Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 19, 2012 9:03 AM
Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Dat snipe!! Hana the Florist Sniper!!! I can't believe they actually won!!!!

Dat drift!!! Mako is a drag racer!!!

bippoNov 19, 2012 5:17 PM
Nov 19, 2012 10:43 AM

Apr 2011
After two weeks of waitng, where finally back on track. I've been waiting pass midnight and it was worth the wait.

Sh#t! The episode was freakin' intense! I thought Miho's team would lose when they where being chased and took out 2 tanks by the firefly. I can't believe they actually did it!

Damn, Hana's epic shot made my jaw drop, and it was a moving target too! It's very difficult to lead a target. She just prove she's an excellent gunner! And we got to know that the flag tank is Arisa's and the short haired girl is on the firefly.

I feel so teary eyed when the rest of the teams rush to Miho and Kei gave Miho a hug. It was so sweet. Also, seeing Momo's hopeless sad expression when they were being piinned down was surprising and new.

Yet, the celebration was cut short for Mako when her grandma was rushed in the hospital. It was a good thing Maho, was kind enough to let Mako use their helicopter to get to the hospital.

Awesome episode. It made me smile through the episode. Seeing them won for the first time makes me so feel happy that I want to celebrate with them. Looking forward in watching this in subs!
MagitoNov 19, 2012 11:01 AM
Nov 19, 2012 11:31 AM
Oct 2012
One of the things I love about animation is how good the staff usually are at fitting the music to the scene, and Girls Und Panzer in general, and this episode in particular was very good at this. The march they used when Mako was boarding the helicopter and the segue into the other "big" schools blitzing their opponents was excellent. The various american themed marches used in this episode was also very good.

The blitzing music was particularly interesting. It hints that the show is about to become darker. It is obvious that the SC is hiding a secret about what happens if Ooari loses, I had thought it was that the school (and the ship) was going to be closed and scrapped (I don't think it is a coincidence that their ship was so much smaller than St Gloriana), and while I still think this is the case, but I think there could very well be an even deeper meaning to this (that has to do with the civilization and why Senshado is so popular). Maybe I am reading too much into this, but the director definitely wants this to be a serious animation (otherwise he would be more accepting of fanservice), and I wouldn't put anything past him.

But over all, fun episode.

Looking forward to the standard hater's hate posts. I already know what they are going to say. The nice thing about them is that they are really predictable, and the blandness of their critiques says all we need to know about them.
Nov 19, 2012 12:16 PM

Jul 2010
This was a very exciting episode to watch. Lots of tense moments all to the way to climax where Hana made that amazing shot to win the match. However, it seems there is stiff competition waiting ahead.
Nov 19, 2012 1:26 PM

Oct 2012
^ Takuan_Soho, thank you for alerting us to this drool-inducing photo. Rather than having a lot of people making uninformed random comments, I would prefer it if some history, swimwear or fanservice expert can explain in detail exactly what Saemonza (左衛門佐) is wearing. She is the gunner on the history buff team. She is an expert on the Warring States Period (戦国時代 / Sengoku jidai). She loves Archery (弓道). Apparently, that headband that she always wears is a 六文銭模様付きの赤い鉢巻. I don't know what that means, but you can search on Google Images to see many examples.

okanaganNov 19, 2012 1:58 PM
Nov 19, 2012 1:57 PM
Oct 2012
okanagan said:
^ Takuan_Soho, thank you for alerting us to this drool-inducing photo. Rather than having a lot of people making uninformed random comments, I would prefer it if some history, swimwear or fanservice expert can explain in detail exactly what Saemonza (左衛門佐) is wearing. She is the gunner on the history buff team. She is an expert on the Warring States Period (戦国時代). She loves Archery (弓道). Apparently, that headband that she always wears is a 六文銭模様付きの赤い鉢巻. I don't know what that means, but you can search on Google Images to see many examples.

