Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 12 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 26, 6:59 PM

Jun 2024
At least one of those sisters is really smart, they also seem to be pretty decent human beings compared to most of the other class.
I don't really get why Kashima wants to stay with Asagi either.
Thankfully Touka and the other 2 survived, good assist there by Eve when he needed it most.
Glad to see we finally got to The Witch Of Taboo's.
Hopefully this gets another season sometime.
9/10

I have ADD, ADHD & AUTISM, but this won't stop me. Let's keep having fun together.
VTUBER LIVE STREAMS YouTube/Twitch/Kick/Rumble/Twitter = https://linktr.ee/dolfunthedolphinvtuber
ANIME REVIEWS - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3agtBvVDdHFzXbqPV47c-A
Sep 26, 7:10 PM
Oct 2019
Yeah, another one of those, I don't even know how I followed until the end
Sep 26, 7:37 PM
Aug 2024
It was a good start to the episode; glad the conflict was resolved neatly; it's really nice to see some of Touka's classmates have common sense after all.

Huh, the giant elephant monster was *not* CGI; that's a nice change

For all the mediocre CGI this show has, honestly I don't fault the animators. I fault the low pay, horrible conditions and impossible deadlines the industry is plagued with- did you know the average salary for an anime animator is as little as $15,000 a year and even top animators are lucky if they get to $36,000?

Fascinating- so even leveling up doesn't heal wounds or cure fatigue. So the system does have flaws after all

Glad the party is still together after all that; would've stunk if one of them were to die at this point in the story. it's interesting that Touka says he would rather not get involved with his class anymore... but it seems this won't be the last time we hear from them

Huh, she's only nineteen; well that's a surprising twist on the usual trope of elves being long lived

And... near kiss scene. Hmmm, well Touka did say that after the goddess was defeated he wouldn't be opposed, so who knows.

Well, we waited till the last quarter of the last episode- but we finally made it to the witch.

Dang, so that's how the season ends? Not very satisfying to be honest. Hopes aren't high for a season 2 either. Not sure how far we got relative to the light novels, but given typical anime adaption rates, I'd say we got to at least volume 3 or 4.

As an Isekai fan I did like some things, but this was definitely on the darker side and I usually like the lighter stuff. It was also hard to stomach a world where almost everyone outside about 6 characters was so unlikable.

Well, one more Summer Show complete; onto the next one
Sep 26, 8:05 PM
Apr 2024
I hope we get a 2nd season, I grow to like this series a lot.
Sep 26, 8:51 PM

Apr 2009
The series is basically like "hey, we know this isn't a real ending or even a decent season finale, so here are some big elf tiddies."

I mean, with the pacing and number of episodes it was obvious a long time ago nothing was going to get resolved, but this just kind of fell over at the end and stopped. It's like the end of a third episode, not the season. Eve surviving and amicably splitting from the other students was a big ol tease and that Touka didn't run into them was anticlimactic, but it was a decent scene on its own and there was no rape threts and it showed off more students who weren't absolute sociopaths so it's a kind of a win by Failure Frame's standards.

I did like that we've seen Touka need to rely on his comrades so there's a limit to his OP, although his stats in agility and strength are basically maxed out so I don't understand why he's not a one man wrecking crew and it's dumb the show never even addressed it.

Anyway, overall the series was a mess. I'm glad they mostly stopped doing it, but I'm still baffled by the random switching between CGI and traditional within the very same scene. Monsters as CGI? Fine. It sucks but I get it (although why were the designs so goofy?) But when Touka walks away from a window, sits on his bed, and then stands up we don't need to switch a few times between CGI and traditional. Just bizarre.

It took a while for the plot to kind of get going but Touka's got a solid crew. Touka's powers are visually boring and the show never quite solved that, but I actually liked him as a character. He hasn't lost sight of his vengeance, he's willing to win by hook or crook, but he hasn't become a complete monster even if he tries to hide his kindness. I'd feel a lot better about the show if this was episode 12 of a 24 run. As is despite the warts and my low score it feels like there's still potential here and I still want to see him fight against the goddess and her asshole heroes. Hard to imagine it getting a second season but I'd give it a shot. Maybe I'll check out the source material.

