Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2007 10:40 AM

Oct 2006
<strong>THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.</strong><br />----------------------------------------
<br /><br />So Sagum did die.. I still say his death should have been "presented" differently... It's a pity though since he was a nice character.

So, the circle is finally closing on Balsa and Chagum, and although it probably wouldn't be bad for Chagum to get caught now, since they know the truth, it seems they intend to kill Balsa while at it. She kept the heir alive... at least show some appreciation bastards ^^
It was nice to see the "medieval espionage" too. Can't wait for the next ep.
Jul 31, 2007 1:24 PM

Jun 2007
indeed, i dont understand it at all, why are they after attacking balsa? do they think she kidnapped chagum or what. anyways chagum wont let them hurt balsa for sure.
btw cant wait for next ep :S
Aug 1, 2007 1:42 PM

Aug 2006
Did anyone watch the previews for the next episode? Looks ominous... T_T... doesn't look good for Touya. T_T
Aug 1, 2007 2:40 PM

Oct 2006
Chelle said:
Did anyone watch the previews for the next episode? Looks ominous... T_T... doesn't look good for Touya. T_T
yeah.. I forgot to mention that. I hope he won't die :[
Aug 4, 2007 4:07 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
ashura said:
indeed, i dont understand it at all, why are they after attacking balsa? do they think she kidnapped chagum or what. anyways chagum wont let them hurt balsa for sure.

Exactly what I want to know. I don't understand why they're trying to kill Balsa. She's "PROTECTING" the Prince. Bah.
Aug 5, 2007 3:35 AM

Jun 2007
Can't wait for them to clash. The guards and balsa. And they really shouldn't be after balsa, except that i think they need someone to blame and she's it.
Aug 6, 2007 1:46 AM
Aug 2007
Can somebody fill me in on the circumstances of Sagum's death? I didn't quite pick up on it, though jaybe I wasn't watching closely enough. Was it an illness? Suicide (by poison)?

That aside, I thought it was a solid episode, but I'd hoped for a little more excitement. I think Kenji kamiyama's direction made the episode a lot stronger than it otherwise would have been, particularly in that final scene.

I'm really hoping the show is heading towards a really memorable climax, the way it has been building the plot.
Aug 6, 2007 2:04 AM

Jun 2007
Sagum was described as sickly early on and it was inferred that most people's hopes were in Chagum to succeed as Emperor. His sickness apparently took a turn for the worse. The only sickness they ever specifically mentioned was asthma.

Aug 6, 2007 2:54 AM
Aug 2007
death.
Legion17 said:
Sagum was described as sickly early on and it was inferred that most people's hopes were in Chagum to succeed as Emperor. His sickness apparently took a turn for the worse. The only sickness they ever specifically mentioned was asthma.

Thanks for that. I guess I was thrown off by the way it seemed so sudden, and earlier in the show I had mistaken illness for mourning his bother's
Jan 13, 2009 5:11 AM

Jul 2008
Awesome episode, those Hunters are damn efficient and proficient.
Apr 7, 2009 12:54 PM

Feb 2009
yakyuu-addict said:

That's good skill they rivaled Balsa in her team!
Jun 10, 2009 2:01 AM

Oct 2007
yakyuu-addict said:

Yeah, true. Freaky that the skinniest assassin was just scanning the weekly sells on the list.

Nice to know that the assassins have a good tactical plan, but they shouldn't kill Balsa. They should talk. Aren't they suspicious that they're told that she killed the prince and burn the second palace? They should just talk it out.
I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.
Jun 19, 2009 12:59 AM

Nov 2007
Wow all there paths are beginning to intersect and all, story just keeps getting better and those hunters are so skilled =/
Jul 25, 2009 1:37 PM
Jul 2008
I was expecting a full out conspiracy revealing when Shuga told the Emperor and His Holiness what he knew. I guess all they want really is Chagum to return so they continue to have an heir to the throne.

