Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 25, 2011 2:42 AM

Dec 2010
-Touching episode indeed. I'm really happy that Kaede doesn't hate Kotetsu now. :D
-Oh and Kaede's powers could be flight since I saw her floating after she gave the drawing to Kotetsu.
-I really hope the whole declining power thing is a lie. D:
-Wow Kotetsu is pretty strong even without his powers.
Jul 25, 2011 2:53 AM

Jun 2008
Anime_Name said:
Taksun said:
Anime_Name said:

I could have sworn most of episode 14 were giving signs of a potential relationship even though at this point it is one-sided. I don't have many expectations but the writers are doing more to feed the shipping rather than stop it.

I thought it was pretty one sided in episode 14 though. Kotetsu really has no clue towards her feelings and I doubt anything is going to happen because there's still his deceased wife that he still thinks about. Though I mainly don't see anything happening because romance isn't really a core part of the series.

Yeah I said it was one sided too but my point was that there have been signs made, which another poster said there were none of. Whether or not those feelings get explained/found out and accepted/denied remains to be seen. I think the writers should address her feelings further in a future episode instead of not dealing with the setup they made.

Whatever you see as the core of this show is one thing but as a theme and side-story romance is not off the table for Tiger and Bunny. All the baggage you listed for Tiger is what made episode 14 and Blue Rose's crush interesting because at least by the end of the episode she found out about all of that and still kept her crush on him.

Showing her feelings isn't a sign for a relationship at all. It seemed more like an attempt to add something extra in Blue Rose so she will still have some interest and portraying an image of Kotetsu.
The show really never seemed to promote the idea that there is a possibility for an actual romantic relationship developing between them.
Jul 25, 2011 5:22 AM

Aug 2009
Just when hero fighting was getting a bit played out, Tiger & Bunny pulled through with such a touching episode. The father/daughter moments were just great! Made me laugh and cry (almost). We learn more of Kotestsu's history and personal life. Great episode! It just made the entire series so much better.
Jul 25, 2011 8:25 AM

Mar 2009
I rarely post my feelings about show in topics like this but after this episode I just have to do it. I dunno if it's the best ep in whole show but it certainly was very amusing. I'm also one of people who really like protag.

tbh I'd love to think that Kaede realised who her father really is but at the moment I really don't know if that's what happened. Either way, if Kaede has NEXT powers he propably would tell her about himself. Maybe not now but in near future.

And, one more thing I would like to see (in distant future ofc) is Kaede and Kotetsu working together as heroes (Bunny will be sad, but hell, who cares xD!).
Jul 25, 2011 12:49 PM
Oct 2010
So Kaede-chan is a NEXT too? x_x;;
Jul 25, 2011 1:36 PM

Sep 2010

Every time they talk there is a relationship being shown. The relationship between Blue Rose and Wild Tiger is one of friendship with a spackling of a one-sided romance.

The show dealt with Blue Rose's crush like any other tsundere crush; She denied it, insulted her target, she talked to her friends about it, her friends helped her cope, and she eventually accepted having those feelings. At this point it is not a full fledged romantic relationship but the groundwork for a romance has been set in place. IF those two get together OR IF those two come to terms that they can't be together in a future episode no one would be able to honestly say it was out of the blue and totally unexpected because the show and every synopsis of episode 14 has already fucking told you that Karina had developed feelings for Kotetsu.

Jul 25, 2011 1:39 PM

Jul 2009
God, THIS SHOW. Poor Kotetsu, oh my god T_T For once I really felt for his tragic backstory thing D: I wonder if he really will quit his job though? :S
Also ... I thought, didn't his mom have white hair? I thought previously when he called she did (or maybe my memory's going lol). Who would have thought he'd be the quiet younger brother XD Wow, Kaede is a NEXT too, but kind of expected that :O
More plot next episode. Grahhhhhh >_<
Jul 25, 2011 7:19 PM

May 2010
Tiger is one of the protagonists anime needs. He got lots of issue to deal with yet he's still playing his roles just fine. What a man..
Jul 27, 2011 4:37 AM

Jul 2011
Dude, we just saw an episode where Kotetsu, aside from taking his father role seriously; grieved over not being able to keep the promise he made to his deceased wife, Tomoe - cut him some slack.

