Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2010 1:51 PM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We finally got to see why Aimee would want the
Earth disappear. This series was good and the ending
was also good. Also Juno appeared!!

Mar 28, 2010 3:08 PM

Sep 2008
Great series! I give it an 8/10

The only problems was the plot at the end how it ended up being 1 person wishing that the "Earth would disappear", like that's limited to 1 person. Other than that I loved the series. It took awhile to get use to because I wasn't interested in all the elements that they were trying to display.

Juno lives and I'm happy.. Also I wish Ren's parents would have seen ally and Ren together and be totally speechless, or at least the whole gang together instead of leaving it off on that bad note for them.
Mar 28, 2010 7:44 PM

Jun 2007
Series was great. The beginning was slow and kind of felt like pokemon or digimon but it totally changed for the better at the halfway point. I was a little disappointed that Ren and Ally's relationship was kept to a minimum at the end even though we know they like each other :(. I guess it would have been over kill having both Ren and Chiara have the same "lover" ending.
Mar 28, 2010 8:28 PM
Mar 2010
Last couple of episodes were disappointing. The Aimee Carr confession fried my "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" circuit. If little girls screaming at the sky because their parents died could make the Earth disappear we would never have made it past the Black Plague. That coupled with the Power Rangers Giant Monster scene left me groaning. They couldn't think of an ORIGINAL ending??? The portals were never explained. Perhaps the being at the piano was responsible for those, perhaps not. They did a poor job of explaining M-Theory. Just...bad. Sad, too, because until episode 37 it moved along nicely for me. Good flow, good characters. The ending just blew all that away.
Mar 28, 2010 9:59 PM
Oct 2009
Yeeeeeah honestly I think the last episodes really tried too hard to do too much and failed to be really original with the ending.

Animation and music were good...a few poorly explained parts, but okay wrap up overall. I'm still satisfied with giving this show an 8 for being very solid throughout the middle.
Mar 28, 2010 11:08 PM
Mar 2008
A2ZOMG said:
Yeeeeeah honestly I think the last episodes really tried too hard to do too much and failed to be really original with the ending.

Animation and music were good...a few poorly explained parts, but okay wrap up overall. I'm still satisfied with giving this show an 8 for being very solid throughout the middle.

Same here,originally I wanted to give this show a 7 out of 10 but after seeing these final 2 episodes,and just wow. yeah they're could have been a better ending with a better written battle,it would have been nice to have seen the colony team in action,although the earth team got more scream time.

I felt bad that Aimme's parents died which caused her to shout out words with sadness and anger to cause an entire element Dematerilization,plus on a bright side,it's nice to see that Juno lives.

but the way this ended (while still a happy ending) I highly doubt there will be a sequel,but we'll just have to wait and see. Chiara finnaly got her first date,but still Ally's and ren never developed much,and Hannah finnally accepted Homi as a brother(although she's still stubborn a little).

Still very nice solid kids anime which finnally redeems it self,which this gets an 8 out of 10
Mar 29, 2010 3:35 PM

Feb 2008
im not really sure why, but that ending didn't do it for me. i downgraded it from a 7 to a six because of that last few episodes. the 11th demention stuff was ok but the cause was just too stupid. its the proverbial be careful what you wish for shit. if it turned out to be a real intelligent life-form behind it all, that merely responded to some special kid's wish it might have been ok. it felt like they just threw it in there to make it fit.
Mar 30, 2010 12:44 AM

Apr 2009
Episodes 36 to 39 pretty much ruined it all.

It was several episodes already that new stuff was added episode by episode to the plot without letting the watchers get used to them. The last 4 episodes were something that piled up on that making the unbalanced tower crumble. Space-time bugs, 11 dimensions, three portals per-side, the thoughts of a kid through her nano-portal, Carr being that kid, Carr being in their mind after they went to dhe 11th dimension, Carr being there playing the piano... Too much random stuff.
Anything else could fit with the things we knew from past episodes, so any solution could do. Like, for example... Element-eating deers who travel backwards in time unlike us? And what about curvation of the light caused by a distan aggregation of black holes was removing elements from our dimension? Really, that was a bad ending. Even that "what happens after" wasn't very satisfying.

On top of the bad ending, many things were hinted but bad (if at all) developed. Where do collected elements go? Is there any use to the element bank except from showing the periodic table? What's the tri-tribe? Why the shapeshifter eats QEX if there were none before the beginning of element dematerialization? I'm not saying the show sucks because of this, but you shouldn't add more plot elements than you can handle.

