Forum Settings
Forums
[Oshi No Ko]
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 26, 3:19 PM

Jan 2018
They really did recreate that shot of Aqua drowning from the season 1 ED. So apparently he says "This time, I'll go before you(Ruby)" as he's drowning and the crow girl floating above the water and watching. Aqua said he finally found his purpose and it was to protect Ruby. Hikaru probably is dead. But don't know about Aqua. Is the crow girl gonna pull something next chapter? Welp we will find out in 2 weeks time.
ARK-13Oct 2, 8:05 AM
Sep 26, 4:13 PM
Nov 2014
hope aqua doesn’t die though
Sep 26, 11:50 PM

Mar 2020
PLEASE DONT AKASAKA
pLEASE
Sep 27, 1:02 AM

Oct 2016
Aqua is not going to die, those who have seen the Crystal Mask drama know perfectly well that this is a modern copy of that drama, even Aka himself said so. Oshi no Ko is your version of that drama updated to this time. The protagonist fell off a cliff, he will not die, but there are 3 alternatives, first, losing his memory, a very high possibility because in his mind there is a Gorou-Aqua duality, so it would be the perfect step for Gorou to definitely die and fulfill what he said in chapter 150 that one day he would just be a bad memory and would leave.

And two the option that Aqua remains in a coma, if it is more extreme, but it also serves as an idea for Aqua to clear HIS mind. In any case, the end is undoubtedly without Aqua dead, and if Kamiki does die drowned, Kamiki's threat is over. And Aqua will be able to choose the life she so wanted, with the girl he has always loved, Arima Kana, see his SISTER succeed as an Idol, and call Miyako mom, walk with Taiki on the beach again, and thank Memch and Akane for all their kindness.

And the third alternative as to why Aqua won't die, and it's the most important of all... AKA YOU DON'T HAVE BALLS!... it's that simple.
Sep 27, 5:51 AM
Sep 2024
DarkAkengo said:
Aqua is not going to die, those who have seen the Crystal Mask drama know perfectly well that this is a modern copy of that drama, even Aka himself said so. Oshi no Ko is your version of that drama updated to this time. The protagonist fell off a cliff, he will not die, but there are 3 alternatives, first, losing his memory, a very high possibility because in his mind there is a Gorou-Aqua duality, so it would be the perfect step for Gorou to definitely die and fulfill what he said in chapter 150 that one day he would just be a bad memory and would leave.

And two the option that Aqua remains in a coma, if it is more extreme, but it also serves as an idea for Aqua to clear HIS mind. In any case, the end is undoubtedly without Aqua dead, and if Kamiki does die drowned, Kamiki's threat is over. And Aqua will be able to choose the life she so wanted, with the girl he has always loved, Arima Kana, see his SISTER succeed as an Idol, and call Miyako mom, walk with Taiki on the beach again, and thank Memch and Akane for all their kindness.

And the third alternative as to why Aqua won't die, and it's the most important of all... AKA YOU DON'T HAVE BALLS!... it's that simple.

Wow 😳 I love your explanation.
Sep 28, 4:28 AM
Dec 2023
woah. woah. What are you doing there Aqua. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sep 30, 12:56 PM

Apr 2020
Aqua better be dead. This is the perfect way for him to die. Oshi no ko never felt like a story that should have a perfectly happy ending. Having it be bitter sweet like this is perfect. I swear to God if he lives, I will be mildy annoyed.
Sep 30, 5:12 PM

Jun 2023
Idk if Aqua will die or not, but at least he's thinking about Ruby at the end (band-aid panel was pretty wholesome)
Sep 30, 10:59 PM

Aug 2013
Goated until next chapter at least
Oct 1, 12:29 PM

Jul 2021
such a cute siscon moment!
Oct 2, 8:02 AM

May 2007
3 WEEKS?!?!?!?!

Ugh, anyway, good chapter. I personally hope for the happy ending, but think it would be better if they don't...
My anime list
Oct 2, 8:10 AM
Aug 2024
so it's either aqua died twice,

or he still alive (based on comments here)
Oct 2, 8:20 AM
May 2016
brilliant mangaka akasaka aka better be cookin some heavy duty asspull for next week
Oct 2, 8:27 AM

Oct 2017
Aqua drowning and the flashback before death. Is he really dying? I still think someone will come to save him. Akane for example.
Oct 2, 8:29 AM

Oct 2021
Aqua means "water". Aqua murdered his father underwater. Aqua's mission is to protect Ruby by murdering the murderer (Hikaru) of your mother (Ai). Hikaru could have murdered Ruby if he lived. 😣😖😩 This is a dark chapter: one that I will not likely forget. ☹️ Death is a heavy topic in manga and anime.