Anime_Name said:
At this point it is not a full fledged romantic relationship but the groundwork for a romance has been set in place.

At this point; Kotetsu is still wearing his wedding ring.
More like a groundwork for shippers has been set in place, don't jump the gun.

My point?
Shipping Blue Rose x Tiger is as adorable as Blue Rose's one-sided crush on him.

For now? Blue Rose's crush doesn't even concern the plot - save it for another episode.
Jul 27, 2011 6:42 AM

Nov 2009
I'm personally elated that Tiger and Bunny will be getting a manga adaptation (in the MiracleJump, it seems). Now even when the TV series ends, I'll have something to be looking forward to))
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 29, 2011 1:42 AM

Aug 2008
So sweet (and bitter!) episode. I loved those flashbacks and all that family talk. I could relate maybe too well, the episode felt so... sad. Very sad. For a moment I feared the granma was gone too. Kotetsu quitting his job makes me also sad, but I guess it can't be helped. It's probably on hold anyway with next episodes.

I felt the whole Kaede in danger was a bit cliched way to gain her trust, but somehow this show still manages to win my heart with it's all clichees too. Weird. I'm not sure whether to think Kaede being a NEXT is an epic thing or if I don't like it. At least it's pretty logical, her father being a hero and all.

CG said:
I'm personally elated that Tiger and Bunny will be getting a manga adaptation (in the MiracleJump, it seems). Now even when the TV series ends, I'll have something to be looking forward to))
This just made my day.
Jul 29, 2011 11:19 PM

Aug 2009
It's rare that something touches me so much, but this did, a lot.

CG said:

I was really happy about this news too. Then we can have new plots perhaps with some central villains besides Ouroborus. Anyway, the mangaka is AMAZING, it will be easy imagining the panels as animated.
Jul 31, 2011 8:56 PM

Sep 2010

More like groundwork so that IF<---IF Blue Rose opens up to Koetsu viewerswill be at least prepared because of the established feeling of BR. Like if the finale has shows Pao-Lin kissing Ivan fans that would be out of the blue and fans would be going WTF. However if the finale shows Blue Rose and Tiger kissing it will be like "ohhh I remember she was crushing on that dude. I guess it worked out."

I am not jumping the gun as I only said there is officially potential there for a relationship. Hell I have said that multiple times and people like you are still putting words in my mouth.

For now? Blue Rose's crush doesn't even concern the plot - save it for another episode.

Yet it did concern the plot and is part of the established ongoing relationships between the heroes.

Aug 1, 2011 3:17 AM

Nov 2007
Nice ep. that involves with Kotetsu's family. Sakamoto Maaya is the wife??

Kaede is NEXT, too!!
tsubasaloverAug 1, 2011 3:26 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 1, 2011 7:02 AM

Jul 2011
I should be more elaborate then.

Anime_Name said:

More like groundwork so that IF<---IF Blue Rose opens up to Koetsu viewerswill be at least prepared because of the established feeling of BR. Like if the finale has shows Pao-Lin kissing Ivan fans that would be out of the blue and fans would be going WTF. However if the finale shows Blue Rose and Tiger kissing it will be like "ohhh I remember she was crushing on that dude. I guess it worked out."

Back to square one; established feelings of what exactly?
That it's romantically one-sided; yeah, we got that - but it still wouldn't do much for the hypothetical finale you mentioned.

As for the bolded part, I would agree; except 'that dude' happens to be the title character in this case, along with another dude. And while this show has got its moments of crushing, it hasn't provided anything to flesh it out with.

I am not jumping the gun as I only said there is officially potential there for a relationship. Hell I have said that multiple times and people like you are still putting words in my mouth.

That wasn't my intention, and I apologize if it came off that way.
But taking that argument in its entirety, it'd still suggest on something other than what we've actually been given; which's also a matter of cognitive thinking.

Yet it did concern the plot and is part of the established ongoing relationships between the heroes.

I was only pointing out its particular relevance to Episode 17 "Blood is thicker than water"; which's none.
Aug 1, 2011 12:03 PM

Sep 2010
Back to square one; established feelings of what exactly?
That it's romantically one-sided; yeah, we got that - but it still wouldn't do much for the hypothetical finale you mentioned.