The assassins think Balsa will not give up Chagum without a fight. Which is true. They believe that they will have to kill her in order to get Chagum. With their history and misconceptions of each other, Balsa and the assassins probably won't take the time to actually talk and explain.
Jul 28, 2009 2:28 PM

Jun 2008
I don't get why do they need to kill Balsa......
Mar 28, 2010 11:05 PM

Sep 2008
HealthHazard has a point, but still... killing her is going too far. Not only did she save the prince BEFORE becoming his bodyguard - she also kept them from killing him thereby saving their land from the certain destruction that a neverending drought would bring about.

I will grant that she would certainly be suspicious of their motives and likely not believe them if they say that they now know he has to live, but she's not completely unreasonable. AND she went out of her way to avoid killing them at every encounter. That should count for something. Balsa, the hunters, the star readers, and Torogai should be working together to find a way to save Chagum from the Rarunga, not fighting over who's taking care of him.

The thing is - Chagum returning to the throne won't help - if Torogai and Balsa don't come up with something, he's going to die anyway. He needs to be in a place where he'll be able to do whatever the egg needs him to do.

I still hate the hunters. I don't care if they are skilled and care about the prince - they still only think about killing when they should be protecting. Jin is the worst of them all in my opinion. Also Shuga has once again lost points with me... because it appears that he is going to use Sagum's death to manipulate Chagum into coming back while knowing that the hunters are going to be attempting to kill Balsa.

I hope Balsa is strong enough to take them all on since it appears she'll be facing even more foes than before.
Jun 7, 2010 11:05 PM
Feb 2008
Fionartan said:
HealthHazard has a point, but still... killing her is going too far. Not only did she save the prince BEFORE becoming his bodyguard - she also kept them from killing him thereby saving their land from the certain destruction that a neverending drought would bring about.

I will grant that she would certainly be suspicious of their motives and likely not believe them if they say that they now know he has to live, but she's not completely unreasonable. AND she went out of her way to avoid killing them at every encounter. That should count for something. Balsa, the hunters, the star readers, and Torogai should be working together to find a way to save Chagum from the Rarunga, not fighting over who's taking care of him.

The thing is - Chagum returning to the throne won't help - if Torogai and Balsa don't come up with something, he's going to die anyway. He needs to be in a place where he'll be able to do whatever the egg needs him to do.

I still hate the hunters. I don't care if they are skilled and care about the prince - they still only think about killing when they should be protecting. Jin is the worst of them all in my opinion. Also Shuga has once again lost points with me... because it appears that he is going to use Sagum's death to manipulate Chagum into coming back while knowing that the hunters are going to be attempting to kill Balsa.

I hope Balsa is strong enough to take them all on since it appears she'll be facing even more foes than before.

All's fair in love and war and apparently politics as well

Yes this is true Chagum has a death sentence but the other team doesn't know that. Probably will be a reason why Balsa clashes with them that and the whole using her as a scapegoat for the prince's disappearance like they did before.
Aug 2, 2010 9:36 PM

Jun 2009
So he actually died, I didn't like how they presented his death - dying because not only of his burden on his work but lack of will to live for his little brother's death

Now, the hunters skills has been shown, like how he memorized that errand list date
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 29, 2010 12:31 PM

Sep 2008
Xinil said:
ashura said:

Exactly what I want to know. I don't understand why they're trying to kill Balsa. She's "PROTECTING" the Prince. Bah.

I was going to say the exact same thing. Are they just bitter about how she outsmarted them? How she bested them? Come on now, get over it... She protected Chagum up until now, and even saved him from... well, THEM when they were chasing after the prince so that he could be brought back and killed. If not for Balsa, Chagum would have been dead a long time ago! At least show some freaking gratitude! Aughhh.

I still think "His Holiness" is evil too. :|

And that one hunter... is scary. Photographic memory. Wow. :\ I wonder if they all have some sort of special skill that's unique to them? And Shuga... I don't know about him. I know he means well, but he seems blind - completely - to any possible corruption (I mean, "His Holiness" might be corrupted and eeevil). Blahh. Very interested to see how this all pans out, though.

