Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 7, 2013 9:04 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Maya's kinda silly this episode tbh.

Loved her determination when she was facing off against that lady though. Go team~
Stark700Nov 7, 2013 11:39 AM
Nov 7, 2013 9:37 AM

Sep 2012
More Flamenco Girls?! That is a pleasant surprise!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 7, 2013 9:49 AM
Dec 2012
Her reaction was funny when he brought up a breakingup talk.
Nov 7, 2013 11:02 AM

May 2010
lovely episode :)
Nov 7, 2013 11:17 AM
Sep 2012
Kerozinn said:
lovely episode :)
Yep, I really enjoyed this episode.
Nov 7, 2013 11:23 AM

Jun 2012
Goto and Hazama's reactions to the additional Flamenco Girls was priceless
Nov 7, 2013 11:24 AM
Aug 2011
Worst episode for me.
Flamenco Girl is raining on my parade.
Nov 7, 2013 11:37 AM

May 2013
That ending with the Flamenco Girls was funny.
Nov 7, 2013 11:56 AM

Aug 2013
More Flamenco Girls!

Nov 7, 2013 12:07 PM
Jan 2013
LMAO, Hazama got saved by Flamenco Girl again, tsk, tsk,tsk, why doesn't he learn self defense from Goto?

He kinda annoys me too at first, now, he's kicking butt, man he ought to do that more often.
Baddie007Nov 7, 2013 12:22 PM
Nov 7, 2013 12:23 PM

Aug 2010
Dat Samurai Flamenco Setting Legacy left by his gramps was pretty deep XD

Glad they're gonna be separated now. She was getting a bit annoying. Well it's obvious she'll still be appearing though.

Poor Gotou his gf isn't in the mood :(

Was that last part a pv for nxt ep? She's gonna tell her friends and they'll become a trio? O_o? XD
Nov 7, 2013 12:30 PM

Apr 2013
parfaited said:

Yeah, I'm not enjoying her that much either. She's a little too full of herself and I don't really support the way she fights.

Nice to see Masayoshi getting motivated after receiving that package from his grandfather.

I'm anxious to see where the story is headed now that Samurai Flamenco and Flamenco Girl split up.
Nov 7, 2013 12:57 PM

Jul 2010
I want to know who's Goto's girlfriend already.
Also, to be honest i don't like Flamenco Girl.She have some good moments, but in general i don't like her ''sense of justice''.
Awesome episode tho! a great show.
incompleteAEGISNov 7, 2013 3:07 PM
Nov 7, 2013 1:34 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I laughed so much when I saw the bad guys wearing groin protectors when they were facing Samurai Girl the second time. At least they're not stupid.

I'm still not liking Mari's character. She's annoying and too strong to be taken seriously. I was kinda hoping after last episode that she was going to be secondary character with little screen time, but unfortunately it seems she's here to stay and as a major player. I hope she get's better and I expect Gotoh to slap some sense into her.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 7, 2013 1:35 PM

Dec 2008
parfaited said:
Worst episode for me.

^This...I don't think I'll be able to stand another 17 episodes with her.
Nov 7, 2013 1:54 PM

Jul 2010
Am I the only one who hates with all his heart Mari, alias Flamenco Girl?
I'm REALLY glad that now Hazama splitted up with her, she was wasting his growing potential.

Also, what a nice surprise to see Goto determined to assist somehow.

I was asking myself the purpose of those other two idols, then after the credits I understood.
Nov 7, 2013 2:03 PM

May 2011
I'm glad they split up. Flamenco Girl was starting to get on my nerves.
Nov 7, 2013 2:10 PM
Feb 2013
Thank god Hazama decided to split up from Maya. She's seriously being a total bitch to me. I have mixed feelings about the Flamenco Girls though. But overall, I hope the next episode onwards won't have Hazama being a weakling of sorts. He seems to have found his new resolve now and I like it! ^^
Nov 7, 2013 2:15 PM
Feb 2013
Akanezora said:

I was asking myself the purpose of those other two idols, then after the credits I understood.