What has been established is a one-sided crush that has yet to be resolved.

As for the bolded part, I would agree; except 'that dude' happens to be the title character in this case, along with another dude. And while this show has got its moments of crushing, it hasn't provided anything to flesh it out with.

Has the production stopped for the series?
I posted two imaginary situations to contrast the level of shock a fan would have if the romance developments in all Tiger and Bunny came to a standstill until the finale. Dragon Kid x Origami Cyclone would be a more surprising official relationship than Blue Rose and Wild Tiger because there was no lead-in or established relationship beforehand.

But taking that argument in its entirety, it'd still suggest on something other than what we've actually been given; which's also a matter of cognitive thinking.

I've only offered up the reasoning that one person having feelings is how a romantic relationship can start. People are just too busy harping on why it can't happen and mixing posts in their denial. As I said before I have no expectations for that relationship and only know person A is in like with person B and depending on how person A's like is handled, person B could be in like with person A at some point in time.

I was only pointing out its particular relevance to Episode 17 "Blood is thicker than water"; which's none.

If my opinions keep getting put under question then I am fully prepared to support and clarify my posts until one of a few things happen; I get banned, I get bored, or the thread gets locked.

Aug 1, 2011 1:26 PM

Jul 2011
Anime_Name said:

What has been established is a one-sided crush that has yet to be resolved.

My point.
And as I've previously stated somewhere earlier; it's likely to serve for the development of Blue Rose's character - there's still no telling for sure.

Has the production stopped for the series?
I posted two imaginary situations to contrast the level of shock a fan would have if the romance developments in all Tiger and Bunny came to a standstill until the finale. Dragon Kid x Origami Cyclone would be a more surprising official relationship than Blue Rose and Wild Tiger because there was no lead-in or established relationship beforehand.

Dunno about you man,
I'd still see that coming out of nowhere if that was the case ; mainly because Satou himself has stated that the show takes the distance and relationships between the characters seriously (with focal point on T&B). Surely if that is the case, there'd be some mutual hinting throughout the show by now.
Besides, the director was pointing to Kotetsu & Barnaby ; which makes sense, as there's been more development to the bromance if anything.

As I said before I have no expectations for that relationship and only know person A is in like with person B and depending on how person A's like is handled, person B could be in like with person A at some point in time.

And that is fully understood.
I could just reword the same point again - but it'd be rather pointless as this discussion has already drifted into one of semantics.
Aug 1, 2011 2:41 PM

Sep 2010
My point.And as I've previously stated somewhere earlier; it's likely to serve for the development of Blue Rose's character - there's still no telling for sure.

Good! We share the same point that I mentioned when I first commented in this thread. Correct there's no telling for sure that's why I have only been dealing with what has happened in the show and how the show might deal with Karina and Kotetsu's characters.

Dunno about you man,
I'd still see that coming out of nowhere if that was the case ; mainly because Satou himself has stated that the show takes the distance and relationships between the characters seriously (with focal point on T&B). Surely if that is the case, there'd be some mutual hinting throughout the show by now.

Don't know about what? There was a comparison of two events there. One event has groundwork and happenings in the anime that remind the audience about a character's feelings and the other event has never been covered or hinted at over the course of the anime. One is out of nowhere and the other has a story attached.

Aren't we in agreement that everything is one-sided right now. Why does there need to be mutual hintings? The series shows that Kotetsu is content with his status as a single dad and oblivious to Blue Rose's feelings. At this point in the series there would need to be something direct to get Kotetsu to act, just like everything else with him.

Clearly the show is focused around Kotetsu and Barnaby as individuals, heroes, and a combo. The pair still have their own lives and separate paths of character development, so having to deal with the romantic feelings of a co-worker could be part of Kotetsu's story in the near future, or not. I am not expecting a large amount of time devoted to this relationship since Tiger and Bunny is not a romance anime that spends episode after episode showcasing awkward moments between two or more smitten characters but the series has demonstrated that some thought/effort goes into depicting the characters' relationships. A bromance(A non-sexual relationship between two men that are unusually close.) doesn't exclude characters from having romantic relations with others.

I could just reword the same point again - but it'd be rather pointless as this discussion has already drifted into one of semantics.