[Animation was particularly wonderful this episode!]
Sep 2, 2010 10:39 PM

May 2010
Leave Chagum and Balsa alone!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 2, 2010 5:04 PM

Oct 2010
Can't comment on the plot since I already know how things will turn out. Gah, should've known this forum at my first run at the anime.

I like how the Invincibles were tearing behind their face covering in the beginning, and how they don't have the same height when they line up. Sagum is a sad character, I remember my heart kinda sank when they made his death official.
The hunters were awesome as always, it was fun when the suspenseful music abruptly stopped after Saya brings out the tea and the 'Chief' was back peacefully in place.
Jan 5, 2011 9:51 AM

Oct 2009
OK, why are they trying to kill Balsa????
WTF retarded bastards >_<
Mar 16, 2011 3:40 AM

Apr 2009
I know the hunters/assassins are skilled at what they do but they finally have proof of their incompetence against Balsa. XD Even Shuga and the Holy Sage admitted to their mistakes due to negligence and obsession with politics.

Way before I got halfway through this series, I was wondering where the hell are the black-hearted villains out-to-ruin-the-world in this story? At this point, I'm sure everyone in the court seems to have a dark motive of their own even a little bit, it's politics after all so the conspiracies and the plots are the norm. In spite of that, they all seem to think foremost about the good of the empire. I'm just speculating at the moment so I admit I could be wrong in the coming episodes...

DeathReaper said:
OK, why are they trying to kill Balsa????
WTF retarded bastards >_<

Another looming question for this episode in my head just like everyone else here, what's the point in killing her now anyway? They all know she was just doing her job. Another scapegoat to cover the other ones? Since they are assassins maybe they only do stealthy "aggressive negotiations" (and with extreme prejudice at that) as Senator Amidala in Star Wars calls it. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 7, 2012 3:39 PM

Aug 2010
Finally, the pursuit begins. Things are going to get extreme. I can feel it.
Aug 17, 2012 10:37 PM

Jul 2011
I have a feeling the prince will get kidnapped while buying his candies. :(
Jun 27, 2013 10:06 AM

Sep 2009
Tsk :/ They're still trying to kill Balsa? :'(
Whyy?
Jun 29, 2013 12:55 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
HealthHazard said:
I was expecting a full out conspiracy revealing when Shuga told the Emperor and His Holiness what he knew. I guess all they want really is Chagum to return so they continue to have an heir to the throne.

Same here, I thought the Master Star Reader was going to be the big bad in this anime, but I guess not. So basically everyone just wants Chagum alive, but because of all this mess, like already having a funeral for Chagum, and the Sagum dying, though no one else outside the palace knows, they have to find a way to fabricate what happened. And I'm guessing that's why they need Balsa dead. Which would really suck if that were true since Balsa went through so much just to save Chagum in the first place. And Chagum would not like it if they killed Balsa. You get to see more of their relationship in this episode too, like how happy Chagum was to be praised for using good phrases and then when he was given money to buy treats.

Aside from what's coming up, Sagum :( He said that he wasn't able to touch people's hearts like Chagum was able to, but Sagum's still loved. His death was sad for everyone, even when the servants were supposed to become empty vessels, they were crying. He should've had more confidence in himself. But I guess it's all good because he did die with a smile on his face.
Feb 15, 2014 10:06 PM

Nov 2009
Too bad Shuga didn't read the second half of it, about how Chagum will likely die . . . Feel that this last bit will be a "rescue Chagum from those who are out of the loop so that they can then save him" . . .
Aug 16, 2014 2:08 PM

Sep 2012
i find it pretty stupid that they still want to kill Basla when they know she only wants to protect the prince & the order to kill prince is canceled, they have no reason to kill her anymore, its poinless to kill her, its a serious story writer error
Nov 12, 2014 9:20 PM

Apr 2013
Mother of god. Just when I think that the clown star readers and the rest of the clowns at the palace understand the situation, they want to fuck it all up again by trying to kill Balsa, take Chagum back by force, rewrite history again for their convenience and not try to understand anything at all (again). Classic bad guys and Shuga is right there with them. They just make me want to...

