Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2007 4:06 AM

Oct 2006
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Not as great as the last one but still a good episode.
Highlights for Tanda, for the recklessness and for discovering a way to fight the La Lunga. I feared he was gonna die for a moment there... but I was wrong fortunately.
Looking forward to see some more action in the next episode...and I'd love to see Chagum fight before the end...^^
Oct 3, 2007 5:39 AM

Aug 2007
Quite slow in the first 10 minutes. Tanda in this episode is Pure Win... And was also put clear that Balsa actually cares about him. xD Besides the La Lunga fight and the discovery of the rest of the tablets meaning it wasnt a genious episode. Still Tanda Scene wins the day xD.
Oct 3, 2007 6:43 AM

Jan 2007
I'm liking Tanda more and more as each episode goes by. Only 2 episodes left~
Oct 3, 2007 3:08 PM

Apr 2007
Wow, it is not as good as last episode but still seeing Tanda in action was more than enough. I agree with faust, I cant help to find that I like Tanda even more as the episodes nearing the end of the series. Cant wait for the next one.
Oct 4, 2007 6:11 AM

Jun 2007
erm it was good for sure >.<
me was soooooo~ into the story that i forgot to max the player window :S
Oct 4, 2007 7:05 PM

Mar 2007
Good episode. Yep, Tanda was cool in this episode... I was also thinking that he would end up get killed... but I am glad that I was wrong. Hopefully it doesn't have a poison on it that can kill if cut.

Sucks that there is only two more episodes...
Oct 6, 2007 10:06 PM

Sep 2007
Well, Tanda certainly had some good moments in this episode. I quite liked it, but not as much as some of the "best" episodes so far in this series.

I'm finding there are very few main characters I don't like on some level in this series. Makes me sad there are only two episodes remaining. :(
Dec 23, 2008 8:48 AM

Apr 2008
Tanda is cool!! it's a good thing he didn't die.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Jan 15, 2009 4:07 AM

Jul 2008
Yes, Tanda did it all in this episode.
Apr 7, 2009 5:45 PM

Feb 2009
Well even weakling like him can be useful sometime.
Jun 23, 2009 12:30 AM

Nov 2007
Tanda's stepping up his game, good job, although I do wonder how Balsa was able to attack the La Lunga even without eating the flower, my only problem with this episode.
Aug 7, 2009 6:07 AM

Jun 2008
Tanda was impressing.
Sep 26, 2009 12:28 AM

Jul 2009
Crimsonwill said:
Tanda's stepping up his game, good job, although I do wonder how Balsa was able to attack the La Lunga even without eating the flower, my only problem with this episode.

Tanda said something about humans being unable to attack La Lunga unless it was trying to affect Sagu....therefore when it started attacking Chagum and Tanda others were able to attack La Lunga.
ClairseanaSep 26, 2009 12:47 AM
Dec 17, 2009 2:26 PM

May 2009
Intense episode. Tanda was awesome and the leader of the Hunters was badass when he ran up the "egg-eater" and put the flamethrower down its mouth.
Mar 14, 2010 11:05 PM
Dec 2009
stAtic91 said:
Intense episode. Tanda was awesome and the leader of the Hunters was badass when he ran up the "egg-eater" and put the flamethrower down its mouth.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
Mar 30, 2010 3:53 AM

Sep 2008
Alright! Tanda proves to be useful for more than just medicine! >:D

He's grown on me. I loved seeing Balsa get all panicky over him getting hurt. >:] Still think she doesn't care, Tanda?

I don't think they'll need so many flowers since one person attracting the Rarunga's attention is enough to bring it into the material world. There may be another use though...

I was thinking that maybe with the flower (these are the same ones that made Saya leave her body the Flower Wine episode, correct?) Torogai might be able to touch the egg if she combines her magic with the application of the flower's nectar. That way Chagum wouldn't have to be ripped open. She did say that if they had a way to get to Nayug she might be able to touch it...

I was a bit concerned for a minute when the hunters confronted her about not killing them, but I had to laugh when they said they'd follow her lead. XD At least now they're working together.

One Rarunga down, one to go. Will they take the time to bring Tanda along and risk not being in a position to or will they leave him helpless in that clearing. Now that he drank the nectar he's just as likely to attract that second Rarunga as Chagum is so leaving him behind may get him killed.
Jun 12, 2010 12:19 AM
Feb 2008
Tanda is a goddamn bro!