If you weren't arguing semantics you wouldn't have anything to argue about at this point.

Aug 1, 2011 3:36 PM

Jul 2011
Anime_Name said:
Good! We share the same point that I mentioned when I first commented in this thread. Correct there's no telling for sure that's why I have only been dealing with what has happened in the show and how the show might deal with Karina and Kotetsu's characters.

What has happened in the show; a lot, and a lot more to deal with in the coming episodes - from Barnaby's memories, the team's sudden change of mind on being heroes and what not.
I'm just curious in general /biggest understatement.

Aren't we in agreement that everything is one-sided right now. Why does there need to be mutual hintings? The series shows that Kotetsu is content with his status as a single dad and oblivious to Blue Rose's feelings. At this point in the series there would need to be something direct to get Kotetsu to act, just like everything else with him.

I brought it up in context with the hypothetical/imaginary ending and the fandom's reaction, remember?
The rest goes without saying.

Clearly the show is focused around Kotetsu and Barnaby as individuals, heroes, and a combo. The pair still have their own lives and separate paths of character development, so having to deal with the romantic feelings of a co-worker could be part of Kotetsu's story in the near future, or not. I am not expecting a large amount of time devoted to this relationship since Tiger and Bunny is not a romance anime that spends episode after episode showcasing awkward moments between two or more smitten characters but the series has demonstrated that some thought/effort goes into depicting the characters' relationships. A bromance(A non-sexual relationship between two men that are unusually close.) doesn't exclude characters from having romantic relations with others.

Exactly, Tiger & Bunny is more mature in its dealing with the relationships ; something that's appreciated on my part.

And also, bolded; No one implied otherwise.
SicAug 1, 2011 3:41 PM
Aug 2, 2011 12:59 AM

Sep 2010
What has happened in the show; a lot, and a lot more to deal with in the coming episodes - from Barnaby's memories, the team's sudden change of mind on being heroes and what not.

Indeed there's some real issues that are going to be dealt with in coming episodes because of recent events. However will those be the only events covered by the end of the series? Doubtful.

I brought it up in context with the hypothetical/imaginary ending and the fandom's reaction, remember?
The rest goes without saying.

No, you tied that comment with your paraphrasing of the director. That comment is not bound to a hypothetical and ignores how the writers are handling Kotetsu as a character. The epiphany moments of when he finally figures out the most obvious of things or when he unknowingly answers a question he never knew existed is part of what makes Kotetsu such a laugh and great boke.

Exactly, Tiger & Bunny is more mature in its dealing with the relationships ; something that's appreciated on my part.

And how the show deals with Kotetsu and Karina could very well fall inline with being another mature take on relationships.

Aug 2, 2011 2:24 AM

Jul 2011
No, you tied that comment with your paraphrasing of the director. That comment is not bound to a hypothetical and ignores how the writers are handling Kotetsu as a character. The epiphany moments of when he finally figures out the most obvious of things or when he unknowingly answers a question he never knew existed is part of what makes Kotetsu such a laugh and great boke.

I even mentioned that his comment was specifically directed to the characters of Kotetsu and Barnaby ; and it very much applies to the writing of the characters and the story, as the director himself is heavily involved and influential in the universe of T&B and the development of it (part of the main staff); He speaks for them in this case.

And how the show deals with Kotetsu and Karina could very well fall inline with being another mature take on relationships.

Yep, and I've said expressed earlier that I'd find it a great development for Karina if she somehow matured from it; (as opposed to acting like she did in the last episode). That's just my opinion.
Aug 2, 2011 3:07 PM

Sep 2010
Cydonia said:
Yep, and I've said expressed earlier that I'd find it a great development for Karina if she somehow matured from it; (as opposed to acting like she did in the last episode). That's just my opinion.

The only way for her to mature from it is for the writers to have it happen in the show, that's if the writers handle it in a way you find mature.

I even mentioned that his comment was specifically directed to the characters of Kotetsu and Barnaby ; and it very much applies to the writing of the characters and the story, as the director himself is heavily involved and influential in the universe of T&B and the development of it (part of the main staff); He speaks for them in this case.