Yea, I figured that Maya would probably bring her friends to the crime fighting too. Hopefully, this won't end badly, which is a definite maybe to me.
Nov 7, 2013 2:51 PM

Sep 2012
Finally they are separated! And wtf, more flamenco girls!?? I can't stand this.
LOL Morita wanted another kiss LOL
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Nov 7, 2013 2:55 PM

May 2013
parfaited said:

Exactly. Series is definitely getting a lower rating due to her. I love Masayoshi and Goto though so I won't drop it. I hope Goto doesn't end up with Mari since it looks like he's having trouble with her girlfriend. NOOO RUN FLAMENCO GIRL IS MULTIPLYING!
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Nov 7, 2013 3:02 PM

Feb 2012
Liked the episode, but ending ruined it kinda for me, those idol girls just won't work as superheroes.
Nov 7, 2013 3:06 PM
Jul 2012
I liked how Masayoshi strengthened his resolve thanks to his grandpa's message to him. Mari's character is still really obnoxious, I hope she settles down in the near future with some sort of character development. She's just "fighting crime" because she finds it entertaining while Masayoshi really cares about society.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Nov 7, 2013 3:08 PM

Aug 2011
I like the reason why Mari decided to split up with Masa at the end, because they both have different definitions of justice.

I've been really thinking about that scene in the OP with Goto throwing the roses into the sea, it looks like a gesture for someone who he knew that passed away. Maybe I'm over thinking this, but I was thinking it might be his girlfriend (or maybe Masa because the OP cuts to him several times during that scene). I really hope I'm over thinking this.

Anyways, I'm curious about who Goto's girlfriend is. I also really like the origin of Samurai Flamenco.
Nov 7, 2013 3:33 PM

Dec 2010
Laciie said:

Anyways, I'm curious about who Goto's girlfriend is.

+1

At least I'm happy Masayoshi finally decided to split up with Mari >.< also, I can't stand her voice at all xD it's earcancering. I hope the girls won't get too much on his way!
Anyway, I want to know more about Goto... I mean, we always just see him at work/mailing his girfriend. And I hope the police will accept his proposal of partnership with Samurai Flamenco : D
Nov 7, 2013 3:44 PM

Dec 2010
Flamenco Girl doesn't really annoy me. Maybe because I see her potential, and why she has been included in this series. There isn't one type of justice for everyone, and what works for one person might not work for the other, so she's there to serve as sort of a foil to Samurai Flamenco, to parallel his growth, and in a way push him to even greater heights (even if she doesn't know it herself) Sure, her personality is a forceful, and I personally don't agree with her sense of justice, but considering how she is portrayed, we aren't supposed to like the way she's doing things, its part of her character's purpose.

Should be interesting to see what the other girls can get into, or how she was able to convince them to join her. Also, I thought it was funny that Moe was waiting for a kiss that never came! She's definitely getting mixed messages! xD
Nov 7, 2013 3:53 PM

Jun 2008
Akanezora said:
Am I the only one who hates with all his heart Mari, alias Flamenco Girl?
I'm REALLY glad that now Hazama splitted up with her, she was wasting his growing potential.

Someone hasn't read any of the posts in this topic.

Mari should have just kept kissing Moe instead of getting interested in Goto...Moe was waiting for it and Mari just left her hanging!
Nov 7, 2013 4:12 PM

