Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 13, 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
It's only the second episode but Dali's tool invention skills are already becoming handy, with that coat. This shows more of her clever skins and creative mind for the community.

She's also making friends too so Dali also appears to have some people skills. Pretty sure this is the recurring trend for rest of the series, for Dali to use her mind and creative skills to solve problems.
Jul 13, 5:55 AM
Feb 2024
I can’t say I’m all that surprised, though I can say I’m pretty disappointed. I’d hoped her father would stay alive longer, though overall, considering he’s a main character lately, I suppose I should be happy he didn’t die in episode one.
I know that the arranged engagement is for mutual benefit, but I hope Dahlia breaks away from it and finds someone more worthy of her. Tobias was alright at first, but the more he asks her to change the more you can tell that he simply doesn’t deserve to stand by her side. He’s probably just frustrated that she’s a better inventor, but that’s still no excuse.
I hope she finds better.
Jul 13, 6:12 AM
May 2023
I already dislike Tobias.
Jul 13, 6:13 AM
Sep 2015
It's one thing if Tobias has business skill and want to refine Dahlia into a more professional appearance, but he doesn't seem to have business skill, or any skill at all.
Jul 13, 6:13 AM

Mar 2021
Heartbreaking to see Dahlia lose her father like that. I do hope she can get away from Tobias the guy just seems a complete asshole.
Jul 13, 6:18 AM

Apr 2014
F Tobias, why did you ask Dahlia to change her hair color when Red is better than? I really hope they'll break up soon as Tobias is not worth enough for Dahlia. He's just a manipulative idiot.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 13, 6:29 AM

May 2012
Reply to AkeZZZ
F Tobias, why did you ask Dahlia to change her hair color when Red is better than? I really hope they'll break up soon as Tobias is not worth enough for Dahlia. He's just a manipulative idiot.
@AkeZZZ the next episode titel, have a question in it, i whould say, they will break up and its better..
dont wear this high shoes -> you should't be higher than a man
dont drink -> its not female enougth
dont have this bright hair color.. -> you should't stand out against man's..

its the same F think man everytime want, controll over the woman in all areas..
Jul 13, 6:43 AM

Feb 2014
What's up with this Tobias guy who's very manipulative and asshole to Dahlia. The engagment is too one sided, Dahlia is an amazing inventor while Tobias seems to have nothing aside from the name and the company.
Jul 13, 6:54 AM

Apr 2015
Does she need to ask permission to breathe too?!

Wtf Tobias, I hope she ends this relationship in the next episode.

🌙 Sailor Moon 🌙

Jul 13, 7:45 AM
Mar 2012
Too melancholy, too slow, too boring.
Jul 13, 7:46 AM

Jun 2022
hope we dont see tobias again after her dad died, controlling ass mf fr

Jul 13, 8:32 AM

Mar 2016
The story continues just like the synopsis tells, today the prick who's gonna betray her appeared and fuck, my hate to that manipulative son of a bitch has increased, fuck Tobias! Me and all my homies hate that asshole. Anyway, I suppose starting next episode things will heat up for our girl, and I'm here for that.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 13, 8:59 AM
Oct 2022
I’ve really liked this so far and the anime has started to do a good job of fleshing out this world. As I haven’t read the LN or manga for this one I’m really worried we’ll have to suffer through multiple episodes of CRAZY Toby’s control freak tendencies.. I’m really hoping the male mc in the titles pic will come along sooner rather than later. Dal is a sweet girl, I don’t wanna watch her suffer for a bunch of episodes so let’s hope this gets sorted out quick and Toby can take his pathological personality straight to hell where it belongs 😆😆😆
Jul 13, 9:01 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to Lucas8x
Does she need to ask permission to breathe too?!

Wtf Tobias, I hope she ends this relationship in the next episode.
@Lucas8x me too dude.. I’m really really hoping we don’t have multiple episodes of her being abused by this insane a$&hole.
Jul 13, 10:14 AM
Aug 2021
2 episodes in and the story seems so bland dropping it
Jul 13, 10:30 AM
May 2024
why was her dad's body in such a huge empty room it was so weird…, honestly this episode was kinda over the top in a funny way, but as a result the emotional impact of the deaths wasn't there at all for me. I already hate Tobias I hope she gets away from him soon
Jul 13, 10:55 AM

Nov 2013
After 2 episodes, I don't get this anime. Is this really an ISEKAI?