That certainly is an interesting aside. However the vague description of his influence over the product feels like your trying to change the scope of the conversation. Saying he thinks the titular characters are the focus of the show is just one of those painfully obvious things people say when they have nothing else to say. So unless you have the director weighing in on the specifics of this conversation with what he wants to happen by the end of the series his role in the series has no influence in this discussion.

Aug 2, 2011 4:16 PM

Jul 2011
That certainly is an interesting aside. However the vague description of his influence over the product feels like your trying to change the scope of the conversation. Saying he thinks the titular characters are the focus of the show is just one of those painfully obvious things people say when they have nothing else to say. So unless you have the director weighing in on the specifics of this conversation with what he wants to happen by the end of the series his role in the series has no influence in this discussion.

That was just a cut from the translated interview, it's pretty interesting.
Of course, any information taken out of its whole context can be misleading. Me bringing up his statement was for no other reason than to bring some thoughts on the staff's part - as we're discussing the characters in a broader sense. For me, aside from general analysis of the plot and its characters - trying to understand the creators intent with said plot and its characters adds a great deal to it.
Aug 2, 2011 7:37 PM

Sep 2010
That's not what I am talking about at all. Let's see where is the actual point...
The show doesn't give any sign that any possible Blue Rose-Kotetsu relationship is really on the cards so is better not to have expectations about that part.
I could have sworn most of episode 14 were giving signs of a potential relationship even though at this point it is one-sided. I don't have many expectations but the writers are doing more to feed the shipping rather than stop it.
Ah there it is. Try to go light on the flip-flopping and hotair in your next post.

Aug 3, 2011 1:22 AM

Jul 2011
I stand by my initial point, although your post isn't directed at mine regarding yours - What you're looking for is;

Cydonia said:

Anime_Name said:

At this point it is not a full fledged romantic relationship but the groundwork for a romance has been set in place.

My point?
Shipping Blue Rose x Tiger is as adorable as Blue Rose's one-sided crush on him.

If there's nothing to deduce or debate on from above content that we already haven't discussed so far, there's really no point in repeating it.
Aug 3, 2011 2:10 AM

Sep 2010

Where did I jump the gun? I have only stated what has been presented in the show at some point to highlight what groundwork has been placed. Of course that point will be lost in your next quote because you have some other generally true statement in your loop of empty comments.

Aug 3, 2011 2:21 AM

Jul 2011
To sum up it up;
You're claiming to not support the pairing, yet still provide every possible argument on the case.

So far I've been discussing as to why it wouldn't seem likeable, on the basis of not only the characters - their circumstances, relationships and the plot; but also the creators own motives and writing for the characters. Particularly the title characters, as one of them happens to be one in this discussion.

- You haven't countered any of these arguments with your own back up of research or data as to why Blue Rose x Tiger could go beyond one-sided, aside from "ifs".

Forget the pairing being one-sided, this discussion is one-sided.
SicAug 3, 2011 3:34 AM
Aug 3, 2011 4:47 AM

Sep 2010
Your conclusion is wrong and once again, as predicted, ignores my actual point. I am only covering what was shown to say there was groundwork created for more development between Kotetsu and Karina. If it is further addressed whatever the result it would be connected to a pre-existing hook in the series.

None of the creators motives on this particular subject were covered in that interview at all. There isn't anything to counter because there is nothing relevant in that article to my point, assuming my point is what our discussion about.

How or why a romantic relationship could happen is not my argument. I have no reason to provide proof for a position I don't hold.

I do get the feeling you are purposely not misrepresenting my point in order to not address it in order to drag this into a never ending cycle of your empty posts.

Aug 3, 2011 5:05 AM

Jul 2011
Anime_Name said:
I do get the feeling you are purposely not misrepresenting my point in order to not address it in order to drag this into a never ending cycle of your empty posts.

The irony.

Here's my outline of it;
Note that I'm not denying that they're providing groundwork for shipping - that's pointed out in my first post.
But you went from that statement and continued;

At this point it is not a full fledged romantic relationship but the groundwork for a romance has been set in place. IF those two get together OR IF those two come to terms that they can't be together in a future episode no one would be able to honestly say it was out of the blue and totally unexpected because the show and every synopsis of episode 14 has already fucking told you that Karina had developed feelings for Kotetsu.
Following this and after I'd questioned your statement; you brought up that in a hypothetical ending if they were shown canon, the audience would readily accept it and make sense of it.
To which I disagreed, again ; and stated my reasons for why.