Apr 2009
cyclone1993 said:
Flamenco Girl doesn't really annoy me. Maybe because I see her potential, and why she has been included in this series. There isn't one type of justice for everyone, and what works for one person might not work for the other, so she's there to serve as sort of a foil to Samurai Flamenco, to parallel his growth, and in a way push him to even greater heights (even if she doesn't know it herself) Sure, her personality is a forceful, and I personally don't agree with her sense of justice, but considering how she is portrayed, we aren't supposed to like the way she's doing things, its part of her character's purpose.
exactly.. the show may indeed not get good ratings because of her but the show actually meant for many to dislike what she's doing.. if everyone's hating her, then the show is successful for making it so and that means they're able to convince us to the side of Masayoshi's cause.. Goto and Mari represent polar opposites when it comes to justice, the former who is very practical at achieving it but cannot respond to it immediately or directly, and the latter who approaches it directly but very vigilante about it breaking some laws in the process.. the show seems to want to put Masayoshi in the middle to make him more appealing, one who wants to approach justice directly but wants to make sure he's not exhibiting bad morals in the process.. back then, the show didn't have Mari around and Masayoshi's ideals might indeed be weird to many.. but showing what Masayoshi will not do by comparing him to the extremes of Mari just made his ideal easier to get.. and if he could pull the other two to approach this ideal even if just a little, this show would work real well.. it's gonna take time for Mari, but with Goto, he's already getting close by his recent actions.. SF has already improved some of his views at being a cop..
argiliumNov 7, 2013 4:19 PM
Nov 7, 2013 4:18 PM

May 2011
Kella said:
Laciie said:

Anyways, I'm curious about who Goto's girlfriend is.

+1

At least I'm happy Masayoshi finally decided to split up with Mari >.< also, I can't stand her voice at all xD it's earcancering. I hope the girls won't get too much on his way!
Anyway, I want to know more about Goto... I mean, we always just see him at work/mailing his girfriend. And I hope the police will accept his proposal of partnership with Samurai Flamenco : D

Yeah I want to know more about Goto as well, and I still say his gf could be one of those girls in Mari's idol group.

Nov 7, 2013 4:34 PM

Nov 2007
I don't really like the direction where it's heading now...:/
Nov 7, 2013 4:41 PM

Mar 2013
this is a great anime
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Nov 7, 2013 4:46 PM

Jul 2012
The ED is starting to grow on me! Looking forward to next episode. Really excited to see how they'll deal with the new Flamenco Girl Trio :P

iLostReason said:
I want to know who's Goto's girlfriend already.

^
Nov 7, 2013 4:52 PM

Sep 2012
Flamenco girl by herself was annoying enough...hope more of them doesn't get too out of hand. Glad Hazama finally grew some nuts and split up. This show isn't necessarily that funny most of the time, but it's sure as hell entertaining.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Nov 7, 2013 5:11 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
cyclone1993 said:

Nice insight :) it's also seen at the end of the episode where she herself says that she and Masayoshi have different sense of justice. I don't like how she deals with things either, but like you said, she's a foil to Masayoshi's character, and she has room for growth too.

But wow, I was not really expecting Flamenco Girls o_o That's going to be quite interesting.

Good job Masayoshi for telling Mari your thoughts, great decision. Kind of ironic that they split up though after that beautiful teamwork for their last fight together.
Nov 7, 2013 5:15 PM

May 2011
Lmao, poor poor Goto. Yes, I feel more sorry for him than Hazama. Having to deal with these heroes while trying to keep the peace his own way. The letter from the grandfather couldn't have come at a better time though. :) I'm glad he found his resolve to be a hero once again.
Nov 7, 2013 5:27 PM

Sep 2013
Flamenco Girls....oh lawd why?
Nov 7, 2013 5:50 PM

Dec 2011
Holy crap! Even Moe and Mizuki joins the superhero fun! Ahahahaha.
This is getting out of hand. LOL.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2013 5:53 PM
Jul 2012
I was starting to get annoyed with Flamenco Girl, she was just being more and more of just a vigilante, and when more appeared... I think it might be for the better, they can act as her conscious, helping keeping her from right and wrong and going too far.

I LOVED THAT GRANDPA SAMURAI FLAMENCO PART! I'm amazed at how his Gramps and Masayoshi had thought of the same name for the hero with the same concept as Masayoshi's actions! I really think he needs to be a little bit stronger on his skills he has a strong resolve, but he can't do what his resolve tells him to do. An imbalance you can say.

