Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 9, 2011 1:19 PM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Tiger x Bunny!?

Could something happen between Barnaby and Kotetsu's Daughter. XD

He kinda looks like younger version of Banagher from Gundam UC..

Apr 9, 2011 2:36 PM

May 2010
This show looks pretty good! Can't wait to see more. When I saw it was labeled a "mecha" show, I was thinking I'd probably hate it (I don't like mecha :P) but it doesn't really feel like one.

I know of Bandai, but is "SoftBank" a real company???
IceAndCreamApr 9, 2011 2:39 PM
Apr 9, 2011 3:04 PM

Feb 2010
Really liking this show so far. Looking like it will be one of the best of the season.
Apr 9, 2011 4:36 PM

Jun 2007
I continue to love this show. Superheroes plus buddy cop drama is a winning mix, especially with characters like Kotetsu and Barnaby. And even when the main character succeeds at almost everything, his daughter becomes a fan of his biggest rival. Hilarious.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Apr 9, 2011 5:04 PM

Mar 2010
IceAndCream said:

It's one of the major cellphone companies in Japan, kinda like Verizon in the US.

Apr 9, 2011 6:24 PM

Nov 2007
another good episode. too bad he didn't get to see his daughter there. Bunny is still a real jerk. I guess they'll try to make us like him.
Apr 9, 2011 8:39 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode....Tiger is such a good person and a total opposite from the other money hungry heroes. A super hero should want to save others, not just want to look good. I also like how he has possibly given another n.e.x.t the chance to become his own self and fight for justice.....I really like this show and is definitely in my top 3 for the season
Apr 9, 2011 10:20 PM
May 2010
This anime is completely different to what I thought it was. I think I'm going to like this one

I love the part with the mechanic, so funny xD
Apr 10, 2011 12:03 AM

Oct 2009
I really liked this ep. I hope the show will stay as good as this.

It's nice to have adults as main characters for once.
This ep was pretty cheasy and cliche, I love it.
But I still don't like Bunny.
Apr 10, 2011 12:24 AM
Sep 2008
Another stellar episode, I look forward to the continuing adventures of Mecha Mr. Incredible and Bishie Iron Man.
Apr 10, 2011 12:54 AM

May 2008
LOL, the part with the mechanic reminds me of that scene in The Incredibles. I really like Konetsu. He's really the true hero of the series. Bunny...err, Barnaby is still a jerk. But we'll get more to that on the next episode.
Apr 10, 2011 1:20 AM

Dec 2010
I'm so glad we sampled this series last week. Then and now, I was rolling in my chair in giggle fits in my computer cluster with my friend. It's a great series "D

IceAndCream said:

All companies featured in the series are real companies. Softbank is a media company. Yes, even .Anime
I've actually talked to someone who works for it.

The mechanic was very Incredibles-esque.
Stories never begin, nor do they end. They are comprised of people living – an endless cycle of interacting – influencing each other and parting ways. As long as stories are told, they should not have clear endings.
-Baccano!
Apr 10, 2011 3:29 AM

Dec 2007
Quite cliched and sappy... then again a lot of stuff in anime involving children tends to be like this. :/ Why didn't Blue Rose just use her freeze rays to, at least temporarily, stop the building from toppling? So the angsty brat could get his comeuppance? -\(O_o)/-
Apr 10, 2011 3:44 AM

Oct 2008
superflat said:
Quite cliched and sappy... then again a lot of stuff in anime involving children tends to be like this. :/ Why didn't Blue Rose just use her freeze rays to, at least temporarily, stop the building from toppling? So the angsty brat could get his comeuppance? -(O_o)/-
You nailed it Sherlock. Let's be honest it was evident from the beginning of the 2nd half of this episode.
Apr 10, 2011 3:50 AM

May 2010
After the first episode, I wasn't sure about this series, but with the second episode, I am sure I want to keep watching!
I'm glad the main character actually wants to fight for justice and not just to make money.
I wonder what they'll do to keep the series interesting.
Surely, they need a villain?
Apr 10, 2011 4:01 AM

Apr 2010
Excellent episode. The part where he got the kid involved in saving everyone from the falling debris was very emotional. Looking forward to the future episodes.
Apr 10, 2011 4:13 AM

Oct 2008
Naokohiro said:
After the first episode, I wasn't sure about this series, but with the second episode, I am sure I want to keep watching!
I'm glad the main character actually wants to fight for justice and not just to make money.
I wonder what they'll do to keep the series interesting.
Surely, they need a villain?
More ads duh!
Apr 10, 2011 5:29 AM
Nov 2008
Tiger was definitely a whole lot cooler this time. The new suit masks how stupid he looked when he expanded in his old suit.

Too bad the whole points things seems to have gone out the window (they're mentioned, but there wasn't any points being awarded). I was hoping that they'd keep the erratic live-TV-esque camera angle thing going too, but that seems to be have been thrown out. I found the whole narrated fight concept in the first episode to be amusing.