I mean, in episode 1, there's a random girl in front of a computer doing her work. Then the opening starts, and it switches to a random child living a normal life with her dad. I watched until the end and felt like, "Did I miss something?" "Oh, maybe it'll make sense in episode 2."

Then I watched episode 2 and still had no clue who she is (even though I know she's the main character/reincarnator).

Did she reincarnate as a baby and not even remember her past life? We don't even see how she died and reincarnated in the first place, and the story just focuses on that child's normal life.

Why is this even an isekai in the first place?
DROPPED.
Jul 13, 11:01 AM
Apr 2020
Really sad to see the Dad go, but damn Tobias is an arse. Seeing the title for next episode, I'm hopeful Dahlia realizes how toxic he is and dumps him.
Jul 13, 11:14 AM
May 2018
Reply to ZaviieR
After 2 episodes, I don't get this anime. Is this really an ISEKAI?

I mean, in episode 1, there's a random girl in front of a computer doing her work. Then the opening starts, and it switches to a random child living a normal life with her dad. I watched until the end and felt like, "Did I miss something?" "Oh, maybe it'll make sense in episode 2."

Then I watched episode 2 and still had no clue who she is (even though I know she's the main character/reincarnator).

Did she reincarnate as a baby and not even remember her past life? We don't even see how she died and reincarnated in the first place, and the story just focuses on that child's normal life.

Why is this even an isekai in the first place?
DROPPED.
@ZaviieR from my memory of the light novels the isekai in this one is kind of incidental, a bit like in Faraway Paladin. it’s clear she’s getting her ideas from our world inventions and technologies, but the focus is on the slice of life, and romance not the reincarnated bit.

This show has also slightly changed things up with the start, in the novels it starts at a point the anime hasn’t got to yet, and you get the stuff we’ve had in the first two episodes as flashbacks, and references to earlier events, later on in the novels.
Jul 13, 11:52 AM
Jun 2019
I haven't read the manga, but they seemed to cover a lot of time in this episode, leading us to tragic developments for the lead and her partner. Of course the first episode goes from 0 to young adult at full-throttle as well, so I'm looking forward to how her inventions will develop with the rest of the series. Feeling avid and optimistic, so far.
Jul 13, 12:04 PM

Aug 2022
Well I said last episode that I hope they don't push aside the father from the plot at all and instead they straight up killed him lmao
Jul 13, 12:07 PM
Feb 2021
that student of her dad is a ass
Jul 13, 12:26 PM
Jul 2020
Tobias ruined the whole fuckin epsiode. The first episode was so fire and the show just get's shit in the second wtf. I dropped my score from 7/10 to 4/10.
Jul 13, 1:31 PM
Aug 2023
I wasn't expecting her to be engaged so early on, and its not like I have a problem with it but her partner seems to be a bit controlling. I don't understand why she had to change her appearance so much for him.
Jul 13, 2:03 PM
Jul 2016
Tobias seemed kind at first, but after what happened throughout this episode I grew to dislike him more and more, forcing her to change these things about herself really quite annoyed me, I get why, but what has he done? He's done little to nothing.
Jul 13, 2:38 PM

Feb 2019
Life is funny because you can be on top of the world one moment and at rock bottom the next. With the way this episode started who would’ve expected that we’d end with tears? Absolutely heartbroken to see Carlo and Theo go.. and knowing that they entrusted their kids to each other only for it to be a marriage from hell.. yikes.

The waterproof fabric and raincoat invention was brilliant. It’s amazing how inconveniences like getting soaked while walking home can lead to some of the best inventions ever. The Rossetti’s should be good for generations off that alone, the applications of it are innumerable. At least before he died Carlo got to be apart of one of his world’s most significant inventions and I’m sure many more great things will come from Dahlia

But wtf man Carlo would hate to know the type of person he left his daughter with. He doesn’t want Dahlia to wear her natural hair colour, to drink, wear makeup or her proper glasses? Controlling insecure piece of shit. Can’t judge a book by its cover because he came off as such a nice guy and ends up being the biggest devil.