5/10
Sep 26, 9:06 PM
Mar 2024
Anime not great just HORRIBLE just a POOR Arifureta rip off and (no more goddess WORSE than the Chernobyl disaster when it happened)
Ca1ebwSep 27, 9:59 AM
Sep 26, 9:15 PM
Feb 2018
Reply to AkeZZZ
okay, this is not a good series, but, if you ended the season like this you should give us the second season. Where is my sequel!? This was too much cliffhanger. 😠
@AkeZZZ Sadly this might not get a sequel, if they do hope they adapt the LN or WN. The manga is actually slow though it started 5 years ago
Sep 26, 9:20 PM

Nov 2023
I like the premise, but they can't execute it properly. I would rather read the light novel instead.

Also, I'm not one to complain heavily about animation, but it was so bad that anytime they used CGI, you immediately noticed it and it completely ruined the experience.

4/10
Sep 26, 9:22 PM

Sep 2022
Even with horrible CGI this series is underrated. I would watch season 2.
Sep 26, 9:25 PM
Feb 2024
This anime has a really good plot also the characters are good but the only drawback this anime has its poor animation... poor CGI makes this irritating... However this anime was good and I hope it comes with a new season with better animation...💖💖
Sep 26, 9:50 PM

Jul 2016
One of my favorites of the season, it generated high expectations and it met them.

I hope there is a second season

9/10
Sep 26, 10:11 PM
Nov 2019
Reply to AkeZZZ
okay, this is not a good series, but, if you ended the season like this you should give us the second season. Where is my sequel!? This was too much cliffhanger. 😠
@AkeZZZ yah, it needs a S2!
Sep 26, 10:18 PM
Nov 2019
The anime story was good but animation quality was very poor and the ep 12 just pointed towards more story to be told so I can't really call it a final episode, the LN was very good but feeling like the studio didn't do their job properly, but if Arifureta can get a S2 and then this anime should get a S2 too! If the animation was good and if it was a 24+ episode series then this anime had the potential to be 1 of the best anime of current anime season.
Sep 26, 10:25 PM

Mar 2013
Not bad for a conclusion, I enjoyed the animation nonetheless, like I did with the manga.
A sequel seems possible, but I hope we get a bigger budget for it.

Seras kissing... or assaulting Touka while he is asleep... hehehe... 😳

That bitch who manipulates her classmates, can we punish her already? lol

8/10

The pacing was great, but the animation needs fixing.

I'll miss this party.
CrazyButNot4USep 26, 10:31 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 26, 10:53 PM
Sep 2021
Finally mimori meets the witch, after a long battle.
Sep 26, 11:16 PM
Nov 2018
I'm actually glad this is over with. I remembered liking the manga but that was years ago. Most likely a different me at the time.
Sep 27, 12:56 AM
Jan 2023
probably the non sequel show I had the most fun this season

btw TOUKA IS THE GOAT SEASON 2 PLS
Sep 27, 2:53 AM

Nov 2014
i like the anime, though there's a lot of useless chattering but i guess that's normal for a light novel.
Sep 27, 3:22 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Aohh
Guess I'll have to pick up the manga/light novel.

Anyone knows which chapter would correspond to the next anime episode?

looks like chapter 45
@Aohh
Volume 5 for the Light Novel
Chapter 45 for the manga
Just to note that an important scene in the Light Novel was cut (or more likely delayed, they have yet to come back to Allion in the anime). A scene that would have been a better cliffhanger :(
Sep 27, 3:23 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to DolFunDolphinVT
At least one of those sisters is really smart, they also seem to be pretty decent human beings compared to most of the other class.
I don't really get why Kashima wants to stay with Asagi either.
Thankfully Touka and the other 2 survived, good assist there by Eve when he needed it most.
Glad to see we finally got to The Witch Of Taboo's.
Hopefully this gets another season sometime.
9/10

@DolFunDolphinVT
Kashima wants to stay in Asagi's group because she believes she can better help Sogou that way.
Sep 27, 4:17 AM
May 2022
the production shouldve been better but it was fun and I loved the elve
Sep 27, 7:20 AM

Jun 2016
that dark elf wizard is from kuroinu dark skinned elf LOL

i really enjoyed this show tbh , hope this get sequel soon
Sep 27, 7:22 AM

Jul 2023
It deserves a season 2, please.

Good thing Eve survived.

Touka also survived and came out stronger than ever.