My only thing is that why is that when one person who ate the flower attacks other people who didn't eat it are able to attack it? Does the initial attack bring it into the tangible world?

I can see why he brought so many. If you just had one person who drank the nectar and they die before attacking the Egg eater then you're pretty much screwed. With everyone being able to attack it you have more options in case anyone gets injured or dies.

At least now that episode with saya way back when makes sense. It felt kinda like a filler. And just kinda there. Until now of course

I loled at the warriors feeling like they were disrespected when Balsa let them live. It's even more crazy that they'd have attacked her if she said the only reason she spared their lives was because they were chumps. I mean really at a time like this you guys are going to get all hot and bothered over something like that? Priorities people!

Still I'm curious as to the leaving archers around the return path Shuga was talking about last episode. seems like somethign shady was going in there.
Jul 15, 2010 10:10 AM
Apr 2010
Looks like one of thise things got away,Next episode balsa's ganna make it her pet i bet >.<
Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 15, 2010 10:14 AM
Apr 2010
thatguy said:
Tanda is a goddamn bro!

My only thing is that why is that when one person who ate the flower attacks other people who didn't eat it are able to attack it? Does the initial attack bring it into the tangible world?

Him using the flower made him able to touch it,then when the flame came in contact with it became solid in their world.(Fire is it's weakness).
Aug 3, 2010 9:19 AM

Jun 2009
Good episode, the fight between the hunters and Balsa had been cleared.

Tanda being useful at the last few episodes, was really cool
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 4, 2010 10:40 PM

May 2010
How is Tanda able to keep up with those warriors?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 7, 2010 12:12 PM

Sep 2008
Static said:
Quite slow in the first 10 minutes. Tanda in this episode is Pure Win... And was also put clear that Balsa actually cares about him. xD

Yeah, could definitely tell that she really cared from her voice. :D

I'm so glad Tanda's really getting his chance to shine! He's been one of my favourite characters since he first appeared. :)

Fionartan said:

One Rarunga down, one to go. Will they take the time to bring Tanda along and risk not being in a position to or will they leave him helpless in that clearing.

The preview said that the father, mother, and child all assemble... I'm guessing it means Tanda, Balsa, and Chagum, since they were seemingly supposed to be like a family - evident from when they spent the time in the cave during the winter... At least I think. D:'

So that episode with Saya from way back when did have purpose... D'oh. Wish I'd kept it in mind last episode, when I first wondered what the heck Chagum was doing when he ate the flower...

Anyway I still really loved the episode. The La Lunga seemed relatively easy to kill despite all the build up, though I guess the hard part was finding out how to kill it in the first place... The animation was superb as always. Characters are still awesome. Onto the next [epic] episode!
Nov 5, 2010 3:16 AM

Oct 2010
What a climax building. Tanda shone, all right. I smiled when Balsa said that the bowing thing the hunters do was awkward. Lol, after years of pursuit they became your ally. THAT's awkward.
merle_noir said:
Static said:
Quite slow in the first 10 minutes. Tanda in this episode is Pure Win... And was also put clear that Balsa actually cares about him. xD

Yeah, could definitely tell that she really cared from her voice. :D

It was one of the most realistic name-shout I've ever heard :)

And I like the way Chagum dived from the trees. Fell...... down just like that.
Jan 7, 2011 1:00 PM

Oct 2009
Tanda was badass! X)))
Feb 21, 2011 8:59 AM

Apr 2009
Faust721 said:
I'm liking Tanda more and more as each episode goes by.

Yep.
Anyway, I was pretty sure that he was going to get killed, what with the increasing focus on him in the last few episodes. Hopefully the wound will heal soon x3

Only two more episodes D:
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 9, 2012 2:16 PM

Aug 2010
Definitely liking Tanda more.
Aug 18, 2012 11:51 AM

Jul 2011
I'm thinking that they'll patch up Tanda then will have him catch up at his own pace or something. He totally shone in this episode. BalsaxTanda. :D
Sep 18, 2012 5:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Tanda showed his mettle. Even Balsa had to notice him now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 19, 2012 2:52 PM

Nov 2011
Well, that "untouchable" son of a bitch sure got his end.
Mar 25, 2013 7:32 PM
Aug 2007
Loving how the hunters have come to respect Balsa. Its nice to see that this empire is built with truly honorable people, as opposed to what you usually see in stories where the empire is always full of slimy characters who abuse their ranks and whatnot.