dankzelNov 12, 2014 9:47 PM
Jan 15, 2015 12:06 PM

Jan 2013
Impending conflict. Looking forward to the action though.
Feb 13, 2015 9:51 AM
Aug 2014
tingy said:
HealthHazard said:

Same here, I thought the Master Star Reader was going to be the big bad in this anime, but I guess not. So basically everyone just wants Chagum alive, but because of all this mess, like already having a funeral for Chagum, and the Sagum dying, though no one else outside the palace knows, they have to find a way to fabricate what happened. And I'm guessing that's why they need Balsa dead. Which would really suck if that were true since Balsa went through so much just to save Chagum in the first place. And Chagum would not like it if they killed Balsa. You get to see more of their relationship in this episode too, like how happy Chagum was to be praised for using good phrases and then when he was given money to buy treats.

Aside from what's coming up, Sagum :( He said that he wasn't able to touch people's hearts like Chagum was able to, but Sagum's still loved. His death was sad for everyone, even when the servants were supposed to become empty vessels, they were crying. He should've had more confidence in himself. But I guess it's all good because he did die with a smile on his face.

Pretty much my thoughts too; still so intense without any action.
Feb 19, 2015 3:56 AM

Jul 2013
kie_ said:
I don&#039;t get why do they need to kill Balsa......

Me neither. They could simply just find her and talk to her about Chagum returning to the Court, seeing as how the situation has resolved itself and Chagum is no longer a threat to the kingdom.I'm also sure since Sagum died it woud be nice to have an heir back to succeed the current emperor.
Mar 8, 2015 1:58 PM

Sep 2013
They talk like Balsa is a huge villain lol.

Wtf....

This is really non-sense.
Mar 17, 2015 2:56 AM

Nov 2013
The hunt for Chagum is now back in full throttle!

Why are they still trying to kill Balsa? Wasn't their main objective just to find the prince? Well at least we're gonna get some more sick fight scenes!

It's going to be hard for them to find Balsa and Chagum since they left their home.

Shit's finally getting exciting again! All those dialogue-heavy episodes really wore me out but they were still quite enjoyable.

Great episode. I'm excited to see what happens next!

8/10

Sep 24, 2015 11:00 PM

Mar 2012
As everyone else has said, I really dislike the fact that they're trying to kill Balsa while knowing that she's been protecting him the whole time. If it wasn't for her these idiots would've killed Chagum ages ago so they could at the least be hesitant to carry out a plan to kill her.....
Sep 27, 2015 2:50 PM

Dec 2010
It's such a nice change in pace that the royal court and attendants actually care for the well-being of their prince. I thought for a sec that they might be outraged to learn the founding history was false and try to assassinate the prince again to cover it up... thankfully, that wasn't the case.

But why are they trying to kill Balsa? :/
Dec 18, 2015 1:47 PM

Mar 2012
I laughed when that one hunter claimed he cared about Chagum's well-being. No, you imbecile, you tried to kill him instead of standing by his side and seeking alternative solutions. Now, even though you’ve been freed of misunderstandings, you’ve decided to “finish off” his protector and forcefully take him back. So much for repaying his kindness...

Pknoctis said:
But why are they trying to kill Balsa? :/

Remember how they set up Balsa as the arsonist who caused Chagum's death?
They're probably trying to uphold the empire's image of integrity by killing her instead of admitting to the public that they falsely accused and demonized Chagum's savior.

dankzel said:
Mother of god. Just when I think that the clown star readers and the rest of the clowns at the palace understand the situation, they want to fuck it all up again by trying to kill Balsa, take Chagum back by force, rewrite history again for their convenience and not try to understand anything at all (again). Classic bad guys and Shuga is right there with them. They just make me want to...

Nov 27, 2016 10:34 AM
May 2012
Oh just fuck off and leave them alone -.-
And to my surprise the Holy Sage just agreed when I thought he is a villain in disguise. Or maybe he is.....and the emperor, too.
May 8, 2017 12:30 AM

Oct 2012
But why they still want to kill her?
She didn du nuthing :(
She just protected Chagum just like her mother told her to

Ungrateful people (ꐦ°᷄д°᷅)
"Signature removed"
Aug 18, 2017 4:01 PM
Nov 2010
So the canyon or whatever was supposedly covered by a poisonous mist, preventing the guards from checking out the bodies. How did both Balsa and Chagum survive that mist, though?

