Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 29, 8:52 AM

Jul 2024
I like the ending of jjk. I will say that it’s shit, if we look at it from an objective view. Lots of unanswered things and plot holes, wasted potential in other words. But I don’t care. After all, I’m a casual reader. I skipped a whole frickin arc of jjk and started reading from when SUKUNA vs Gojo started, which is very VERY stupid of me but I still had fun, and that’s all that matters to me. If an anime/manga is enjoyable, I will like it. I think we should all start judging anime or manga based on how fun it is, and not by how different it is. The most generic things can be fun as well. The ending felt quite open ended, but it wasn’t the worst thing to ever exist, was it? Even though the final arc of jjk was lacklustre, the journey here was rly fun. This was truly our jujutsu kaisen.
Sep 29, 9:11 AM

May 2015
I honestly stopped expecting good endings from Jump series a long time ago. In retrospect, I've read many series from this magazine and few have left me with a real sense of satisfaction. Regardless of that, I think judging a work solely for its conclusion is kinda ridiculous. That said, I also liked this last chapter, but I understand the disappointment. Jujutsu Kaisen did many interesting things and was less predictable than many works of its style. The last arc was chaotic, dragged on, and full of conveniences and unanswered questions, but at the end of the day, it should not be forgotten that its purpose was only to entertain young readers. As dark and complex as it may have been at times, in the end, it is a manga aimed at kids, and I think Gege did an excellent job in that regard. I'm gonna miss this series. I'm also glad that no sequel was announced as many thought would happen. For better or worse, Gege already told what he wanted to tell with this series.
Sep 29, 10:38 AM

Jun 2024
Yeah, I enjoyed the fights too. Sukuna was really hot.
Sep 29, 11:08 AM
Aug 2021
someguy said:
I think we should all start judging anime or manga based on how fun it is
yeah, that's the problem. The ending wasn't fun, it was disappointing. A happy ending doesn't mean the ending is fun. Nobody wants it to be different than other series, the ending can't be different. The mc either dies or lives, if gege was a good author he could've have made a good written ending out of both situation. A manga named "masterbation master" is better written than 90% of shounen and it's about a guy fapping routinely in girl's bathroom.
Sep 29, 11:09 AM
Aug 2021
The ending feels rushed but that's something shonen jump always does. They were originally gonna end it like bone collection, 2 volumes in. The mangaka jumped the shark and making huge moved he couldn't handle.
Sep 29, 11:39 AM
Feb 2021
I think Gege made a shit ending to make us forget how mediocre was the rest of the series🙏🏻
Sep 29, 12:02 PM
May 2024
I Don't like the ending because it doesn't do the whole evening justice. But JJK is My second favorite series of all time and I enjoy it,so this series is one of the best and even the ending is disappointing,this series had its ups and downs
Sep 29, 1:20 PM
Jan 2012
someguy said:
I like the ending of jjk. I will say that it’s shit, if we look at it from an objective view. Lots of unanswered things and plot holes, wasted potential in other words. But I don’t care. After all, I’m a casual reader. I skipped a whole frickin arc of jjk and started reading from when SUKUNA vs Gojo started, which is very VERY stupid of me but I still had fun, and that’s all that matters to me. If an anime/manga is enjoyable, I will like it. I think we should all start judging anime or manga based on how fun it is, and not by how different it is. The most generic things can be fun as well. The ending felt quite open ended, but it wasn’t the worst thing to ever exist, was it? Even though the final arc of jjk was lacklustre, the journey here was rly fun. This was truly our jujutsu kaisen.

Critically speaking, I completely disagree from rating things on the aspect of fun. Fun and entertainment is completely subjective. Plot, Visuals, Sound/Paneling, Characters, and Themes are all more objective categories of judgement. I do agree that JJK does do most of those things good and whether or not the ending lives up to the journey is not what the basis of the entire series should be judged on. I think all in all, JJK was good. It is definitely not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, but it would be hard to objectively call it bad without using personal tastes or genre-bias
Sep 29, 4:01 PM

Jun 2020
I agree with a lot of what you said except skipping an arc, most likely culling games. Please tell me you read it eventually, it has the funnest fights in the series
Sep 29, 6:34 PM

