Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 12 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 26, 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
Touka survives even though badly injured. It seems despite the mess he's in, he's trying to keep a promise. Very brave of him and what he's doing..

Episode felt kinda rushed. They just wanted him to be in a hero-like role and reunite him with Seras. In the end, it seems the two really did become close friends. Well, it's also obvious Seras has feelings for Touka.
Sep 26, 9:31 AM

Jul 2017
Eve almost facing death against Touka's classmates of the Talao sisters of Itsuki, her "big sis" Hijir , as well as Kashima (who was supposed to be in another group), whom the older sister stopped the younger sister from inflicting damage on Eve, though she is wary that the girls definitely have a presence similar to Touka, but enough to drop her guard for just a bit for acknowledgement. Meanwhile, Touka managed to deal with some of the human-faced beasts, but even just one of them proves enough trouble. It's only with the help of Piggymaru that Touka is able to outwit the human-faced beast, and as everyone convenes together out from trouble, Touka's Lord of the Flies' war band comes alive again.

Everyone is safe, and taking a rest in a cave, there Seras is trying to comfort Touka from the hatred of his past. Touka needs her support that's all he can, and it's very clear that the older her has feelings for the 17-year-old, as much as Touka admits that he has slowly dropped his guard around her. For now, these two cannot love one another as they are, as they progress onwards to the Witch of Taboo, dark elf Erica Anaorovael's territory, seeking said witch in an upside-down sky environment for a way to get rid of Goddess Vicius.

The revenge continues...in the source material.

I don't know what's smarter: leaving the anime in a clickbait-worthy cliffhanger for a possible Season 2 to raise the stakes, or just leaving things here to tell us to continue with the LN/manga. Either way, what an ass of a show for an Arifureta clone that goes too hard and deep on the edgelord.
KANLen09Sep 27, 8:08 AM
Sep 26, 9:57 AM

Apr 2014
okay, this is not a good series, but, if you ended the season like this you should give us the second season. Where is my sequel!? This was too much cliffhanger. 😠
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 26, 10:03 AM

Feb 2019
Well thank God this is finally over. Won’t have to deal with anymore weekly rapey creeps. Abomination of an adaptation by seven arcs, haven’t even read the books yet but I can tell things were skipped and that’s not to mention the production quality. Finale was okay, but it felt like we didn’t really accomplish anything this season by the end

Tooka still hasn’t met his classmates again, we didn’t even get to learn anything from the witch of taboos since it’s a cliffhanger, demon emperor army on the move.. really the only thing we got was Seras and Tooka realising their feelings for each other but other than that kind of a nothing burger.

I was happy to see Eve survive tho I was little worried she had death flags during that meeting with the Takao sisters and Kobato.. speaking of which, I need Asagi to d*e too. I hate seeing her sexually harass Kobato .

At least we got a kiss albeit a sleep one 😂 and I did like the lap pillow stuff. Tooka the first person I’ve seen reject a lap pillow like that lol. Seras was the best part of this show.. I would’ve liked the ship more if it didn’t feel so rushed like all of a sudden she’s so head over heels for Tooka, but it is what it is. but yea this wasn’t very good. Seven Arcs will pay for their crimes
Marinate1016Sep 26, 11:07 AM
Sep 26, 10:36 AM

Sep 2016
There's such a thing as a cliffhanger and then this which seemed to be more of a mid-episode commercial cutoff and not a season finale episode. What a weird spot/way to end the season.
Sep 26, 10:42 AM
Sep 2015
I'm wondering if it could be better if it goes 100% CGI 3d model instead of mixing between 2D and 3D animation. Of course 100% hand-drawn is just impossible, not just this anime but many many anime (for TV broadcast, not movie), so the holy grail is to find the balance between both world.
Sep 26, 10:47 AM
Feb 2020
Honestly it wasnt an awful finale and place to end.The CGI was most peoples complains and believe me they were bad,but had more of a problem with it just being unnecessarily edgy for the sake of it.Basically every bad guy in the show was made only as hate boners to root for mc to squash them but they're so comically evil with no depth or reason with their only takeaway being "u scumbag".