No contemplation at all so far about what to do with Balsa after the change of situation on the ground. Chagum's mother is also totally out of the series after the premise.
Nov 30, 2017 11:19 AM

Dec 2015
Nice, this is getting exciting!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 26, 2018 2:02 PM

Sep 2011
So the reason the leader of the hunters didn't descend into that valley was because it was shrouded with poison, and Balsa and Chagum never fell there in the first place, those were just copies made with Torogai's magic, just like when she defeated those two hunters, poor horse. But well, Shuga was convincing, and now both the Emperor and the Holy sage are going along with his wishes, trying to get Chagum back alive, at least for now.

But the hunters are really skilled, I'm worried, Balsa doesn't even think that they know that she is alive right now, so the surprise attack is going to be effective. And by the episode preview Touya will be in danger too, things are going to get serious, and I can't even.
Sep 2, 2019 1:35 AM

May 2015
Ballza need to be more carefoul.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 16, 2021 7:19 AM

Jul 2008
I'm guessing the reason they still want to kill her is either they need to uphold the "law" since she kidnapped the prince, no matter the intention, OR they want to pin the blame on her in their "new fabricated history". Neither reasons being good.
Jan 21, 2021 1:21 PM

Jul 2017
Another really good episode as usual from this consistently great show.

With Sagum's passing, Shuga's now become one of the main guys involved in the game. After convincing the Holy Sage to be on his side (even though the Holy Sage already knew about Shuga infiltrating the sanctum from a while back), they are now on their way to search for Chagum and also kill the bodyguard Balsa in the process. They not only want the prince back after learning about the truth of his nature, but they want to kill Balsa I believe to cover the entire mess up about his death and disappearance, by pinning it on Balsa and rewriting history again with that storyline. It's definitely not ideal but it's more of a desperate move for the kingdom to save some face since the Emperor himself did order for people to kill his son in order to save the area from being attacked by a water demon in the future at the time.

The plan they formulated to search for Chagum and Balsa's location was quite simple and easy actually, they found out about how the Errand Runner Toya is loyal to Balsa, and deciphered potential locations she could be at, by looking at the ledger while behind his and Saya's backs, and even following him secretly as he looks to deliver the goods to Balsa himself. They even have him on the good side due to the "Chief" there. Going to be interesting to see how shit kicks off if they eventually do encounter both of them, especially Balsa since her job was to protect the prince so if he went back to the kingdom, what's next?

But what could put that in a little bit of jeopardy is seeing how much Balsa and Chagum's bond has deepened over time. There's familiarity now, a sense of banter too with Balsa joking around about how she wouldn't carry Chagum on her back anymore and is unafraid to praise or reward him like a kid when he progresses well. They've become a mother-son relationship that Chagum couldn't have properly with his own mother due to the circumstances at hand that led him to escape from her. And you can tell he's really embraced the commoner image too, and adjusted well to life there. Shame that the peaceful life he had for quite some time, is now in jeopardy due to the chaos that's about to ensue with the palace guards and Balsa potentially.
May 2, 2021 3:06 PM
Jan 2020
don't understand why these assassin's wants to kill Balsa.. isn't she protecting the prince?
Sep 21, 7:55 PM

Apr 2016
So they are going to kill her to paint her as the kidnapper that made it seem like Chagum was dead, aren't they? The tension was high this episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Aug 23, 2007

61 by Safrichh »»
Oct 16, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 18 Discussion

mild_even - Aug 14, 2007

34 by Safrichh »»
Oct 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ashura - Aug 9, 2007

51 by Safrichh »»
Oct 5, 8:45 PM

» What do you think of Seirei no Moribito?

medicalmidget - Aug 19, 2011

16 by TransferUser »»
Sep 23, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Faust721 - Oct 17, 2007

217 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Aug 23, 6:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.