That I can do. The Loin cloth is a traditional man's swim wear, the chest wrapping is traditional for woman engaging in martial arts, and her headband and loincloth motiff is the family crest of the Sanada family, on which her character is based: Sanada Saemon Yukimura: the number one warrior in Japan,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanada_Yukimura

For Japanese Family Crests:
http://www.utc.edu/Departments/edast/ncta/chatt/pdf/Glasscock-LP1_handout-crests.pdf

Scroll down to Sanada.

Edit: Just noticed in watching the English edition: when the History Club is debating which battle this reminds them of, Saemonza mentions Tennouji, which is the battle her namesake died.
Takuan_SohoNov 20, 2012 12:42 PM
Nov 19, 2012 5:18 PM

Apr 2008
Quoting the same question from streaming site: Who’s Takashi ? ^^;

The fire inside Type-89 is worrying. Shouldn’t the cockpit be safe in this game ?

Regarding the characters:
- St. Gloriana ==> Hana
- Saunders ==> Yukari & Mako

So if Kuromori is reserved for Miho, Saori’s background should be shown after the battle against the Soviets, right ?
nseikaNov 19, 2012 9:05 PM
Nov 19, 2012 5:20 PM
Sep 2012
Girls und Panzer theme played at Ooarai Ankou Festival by BLUE HAWKS marching band.

Girls und Panzer roke tour.
Nov 19, 2012 6:50 PM

Apr 2011
okanagan said:
Up to now, the girls' fighting has all been land-based. But they have just announced their first upcoming OVA titled "Water War" (ウォーター ウォー). You can see four scenes from this OVA here: http://urx.nu/2y9m

Aw. Mako is so cute, but I prefer if she wear a two piece bikini. Ayumi and Aya looks cute in their swimsuits as well.
Nov 19, 2012 8:51 PM
Sep 2012
After 2 weeks of waiting, it's finally here. All I can say is YES!

That tank battle was really fun to watch. It was so worth the 2 week wait just to see this.

LOL @ at the akward silence between the 2 tanks (I forget who they are).

LOL @ Mako's meow ringtone.

Takuan_Soho said:
okanagan said:
Up to now, the girls' fighting has all been land-based. But they have just announced their first upcoming OVA titled "Water War" (ウォーター ウォー). You can see four scenes from this OVA here: http://urx.nu/2y9m

Ah, so there is a fanservice episode, putting it in the OVA makes complete sense. You know I can talk hours about this but, what a second, what is this picture...

Uhm (wipes drool from face), what was I talking about.....
My personal fav:

IconicNov 19, 2012 8:55 PM
Nov 19, 2012 9:05 PM

Jul 2012
That helicopter looked like something from the 1930's.
Nov 19, 2012 9:12 PM
Sep 2012
Nov 19, 2012 9:33 PM

Apr 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
her headband and loincloth motiff is the family crest of the Sanada family, on which her character is based: Sanada Saemon Yukimura: the number one warrior in Japan,

YUKIMURAAAA!!!

But what about Oryou? What historical character is she based on.

Added note:

- Makos' ringtone is cute. On the OP Maho is carrying a cat. Hope the cute
feline appears. I love cats and Mako's is like a cat too. Lazy, sleepy, and adorably
cute. Make her wear nekomimi(cat earts) and make her say "nyaa", and it's perfect! lol

- Maho is definitely using a tiger I, It's the same tank that was shown in Miho's flashback on episode 1 when they were arguing with the student council. Team Oorai better upgrade/replace they're tanks.

- My prediction is that Miho's development would be on the last part of the series when the Nishizumi sisters finally face off.

- I love the part when Noriko, team Duck's commander and Arisa had a long awkward silence. It was funny.

- The most awesome part is Hana's epic shot. The historian's and the student councils' faces and even Arisa's faces where priceless. Way to go Hana!

- Subs, were art thou?
MagitoNov 19, 2012 9:53 PM
Nov 19, 2012 9:51 PM
Oct 2012
Magito said:
Takuan_Soho said:
her headband and loincloth motiff is the family crest of the Sanada family, on which her character is based: Sanada Saemon Yukimura: the number one warrior in Japan,

YUKIMURAAAA!!!