I'm assuming that Ouroborus is Bunny's father, and that he will be some sort of Super Villain later on in the series.
Apr 10, 2011 6:25 AM

Jan 2009
good episode, but the story of this episode is predictable, but then again this is a shounen show so its meant for kids
Apr 10, 2011 6:29 AM

Mar 2009
superflat said:
Quite cliched and sappy... then again a lot of stuff in anime involving children tends to be like this. :/ Why didn't Blue Rose just use her freeze rays to, at least temporarily, stop the building from toppling? So the angsty brat could get his comeuppance? -(O_o)/-

Maybe, for once, a story will recognize that you need water to create ice. The only reason she was useful in the first episode was that they ended up fighting over some bay/lake/whatever.

The kid was indeed angsty and cliched, but I ended up liking the episode anyway. After watching, I figured it was because the tragedy of people with special powers being rejected by normal people(a way overdone approach) wasn't the real focus. Instead it was used to highlight Kotetsu's deep-rooted heroism(and give him a chance to be cool <3); a belief that the so-called 'NEXT,' who have difficulties finding a place in society, should become real-life 'heroes' and protect people, keep peace, etc.

Serious business aside, lolol Tiger/Bunny antics. My favorite part was seeing them constantly ditch each other. Barnaby reacting childishly to Kotetsu's (childish) taunting even endeared him to me. Kind of. That may not last when he gets an episode to himself, if the signals at a dark past are any indication of his depth. Please don't let him fall to what you just avoided with Tiger, Sunrise. . .
Apr 10, 2011 6:38 AM
Apr 2011
Wow this is actually getting a lot better.
I expected shit.
Very nice!
Apr 10, 2011 8:57 AM

Feb 2011
This show is quickly becoming one of my favourites of the season. The animation quality is still great: I guess with all those ads placements, Sunrise must be getting some good dough that can be used in making this series look great, eh?
Apr 10, 2011 9:51 AM

Dec 2010
When I saw the title I thought it was some stupid anime, after checking the description I gave it a chance and was totally amazed by its quality.
Animation is good, CGI isn't annoying, it has humour and isn't so cheesy
Totally waiting for the next episode

P.S. Maybe I like it so much, because I also like Marvel heros, but who cares :)
KuszekApr 10, 2011 9:57 AM
Apr 10, 2011 1:03 PM

Apr 2009
Very decent episode, but here comes another anime with a lead with a sad past. .____.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Apr 10, 2011 1:56 PM

Aug 2007
Episode 2 was even better than 1. I absolutely love this show.
Apr 10, 2011 1:57 PM

Nov 2009
Another interesting episode, but I have mixed feelings about this show. I like the idea of the show, and some parts are done well. My problem is, that some of the scenes should of been so much better than they were.

For example, when his daughter was in danger, I was half expecting the rescue scene and the realization that the kid was going to the ice rink to be much better. In the end, the scene didn't turn out that good, and it just turned into a small comedic scene, with the daughter thinking Barnaby was cool.

Overall, I think I will enjoy the series, but it could be so much better. It's a shame that it's so mediocre :S
Apr 10, 2011 2:00 PM

Aug 2009
I really like this show! Its probably going to be my favourite of the season.
Apr 10, 2011 3:03 PM

Jun 2009
The mechanic guy is hilarious. I enjoyed this series so far so maybe I'll continue watching it.

Apr 10, 2011 3:03 PM

Dec 2009
I had my doubts with the idea of capitalism taking over the super hero biz, but its better than expected. Can't wait for the next ep.

Apr 10, 2011 3:06 PM

Aug 2010
Totally thought that was Banagher.Pretty cliche and stuff but meh
Apr 10, 2011 3:48 PM

Mar 2011
This is starting to look like X-Men, but with a more comedic approach and less angst. I like the interaction between Bunny and Tiger. And damn the animation is great.
"I'm commander Shepard, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes is my favorite anime in the galaxy"
Apr 10, 2011 4:16 PM

Apr 2010
Ha. I love this show. It makes me excited to get up on Saturdays. Just like how I was back when I was a kid.

It's probably just me, but during the whole scene where Kotetsu is making fun of Barnaby and he shouts back "IT'S NOT BUNNY! IT'S BARNABY!" I kept imagining Barnaby with Quinton Flynn's voice (Flynn is the voice actor for Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2).

WE MANAGED TO AVOID DROWNING. I would like to apologize for anyone who didn't understand that.
Apr 10, 2011 5:07 PM

Mar 2009
Loved it, especially the part about Kotetsu and Mr. Legend.