Now they found the Witch of Taboos but we don't know if we'll get a second season.

Anyway, overall I'm satisfied with this guilty pleasure. I do hope they improve the animation in the second season if that will come to pass.
Sep 27, 7:41 AM
Cukiereczek

Nov 2018
This anime was really slow paced and the CGI kind of traumatized me. There was like 2-3 episodes with no CG but then it came back, I was sad. I would wait 2 weeks per episode if it could come out properly. The story actually has a lot of potential. I gave this series a pretty mid score but why am I hoping for a second season...
ฅ(=^・ω・^=ฅ) にゃー

Sep 27, 8:05 AM

Jul 2020
They did well adapting each chapter of the manga with little to no alteration the animation isn't really top tier but that didn't bother me much so I'm hoping this will get another season in the future.
Sep 27, 8:32 AM

Dec 2009
Everyone saying the CGI was horrible... it certainly was not. The only times that looked bad is when they substituted a person with CGI. The monsters were unique and had a lot more effort put into them than necessary. The motion of the human faced monsters looked weird, but that's more of a nitpick. It was mediocre CGI, not terrible.

I'd like to see at least one more cour of this and hopefully get somewhere in the main story arc.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Sep 27, 8:46 AM

Jan 2012
thank god its over the scenery was so disgusting drawn and animated that i was speechless every single week + bland rage bait story without any depth (not that i mind if the fights would be epic)
maybe even the entire scenery in this anime is ai generated considering how ultra weird mushy it always looked
HanfosSep 27, 8:50 AM

Sep 27, 8:48 AM
May 2021
They ended at such a good point, I want a season 2 man!!!!! Gonna miss my thicc af elf Seras
Sep 27, 8:54 AM

Sep 2012
without spoiling i say this, additional targets for revenge after the goddess

Kirihara Takuto
Oyamada Shogou
Yasu Tomohiro

ppl who may end up on hes bad side cause they are sus (meaning they may have same fate as ppl on hes revenge list, what ever he plans to do with them)
Takao Hijiri
Takao Itsuki
Ikusaba Asagi

cause Hijiri has to big of a IQ so u don't know what shes plotting, Asgi is typical schemer so among the 3 she would be first1 beaten (her schemes exposed (by mc) sins she doesn't have high IQ, she has normal IQ)

Sugram22Sep 27, 9:03 AM
Sep 27, 11:32 AM

May 2023
Lackluster ending ngl, The manga is way better compared to the anime, I´d say the only thing better in the anime is the charcater designs, apart from that I preffer the manga.

I hope we get a new season and hopefully either the studio does a much better job or another studio picks it up.
Sep 27, 11:38 AM
Oct 2022
It’s just kinda frustrating that the season ends here. Theres so much awesome stuff to come especially between our boy and Seras. It’s literally one thing after the other till the end and I haven’t really tried to look so I have no clue if a second season has even been hinted at. In all honesty unless they make next season 20+ episodes we won’t get through it then either. I won’t ruin anything but the Lord of the flies brigade is just getting started! I truly hope we hear something soon as it would be a real shame to just stop here.
Sep 27, 12:05 PM

Oct 2010
Butchered source material with a lot of ketchu3DCG of sad quality all masked with pink highlight borders.

But I was laughing hard on implementation of "8-leg horse". Is this even legal?
Sep 27, 1:08 PM

Oct 2018
weird end of episode for finish a season, a cliffanhager without annonce for a possible season 2
this anime could be good without so much CGI which was bad for the majority (bad in the term it was "to flashy")
Seras was a good waifu but we all love elfs with good curves lol :')
Sep 27, 2:08 PM

Feb 2011
bad CGI aside, it was a good show. we got cute elves, a loli elf, a cheetah chick and some decent fights. Edgy MC is an easy watch as well.

Hoping for season 2.

7/10

Sep 28, 12:32 AM

Aug 2013
The series went downhill after the first episode. Im glad its over.
Sep 28, 6:34 AM
Apr 2020
Reply to pansz
Yeah, another one of those, I don't even know how I followed until the end
@pansz HAHA my exact thoughts. Sometimes I question if I'm a masochist when comes to picking a series to watch. Its a guilty binge for sure.
Sep 28, 6:36 AM
Apr 2020
Reply to geptor
Butchered source material with a lot of ketchu3DCG of sad quality all masked with pink highlight borders.