But what about Oryou? What historical character is she based on.

Top Three Answers to Your Inquiry

I don't know which character you are talking about, so I can't help you.
Google it, you dumbass
First, start by taking off your clothes.

On second thought, forget the third one, we don't need to restart that shinsekai yori thread.

Wikipedia has the answer to all such questions:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girls_and_Panzer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narasaki_Ry%C5%8D

Narasaki Ryo, wife of the great bakumatsu hero Sakamoto Ryoma.
Nov 19, 2012 11:36 PM

Jan 2011
highlight of this episode for me was that slow mo shot, intense fight after a long wait

that one girl that was sooo mad had some crazy mainly face at 6:20 lol

those other teams at the end didn't seem like they KO'd those panzers with one shell..
Nov 19, 2012 11:56 PM

Apr 2009
Damn, that episode was good. The scene with the Type-89 and the Sherman just staring at eachother in disbelief was actually hilarious.

This show is criminally underrated here.
Nov 20, 2012 2:11 AM

Sep 2012
Damn, let her swim !
Nov 20, 2012 2:15 AM

Apr 2011
Poor Arisa. She gets chased by Oorai, gets dump by the guy she likes, and gets punishment for unfair play. lol
Nov 20, 2012 3:14 AM

Aug 2012
Great ep but as we saw, they couldn't do a thing against the Firefly... they need to get there hands on a more powerful tank soon or they won't stand a chance agains a Tiger or a T-34.

Love that they use real military hymns/marches as BGM ^_^
RabbiacNov 20, 2012 3:31 AM
Nov 20, 2012 3:49 AM
Jun 2008
so now after blasting one of the sherman tank cue radio sherman spy person going on why yet oh awkward meet with one of the oarai tanks cue the chase.

radio sherman running from all 5 oarai tank with radio spy female going panic-breakdown-WHY they going to get ya mode til here more sherman tanks to chase in.

with shooting & tank down cue one snipe shot down goes all the sherman hurray they win but reizei's family member got ill til miho's sister gve reizei ride to her grandparents.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Nov 20, 2012 3:57 AM

Apr 2009
Now, this is what I call Panzerfahren!
A great battle and we got a good dose of character development as well. I really liked how well-paced and structured the whole episode was; it is kind of pathetic that Mädchen und Panzer is declassing most other currently airing anime when it comes to battle scenes (I'm looking at you, SAO).
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 20, 2012 5:49 AM

Oct 2011
Liph said:
Great ep but as we saw, they couldn't do a thing against the Firefly... they need to get there hands on a more powerful tank soon or they won't stand a chance agains a Tiger or a T-34.

They could - but for some reason didn't use well potential of StuG
but yeah later version of Panzer IV and changing remaining 3 to something that can fight would improve their chances.

Still very nice episode and looking forward to next one... Anzio? Italy?
plus T-34 in Pravda team - I hope they have some bigger toys also (KV as flag vehicle and let tem try to destroy that thing).
Nov 20, 2012 6:00 AM

Apr 2010
This was worth the two week wait the ending was a bit over the top tho looks like they will be facing some tough opponents if they make it to the finals.
That helicopter that Miho's sister offered was a Focke-Achgelis Fa 223 and fits the anime perfectly i was expecting something else so it was a surprise.
I was also under the impression that Maho gained some respect for Miho after watching this battle it seemed like she was opening up to her and i wonder what will happen to there relationship when the anime progresses.
Then there is Mako even tho she doesn't show to much emotions she tends to overreact when she is shocked or surprised like now about hearing her grandmother was in hospital or the time she was scared of her which makes her a very interesting character.
Hope everything is alright with her grandmother tho.