Dahlia did kinda tell her dad that something was going on when she showed up at the pub and couldn’t drink but he was probably too sick/weak to get properly upset at that point.. I hope she breaks free of this very toxic relationship in the next episode because that’s not at all how her dad would want her living and funnily enough, exposed her to the same sort of danger he wanted her protected from by marrying Tobias lol
Marinate1016Jul 13, 3:05 PM
Jul 13, 2:58 PM
Dec 2018
Why does every character in every scene have a cross shadow? Sometimes in opposite directions or just stuck to their body. I don’t remember that being the case in the last episode. Super distracting

Also, F Tobias
Jul 13, 3:31 PM
Feb 2015
hopefully this gets good once the prologue is done cuz so far its been boring.
Jul 13, 4:58 PM

Jan 2024
I can't stand Tobias. I hope Dahlia breaks it off in the next episode.
Jul 13, 5:46 PM
Aug 2018
I had a bad feeling about Tobias the second he showed up, I didn’t think I’d be right though.
Jul 13, 6:40 PM

Jan 2008
To hell with Tobias...because he's not as talented, he feels the need to unreasonably control every little thing about Dahliya as she stands out more than he does, going as far as to tell her to change her natural red hair color that she was born with into a dull brown. What an insecure and petty man. Dahliya is too good for him. When she took charge of the trading company after the chairman kicked the bucket, it showed she was better at being business savvy than Tobias was too, being a better leader than he was in times of crises. Tobias is useless at both being a toolmaker and as a merchant.

From the OP, and the next episode's title, it looks like I won't have to worry about that piece of shit marrying her. The faster he takes a hike, the better.

I wonder how the two fathers knew they were going to die soon a year in advance. Liver failure from too much drinking? It really just felt like it came out of nowhere.

The slime raincoat reminds of "By the Grace of the Gods" who did it first.
Estoy_GordoJul 13, 6:45 PM
Jul 13, 6:40 PM

Sep 2016
I would've understood Tobias if the anime was clear about certain ancient gender norms to be the norm in this world, but nope, Tobias is just a pos
Well he is not on the splash art so looking forward to see him become his own ruin I guess lol
bruh
Jul 13, 7:01 PM

Jun 2014
Reply to FrozenNova
@ZaviieR from my memory of the light novels the isekai in this one is kind of incidental, a bit like in Faraway Paladin. it’s clear she’s getting her ideas from our world inventions and technologies, but the focus is on the slice of life, and romance not the reincarnated bit.

This show has also slightly changed things up with the start, in the novels it starts at a point the anime hasn’t got to yet, and you get the stuff we’ve had in the first two episodes as flashbacks, and references to earlier events, later on in the novels.
@FrozenNova yeah i was thinking the same and i fear they do that, insted of it being a flashback they start with it, no people rate the show after that and hate it or drop it before they got to the actual part of the story.

Any story be it book, novel, movie or anime or for that matter a school project/report and so, there some rules you need to upkeep or it most of the time just wont be good or consider good.

First you need to have a good start, as the initial impression set the basic for were the rest is jugde from.
Second you need atleast a decent middle with some interesting bits here and.
And Third you need a good finish.

So if you start of great people will from start rate it high, if you do as they done here they rate it low to mediocer, and much harder to raise things to get the same value as a good, it might even floop even if the story in the long run is great.

Now if you started of good you need a decent story that have some interresting things, if the middle story is great that is even better, as long as it does not become a bad or dull and a soup boiling with no substance.

And you need a good finish, even the best most interesting story and so, can be consider bad if the ending is crap or well just mediocer is many excample i could give but i wont since there always some that disagree and then blah blah blah.

Now if the story is great all the way true that just perfect, but what i writen above is the minimum to make a good show even great, same a mediocer story that startet out good can be consider and rated better then a great show that started out bad.
As it so hard to raise the initial impression, the middle just need to keep the score some what it might drop a little the score, but a decent story with some good bits will keep the score up and a great ending does it consider good to great.

It is about enjoyment, interesting, stimulating and so, basicly what we find a enjoyable read/watch.

If they done as in the mange with this story so follow that story progression (i read the mange so i know), people would get hocked and like this show, insted the director thought no let just skip the flashback and start with it insted, it be much easier, it all it takes.
I been looking forward to this show and i know if they follow the story it be a good show, just so sad it will end being a underated show if they do not chance the story as right now the just change the order not the actual story.
Jul 13, 7:02 PM
Mar 2022
Reecey91 said:
Heartbreaking to see Dahlia lose her father like that. I do hope she can get away from Tobias the guy just seems a complete asshole.

Same, i already dislike tobias , rest in peace carlo rossetti
Jul 13, 7:10 PM

Nov 2012
I'm hoping she'll hit the road and travel. Tobias is too controlling.

I'm really curious about the letter with the probable royal seal on it that Carlo had when he was talking to Tobias' dad.
Jul 13, 7:19 PM

Jun 2023
Obligatory hate to Tobias.

