Forum Settings
Forums

J.C.Staff Produces 'Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor: EZY' Anime for 2026

New
Sep 19, 5:34 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of the Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor: EZY (Patlabor EZY) anime project unveiled production staff and a new teaser visual (pictured) on Friday. The new anime project, produced by J.C.Staff, is planned for a 2026 debut.

Staff
Director: Yutaka Izubuchi (RahXephon)
Series Composition, Script: Kazunori Itou (Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor)
Original Character Design: Masami Yuuki (Tetsuwan Birdy Decode)
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Takamitsu Satou (Satsuriku no Tenshi)
Costume Design Cooperation: Akemi Takada (Kimagure Orange☆Road character design)
Mechanical Design: Kanetake Ebikawa (Kidou Senshi Gundam 00), Toshiaki Ihara (Full Metal Panic!)
Art: Masanori Kikuchi (Top wo Nerae 2! Diebuster art director), Yuuta Akiyama (Toaru Majutsu no Index III assistant art director)
CG Director: Yasutomo Moriizumi (Pokemon Movie 21: Minna no Monogatari)
Music: Kenji Kawai (Mob Psycho 100)
Producer: Taro Maki (Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni)
Studio: J.C.Staff
CG Production: GAZEN
Production: Genco

Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor the Movie (Patlabor: The Movie), the 1989 film directed by Mamoru Oshii (Koukaku Kidoutai), will receive a revival screen in 105 theaters nationwide on September 20, alongside the project's two-minute pilot film.

The Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor: EZY (Patlabor EZY) anime project was originally revealed by animation planning company Genco at the MIFA market at the Annecy International Animation Film Festival in 2017 alongside Naoki Urasawa's Pluto.

Created by HEADGEAR—a group consisting of director Mamoru Oshii, screenwriter Kazunori Itou, mecha designer Yutaka Izubuchi, character designer Akemi Takada, and manga artist Masami Yuuki—the Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor (Patlabor: The Mobile Police) mixed media project began with a manga and original video anime in 1988. The franchise has since received two original video anime series, a television anime, and three movies. The third and latest movie, WXIII Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor (Patlabor: WXIII), opened in 2002.

The Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor: Reboot (Mobile Police Patlabor: Reboot) short movie by animation studio Khara, premiered in October 2016.

Official site: https://patlabor.tokyo/
Official X: @patlabor0810

Source: animate Times

Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor: EZY on MAL

Sep 19, 5:44 PM

Aug 2024
After many years Patlabor is back... in one of the most overloaded studios in the entire industry 💀
Sep 19, 5:50 PM

Sep 2024
I can't wait for this! I like mecha anime and think I would enjoy watching this. Can't wait until more information about this comes up somewhere.
"When clouds appear, wise men put on their cloaks;
When great leaves fall, the winter is at hand;
When the sun sets, who doth not look for night?
Untimely storms make men expect a dearth."

William Shakespeare
Sep 19, 6:29 PM

Jun 2024
Yeah Patlabor is back I wonder if its ova timeline or tv series timeline I wish Noa Izumi is still protagonist and same SV2 unit.
Sep 19, 6:47 PM

Jul 2012
I really hope that we get to see the 2 minute preview movie before 2026. I need more content! It was shown before the 1989 Patlabor movie a few days ago to those who attended apparently. I have been trying to keep the Patlabor fandom alive for the past few years, finally all the old fans will come out of the woodworks and new fans will discover this cool series! So many people only watched Patlabor 2, but they missed out on a fun anime. I hope this is somewhere in-between serious and light-hearted.

Im going to fly fly away!

Plus the legend himself Kenji Kawai will be back. He did great music in the original Fate series as well.
MiraniaSep 19, 6:51 PM
Sep 19, 6:52 PM

Jul 2012
Reply to Kirika_Madeleine
Yeah Patlabor is back I wonder if its ova timeline or tv series timeline I wish Noa Izumi is still protagonist and same SV2 unit.
@Kirika_Madeleine

There is an official timeline of when EZY will take place.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Patlabor/comments/u45rfx/official_continuity_chart_of_the_franchise_plus/

Sep 19, 8:17 PM

Apr 2023
I see that the essential original staff is involved, that's some sort of relief, not the animation studio though.
Sep 19, 8:42 PM

Aug 2010
It's been a hot minute since i thought of Patlabor.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Sep 19, 9:15 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Mirania
@Mirania Did they ignore the weird Khara commercial where she and her boyfriend swapped places? In any case, it confuses me that 7 years have already passed since the announcement of the new anime.
Sep 19, 9:19 PM
Aug 2024
Can't wait for this!!! always like Mecha anime!!
Sep 19, 10:14 PM

Jun 2021
eyWHHHHUUUUTTT!!!???? this guys will air a patlabor media in this decade!!!???? I said again, and more loudly, jus pls imagine the words but more bigger.....WWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!??????????????
I thought this series was stuff only consumed by weird hyper-niche japanese political thriller / mecha media elitist enjoyers in the 2000's, THIS GUYS AND I ARE SURPRISED MAN, seriously.
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Sep 20, 12:12 AM