These last few episodes I've been praying like mad in hope that no-one dies. Please please please don't let Tanda and especially Balsa die...
Jun 27, 2013 1:26 PM

Sep 2009
I hope Tanda won't die :X

Zinvince said:
Good episode, the fight between the hunters and Balsa had been cleared.

Tanda being useful at the last few episodes, was really cool

Tanda has always been useful since from the beginning.
Jun 29, 2013 6:58 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Raitei said:
Loving how the hunters have come to respect Balsa. Its nice to see that this empire is built with truly honorable people, as opposed to what you usually see in stories where the empire is always full of slimy characters who abuse their ranks and whatnot.

Right? It's refreshing to see that there is no true enemy in the anime, that they're all just trying to work together to save Chagum.

Tanda was amazing in this episode, first because he's incredibly observant regarding the flowers, and second, because he was traveling with Balsa and the hunters, Torogai was able to send a message to him using the water people. I bet it's his first time with the water people so he was incredibly surprised. Nevertheless, without him, their likelihood of destroying the Rarunga and trying to figure out where the egg wants to go would've been zero. Go Tanda!
Nov 16, 2013 4:26 PM

Dec 2012
The use of the flowers definitely shows that the episode with Saya drinking the flower wine was not without purpose. I like how the two worlds are intertwining with one another, looking forward to the final main event.
Feb 16, 2014 6:54 AM

Nov 2009
I hope that Tanda doesn't get killed by a random Rurunga once the rest continue their pursuit of Chagum, that would just suck. Anyways, I'm guessing that is the same flower as the one that was in the wine when Saya's soul got lost.
Jan 16, 2015 3:46 PM

Jan 2013
That egg eater was straightforward to kill. I thought there was two.
Feb 16, 2015 6:47 AM
Aug 2014
Why didn't they shoot those fire guns at the legs of the beast when Tanda was fighting, was afraid he was going to get killed. Thankfully he didn't.
Feb 20, 2015 4:46 AM

Jul 2013
Well if there was another way to release the egg besides the the la lunga ripping the guardian apart why would the egg need to bait the la lunga?
I hope they find some way for Chagum to give birth without being ripped apart
Ratohnhaketon said:
The use of the flowers definitely shows that the episode with Saya drinking the flower wine was not without purpose. I like how the two worlds are intertwining with one another, looking forward to the final main event.
Yeah agreed even the song that the kids in the rice field were singing in the beginning episode which helps in telling the tale of the egg and nahji flying away with the egg.So much of culture of the two worlds entwined into the story telling,songs traditions etc.It makes the story seem more natural rather than forced.
Feb 21, 2015 2:20 PM

Dec 2013
Damn, Tanda got some balls. I hope he'll be alright.
Mar 21, 2015 12:43 AM

Nov 2013
Damn these episodes are going by quick now...

Tanda stabbing that egg-eater was so fucking metal.

The race is on and now everyone is heading to the land of the feasting.

I can't wait to see what happens next.

Awesome episode.

9/10

Apr 7, 2015 8:23 PM

Sep 2013
Even though I don't think Seirei no Moribito is a 10 eanime (not for now, at least), I have to say they have some of the best stand alone episodes I've ever watched.

The two episodes about Jiguro, the blacksmith episode. This one was also amazing.
Sep 28, 2015 2:03 AM

Mar 2012
Zatoichi said:
Tanda is cool!! it's a good thing he didn't die.

For now at least. I still have a bad feeling about that confession death flag a few episodes ago. That and the 3 elite archers mentioned only makes me think that the Mikado really doesn't want any loose ends.
Mar 10, 2016 12:19 PM

Mar 2010
Another 10/10 episode. I'm loving how not a single character is useless in this show. Even though Balsa is clearly the most badass person out of them, they all contribute, so they don't feel like they're there just to boost character count. Yay for Tanda's ingeniousness! Hopefully he will survive this.
May 8, 2017 5:59 AM

Oct 2012
I was expecting bigger plot twist, maybe like fire is actually not its weakness or maybe egg eater have different ability than ripping apart things
Well there goes my expectation xD

I hope no one dies, please :(
"Signature removed"
Sep 27, 2018 3:28 PM

Sep 2011
And yet again, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time!