Anyways bring back the bright red hair!!
Jul 13, 7:21 PM
Mar 2015
Tobias is being a manipulative sob to compensate for his own lacking. Hope the douche gets hit by lightening or something. No romance would make this anime better.
Jul 13, 8:19 PM
Mar 2021
Burtonc9031 said:
Why does every character in every scene have a cross shadow? Sometimes in opposite directions or just stuck to their body. I don’t remember that being the case in the last episode. Super distracting

Also, F Tobias

So so so distracting
Jul 13, 8:23 PM
Jul 2015
Honestly Tobias is making me want to drop the show. If I wanted to see some cringe manipulative wannabe treat his girl like shit I'd go outside instead of watching anime. Plus it felt like a really weird swerve from the way they were getting along up to that point; there was no buildup he just jumped right to being a cunt.
Jul 13, 10:11 PM
Aug 2011
GeneralSG1 said:
@AkeZZZ the next episode titel, have a question in it, i whould say, they will break up and its better..
dont wear this high shoes -> you should't be higher than a man
dont drink -> its not female enougth
dont have this bright hair color.. -> you should't stand out against man's..

its the same F think man everytime want, controll over the woman in all areas..

100% he's a jealous manipulative ass
Jul 13, 11:42 PM
Feb 2024
Seeing some future domestic violence vibes...

Still an interesting show.
Jul 14, 2:26 AM

Jul 2023
what actually happened in this episode. a guy suddenly shows up and now he controlling everything, lol.

Jul 14, 5:00 AM

Dec 2015
Tobias should mind his own business. What a scumbag.
Jul 14, 6:34 AM

Nov 2013
Hmm... We meet Tobias, the guy the synopsis spoiled is going to marry Dahliya but will dump her before that happens. If not for this info, I'd be very mad at him considering how he's starting to control her life (comments about her her hair, changing her glasses, clothes, high heels.. - not drinking too much in public was the only good one lol). I wonder if it's because in this world "women have no/few rights"? I have a strong feeling that's not the case here. Dahliya is too innocent to even object. As for Tobias, the guy's fragile ego is hurting baaad.
As expected of someone who's obsessed with inventions, Dahliya doesn't seem to care about love and romance. Fathers deciding to marry off their children is perfectly normal even today. Dahlyia is fine with this since she's basically marrying for "mutual benefits", meaning she shouldn't feel too hurt when Tobias dumps her right? (again, it's not like she loves him). Now, synopsis starts to sound even more cringe than it was before to me. Like "Dahlia finally realizes she needs to live for herself. She vows to be her own woman from now on and devote herself to her craft" - Isn't that what she's been doing already? Considering she won't be marrying Tobias, it's not like she'll spend years with him, forced to do things other than crafting, right? I'll wait to see how this gets explained in ep3. For now the only instance Dahliya had to do "different job" was when she volunteered to help Tobias take over his deceased dad's business.
Jul 14, 9:20 AM
Apr 2023
I'm guessing (/hoping) that Tobias is supposed to be a controlling, lame asshole and that Dahliya won't stay with him.

I was pretty disappointed as soon as they introduced more of Tobias though (and in only the second episode) and that we can't have more of a female lead doing things without having to have a guy next to her or some romantic subplot.

Guess it will hopefully pay off to be less disappointing in next episode, but also feel like a heroine doesn't need to have plots surrounding men.
Jul 14, 11:01 AM

Jul 2024
It's a shame the writers knocked off Dahlia's Daddy so quickly. He was a very cool character and it would have been nice to see him more rounded out. Those writers better come up with someone just as cool to take his place, and not just insert a cut-n-paste 2 dimensional cardboard cutout in his place.
Jul 14, 7:33 PM
Apr 2022
tobias is ruining the show, off him
Jul 14, 8:50 PM

Jan 2009
So i didn't post this in the ep 1 thread but as someone who read the manga and not novel, is this in the novel because so far none of this was shown in the manga.
Honestly considering the good stuff with this series is literally after what's likely to happen in the next episode, i'm guessing we're not going to get to the good stuff until ep 4.
Jul 14, 11:55 PM
Nov 2021
Man I really hate Tobias,this idiot is dumb and misogynistic
Jul 15, 9:30 AM
Oct 2019
SenshadouOtaku said:
I already dislike Tobias.

It'll get worse 💀
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21

37 by SilverTnyan »»
Oct 15, 1:37 AM

Poll: » Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 20

48 by EinTheVariance »»
Oct 13, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14

19 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
Oct 5, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7

23 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
Oct 5, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24

18 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
Oct 5, 9:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.