I'd leave it at agreeing on disagreeing as this will go nowhere.
Aug 3, 2011 8:08 AM

Sep 2010
I never said the audience would accept anything. My comment only said that the audience would be able to recall older episodes and see the groundwork, by the book tsundere, for one outcome but not the other.

I'd leave it at agreeing on disagreeing as this will go nowhere.

Despite your pitiable lamenting I'd bet on you not agreeing to disagree.

Aug 3, 2011 8:18 AM

Jul 2011
Clearly, even an 'if' or 'possibility'/hypothesis stems from a point of view ; there's more or less a logical processing in even reaching that, it's a conclusion by itself - and that's what I questioned.

Whatever floats your boat.
Aug 3, 2011 2:47 PM

Sep 2010
Right, the conclusions you have been questioning have been constructs of your own doing to avoid my point of there being groundwork in place.

I already stated what floats my boat. Your reason for perpetuating your cycle of misrepresentation and evasion is unknown to me even though your posts predictably go nowhere.

Aug 3, 2011 9:19 PM

Jul 2011
I don't know what you're stilll so rigidly defending after bringing up roundabout arguments of stating the obvious midway; something like "There's an ongoing relationship between Blue Rose and Tiger", that's not taking any position on anything to even argue about, but here you are; so there must be an underlying sentiment.

It's pointless now though, after you done so much dodging.
Aug 3, 2011 11:49 PM

Sep 2010
The position of saying there is groundwork for a relations is an argument because that comment was directed at someone who said no such evidence existed.

I have not been dodging anything. The majority of my dialogue with you has been correcting your misrepresentations of my comments and saying you have run out of nits to pick yet you continue to shift around in semantic jibberish.

Aug 4, 2011 1:02 AM

Jul 2011
Saying that there's a groundwork for a relationship is one thing, there's one between all of the characters; however, targeting into a specific nature of that relationship is another thing entirely.
And that's also what you discussed with the other person about, and that's also what I picked up.
There's nothing to misinterpret in that.
Aug 4, 2011 5:47 PM

Sep 2010
Saying that there's a groundwork for a relationship is one thing, there's one between all of the characters; however, targeting into a specific nature of that relationship is another thing entirely.

Obviously it is another thing entirely. Addressing a specific relationship type is what the discussion(The discussion I started with the other poster) is about and what the groundwork in question is in reference to is about.

And obviously it is after my posts that you then picked up the discussion.
Your recollection of events in chronological order is dazzling to bad it's marred by how retarded you act when you participate in those events.

Aug 4, 2011 8:58 PM

Jul 2011
And that discussion had its own concepts about the groundwork.
Arguing on the basis that there's a 'possible relationship' between Blue Rose and Tiger of a specific kind is what brought us to this point - but how that would/could be dealt with or even if it would came from different point of views.

Also, protip; if you're trying to pick down the opposite side's argument or opinion - resorting to personal attacks isn't going to do that for you.
Aug 4, 2011 9:42 PM

Sep 2010
There wasn't a discussion about the concepts of the groundwork itself, but there was your misconceived concepts but you drop those and move on to the next pretty fast.

Arguing on the basis that there's a 'possible relationship' between Blue Rose and Tiger of a specific kind is what brought us to this point - but how that would/could be dealt with or even if it would came from different point of views.

You mangled it up again: The episode 14 "Love is Blind" placed a starting ground for a romantic relationship between Blue Rose and Tiger.

Your "protip" seems a bit late. I have been pointing out how deceptive you are and how stupid your empty posts have been around the time bringing up the director failed to prove anything other than he is the director. You can reword them all you like but they are going to stay wrong if you insist on distorting what's been said. As for the opposite side's argument or opinion, where is it? You have nothing and the only actual argument/opinion that has part of this discussion is from Monad and Taksun.

Aug 5, 2011 12:02 AM

Jul 2011
You mangled it up again: The episode 14 "Love is Blind" placed a starting ground for a romantic relationship between Blue Rose and Tiger.