Miho's reaction when Kei hugged her was pretty funny it showed that she isn't used to that kind of behaviour.
It does show that Miho is getting acknowledged by the commanders of the opposition tho.
Hopefully for Miho she won't get overestimated tho since the school the just defeated was a strong school with a reputation the opposition will not take them lightly anymore.
Nov 20, 2012 7:40 AM

Aug 2012
Dalek-baka said:
Liph said:

They could - but for some reason didn't use well potential of StuG
but yeah later version of Panzer IV and changing remaining 3 to something that can fight would improve their chances.

One tank won't be able to do "all the work" :/
Nov 20, 2012 8:02 AM

Mar 2012
I love this episode

The snipe shot
The blues music-although just 10 seconds its still great.
The strategy
The satisfaction

Its perfect

And those girls are probably better tank operators than everyone in the world..
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Nov 20, 2012 8:11 AM
Oct 2012
Aversa said:

I was also under the impression that Maho gained some respect for Miho after watching this battle it seemed like she was opening up to her and i wonder what will happen to there relationship when the anime progresses.
Miho's reaction when Kei hugged her was pretty funny it showed that she isn't used to that kind of behaviour.
It does show that Miho is getting acknowledged by the commanders of the opposition tho.
Hopefully for Miho she won't get overestimated tho since the school the just defeated was a strong school with a reputation the opposition will not take them lightly anymore.

Couple thoughts on those points:
1) As for the "hug". The Japanese don't do hugs, particularly between strangers. Miho is probably the most reserved of her team, but most Japanese would have been uncomfortable with how Kei acted. In episode 5 notice how often the other team members mention how friendly the Saunders team is.
2) This episode continued the "hetalia-esque" level of national stereotyping. Americans are seen as overly-friendly, socially aggressive, lacking in deep thought and strategy (overcoming it through sheer numbers), extravagant, flamboyant, and each one of these stereotypes was put to good use in these two episodes. The good thing was it was done with such a light touch, and overall, in good spirits (and in many ways positive), that it wasn't annoying to this American.
3) I wouldn't say that Maho respected Miho's victory. A lot of it was based on luck, and it was definitely not a Nishizumi school style of winning. But seeing the other commander acting in a true Senshado fashion, even to the point of losing, did remind Maho that there is more to Senshado than winning.
3a) Which is the crux of the problem between Miho and her family. Similar to Hana, Miho is rebelling against the way her family is stuck in the traditional application of her art. Note how happy Miho was when Kei explained her concept of Senshado. Like Hana, Miho wants a new flower, a new way of Senshado, which she believes has become too rigid. Notice the reactions of several of the other characters, particularly Ami Chouno, to the chase. This isn't their mother's Senshado.
4) A big psychological scene will occur when they face Pravda. If my guess is accurate, Black Forest loss to Pravda and this loss wasn't entirely due to Miho (though she was scapegoated for the loss and does blame herself for it, as noted in her attempt to steady her hand). She is going to have to overcome that trauma
4a) That said, Pravda's ruthless attack probably did un-nerve Miho, particularly as she was stuck in the rigid Nishizumi system (which Maho said in episode 2, and the School creed posted here a while back says). Think of it like the German's at Stalingard. They were not allowed to retreat, and were eventually destroyed. The German leadership couldn't comprehend that the Soviets had better tanks and tactics than they did and this inflexibility participated a lot to their ultimate defeat, I think something similar is going on here. Her Mother and Maho are still in denial about it, blaming Miho, who does think she is partially responsible (blaming her lack of talent), but at the same time Miho is aware than something is wrong with the Nishizumi style, and is groping to find her new flower.
Nov 20, 2012 8:50 AM
Jan 2011
Well , according to Arisa, there were 50,000 of them being manufactured during WW2......Correct, The said tank is sturdy , tough and comfy............well, half true, co'z the Sherman is also called "Rolling Ronson" which means that because the tank uses gasoline it easily burst into flames when hit directly. And according to Discovery Channels Top 10 Tanks, the Sherman's protection only receives an average score of 6.

Btw: a Ronson is a kind of cigarette lighter, and also it is the Sherman that is a death trap according to tank experts.