5/10
Sep 26, 11:24 AM
Nov 2021
This series has much more potential to be a hit. Even with questionable art and cg choices, rather it adds in favour of the series. I would like a S2 with same quality or even better in some incidents and scenes. It was a guilty pleasure watch.
Sep 26, 11:42 AM

Aug 2017
Writing was garbage at times, like most villains are just so evil cartoonish that you can barely take them serious and the characters feels pretty one dimensional ,not to mention the production value was bad, like really bad. But it got a certain hook for me, the revenge story is just my thing and the girls are hot ig. Just gimme a second season please.
Sep 26, 12:01 PM

Jan 2024
What a trash finale, whole lot of nothing burger.
He didn't meet any of his classmates, absolute nothing about the witch. Even the Seras part which have been fine so far and one of the better parts was rushed. They have to fit a kiss in the final episode to make it less bad, no it wasn't it made things worse. Touka if nothing gave the feelings of annoyance.
The also gave a sequel bait which unironically has more chance than other better seasonal Isekais..
Below par 5/10
Sep 26, 12:07 PM

Oct 2017
So yeah he didn't meet his classmates after all. He reached the witch of taboo's place though and looks like it's set in a different realm/place. The house and the background looked good. The witch, Erica Anaorovael is pretty. Good luck to Seras confessing her feelings. Was another one of the op protag isekai anime with low budget with somewhat interesting stuff like the fantasy world building, interested in Erica's place. Maybe s2 someday? Dunno.
Sep 26, 12:16 PM
May 2021
This was one of my favorites this season for sure man. CGI aside, I just love this type of anime man. Arifureta, Fruit of Evolution, and now Isekai Loner Life 🤣 but Tooka really just turned into a badass right away and the way how he thinks and talks is so good. Especially once Seras showed up, oh boy it really took off from there 😂 this so needs a season 2 man. I need to see Seras finally confess to Tooka and also Tooka encountering his classmates again and killing that Goddess. Please 🙏🏻
Sep 26, 12:29 PM
Feb 2022
Wow…so that’s the finale? 👎
Sep 26, 12:30 PM

Sep 2021
I wonder what the budget and the production time for this anime are. The fighting choreography is non-existent and they really going cheap for the animation, whenever they do faraway shots of the main characters they use 3D models instead.

It's sad that this has quite the potential like the other revenge stories and I really love the character designs and ED song.

If this somehow gets a 2nd season hopefully they will be given a better budget and production time.
Sep 26, 12:38 PM

Mar 2022
why they gotta end it this way should've been longer

Sep 26, 12:43 PM
Sep 2022
I'll say here, I read the manga and they cut a lot of things that make the story more complete in anime, so whoever liked the story I recommend you to read the manga.
Sep 26, 12:44 PM

Oct 2014
That’s a bad way of ending a season without a sequel announcement!
Sep 26, 12:48 PM

Jan 2016
While I think it's being a bit generous, I will maintain my 6/10. I am perfectly content with this being the end, but if there is a new season I will watch it.

To the very end, stats meant literally nothing and are just numbers that went up. Those 2 girls are as intelligent neutral as ever. The goddess will likely be disappointed more of them didn't die, especially Sugou.

Those human-faced ones are quite terrifying. Just like the first one, it's really hard to get close, but this one was much more powerful with AOE laser barrages.

If there is more, my guess is the bitch will be complaining to 2-C and likely do something to take care of the undesirables and empowering the scum. While that happens, Touka will likely train with the witch of taboos to takedown the bitch.