But I was laughing hard on implementation of "8-leg horse". Is this even legal?
@geptor LMAO TRUE! At first I was like why does it need 8 legs? Then a spat my water during the scene it started rotating, GOOFY AHH HORSE HAHA.
Sep 28, 6:39 AM
Apr 2020
Reply to scout_joe
They did well adapting each chapter of the manga with little to no alteration the animation isn't really top tier but that didn't bother me much so I'm hoping this will get another season in the future.
@scout_joe I haven't read the manga. But I'll tolerate my eyes suffering if it means the story will follow through on Touka's revenge.
Sep 28, 1:20 PM
May 2020
a nice way to end the series, touka and the gang able to meet with the forbidden witch. my only qualm about this anime was the shambolic animation but the story was able for me to bypass that
Sep 28, 4:33 PM

Mar 2020
Well baaaaaaaah uh, it's finally over. Another turd in the graveyard. With any luck, maybe someone will dig it up somewhere and give it a season 2 but I doubt it!

On the other hand, there's one thing I really can't understand: why were the monsters chasing him protecting themselves by using the other monsters as shields? I thought his power was a direct hit on the target, not a throw. It doesn't make sense at first, you can see that he's able to select targets, so he protects himself with other monsters!
Sep 28, 7:13 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to PedroKarim64
Well baaaaaaaah uh, it's finally over. Another turd in the graveyard. With any luck, maybe someone will dig it up somewhere and give it a season 2 but I doubt it!

On the other hand, there's one thing I really can't understand: why were the monsters chasing him protecting themselves by using the other monsters as shields? I thought his power was a direct hit on the target, not a throw. It doesn't make sense at first, you can see that he's able to select targets, so he protects himself with other monsters!
@PedroKarim64
He has to get a clear sight of his target... and long enough to say his spell to activate.
Sep 28, 9:13 PM
May 2023
Good episode, how sad it would be a situation of: I killed 999,999 enemies and PUUUM the last one kills you
It seems that there are companions who have more brains than they seem, Seras was close to taking advantage of the situation haha, somewhat impulsive but she controlled herself and finally they reached their destination... the Witch of Taboos
The truth is quite meh, it was entertaining, I liked the character designs (although the female characters were too sexualized) and the music is good but the CGI is bad, the plot doesn't feel well constructed, little character development, etc.
I'm going to think if I read any of the manga, I doubt they'll continue animating it, but you never know
Sep 28, 9:49 PM
Aug 2024
This had a huge potential to be great. Unfortunately, non-existing story and basically making it all about reaching the Witch and avenge against Vicious made it super one-dimensional. Stayed for the ladies and Eve Speed, but nothing can save this show from those horrible CGI scenes and doom that is 5/10.
Sep 28, 10:46 PM
Aug 2024
Love this series. I love zero to 100 MC's
Sep 29, 7:13 AM
Dec 2022
a little bit of a let down at the end but the rest of it was ok
Sep 29, 8:00 AM
Mar 2012
Good fight when it's a close match. Hijiri smart, balances out the dumb but funny imouto.
Laser faceman a bit op, liking Touka's strat.
nice Lis hug Slei to sleep. much wholesome talk, but hmm that aunt zone then sister zoning.
Kashima's hint interesting, we need s2. Witch domain quite quaint scenery.
Started off too edgy bad cg. Glad some scenery & action improved, with more 2d in some later episodes.
props to skipping op/ed on some episodes to fix pacing.
Sep 29, 10:27 AM
Apr 2016
bad animation, random fanservice
Sep 30, 3:10 AM
Sep 2024
im grateful not waste my time watch the entire series
Sep 30, 12:28 PM
Aug 2024
It was entertaining which makes it good, I usually watch it when I got nothing else to watch when I eat
Sep 30, 12:50 PM
Jul 2024
Premissa boa porem se perdeu e ficou chato
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 25

90 by luhenri »»
Oct 16, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 29

69 by S2P_cinephile »»
Oct 15, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 8

123 by S2P_cinephile »»
Oct 14, 11:53 AM

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12

80 by Forum »»
Oct 10, 1:57 PM

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 11

169 by groudonvert »»
Oct 7, 4:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.