A Firefly doesn't refer to a Sherman variant, it refers to the high velocity gun it carries, it was mounted by the British to take out Tiger Tanks and other heavy tanks.
Nasty001Nov 20, 2012 8:56 AM
Nov 20, 2012 9:48 AM

Oct 2011
Liph said:
One tank won't be able to do "all the work" :/
Used in a right way it can - like in previous episode.
But chasing Sherman with Lee and StuG didn't had too much sense - as they had to aim with an entire tank. It was designed to hide, shoot and move to different position not to run around.

Nasty001 said:
Well , according to Arisa, there were 50,000 of them being manufactured during WW2......Correct, The said tank is sturdy , tough and comfy............well, half true, co'z the Sherman is also called "Rolling Ronson" which means that because the tank uses gasoline it easily burst into flames when hit directly. And according to Discovery Channels Top 10 Tanks, the Sherman's protection only receives an average score of 6.
It's half true about this fire - first models had said problem but later they were removing things that could cause fire (wet storage and other invention like this).
Other thing is that in fight agaist Tiger or Panther they didn't had much chance. But in it's class it was very good tank, comparable with T-34 (ok much more comfortable and I think reliable).

But gun it was 17-pdr and there was some more things changed by British to make it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherman_Firefly
Nov 20, 2012 9:56 AM

Apr 2011
"Army Goes Rolling Along" is the song used when the firefly and the four shermans started chasing team Oorai.

It would be more hilarious if they played "Yakety Sax" during the chase scene. Seeing Arisa's panic state puts a smile to my face.

Nov 20, 2012 10:03 AM
Oct 2012
Dalek-baka said:

But gun it was 17-pdr and there was some more things changed by British to make it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherman_Firefly

Thanks for that link. There was something I read in it which highlights why we all like this animation so much. In the note section: US designed tanks put the gunner on the right and loader on the left. British practice was the reverse

Note that they got this fact correct in the animation. The loader is indeed on the left, where as most of the other tanks have the loaders on the right.

Someone put some thought into this adapting the British Firefly to the American side. It's this attention to detail that makes this show so great.

Another small example, but these are the small things that fans pick up on, can be seen in the scene where the freshmen and volleyball girls tanks are being towed, note that while 9 of the girls are cheering and waving, Ms. Staring off into Space (we all know who she is) is indeed staring off into space. It's a one second scene, but again, it shows that the team is thinking and paying attention to such details. That is professionalism.
Nov 20, 2012 12:35 PM
Nov 2012
Nasty001 said:

The part about Sherman's lighting up isn't actually about their gasoline engines (that's a myth), but rather their ammo: most Shermans burned in such a manner were actually destroyed by ammo explosions. And the Shermans that did suffer said explosions were those that didn't use the "Wet Stowage" system of ammo storage, which used a water/glycerine mixture contained in the outer walls of the ammo racks to retard any fires and/or explosions should the ammo racks get penetrated.

Also, later war Shermans were no longer as vulnerable to said ammo explosions as they mythically did. One account of a Soviet tanker(Dmitry Loza) who used Shermans in the war actually commented on how T-34's suffered far more ammo explosions than their Shermans. You can read about his account here.
Nov 20, 2012 1:41 PM

Nov 2011
The 2 weeks were not in vain.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 20, 2012 2:49 PM

Sep 2012
Pretty cool first match! Next match should be against the Italians, I wonder if Mako's problem will be solved before the next match, I guess it won't be the case...
Nov 20, 2012 2:54 PM
Mar 2011
I was wondering... was the sick grandma actually a trap? Because it was too much of a coincidence otherwise (but that doesn't mean much in a show like this).