Nov 2014
The memes were good, at least we'll always have "Nah, I'd Win"
Sep 29, 8:46 PM
Jul 2021
Yeah liked the ending but it feels incredibly rushed.
Sep 29, 11:36 PM

Aug 2012
I think it was a good ending and that the entire manga itself couldve been better.
I still hold the belief that all past stuff was the best part and had the best characters.
Geto is a great antagonist while Kenjaku sucks and made the whole story worse.
Sep 30, 1:23 AM

Oct 2022
Yep, sound like a good way to enjoy life tbh. I got high hope with this manga after Hidden Inventory and Shibuya Incident and it's still a fun ride. I gave up on it being a really good manga a while ago but there's still some hype moment in the fight. I don't hate the ending, but also I don't like it. But not everything need to be good because ehh, whatever ig.
Sep 30, 3:18 AM

Jul 2024
SlushPuppy007 said:
someguy said:

Critically speaking, I completely disagree from rating things on the aspect of fun. Fun and entertainment is completely subjective. Plot, Visuals, Sound/Paneling, Characters, and Themes are all more objective categories of judgement. I do agree that JJK does do most of those things good and whether or not the ending lives up to the journey is not what the basis of the entire series should be judged on. I think all in all, JJK was good. It is definitely not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, but it would be hard to objectively call it bad without using personal tastes or genre-bias

By judging I meant whether we like it or not, but yes, you are quite right
Sep 30, 3:19 AM

Jul 2024
TheRealRouges said:
I think Gege made a shit ending to make us forget how mediocre was the rest of the series🙏🏻

The rest of the series imo was pretty good, it’s just the ending that wasn’t.
Sep 30, 3:25 AM

Jul 2024
LIVI___ said:
someguy said:
I think we should all start judging anime or manga based on how fun it is
yeah, that's the problem. The ending wasn't fun, it was disappointing. A happy ending doesn't mean the ending is fun. Nobody wants it to be different than other series, the ending can't be different. The mc either dies or lives, if gege was a good author he could've have made a good written ending out of both situation. A manga named "masterbation master" is better written than 90% of shounen and it's about a guy fapping routinely in girl's bathroom.

Oh ye “Onani master” I’ve heard of that one (don’t ask me how). But is it really fair to judge an anime or manga simply on the basis of it ending? AOT had an unpopular ending (which I thought was good, but I could see why ppl don’t like it) but that doesn’t make the rest of the series bad. Up till the Shinjuku arc I thought the series was pretty good.
Sep 30, 3:39 AM

Jan 2009
good for you you just have a lower expectations
Sep 30, 3:45 AM

Jul 2024
deg said:
good for you you just have a lower expectations

Nah I just have no expectations at all, I just read and enjoy. I can see why everyone else hates the ending tho
Sep 30, 3:46 AM

Apr 2022
i didn't do it myself but skipping culling games is so valid.
LIVI___ said:
A manga named "masterbation master" is better written than 90% of shounen and it's about a guy fapping routinely in girl's bathroom
more like at least 99%, onanie master is more well-written than most things in general.
Sep 30, 5:39 PM
Nov 2023
imagine going into to shounen expecting good story writing. i just turn off my brain and enjoy the craziness the genre has to offer. jjk is 10/10 based on pure entertainment and hype
Oct 1, 5:42 AM
Sep 2018
Reply to Gitown234
imagine going into to shounen expecting good story writing. i just turn off my brain and enjoy the craziness the genre has to offer. jjk is 10/10 based on pure entertainment and hype
@Gitown234 read Fire Punch and CSM Part 1, you filthy casual
Oct 1, 6:24 AM

Jul 2024
Nugi97 said:

The csm glazer is back
Oct 1, 6:24 AM

Jul 2024
ryzxgum said:
LIVI___ said:
A manga named "masterbation master" is better written than 90% of shounen and it's about a guy fapping routinely in girl's bathroom
more like at least 99%, onanie master is more well-written than most things in general.