In the end, it was a nice ride: entertaining, relaxing, instructive too. It's colorful, full of impossible theories, it has battles and fancy weapons; it's a series full of quotations to Neon Genesis Evangelion (almost that thing alone made me pick it up in the beginning).
But unfortunately it's far from being good: it lacks in voice acting, animation, design consistencies, character growth, story... And so forth.
On the other hand, it's not bad: it has a good idea and realizes it decently, bringing to us something fun and easy to watch.

In my opinion, the final product is in the average of the market, therefore 5/10.
Mar 30, 2010 11:46 AM
Oct 2009
Character growth and story is the strong point of this show imo.

They kinda tried to BS some stuff at the end (although the conclusion was decent enough), but besides that, the story was very very well-organized (premise, conflict, and character background are all very well executed), which is why I consider this show above average.

Learning a few chemistry things here and there and the most epic ending theme that science has ever witnessed are also very nice things to go along with a solid story. =)
A2ZOMGMar 30, 2010 11:50 AM
Apr 2, 2010 11:56 PM

Apr 2008
i cant tell apart if the male is female or the female is male, she looks like a male yet has a female voice
Jun 29, 2011 9:15 PM

Mar 2010
Decent anime..pretty dumb ending though. I also could have swore Chiara liked Ren .. not full-of-himself Rodney. Heck, it was even said so in the middle of the series somewhere. Bah.

Then again kids at that age don't even know what "love" is.
Jun 15, 2012 1:50 PM

May 2009
Oh wow, it's finally over.

Pretty nice show.

Yes, it has great character development. I actually think it would have been more educational had they followed the "Pokémon with elements" approach, such as dishing out nitric acid and hydrochloric acid to dissolve gold.

So based on the first few episodes, I was expecting Pokémon plus...I don't know, what's a good chemistry show? 3-2-1 Contact? Bill Nye? Mr. Wizard's World?--Not really that many kids' science shows that are purely about chemistry; these are all general science shows...but then again Element Hunters does also include some biology content. And physics, but that part's mixed in with a lot of pseudoscience.

Yeah, the resolution was a bit silly. Using childhood trauma is a rather silly plot driver for something this epic. That said, I can kinda understand the idea of emotion and spirit being things that are not "truly" part of the physical universe and manifest themselves only through people's interacting with each other. However, one must instead then ask what the analogy is for the fact that only the three Earth hunters and not the colony hunters can go to that 11th dimension, and...oh, the heck with it, it's a kids' show.

Here's something that's not clear: Is Aimee Carr still around in some way or another? I would guess that she would be, but Ally says something at the end that vaguely hints that all of her mental data was deleted. However, there's also Juno mysteriously appearing atop the old hotel at the very end...?

^ Yeah, at first. Alternatively, maybe she was just a bit jealous that he took interest in Ally so quickly but never really paid as much attention to her. Of course, as you observe, these kids are barely hitting puberty; love is still something new to them.

i cant tell apart if the male is female or the female is male, she looks like a male yet has a female voice

What character are you talking about? If you're talking about Homi, then yes, he's male. I can't think of any other character whose gender is at all unclear.

Overall, I think this series gets at least an 8/10. The ride was pretty epic, and even if the ending wasn't spectacular it was still decent. And the OP is really melodic and emotional. And the ED is a REALLY FUCKING CATCHY EAR WORM. And I gotta say I really like the instrumental remixes of the OP that you hear at various points in the soundtrack.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Nov 13, 2012 9:14 AM

Jan 2011
I finished watching this show in 2010...Just thought the score is fairly low...

I admit, like mostly everyone here, that the latter eps pretty much ruined whatever good developments the show build up.Can't remember what exactly happened but I think it had something to do with the past affecting the future scenario,and I was seriously disappointed that things turned out like that...Though I still think this was a nice show over-all.
Dec 1, 2022 6:47 AM

Jun 2019
My 203rd completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Element Hunters Episode 38 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Mar 27, 2010

2 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Jun 15, 2012 1:07 PM

Poll: » Element Hunters Episode 37 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Mar 20, 2010

7 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Jun 15, 2012 12:34 PM

Poll: » Element Hunters Episode 36 Discussion

DeathfireD - Mar 20, 2010

2 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Jun 15, 2012 12:07 PM

Poll: » Element Hunters Episode 35 Discussion

Tetsuyan - Mar 14, 2010

9 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Jun 15, 2012 11:29 AM

» Element Hunters Episode 34 Discussion

ChronoBallX - Mar 6, 2010

2 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Jun 15, 2012 10:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.