Also, did they say some time during the series how good and where from these tanks are, or are we expected to know?
Nov 20, 2012 3:04 PM

Oct 2012
Pilgrimage to the GaruPan Holy Land

ガールズ&パンツァー聖地巡礼! 鹿島臨海鉄道6000形 水戸~大洗間 前面展望
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShhUe0RLClw

Apparently this video was taken by a serious GaruPan fan who is also a train buff. The title is "Girls & Panzer: A pilgrimage (巡礼) to the Holy (聖) Land (地) ! Forward (前面) view (展望) from a type-6000 train along the Kashima (鹿島) seaside (臨海) railway (鉄道) from Mito (水戸) to Ooarai (大洗)". It is 18 minutes long. But it shows NOTHING but the view out the front window of a train. In fact, the train doesn't even START MOVING for the first 90 seconds. The train starts in Mito City and ends up in Ooarai. Recall that Hana Isuzu and the three Student Council members are all from Mito City. The distance to Mito is 15 km, so the Isuzu family servant (Shinzaburo) was in great physical shape to be able to pull their rickshaw all that way. We first see Shinzaburo pulling the rickshaw at 16:30 in Episode 4. It is interesting viewing if you want to get a feel for the countryside in Ibaraki Prefecture in November. It is not at all unusual for GaruPan fans to describe a trip to Ooarai as a "pilgrimage" as you will discover if you do a Google video search for ガールズ&パンツァー 聖地巡礼. Every true GaruPan fan is obligated to visit Ooarai at least once.
okanaganNov 20, 2012 3:51 PM
Nov 20, 2012 4:16 PM

Oct 2011
SayuriUliana said:
Also, later war Shermans were no longer as vulnerable to said ammo explosions as they mythically did. One account of a Soviet tanker(Dmitry Loza) who used Shermans in the war actually commented on how T-34's suffered far more ammo explosions than their Shermans. You can read about his account here.
Thanks for the link!

After being put from T-34 into some other tank I don't doubt he came to like it (except M3, Soviets hated those) - bigger comfort of operating, ease of repair and not riding in something that was scavenged from other tanks.

Takuan_Soho said:
Someone put some thought into this adapting the British Firefly to the American side. It's this attention to detail that makes this show so great.
I think it's this guy behind it
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=86830
also with Upotte and Strike Witches - and whatever one can say that they are fanservice fest (they were) in terms of historical details they were very good.
Nov 20, 2012 4:38 PM

Feb 2012
Good episode :D
The animation felt smooth~

And maybe it's only me, but I felt like the helicopter scene at the last part of the episode felt so long that it was just used to fill in the remaining time in the 24mins course of the show :|
Nov 20, 2012 4:57 PM

Apr 2009
SayuriUliana said:
The part about Sherman's lighting up isn't actually about their gasoline engines (that's a myth), but rather their ammo: most Shermans burned in such a manner were actually destroyed by ammo explosions. And the Shermans that did suffer said explosions were those that didn't use the "Wet Stowage" system of ammo storage, which used a water/glycerine mixture contained in the outer walls of the ammo racks to retard any fires and/or explosions should the ammo racks get penetrated.

Although flammability of tank gasoline engines has been greatly exaggerated, it's just as wrong to completely write them off the list of culpits. Gasoline (and its vapors especially) are decidedly more flammable than diesel fuel, and the resulting tank fire more intensive; also contributing in M4 are transmission, located in the front of the hull, and hydraulic systems in turret. And after the inside of tank is on fire, ammunition cooking up is usually a matter of seconds - although wet stowage indeed greatly reduced this tendency.

Also, really, one should take Loza's works with a bag of salt - for a biased personal account that it is. You might not know, but USSR recieved only a few gasoline M4s - after experiences with extreme loss rates of M3s due to fires has led it to firmly request that only diesel-engined M4A2 be supplied. And actual statistcs tell of ammo explosions being a comparatively uncommon thing for T-34 - typically occuring only when tank was completely engulfed in flames, since ammunition (located on the floor) was very rarely hit and partially protected by bins. Rather, many 34s outlived several crews, being repeatedly knocked out only to be quickly patched up and sent to combat again with new crew members.
Nov 20, 2012 5:32 PM

Sep 2011
Was actually a pretty good episode. Mako grandmother collapsing :(
Nov 20, 2012 5:40 PM

Oct 2009
Magito said:
"Army Goes Rolling Along" is the song used when the firefly and the four shermans started chasing team Oorai.