I am not gonna read that lol. Right now I’m reading Sakamoto Days, Dandadan and I’m gonna read Uzumaki soon, and I find those as good as or even better than jjk. Sakamoto Days didn’t have a single bad chapter, Dandadan can get a bit boring at times tho, when it takes breaks you know. Uzumaki looks quite promising.
someguyOct 1, 6:44 AM
Oct 1, 10:54 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to ryzxgum
LIVI___ said:
@ryzxgum

Onanie master Kurosawa is far from perfect and has problems in its writing as well mister edgelord
Oct 1, 2:28 PM

Apr 2022
Reply to JoeChip
@ryzxgum

Onanie master Kurosawa is far from perfect and has problems in its writing as well mister edgelord
@JoeChip either show me the part where i said it's perfect or keep your delusions at bay. not the cornball with mostly elitist garbage in their favourites calling someone an edgelord, guess some jokes just write themselves.
Oct 1, 6:58 PM
Nov 2018
Reply to SlushPuppy007
someguy said:

"I like the ending of jjk. I will say that it’s shit, if we look at it from an objective view"

Anime Consumers are such cowards.

"Critically speaking, I completely disagree from rating things on the aspect of fun. Fun and entertainment is completely subjective. Plot, Visuals, Sound/Paneling, Characters, and Themes are all more objective categories of judgement."

All these things are not objective bro. Why are MyAnimeList users so insecure losers. Why????
Oct 1, 8:48 PM

Jul 2024
Flick_on said:
"I like the ending of jjk. I will say that it’s shit, if we look at it from an objective view"

Anime Consumers are such cowards.

"Critically speaking, I completely disagree from rating things on the aspect of fun. Fun and entertainment is completely subjective. Plot, Visuals, Sound/Paneling, Characters, and Themes are all more objective categories of judgement."

All these things are not objective bro. Why are MyAnimeList users so insecure losers. Why????

So that someone doesn’t start jumping me for an opinion. I can be straight to the point but then there’ll be some ppl who won’t like that.
Oct 2, 9:32 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to ryzxgum
@JoeChip either show me the part where i said it's perfect or keep your delusions at bay. not the cornball with mostly elitist garbage in their favourites calling someone an edgelord, guess some jokes just write themselves.
@ryzxgum

I will try to go down to your IQ level so you could understand what I said. When you say something edgy like "more like at least 99%, onanie master is more well-written than most things in general." you are already implying the work is perfect or very close to perfect you don't need to explicitly say it. And of course since youı have nothing actually smart to say as response you immediately checked my profile and wrote the "witty" comeback of "the cornball with mostly elitist garbage in their favourites". Well, with that level of intelligence I don'T expect you to apprecaite deep anime and call them elitist garbage. If there is any joke here it's you.
JoeChipOct 2, 9:42 AM
Oct 2, 2:16 PM

Apr 2022
Reply to JoeChip
@ryzxgum

I will try to go down to your IQ level so you could understand what I said. When you say something edgy like "more like at least 99%, onanie master is more well-written than most things in general." you are already implying the work is perfect or very close to perfect you don't need to explicitly say it. And of course since youı have nothing actually smart to say as response you immediately checked my profile and wrote the "witty" comeback of "the cornball with mostly elitist garbage in their favourites". Well, with that level of intelligence I don'T expect you to apprecaite deep anime and call them elitist garbage. If there is any joke here it's you.
@JoeChip if you think anything is perfect, then you're already openly flaunting how braindead you are. nothing is perfect but compared to the pretentious slop that you think is good, it may as well be in the realm of perfection. "deep anime" wow you really thought you're so cool for a minute there, and you had the audacity to call someone else an edgelord lmfao thanks for proving my point dumbass. if there is a such thing as an elitist fanboy who isn't a corny mentally 12 year old clown, then he probably doesn't use this site. with grammatical errors on simple words such as "appreciate", seems you're less of an elitist and more of a wannabe elitist lol most people have already grown up and out of that phase by now, hopefully you do too.
ryzxgumOct 2, 2:36 PM
Oct 3, 9:28 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to ryzxgum
@JoeChip if you think anything is perfect, then you're already openly flaunting how braindead you are. nothing is perfect but compared to the pretentious slop that you think is good, it may as well be in the realm of perfection. "deep anime" wow you really thought you're so cool for a minute there, and you had the audacity to call someone else an edgelord lmfao thanks for proving my point dumbass. if there is a such thing as an elitist fanboy who isn't a corny mentally 12 year old clown, then he probably doesn't use this site. with grammatical errors on simple words such as "appreciate", seems you're less of an elitist and more of a wannabe elitist lol most people have already grown up and out of that phase by now, hopefully you do too.
@ryzxgum

An immature response full of personal insults, as expected from a boy who is barely grew out of teenager phase and of course full of ego and not even enough intelligence to back it up , as I said before and proven right . Hmm, I really should stop communicating with the zoomer crowd under 30 years old, it is simply a waste of time and a fuitility in comprehension, therefore any nore explanations on my part would fall on deaf ears and I am afraid, and an empty head, so I won't attempt it.