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Oct 2, 8:29 AM

Jun 2014
Damn Aqua really sacrificed himself. Of course there’s always the possibility that he might not actually die somehow, but this would be a pretty perfect and poetic way for him to go out. Hopefully Kamiki is actually dead though lol. Three weeks until the next chapter after this cliffhanger is crazy.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 2, 8:52 AM

Jan 2021
I like this chapter so much, not gonna lie.
It's exactly what I want to see.
And Aqua's not gonna die, that would be a bad ending for Kana if he really dies.
Yeah, I bet Aqua would end up in a coma or something like that.
Oct 2, 9:17 AM

Sep 2020
so damn peak

Chapter 162

ED1
Oct 2, 9:26 AM

May 2020
He will not die.
I've many misgivings about whatever author has done with this story over the time, but yeah, can't pretend and say this wasn't actually some way to keep everyone hanging, add the additional weeks it'd take to get next chapter.

Again though, I don't feel the same character is going to die twice lol.
Oct 2, 9:32 AM

Oct 2023
I really don't want an "MC dies" ending, but I have always believed that a bitter sweet ending would be the best way to end Oshi no Ko since last year during Akasaka-sensei's interview.
Oct 2, 9:48 AM

Sep 2009
My bet is Aqua will die and get reincarnated just so he can be paired with Ruby and piss Kana fans )))

But in all seriousness, we'll see.
Oct 2, 10:07 AM
Apr 2022
omg!!! the foreshadowing is masterclass
Oct 2, 10:28 AM
Aug 2020
Not you Aqua, not like that

I know that this can not end like that
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 2, 10:46 AM

Nov 2016
hopefully aqua does die, i was so hoping for more char deaths since the beginning (not counting the randos kamiki killed). hell, who knows if kamiki also actually died too
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Oct 2, 10:50 AM

May 2016
Why did Aqua call himself a "cheater"? Is it because he felt he cheated death once?
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Oct 2, 11:31 AM
Nov 2019
I’ve kinda come around on the idea of Aqua dying here. After this chapter it feels like a cop-out if he survives.

Oct 2, 12:03 PM
Aug 2024
J'ai envie de pleuré
Oct 2, 1:46 PM
Apr 2018
"Thank goodness, this time i can die before you"

This line hits hard after seeing his care & love continued from sarina in his past life to the current one through ruby as his sister

Dont know how to exactly feel about Hikaru, he was a victim at the start which i get but kept spiralling down even after knowing the truth that he still wanted to kill ruby till the end at deaths door without any remorse or regrets with AI. As a final antagonist i felt a lack of impact from him tbh.

Aqua finding his purpose on living as hes dying and crow girl just witnessing all is she gonna help him out? Aquas death can be one way of a definitive ending to the story, but it will cause so much adverse effects as well with all the people he's close to especially ruby who might go to the dark side again. So hopefully he can be saved. I am thinking since Kamikis phone is still intact on shore, someone will track it to find him, idc who it is as long as they save him and its not too late, though finding him in the ocean will be quite difficult with limited time.
Mephisto was a animated premonition for us readers after all.

2 Weeks of hiatus, Fans are holding their breath while aka goes and chills with apex games
Oct 2, 1:48 PM
Apr 2018
Reply to tywhoppity
Why did Aqua call himself a "cheater"? Is it because he felt he cheated death once?
@tywhoppity Yes as he cheated death before
Oct 2, 1:48 PM

Feb 2009
Even this will be a good ending if Aqua dies, I realy like this char so I hope he will survive.
Oct 2, 2:05 PM
Jul 2022
Aqua Hoshino the GOAT
Oct 2, 3:44 PM

Dec 2015
Aka does have a record of awfully written endings, so I'm still skeptical if he's really gonna manage to not ef this one until the end
In case he does I guess I'm just gonna pretend the series ended here 'cause damn he cooked with this chapter
Oct 2, 5:45 PM
Oct 2020
Wait is this why his name is Aqua?
Oct 2, 5:48 PM
Jun 2019
what a cheap way to generate drama. he won't die. it's as the guy above said, Aka has no balls
Oct 2, 6:03 PM

Apr 2022
nice memories flashing before his eyes, hope he doesn't actually die though.
Oct 2, 7:19 PM

Jan 2021
God, I think I said this for the 100 times already, but damn, Mengo-sensei art is so beautiful.

I kind of liked Hikaru's conclusion; it felt simple and not too dramatic.