It would be more hilarious if they played "Yakety Sax" during the chase scene. Seeing Arisa's panic state puts a smile to my face.

I hope they put more of Austrian and Germany march in next episodes. :3
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Nov 20, 2012 5:49 PM

Nov 2011
Oh, it's more than just a game of tag this time around.

Hell, this episode was like one of those old school games I used to play with Tanks. I forget the name of it but it involved dodging and hitting the brakes like crazy. Anyways, not a bad episode and a few of the OST reminds me of Star Wars for some reason.

Nice win for Miho's team and this girl was pretty damn cool imo this episode:

I also lol'd @ Mako's phone. It's meoooooowing. I feel sad for her though ;.;
Nov 20, 2012 6:00 PM
Sep 2010
Mute sound on the episode then start playing Yakety Sax in the background at 13:24. It fits... worryingly well.
Nov 20, 2012 6:08 PM
Oct 2012
HauntingShock said:

And maybe it's only me, but I felt like the helicopter scene at the last part of the episode felt so long that it was just used to fill in the remaining time in the 24mins course of the show :|

I speculated on this earlier, I think it was deliberate and it will indicate a shift in the show to a more serious mode. The episode for the most part was light-hearted and fun, particularly in the music and with the tones of the sky: this all changed with the phone call. The helicopter scene was a transition, the animation turned darker, the music more ominous, and the scenes more serious, and kept this way through the rest of the episode.

It sort of reminded me of that scene in Code Geass's second season, when at the end of the "love school" episode, Shirley all of a sudden has her Geass removed. You knew people were going to die in the next episode. I wouldn't go as far as to say people are going to die, but I think the negative stuff they have been hinting at up to know is going to come forward in a heavy way.

Could be wrong, we will find out in six days!
Nov 20, 2012 6:19 PM
Oct 2012
Kittle said:
Mute sound on the episode then start playing Yakety Sax in the background at 13:24. It fits... worryingly well.

I'll be damned, you are absolutely correct. I haven't done something like this that fit so well since doing the Dark Side of the Moon/Wizard of Oz experiment.
Nov 20, 2012 7:18 PM

Apr 2011
Kittle said:

I actually did that. Freakin hilarious.
Someone should do an a video of that and upload it on youtube.
Nov 20, 2012 7:37 PM

Feb 2012
So glad it's back! Great ep.

Dat slow-mo shot! Seemed like they really put a lot of work in this ep animation wise. I can see part of why it was delayed.

As for Mako.. sad times :(. I hope her grandma is ok!
Nov 20, 2012 7:55 PM

Apr 2011
Yvese said:
As for Mako.. sad times :(. I hope her grandma is ok!

Yeah. I can totally relate to that.

Is Arisa using a firefly? Because it has a longer barrel as well.
Nov 20, 2012 8:28 PM
Apr 2011
I assume the rest of the enemies' tanks are shot down before the final one is shot down?
Nov 20, 2012 8:46 PM

Apr 2009
endlessabyss said:
I assume the rest of the enemies' tanks are shot down before the final one is shot down?

No? There were still 7 Shermans and 1 Firefly left on the opposing team, but because Ooarai disabled the flag tank, they won.

If the Saunders team had disabled the President's tank on Ooarai's team, Ooarai would have lost since that was their flag tank.

It was different to the battle against the St. Gloriana team.
Nov 20, 2012 9:11 PM

Apr 2011
It was explain before that flag battles is use during tournaments.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

okanagan - Mar 25, 2013

276 by Punkero »»
Sep 27, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 22, 2012

123 by Dogibomb »»
Jul 26, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 8, 2012

252 by C1922 »»
Jun 18, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

symbv - Mar 18, 2013

168 by patkarunungan »»
Jun 6, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2012

194 by patkarunungan »»
Jun 5, 9:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.