I hope there's more of the superheroes outside of their costumes too though, it seems that the first few episodes are supposed develop the character personalities but there was almost nothing for the others aside Kotetsu and Barnaby this episode.
Apr 10, 2011 6:38 PM

Dec 2008
Dynamic duo they are not! But, Kotetsu is one of the most likable superheroes I've seen in a while. Not particularly fond of Barnaby right now. Can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 10, 2011 9:18 PM

Jun 2008
I really like this show & it surprised me...I thought I would drop it after the 1st episode. But I was wrong.

I have to agree it was cliche but it is only the beginning. Most beginning to shows are the same since they have to introduce character and give back story before getting serious. I have high hopes now for this series.

Kotetsu is awesome. I really like him. He is nice & kind and keeps the values of original heroes while the others are corrupted by fame and getting the highest ratings.

Barnaby [Bunny-chan] on the other hand is shallow and boring. Plus I hate his character design. I can't tell if he is suppose to portray a cool guy or a bishonen... either way he is a lousy character.

4/5 for the episode (:
Apr 11, 2011 12:01 AM
Mar 2010
I like the first episode better because it emphasized the idea of a hero business much more, but I will continue watching, this is interesting.
Apr 11, 2011 1:16 AM

Jan 2011
This episode has convinced me to keep watching through the season. Loved the balding overweight superhero who inspired Kotetsu.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 11, 2011 2:03 AM
Nov 2008
Think I'm gonna like this series.It has comedy,action and cool art plus 2 interesting characters.Can't wait for next episode.
Apr 11, 2011 6:04 AM
May 2010
I'm enjoying this series and will definitely be following it. Ep 02 impression is up. ^^

http://www.anispot.com/2011/04/10/tiger-bunny-episode-02/
Apr 11, 2011 9:09 AM
Nov 2008
Aside from the corporate superhero aspect, this show isn't really anything special. I don't dislike it, but I'm not really looking forward to, say, the wacky hijinks between Tiger and Bunny as they try to learn how to work together, for instance. It certainly doesn't help that Bunny is easily my least favorite of the superheroes. I care more about Tiger and his struggles as a superhero more than anything else. I'm not ready to give up on T&B yet, but I can see it going either way.
Apr 11, 2011 1:53 PM

Nov 2007
The thing I liked most about this series, is Tiger trying to deal with adult stuff. Like trying to find time for his daughter, try to be a rolemodel for kids etc.
Bunny isn't very likeable, but it was a nice twist that he safed Tiger's daughter, the first signs he has the potential to be a real hero.
Apr 11, 2011 1:54 PM

Mar 2011
This series could be more popular if they change the stupid title.
"I'm commander Shepard, and Legend of the Galactic Heroes is my favorite anime in the galaxy"
Apr 11, 2011 1:54 PM

Jan 2011
I liked this episode, even if it had that emotional part
but hey, we need an emotional part or else yeah its not very good (thats just me LOL)
seems like the next episode will show some of
"Bunny"'s side xD
well, this anime is getting good can't wait for more c:
Apr 11, 2011 3:06 PM

Aug 2008
i love the idea of this show, to have a bunch of superheroes compete for points, it's like a depiction of the anime industry. Who do you like more, Ichigo, Naruto or Luffy? It's kinda like that, only more homogeneous! And the characters are so likeable, with promising development, so i'm looking forward to the next epsiodes :D:D
Apr 11, 2011 3:51 PM

Mar 2010
thats the way japan..come up with your own action hero anime (Getbackers style) while getting sponsors to boot. not like some marvel crap remake.
btw that dude's power lasted way more than 5 mins, atleast 1/2 hour
Geso
-----:D
Apr 11, 2011 4:46 PM

Jun 2008
Ousto said:

It's nice to have adults as main characters for once.

I'll drink to that. Anime really got boring with all the school kids they throw at us.

MisaTange said:
Very decent episode, but here comes another anime with a lead with a sad past. .____.

There is a reason many characters in many stories have a sad past. The reason is that if everything in their past was just fine then there is nothing to show.

herox3 said:
I like the first episode better because it emphasized the idea of a hero business much more, but I will continue watching, this is interesting.

I agree that the first was more amusing but still pretty good.
Apr 11, 2011 9:07 PM
Feb 2011
I'm willing to bet that the big corporations are or are going to fund The enemies for profit
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Apr 11, 2011 11:55 PM

Jun 2007
Heroes with capitalist sponsorship, reminds me of Captain Amazing from Mystery Men.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Apr 12, 2011 8:38 AM
Jul 2009
Even better than the first episode. (Lil') Bunny (I'll be calling him that from now on)'s Engrish was funny and the scene where Kotetsu was mocking him was hilarious.
Apr 12, 2011 9:37 AM

May 2010
A good episode. Yeah, it was cliche but still enjoyable. =)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Blackbird - Jul 23, 2011

125 by Twicky_ »»
Aug 10, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

214 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 25, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - May 14, 2011

74 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 15, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.