The "romance" with Seras and Touka feels so weird. Happy Eve is okay <3 (but disappointed the little pidgin isn't one to have saved her)

Sep 26, 1:02 PM
SuperEdgeLordGo

Feb 2014
Really? Your gonna introduce the hottest dark elf since Yao Haa Dushi and just end?
“When people see some things as beautiful, other things become ugly.
When people see some things as good, other things become bad.”
Sep 26, 1:08 PM
Mar 2020
huh idk... Confused about this series in general... it was like OK maybe it will get better, but it was eh till the end... not sure if second season will be worth waiting and watching.
Sep 26, 1:17 PM

Dec 2018
A somewhat satisfying conclusion; turns out Tooka loves her too <3
Everyone is safe for now. They made it to the witch, though it's hard to get a grasp on her disposition just yet. Could have used another episode though.
Sep 26, 1:19 PM

Dec 2018
Reply to KANLen09
Eve almost facing death against Touka's classmates of the Talao sisters of Itsuki, her "big sis" Hijir , as well as Kashima (who was supposed to be in another group), whom the older sister stopped the younger sister from inflicting damage on Eve, though she is wary that the girls definitely have a presence similar to Touka, but enough to drop her guard for just a bit for acknowledgement. Meanwhile, Touka managed to deal with some of the human-faced beasts, but even just one of them proves enough trouble. It's only with the help of Piggymaru that Touka is able to outwit the human-faced beast, and as everyone convenes together out from trouble, Touka's Lord of the Flies' war band comes alive again.

Everyone is safe, and taking a rest in a cave, there Seras is trying to comfort Touka from the hatred of his past. Touka needs her support that's all he can, and it's very clear that the older her has feelings for the 17-year-old, as much as Touka admits that he has slowly dropped his guard around her. For now, these two cannot love one another as they are, as they progress onwards to the Witch of Taboo, dark elf Erica Anaorovael's territory, seeking said witch in an upside-down sky environment for a way to get rid of Goddess Vicius.

The revenge continues...in the source material.

I don't know what's smarter: leaving the anime in a clickbait-worthy cliffhanger for a possible Season 2 to raise the stakes, or just leaving things here to tell us to continue with the LN/manga. Either way, what an ass of a show for an Arifureta clone that goes too hard and deep on the edgelord.
@KANLen09 Lol I am inclined to agree. It will be easily forgotten if there isn't a quick s2 announced. However, awful CGI notwithstanding, I found some parts of it enjoyable so I would totally watch a season 2, knowing full well it's like eating leftover taco bell and getting sick.
Sep 26, 1:33 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to camay1997
Really? Your gonna introduce the hottest dark elf since Yao Haa Dushi and just end?
@camay1997
Yup.
And that was the same in the Light Novel.
Sep 26, 1:52 PM

Apr 2016
Despite the bad CGI i really enjoyed the story. Too bad that there's no announcement for S2
Final score 6.7/10

Sep 26, 1:56 PM

Jul 2022
Eve was lucky to find Touka's former companions, who seem more level-headed. Hijiri Takao appears to be quite smart and isn’t allied with any of the class factions. Touka managed to defeat the monsters and reach the Land of the Witches of Taboos. And that witch is definitely attractive—sadly, we won’t see more of her until they release another season.

Even though the anime started off poorly, the story somewhat redeemed it. It’s not amazing, but it’s entertaining enough. Hopefully, there will be a second season.
Sep 26, 1:57 PM

Jun 2022
are u kidding me now

only thing i was watching for was the revenge bit but all i got was weird cgi fight instead . whatever , thanks to that enjoy ur '1' rating for a week . u really wasted my time . should have dropped this at 3 like i do with usual duds , oh well ... onto the next one .

Sep 26, 2:05 PM

Jun 2016
The animation was "meh" but I liked the story and the characters, nothing super original but I like the revenge plot and the general "atmosphere" of the series, I would watch a S2 for sure.
Sep 26, 2:12 PM
Dec 2021
amazing anime, hope for another season
Sep 26, 2:14 PM
Mar 2019
the anime its ok but so normal an sometimes bore
Sep 26, 2:24 PM
Mar 2019
After refreshing the streaming site a dozen times this week , we finally got the final ep of Failure frame , a show that i wasnt sure at first it will deliver but i m glad it did . This is the first revenge isekai anime i watched that didnt turn into a generic regular isekai later which a breath of fresh air . It had it fair share of issues ofc , especially the atrocius animation , they made it slightly better with the use of cgi which was on point at the beginning but the more monsters they scrammed into screen , the goofier the cg became , which is a shame since they have distinctive/creative designs . Mc carried hard overall due to his solid motivation and his approach to combat encounters , the other characters werent special but i have high hopes for Sougou (deutaragonist) . Overall , i pretty much enjoyed this show , had banger soundtracks , solid art , excellent protag , but sadly they fumbled the bag animation wise , i will defintly hop into the manga later 7/10
Sep 26, 2:26 PM
Oct 2023
Awful animation. Maga is so much better than the anime 😫
Sep 26, 2:51 PM
Oct 2022
Too bad it was poor written story. This anime could have been a masterpiece, I imagined it would be completely different, but I was wrong.