Jan 2009
i will wait for trailers first before deciding
Sep 20, 12:55 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Adriannitro
eyWHHHHUUUUTTT!!!???? this guys will air a patlabor media in this decade!!!???? I said again, and more loudly, jus pls imagine the words but more bigger.....WWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!??????????????
I thought this series was stuff only consumed by weird hyper-niche japanese political thriller / mecha media elitist enjoyers in the 2000's, THIS GUYS AND I ARE SURPRISED MAN, seriously.
@Adriannitro Um, this is one of the most famous mecha franchises from the genre's heyday at the end of the 20th century. As it is written in the news, this update was announced back in the 10s.
Sep 20, 12:58 AM

Feb 2012
Oshii isn't involved in this?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 20, 1:06 AM

Oct 2017
Is this gonna be a remake?
Sep 20, 1:18 AM

May 2021
J.C.Staff a mid studio , taking 30 projects each year including this one and somehow people expect OPM S3 and other big projects to be good animated 🤷‍♂️ . What happened to the anime industry in Japan choosing only J.C.Staff?

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Sep 20, 1:24 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to MegamiRem
Is this gonna be a remake?
@MegamiRem @Fortress_Maximus According to the latest Japanese article, it is listed as a "continuation of the franchise" and several times as a "new anime series". Moreover, if I haven't confused anything, the main mecha had already been in use for more than 30 years at the time of the release of this show (I'm not sure if this was meant from a plot or branding perspective). I couldn’t find any information about Oshii, but judging by the news, all this is being promoted very much, primarily for fans of the original franchise. I even instinctively started looking up Ichiro Okouchi's name because of this style of advertising lmao.
RobertBobertSep 20, 1:33 AM
Sep 20, 1:55 AM

Oct 2018
@deg Are these from the Anime Expo short or new?
https://x.com/denfaminicogame/status/1836905668047200497
Sep 20, 2:07 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Etherius_ZS
@Etherius_ZS that is from the short reboot afaik
Sep 20, 2:52 AM

Jan 2012
Reply to Etherius_ZS
@Etherius_ZS New, not from the short like the comment above implies.
Sep 20, 3:32 AM

Oct 2018
Reply to ukloim
@Etherius_ZS New, not from the short like the comment above implies.
@ukloim From what I've seen from Asano, these designs indeed look hideous for his standards, so that kinda checks out.
Sep 20, 9:57 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to Fortress_Maximus
Oshii isn't involved in this?
@Fortress_Maximus Everyone from Headgear EXCEPT Oshii is involved.
Sep 20, 10:14 AM

Feb 2012
Reply to Ionliosite2
@Fortress_Maximus Everyone from Headgear EXCEPT Oshii is involved.
@Ionliosite2 that's got me conflicted, my favourite Patlabor installments were all directed by Oshii but Izubuchi has a relatively better track record in recent years.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 20, 11:08 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Fortress_Maximus
@Ionliosite2 that's got me conflicted, my favourite Patlabor installments were all directed by Oshii but Izubuchi has a relatively better track record in recent years.
@Fortress_Maximus Considering that they see the new anime as a direct continuation of the old one, it is possible that they also worked on it with the post-Oshii team.
Sep 20, 4:02 PM

Nov 2012
Not surprised at all by Oshii not being involved with this despite it being Patlabor.

After Metallic Rouge anything would be an improvement for Izubuchi.
Sep 20, 9:56 PM

Apr 2021
Oh christ, not Shatlabor. More braindead remakes/continuations of older trash for the masses lol
Sep 21, 10:49 AM

Jun 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@Adriannitro Um, this is one of the most famous mecha franchises from the genre's heyday at the end of the 20th century. As it is written in the news, this update was announced back in the 10s.
@RobertBobert yeah yeah u have reason man everything very clear , but i was impressed man...no, more accurately i'm now......yeah, i think probably i writted that message with an ungodly amount of energy i'm embrassed haha sorry i usually write like that sometimes sorry haha....
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Sep 21, 10:52 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Adriannitro
@RobertBobert yeah yeah u have reason man everything very clear , but i was impressed man...no, more accurately i'm now......yeah, i think probably i writted that message with an ungodly amount of energy i'm embrassed haha sorry i usually write like that sometimes sorry haha....
@Adriannitro No problem, you don't have to apologize to me for anything.
Sep 21, 6:17 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@Adriannitro No problem, you don't have to apologize to me for anything.
@RobertBobert oh nonnono i just wanted to say i was exaggerating man haha, probably u noticed since the first second. Plus i wasn't aware the cult-following patlabor have, like, japan have "facility" to continue franchises with that status even if it have like 30-40 years-ago, i guess.

More topics from this board

» 'Sousei no Aquarion: Myth of Emotions' Unveils Main Staff, Winter 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Oct 17

3 by malvarez1 »»
48 minutes ago

» Yukihiro Shibutani, Art Director of 'Natsume Yuujinchou', Dies at 63

Vindstot - Oct 16

12 by malvarez1 »»
49 minutes ago

» 'Ninja Batman tai Yakuza League' Unveils Supporting Cast, Trailer

Vindstot - Oct 17

3 by malvarez1 »»
49 minutes ago

» Webtoon 'The Beginning After The End' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

18 by malvarez1 »»
50 minutes ago

» 'Lazarus' Unveils Main Staff, Cast, 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

12 by deg »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.