Jul 16, 11:23 AM
Jun 2024
Anyone got any thoughts of Reina, either criticism or praise or something else
Jul 16, 11:30 AM

Jul 2023
Reina is always the best girl, finito.

Jul 16, 11:31 AM

Aug 2022
I don’t tend to deeply analyse characters unless I adore them.

But as for Reina I mean I like her a lot. The show wouldn’t be the same without her imo
Jul 16, 11:33 AM
Apr 2021
Best girl of the show to me
Jul 16, 11:38 AM
Jun 2024
nirererin said:

Mind sharing reasons for liking her?
Jul 16, 11:40 AM
Jun 2024
Phantom_373 said:
I don’t tend to deeply analyse characters unless I adore them.

But as for Reina I mean I like her a lot. The show wouldn’t be the same without her imo

Mind telling us why
Jul 16, 11:45 AM

Nov 2019
She's pleasing to the eyes onscreen. Shines the most when she's with Kumiko. Her eccentricity is pretty realistically portrayed sometimes. Otherwise, mostly a boring character.

Extremely important to the core themes of the show tho.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jul 16, 11:52 AM

May 2022
I loved her determination to be the best. I also loved her no nonsense style that at times was harsh but pushed everyone around her to be better.
Jul 16, 12:04 PM
Dec 2023
I liked how they presented Reina during Season 3. She's always come across as very driven and confident in herself to the point that it causes conflict with others, but in Season 3 they also highlighted areas where her focus and attitude also causes her to have blindspots. My favorite scenes include the episode where she tries to "break up" the friendship with Kumiko just because she is going to music school and Kumiko isn't and then Kumiko corrects this misunderstanding that they will "drift apart". Of course the scene where she admits to intentionally choosing Mayu for the solo is just heart rending, but also shows her strength and dedication to the goal of winning gold at Nationals. So many scenes where she comes across as being a bit more human in Season 3, compared to previous seasons.
Jul 16, 12:12 PM
May 2011
Why she gotta be in love with *spoilers* though?
Jul 16, 2:39 PM
Dec 2018
I feel like she’s a good character foil for Kumiko in some ways. While Kumiko had a VERY endearing sort of youthful, uncertain malaise about her (more so in the beginning of the story) which progressively erodes as she ages, Reina was always laser focused and was correct to focus on what she did (though part of her motivation was arguably naïve, it was nonetheless efficacious.) Her choice to pursue professional music, far as I could tell, turned out to be the right one, and she knew that was what she wanted all along. Reina was always headstrong and blunt (sometimes to the point of outright rudeness) regardless of circumstances, while Kumiko initially only exhibits that trait in spurts, in private, and with people she feels comfortable enough with to let that out (e.g. Asuka.)
This juxtaposition is illustrative of the “opposites attract” idea; they complement each other so well, in part, because they’re so different. That might be part of why they like each other so much; they provide each other with new perspectives about how to behave/approach problems and, as we saw in the third season, this was not always friendly. Nevertheless, it was passionate and transformative.
Ultimately, I found her very interesting and a great/necessary addition to the story.
But Natsuki best girl lmao
Jul 16, 3:07 PM

Jul 2023
ToumaKazusa___ said:
nirererin said:

Mind sharing reasons for liking her?

Imo, Reina is one of the reason that Hibike or Kumiko's story progresses. In the s1, if reina wasn't there to push kumiko then she'll never going to change or never get this much passionate as we saw in s2 or s3. Again, in the s3, (after the 2nd audition) Reina was harsh but her pov was clear and provoke kumiko to say step up as president and at last kumiko step up and got to do the same thing what Reina mentioned or told her to do.

For those reason many of us don't like Reina, but ngl without her it would be pale. That's why Reina is always the best girl (I didn't say anything about looks)

Jul 16, 8:00 PM

Aug 2020
Also known as the best and also really cute

Jul 17, 2:03 PM
Oct 2021
Kousaka is Takina with a trumpet instead of a gun.
Jul 17, 3:13 PM
Jul 2013
Would be an extremely good character if season 3 didn't exist.
Jul 20, 2:34 AM
Feb 2021
I can agree to an extent that without reina story would be dull and generic but yikes she is annoying af "taki this taki that" gives me suck me sensei vibes

And how she defends taki's choice of solo... Fr how can an ensemble as a whole can perform better if they are demotivated they are high school kids?

Imo she is my least favourite in this show but without her the show would be bit dull

Hmm fr me it's kanade I love the way she speaks her mind no one can wear mask around her pretending to be goody goody

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DarkHumor04 - Jun 30

204 by defaulticus »»
Oct 14, 12:20 AM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 23

340 by Joshhhp »»
Oct 10, 1:51 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 16

90 by Joshhhp »»
Oct 10, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Jun 9

95 by Joshhhp »»
Oct 10, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 2

112 by Joshhhp »»
Oct 10, 1:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.