My boy, all the name calling is just a testament to your edginess and your lack of any sensible argument or any kind of substantial logic to argue for that matter, all you could do is argumentum ad hominem in the lowest degree possible. I am sure you don't knoıw what that means either though, so google it, my boy.

As for your lowbrow "aha found a grammar mistake" attack on my person, it was simply a typo, which should be obvious, but I don't expect you to recognize it with your obviously lacking comprehension skills you have performed so far. And since you obviously don'T know what it is I will post a link to explain it https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/typo

Last but not least, my deepest condolences to your mother for giving birth to you and having to deal with you on a daily basis.

I am done with you, my boy. I won't be responding no matter how much you try to attack my person with more childish insults and inadequate intelligence . Good for you.
JoeChipOct 3, 9:38 AM
Oct 3, 2:12 PM

Apr 2022
Reply to JoeChip
@ryzxgum

An immature response full of personal insults, as expected from a boy who is barely grew out of teenager phase and of course full of ego and not even enough intelligence to back it up , as I said before and proven right . Hmm, I really should stop communicating with the zoomer crowd under 30 years old, it is simply a waste of time and a fuitility in comprehension, therefore any nore explanations on my part would fall on deaf ears and I am afraid, and an empty head, so I won't attempt it.

My boy, all the name calling is just a testament to your edginess and your lack of any sensible argument or any kind of substantial logic to argue for that matter, all you could do is argumentum ad hominem in the lowest degree possible. I am sure you don't knoıw what that means either though, so google it, my boy.

As for your lowbrow "aha found a grammar mistake" attack on my person, it was simply a typo, which should be obvious, but I don't expect you to recognize it with your obviously lacking comprehension skills you have performed so far. And since you obviously don'T know what it is I will post a link to explain it https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/typo

Last but not least, my deepest condolences to your mother for giving birth to you and having to deal with you on a daily basis.

I am done with you, my boy. I won't be responding no matter how much you try to attack my person with more childish insults and inadequate intelligence . Good for you.
@JoeChip another reply just to further prove my point lol i didn't expect you to get even edgier with each reply but you are passing the cornball test with flying colors lil goof. the fact that you use corny terms like "zoomer" means you're old lardass pushing 60 with one foot in the grave, should be using your time wisely instead of on an anime site but i can sympathize with your uselessness. your AI generated reply is sad to see honestly, otherwise it would be full of grammar mistakes lmao but i don't blame you, it's the people who raised you at fault and the education system. still, be grateful you weren't swallowed (even though you deserved to be) and like i said, hopefully you stop being an edgy boomer and grow up mentally because there's no place for wannabe elitists anymore. thanks for proving my point and outing yourself mr braindead edgelord, it was truly fun seeing you humiliate yourself.
Oct 3, 9:45 PM
Aug 2021
Reply to JoeChip
@ryzxgum

@JoeChip Nobody said it was perfect. Learn to read properly, keyboard warrior.
LIVI___Oct 3, 9:49 PM
Oct 4, 5:53 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to Nugi97
@Nugi97 Already did. CSM p2 is hilariously bad compared to p1 and alot of fire punch is just weird shock value. Read a actual legit series aka umineko shounenTard
Oct 4, 6:14 AM

Jul 2024
Gitown234 said:
@Nugi97 Already did. CSM p2 is hilariously bad compared to p1 and alot of fire punch is just weird shock value. Read a actual legit series aka umineko shounenTard

Or Dandadan or sakamoto days, those r crazy fun man.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 240 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Oct 24, 2023

60 by ToG25thBaam »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 271 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

deg - Sep 26

207 by Your_Average_Guy »»
Oct 12, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 269 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ryzxgum - Sep 11

64 by Your_Average_Guy »»
Oct 12, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 265 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 31

72 by Your_Average_Guy »»
Oct 12, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 156 Discussion

Kuma - Aug 27, 2021

35 by BaciHoplatan31 »»
Oct 12, 12:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.