Aqua's monologue was great; Aquruby is peak dynamic.

As far as I love Aqua I wouldn't mind if he actually died.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Oct 2, 10:03 PM

Feb 2018
Sheesh Aqua's previous self assisted lol. And the ED reference was pretty cool to see too, really went whoa. Kinda sad end there though. I still wonder if Aqua is gonne be somehow fine.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Oct 2, 10:13 PM

Mar 2022
The foreshadowing with the opening and this panel is tuff, Like I said last chapter(I think) Aquas conclusion will either be a 10/10 or a 1/10. some might say his story has ended but with Oshi no ko you have to wait till the final moment with that character to see if they have concluded.
Oct 2, 11:31 PM

Jul 2020
Aqua didn't live for revenge, he lived to protect Sarina/Ruby. I very much liked this chapter with all the Aqua stuff. This might sound crazy but I want Aqua to die. Oshi no ko has always been a story about tragedy and ending this series off with Aqua dying first is really cool. Although I think this is all bait and we'll get that happy ending with all of Aqua and Ruby's dreams coming to fruition.
At the end of the day, we all love watching trash.
Oct 3, 12:49 AM

May 2023
Loved the chapter a lot. Goro dragging Kamiki and Aqua drowning feels symbolic with mephisto ED and even his name being Aqua.

I also liked that even at his end, Kamiki wanted to kill Ruby and those were his last thoughts. He's your legit psychopathic yandere, all right. No remorse for even a moment or doubt at all.

Unpopular opinion but if Aqua does die, I'd be okay with it. Onk having a bittersweet ending kinda feels fitting.

Quite good overall. Tho I'm wondering if Kamiki is actually dead and if Aqua lives (which I think he will) how will all this be explained?
Lady_YeOct 3, 12:58 AM
Oct 3, 10:10 AM
May 2023
The flashbacks of him and ruby 🥹🥹🥹🥹🥲
Oct 3, 7:41 PM

Aug 2016
I mean, all i can say is FINALLY for Hikaru, but for Aqua as well? I don't know about that... Yes, i understand that he fulfilled his mission to protect his sister, but i don't see how he needed to die. I don't know if he was going to jail or just roam free like Hikaru, but either way, i think both would've been better. Aqua doesn't have to leave Ruby just cuz of the reason that he fulfilled his mission, he could still be alive for her, and for himself as well. Even if they're reincarnations, it still happened. You don't have to let it go just cuz you fulfilled your mission. If you succeeded, just as Aqua did, you can be rewarded by a normal life that you've always been dreaming about. Whether it's with Akane or Kana. All that said, i don't really think he's dying anyway, i think Tsukiyomi is saving him, but i'm still excited to see the upcoming chapter!
Oct 3, 8:53 PM
Mar 2015
We are headed towards an end game Our boi gets maudlin
Oct 3, 9:07 PM
Jan 2021
So bro just wanted to kill or what?
Oct 4, 6:46 AM

Sep 2016
So who's gonna jump into the water and try saving him?

Also I hope they never find Kamiki's body. That would be neat because without it, they cannot even know if he's alive or not.
bruh
Oct 4, 8:31 AM
Feb 2023
Who’s gonna bet that he won’t actually die here because like one of the best comments here said Aka really has no balls especially with how he is concluding this. The writing is just mid way too mid for him to end it right, as in Aqua dying. But he won’t do it lol
Oct 4, 8:33 AM
May 2021
WTFFF... this chapter was absolutely peak fiction, cant even say anything else ahh!!
Oct 4, 10:52 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to DarkAkengo

@DarkAkengo i can't believe I didn't make the Glass Mask connection?!
never knows best

Oct 4, 2:00 PM
Sep 2022
Scene took three chapters and somehow still feels out of nowhere and hectic.
Oct 4, 2:02 PM

Dec 2016
Can we all appreciate that Hikaru wasn't redeemed in the end? Even in his last moment he wanted to kill Ruby.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.185/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.103/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.75/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oshi no Ko Chapter 9 Discussion

Primo_Itoko - Jun 24, 2020

30 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 13, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Oshi no Ko Chapter 3 Discussion

Stark700 - May 17, 2020

23 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 13, 8:50 AM

» Aqua and Akane

someguy - Oct 10

10 by someguy »»
Oct 11, 5:07 AM

» Will be completed in 4 chapters

AkeZZZ - Oct 9

25 by T1t0 »»
Oct 11, 3:35 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 159 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ARK-13 - Aug 29

58 by SaltyCookie »»
Oct 10, 2:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.