I hope Goto's proposal succeeds! I hope he doesn't end up with Mari.
Nov 7, 2013 6:00 PM

Jul 2012
I'm not sure I'm liking the Flamenco Girl(s) thingy, I'm really hating those bitches, specially Mari, she's a Suzumiya-wannabe, like... for real, and Hazama acting like a gay-model Kyon, idk. Though I really like the OP, I like when Hazama is like all disappointed at reality but still gonna face stuff cause he gotta. But honestly the thing that looked more appealing to me was the cop-superhero collab in the first episodes (no homo), it really seamed promising, then all this bullcrap, I hope this takes less on the magic girl shit and more on the badass fighting silly justice fanboy thing. I'ma drop otherwise

Mr_DaftPunk said:
Yeah I want to know more about Goto as well, and I still say his gf could be one of those girls in Mari's idol group.

Fine avatar you got there mate. I'd say his gf is some boring regular girl, just my take
spacemonkey93Nov 7, 2013 6:04 PM
Nov 7, 2013 6:04 PM

Nov 2007
I am rooting for Samurai Flamenco over the Flamenco Girls. And I am a guy of all the species.

That should tell how I feel about this anime. <_<
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 7, 2013 6:51 PM

Sep 2011
Oh god more Flamenco girls. Once wasn't enough, so they had to add more.
Nov 7, 2013 7:02 PM

Jan 2011
I'm actually looking forward to the reactions of Flamenco Ruby and Sapphire at being drawn into the world of superheros. And yes, one Flamenco girl is never enough...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 7, 2013 7:34 PM

Sep 2009
And I don't understand you once more people. There's enough screentime for all the characters. I personally find Mari funny and I don't won't to watch the idealistic Masayoshi all the time. It's good that they are playing on contraast
Nov 7, 2013 7:51 PM

Jun 2012
Yeah, Flamenco Girl's way of justice isn't really what I had in mind. I root for Samurai Flamenco \O/

Nov 7, 2013 8:15 PM

Sep 2013
Moe was waiting on a kiss lolz.

That end scene looks like the other idol girls are in on it.

A meh ep not much happened.
Nov 7, 2013 8:19 PM

Aug 2013
cyclone1993 said:

Glad to know I'm not the only one who had this in mind. On the surface, you'd most likely just find her character as annoying. I'm glad she said her piece about having a different kind/idea of justice and that she thinks she and SF might someday clash. The fact that she dishes out a different kind of 'justice' albeit a bit violent and excessive in contrast to SF's traditional approach highlights this fact.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 7, 2013 10:28 PM

Jun 2013
As I enjoy this episode , I'm hating more and more of that Flamenco Bitch.
I'm totally rooting Samurai Flamenco , that's true justice. Flamenitch's justice is bullshit. She wants the glam.

I present you ...
http://i.imgur.com/KTc2IdM.jpg

Anyway , it's a great episode and I love it.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Nov 7, 2013 11:18 PM
May 2012
So, when Hazama is gonna wear a NEW Flamenco suit like we saw in the opening?

I'm really wanna see it so bad in the next episode..
JafriZinNov 7, 2013 11:25 PM
Nov 8, 2013 12:42 AM
May 2010
I am beginning to really dislike Maya. She really has aptitude issues, despite being famous.

Also dislike that she immediately requested splitting up just because their ideals were different.
I mean, come on, aren't they all trying to save the world? Or did Maya already anticipate her attitude problems and the outcomes?

On the other hand, it will definitely be better for Hazama to get away from her as soon as possible.
Nov 8, 2013 12:48 AM

Apr 2013
Oh god. More Flamenco girls in the preview -_-
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

301 by OrangeRium »»
Jul 14, 11:31 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

418 by OrangeRium »»
Jun 18, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

6 by lordgaara »»
Jun 17, 2023 9:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.