More season should be made in order for Mimori to fighting Goddess Vicius.
Sep 26, 2:56 PM

May 2019
Well, at least the girls wore skimpy outfits 👍. But seriously though, I somewhat enjoyed watching this despite the poor production values as the story about revenge did get my attention even though it could've been told and showed in a better way. If a 2nd season is made I will watch it but I hope that they improve on the animation and make the storyline more cohesive.

6/10
Sep 26, 3:11 PM
Jan 2009
That was an extremely weird way to end a season. No meaningful final fight, no conclusion in any meaningful way to any plot lines, and no real cliffhanger, at least not for anything we care about (do you care about the demon army invading some country we've never seen? Me neither). Sure, they met the witch, but "hello are you the witch?" "hello, yes I am the witch" is not exactly a cliffhanger ending.
Sep 26, 3:29 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to amf85
That was an extremely weird way to end a season. No meaningful final fight, no conclusion in any meaningful way to any plot lines, and no real cliffhanger, at least not for anything we care about (do you care about the demon army invading some country we've never seen? Me neither). Sure, they met the witch, but "hello are you the witch?" "hello, yes I am the witch" is not exactly a cliffhanger ending.
@amf85
Oh there is a conclusion : finding the Witch of Taboos. That was the main plot line of this season.
Sep 26, 3:31 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to groudonvert
@amf85
Oh there is a conclusion : finding the Witch of Taboos. That was the main plot line of this season.
@groudonvert Yes, I did mention that. It was not finale material.
Sep 26, 3:42 PM

Nov 2016
Next season will be in years, first season almost catch up to manga
Sep 26, 3:44 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to amf85
@groudonvert Yes, I did mention that. It was not finale material.
@amf85
Well they cut out (more likely delay for a potential season 2, should I say) a scene in the Light Novel that could have been a better cliffhanger.
But... well the only way they could have added it in the episode they would have to cut out the outro lol

For those who are interested by that (LN4 spoiler) :

This scene is important and can't be cut out completely. The manga decided to delay it as well for some reasons. In my opinion, it would have been a better cliffhanger.
groudonvertSep 26, 3:49 PM
Sep 26, 3:50 PM

Apr 2023
Wow what an awful season finale. With the awful CG monster designs, bad drawn and CG animation, 90% of all antagonists being sexual predators, and all around subpar story. This is one of the worst shows I've seen in a while, and yet it's still mildly entertaining. Very low expectations for any continuation of this, but I've definitely seen worse.The finale was one of the most boring episodes this show had, and the random "monster hides behind corpses" didn't really make sense at all considering he'd wiped out waves of things without "seeing their eyes" (literally that big thing was as noticeable as any of the wave of monsters behind the front charging ones that he could still effect without "seeing them", and even then it's not like you couldn't see it's big stupid face behind those little monsters it was holind). Gunna say 5/10 because it's just ok. Nothing spectacular innovative or really all that exciting as far as anime series go.
Sep 26, 3:53 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to groudonvert
@amf85
Well they cut out (more likely delay for a potential season 2, should I say) a scene in the Light Novel that could have been a better cliffhanger.
But... well the only way they could have added it in the episode they would have to cut out the outro lol

For those who are interested by that (LN4 spoiler) :

This scene is important and can't be cut out completely. The manga decided to delay it as well for some reasons. In my opinion, it would have been a better cliffhanger.
@groudonvert That certainly would have been a much better ending. Strange that they didn't use it.