To think that the hunters, and Balsa would be working together towards a common goal at last, it was really cool to see them working together, though I'm not really attached to any of them. And well, it was also nice to see Shuga and Torogai sharing their knowledge as friends, this is the approach the empire should've had with the Yakue, but maybe it isn't too late.

But according to Shuga, even though they were able to fend La Lunga off with fire in the past, it still killed the kid that carried the egg, so they pretty much have to come up with a new way to successfully bring the egg into this world without killing Chagum, and I don't think it will be easy.

And finally Tanda! The MVP! He realized the properties of those flowers, something that even Torogai wasn't able to perceive, turning them into their last hope. He also dashed like a madman into a spiritual beast to test it, he's really brave, I was worried he was going to die, but they killed one of the egg eaters. I felt a bit bad for it though, since it was just a creature trying to fulfill its gruesome role, but there was no other way. There is still one, maybe more, left and the fight isn't over yet!
Sep 19, 2019 6:54 AM

May 2015
i ship totogai and shuga.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 22, 2021 11:58 AM

Jul 2017
It was a very good episode, more of a setup episode for the big action and finish for the final two episodes now that everyone's headed to the actual Place of Feasting, Sanaan.

All I really need to comment on in this episode, was about how Tanda was just so fucking awesome at the end. He isn't the flashiest guy, isn't one you associate as a cool hero to support and root for due to his quiet nature and lack of fighting abilities unlike someone like a Balsa who he is always around, but he had his moments here in this episode when not only receiving Torogai's message to go to the right place to confront the egg eater along with Balsa and the rest of the guards who were with the two of them, but also to be in the line of battle, roaring like a beast as he takes one of them down after consuming the sig saluas, with no regard for his safety whatsoever. He stepped up and looked as much of a warrior as Balsa did and in the end, made it closer and possible to really save Chagum now that they have the ability of truly fight the egg eaters.
May 3, 2021 3:57 PM
Jan 2020
I hope Tanda don't die.
Jun 3, 2023 2:14 PM

Jun 2020
Incr3dibl3 said:

Ratohnhaketon said:
Yeah agreed even the song that the kids in the rice field were singing in the beginning episode which helps in telling the tale of the egg and nahji flying away with the egg.So much of culture of the two worlds entwined into the story telling,songs traditions etc.It makes the story seem more natural rather than forced.

That's one of the things that is tipping me towards giving this show a 10. The world is really well realized and the filler episodes in Kosen-kyo and the village only added to that. Even the straight up exposition feels natural a lot of the time, the idea of having two peoples who both have a differing but limited understandings of the world they live in was a master stroke, as the characters manage to mostly avoid "As You Knowism" by learning from each other! As they explain stuff to each other during the actual plot we learn about the world they live in without it slowing down the plot with clunky forced dialogue. The only mis-step was the sword-smith episode imo, that could easily have been a 10 minute segment. Even that had a vital purpose though, her spear that can sever the bonds of fate is going to play a big part in the final battle I reckon.

Also Balsa is finally getting nesting instincts lol. I'm ust imagining her with a baby bump and a stroller looking all serious and warlike XD.
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
Sep 7, 2023 8:35 PM
Oct 2021
They're really tying everything together. The finale is upon us. Another great episode.
Aug 23, 5:57 AM

Apr 2017
People really hate when a guy is a healer or any role traditionally had by a woman. 😂 Now he's strong and has balls, because he attacked the Rarunga. As if his traits of being empathetic, wise, and brave weren't shown before.

Though rant aside, the cut looks a bit bad, but it shouldn't be anything to kill him. At least, I hope...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Aug 23, 2007

61 by Safrichh »»
Oct 16, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 18 Discussion

mild_even - Aug 14, 2007

34 by Safrichh »»
Oct 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ashura - Aug 9, 2007

51 by Safrichh »»
Oct 5, 8:45 PM

» What do you think of Seirei no Moribito?

medicalmidget - Aug 19, 2011

16 by TransferUser »»
Sep 23, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 16 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 31, 2007

47 by Safrichh »»
Sep 21, 7:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.