This is the only point I've argued so far, what starting ground for a romantic relationship between Blue Rose and Tiger? - It was a starting ground for a one-sided crush that've only been that so far.
As for arguing on how it will be resolved, that's a different matter; I only brought up why it likely wouldn't be 'romantically' resolved regarding your hypothesis - which you brought into context in the first place.
No one argued on there being no relationship between them; all they said was that they didn't see a mutually romantic conclusion to it.
That's a point of view.
Aug 6, 2011 2:01 AM

Sep 2010
The one-sided crush is the groundwork for a romantic relationship between the two characters. Without indicating that at least one character likes another it would be pretty tough to start a romance between established characters in the middle of an ongoing story. This is why having a one-sided crush is enough to be considered groundwork for romance.

How it will be resolved and how it's unlikely to work is well beyond the intent of my post. My examples were not hypotheses of what would happen or how anything could work out, they were only meant to contrast the difference between "new story element" and "established story element" in terms of audience awareness.

Aug 6, 2011 3:08 AM

Jul 2011
Obviously, we've got different ideas or use of the word romance in this case, but that's fine.
I just perceive it as adding a romantic aspect to Karina as a character; as opposed to it adding romance to the relationship - but I can see why it adds to shipping-material, as mentioned in the first post.

I get what you were explaining with the established elements regarding relationships ; but the element itself was questioned - which's a matter of perspective, as mentioned above.
Aug 6, 2011 1:31 PM

Sep 2010
Never said it adds romances to the relationship. One character liking another character is how romances can start, thus the crush she has is seen as a starting point(groundwork) for a romance and not the romance itself.

The element was explained for those with incorrect perspectives. Maintaining an incorrect perspective after clarifications have been made is a matter of someone being to obtuse for their own good.

Aug 16, 2011 9:52 AM

Aug 2008
As a dad, this episode just made me so happy. ^__^

Though I did wanna smack Kotetsu's daughter a few times for being so rude. Regardless, a very nice episode. It looks like he's accepted his fate, but we all know he's not done yet. There's still too much left undone.

Aug 30, 2011 3:22 AM

Oct 2010
Homecoming episodes always did it for me.

Aw... is there no way for his power to maintain? Now that's just sad man.
Oct 13, 2011 2:34 PM

Feb 2008
you know i feel very silly writing these comments after the anime has ended :0
but anyhow this episode was adorable
and i was not expecting Kaede to be a NEXT (*marathons the crap out of this show*)
Dec 27, 2011 7:46 PM

Nov 2007
Hm, so I guess NEXT powers are genetic? A NEXT parent starts to lose their powers when their kid starts to develop them. Interesting.

Not really sure where we're going to go from here. Looks like Tiger really will quit -- what can he do with his powers fading and his newfound resolve to be with Kaede? She'll need all the help she can get, too, with understanding her new powers.

And why are people in this thread going on about Blue Rose/Tiger? It's never going to happen. She's way too young for Tiger, and he doesn't think of her that way. Gross.
Mar 15, 2012 1:15 PM

Dec 2009
I thought it was very cute when Kaede was leaping next to the train. How lovely for Tiger. This was a nice episode.
Apr 1, 2012 5:15 AM

Oct 2011
Oh god.
So many feelings right now.

That was such an adorable and touching episode.
LOVED. IT.

I completely understood Kaede, and yet I STILL felt sorry for Kotetsu.

I still can't believe he just shrugged off Kaede being a NEXT. Doesn't that mean there's a possibility of her becoming a hero as Kotetsu retires?
Is she going to be his hero this time?

Either way, that episode just put me in a teary mood.

CAN'T ANYONE CUT KOTETSU SOME SLACK?
|ω・)
May 25, 2012 4:00 PM

Nov 2011
Aww, cute ending to this cute episode ^^
Jun 5, 2012 12:15 PM

Aug 2008
Does Kaede know that her father is a Hero?
Everyone else knows he is Wild Tiger.

If he said those simple words she might understand that he loves her, but he has a higher responsiblity as well.

She also has respect for Barneby so if she knew her dad was a hero and his partner she might cherish that. She might even get to meet Bunny.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

214 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 25, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - May 14, 2011

74 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 15, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Torisunanohokori - Apr 23, 2011

87 by CheriCake »»
Feb 3, 2023 2:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.