regained consciousness after the "incident".
In other words something happened before...
But what?

KuroMayKami said:

She is still training for it, and like her coach (? Not sure what he is really) implied during the first episode this is some kind of test. Really I do not think this is so much about killing Haru but about testing the killers.

I see. Actually, Haru said that it is actually a test for her.

After reading the corresponding manga chapters, here's my new theory:
-Haru killed her family as a part of her training, which is also where she got these scars from. In manga she said ambiguously that she lived in a "big house with many brothers". Assasin training center?

About Nio, she might be either:
-...lying. She doesn't represent anyone, she doesn't speak for management, she made the rules on her own. She has a lot of info on everyone and she guessed who the "target" might be and invented some ridicules rules to keep everyone's actions in check.
-....working for management and knowing far more then she lets out.
Apr 13, 2014 11:56 AM

Feb 2013
So meh. The whole set up seems really forced. If I continue watching it will be for the action.
Apr 13, 2014 1:00 PM

Dec 2007
Oh wow. This has better dialogue than pupa.
Apr 13, 2014 1:53 PM

Jan 2014
Earwen said:

I think that's quite easy to beat.
“We see what we want to see”
Apr 13, 2014 8:48 PM

Nov 2012
This is looking better than the manga.
Haru's smile and voice are a miracle of life.
Apr 13, 2014 11:51 PM

Feb 2012
Let the yuri begin.
Apr 14, 2014 2:16 AM

Feb 2014
I like where this is going. It's pretty exciting. I'm looking forward to a lot of action and possibly death starting with the next episode.
Just sit back, and let your tears do the talking as I save you.
Apr 14, 2014 3:23 AM
Feb 2014
Yvese said:
Let the yuri begin.

Well, it is called "yuri" because of romantic feelings the two female mains have for each other, but I don't think there will be much ecchi in this one. Stripping Haru to show her scars was NOT "fanservice".

It's no more "yuri" then Madoka.
Apr 14, 2014 4:21 AM

Dec 2007
KuroMayKami said:
Earwen said:

I think that's quite easy to beat.

Apparently not.
Apr 14, 2014 5:54 PM

Aug 2013
The OST in this show fucking rocks, still not sure why the hit was put out on Haru but hopefully they explain that later.
My Candies:
Apr 14, 2014 7:43 PM

May 2009
An assassin who won't kill ugh :/
Apr 14, 2014 9:30 PM

Sep 2013
The reason I saved you was...... because this is a lesbian anime and you're the main heroine haha

Apr 14, 2014 10:54 PM

Jan 2013
Was a little confusing in the start. By the end it's fairly straight forward.
Good episode overall
Apr 14, 2014 11:17 PM

Aug 2013
I am enjoying this, I like the whispering in the op at the beginning. Haru has alot of scars, wow. And now Tokaku will protect her from insane highschoolers, uh "assassins" planning to kill Haru...Lol. Still enjoying it!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

372 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Sep 16, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

135 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Sep 16, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

126 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Sep 16, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

106 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Sep 14, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

100 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Sep 13, 7:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.