Still, what I think most people were expecting (who hadn't read ahead) was SOME kind of battle between Touka and one of his classmates (or at least meeting and leaving the battle as a cliffhanger). That's what all the forest stuff seemed like it was leading to.
Sep 26, 4:12 PM
Jul 2024
Was better than that one show about the "Hero" that wasn't last Season. Still, missed a lot of potential. But I would watch a second season.
Sep 26, 4:13 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to amf85
@groudonvert That certainly would have been a much better ending. Strange that they didn't use it.

Still, what I think most people were expecting (who hadn't read ahead) was SOME kind of battle between Touka and one of his classmates (or at least meeting and leaving the battle as a cliffhanger). That's what all the forest stuff seemed like it was leading to.
@amf85
Lack of time pretty much. There's not a single scene in the final that could have been cut out... and they already cut out the new spell (whose name is not even revealed lol), that's how much stacked the last episode is.

We all expected a battle where Touka saves Eve from Itsuki (even how improbable it was), but instead we meet a new character, level-headed, smart, barely present in the story and always with her sister, so we (and the classmates) don't know a thing about her. She's the new variable in the equation (it's such a shame they cut out that scene with her :( ).

Failure Frame has the habit to make you think something will happen (Civit coming back for an end season battle, a classical tournament arc, a fated meeting with all the classmates...) and throw away all your expectations to go somewhere else.

That's why I love Failure Frame : the story is unpredictable.
Sep 26, 5:10 PM
Sep 2023
AkeZZZ said:
okay, this is not a good series, but, if you ended the season like this you should give us the second season. Where is my sequel!? This was too much cliffhanger. 😠

it IS a GREAT series,

judging a series based off its anime adaptation is the epitomy of idiocraxy
Sep 26, 5:10 PM
Sep 2023
DiabolicNick said:
There's such a thing as a cliffhanger and then this which seemed to be more of a mid-episode commercial cutoff and not a season finale episode. What a weird spot/way to end the season.

yeah, one if the main problems with sloppy animation
Sep 26, 5:12 PM
Sep 2023
phantomfandom said:
I'm wondering if it could be better if it goes 100% CGI 3d model instead of mixing between 2D and 3D animation. Of course 100% hand-drawn is just impossible, not just this anime but many many anime (for TV broadcast, not movie), so the holy grail is to find the balance between both world.

it mainly depends on the people themself animating the scenes,
Yes 100% animation is better than 100% cgi,

but lets not ignore the fact that its still productions fault
Sep 26, 5:13 PM
Sep 2023
Scott999_ said:
I'll say here, I read the manga and they cut a lot of things that make the story more complete in anime, so whoever liked the story I recommend you to read the manga.

i agree, now they will be severely less likely to continue,

Even if it was their fault for using the series' adaptation as an expirement,
🤦🤦🤦🤦
Sep 26, 5:14 PM
Sep 2023
Builder45 said:
Honestly it wasnt an awful finale and place to end.The CGI was most peoples complains and believe me they were bad,but had more of a problem with it just being unnecessarily edgy for the sake of it.Basically every bad guy in the show was made only as hate boners to root for mc to squash them but they're so comically evil with no depth or reason with their only takeaway being "u scumbag".

5/10

tbf, its mainly about how its represented,

THIS COULDVE BEEN A BANGER,
if the production was actually TAKEN SERIOUSLY
Sep 26, 5:15 PM

May 2010
Guess I'll have to pick up the manga/light novel.

Anyone knows which chapter would correspond to the next anime episode?

looks like chapter 45
AohhSep 26, 5:25 PM
Sep 26, 5:51 PM
Feb 2021
this is the most underwhelming finale i’ve ever seen. the final episode doesn’t feel like a final episode 💀
Sep 26, 6:05 PM

May 2015
Well, Touka and his team met the witch, while his classmates continue to barely stay afloat. I really hope his classmates grow more of a backbone other then Sogou but I doubt they will. This was an enjoyable watch!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 25

90 by luhenri »»
Oct 16, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 29

69 by S2P_cinephile »»
Oct 15, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 8

123 by S2P_cinephile »»
Oct 14, 11:53 AM

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12

80 by Forum »»
Oct 10, 1:57 PM

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 11

169 by groudonvert »»
Oct 7, 4:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.