Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Who's Side Are You Leaning Towards
Jun 2, 5:18 AM
Nov 2018
I've seen many people take sides after this episode so I want to know who you think was more in the right in this episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 2, 5:39 AM
May 2023
I personally think that mahiru's choice was more logical.
Jun 2, 5:51 AM
Jul 2022
why does it have to be a choice? Both are right, since their line of thought makes sense. Mahiru wants to take the chance, while Kano is hurt that her mother is about to steal her life again. Both are wrong, at the same time. Mahiru does not know the whole story, and she is basically leaving her group up in the air. Kano does not know how to control herself, hence why she always exaggerates.
Jun 2, 5:54 AM
Dec 2022
mahirus was the most logical but again i can 100% see where kano is coming from 😭😭😭
Jun 2, 5:54 AM
Nov 2022
I personally believe Mahiru is in the right.

As was stated in the episode, she was offered the chance of a life time and if she does well could set her life as an artist in an extremely positive direction.

While Kano can have reasons to hate her mother, she should have been supporting her friend instead. While they did make a promise together to make a music video; a great friend would understand that Mahiru was given the chance of a life time and therefore should go for it.

Edit: Seems like people can’t understand that Kano never gave her side of the story to Mahiru and never said she should under no circumstances take the offer when Mahiru mentioned it to her previously. Can’t even really call it disloyalty at that point, especially because she mentioned it to all her bandmates before making a decision
Kaze1214Jun 2, 6:41 AM
Jun 2, 6:06 AM
Sep 2016
we all realize that her mother is only doing this to breakup JELEE right? i'm with kano on this
Jun 2, 6:15 AM

Sep 2022
Reply to Sogeking2_2
we all realize that her mother is only doing this to breakup JELEE right? i'm with kano on this
@FabianPeters Kano needs to be more understanding and flexible. Everyone contributes their part for the project for free. Why Jelee cannot finish their music video after Mahiru finished with her project?
Jun 2, 6:20 AM
May 2011
Reply to Sogeking2_2
@FabianPeters Yes, but we're operating as a third-person observer with additional context watching an anime. Even if/when we are right, it doesn't excuse Kano's reaction (even if I love how impulsive and emotional she can be). She shouldn't have torn into Yoru like that the same way she shouldn't have punched her groupmate.
Jun 2, 6:28 AM
Nov 2021
Reply to Fail_Man_X
@FabianPeters Yes, but we're operating as a third-person observer with additional context watching an anime. Even if/when we are right, it doesn't excuse Kano's reaction (even if I love how impulsive and emotional she can be). She shouldn't have torn into Yoru like that the same way she shouldn't have punched her groupmate.
@Fail_Man_X she 100% should have punched her groupmate and yellow at Mahiru like that, both of those 2 deserves it.

Mahiru is basically saying “Fuck you Kano and our promise”. She could easily see that the mom only did this to break up Jelee with how perfect the schedule lines up, but still decides that the mom is more important than Kano and their promise.

I hope the show dont try to make them close again, Mahoru dont deserve to be with Kano and deserves more to be with the bitch of a mom
Jun 2, 6:30 AM
Nov 2022
MathMols said:
@Fail_Man_X she 100% should have punched her groupmate and yellow at Mahiru like that, both of those 2 deserves it.

Mahiru is basically saying “Fuck you Kano and our promise”. She could easily see that the mom only did this to break up Jelee with how perfect the schedule lines up, but still decides that the mom is more important than Kano and their promise.

I hope the show dont try to make them close again, Mahoru dont deserve to be with Kano and deserves more to be with the bitch of a mom

This is certainly a take 😂
Jun 2, 6:32 AM

Apr 2013
Mahiru is disloyal no matter how you slice it but it is what it is.
Jun 2, 6:52 AM
Nov 2021
Reply to Kaze1214
MathMols said:

This is certainly a take 😂
@Kaze1214 Its just the correct take. Mahiru clearly only used Jelee for her own selfish reasons. Mahiru and the mom are trash and neither of them deserve to have Kano in their life
Jun 2, 6:53 AM
Nov 2023
Kano has every right to be upset after renewing Mahiru’s love of art only to have her break her promise to the group in pursuit of personal glory. Mahiru meanwhile isn’t aware of the mom using her to get at her daughter just yet, but after the flashback sequence at the end l she has obviously now realised what is most important to her, which is her friend group and obviously Kano. Expect a rapid apology and return to the band, although if Mahiru signed a contract there could be complications…
Jun 2, 6:55 AM
Nov 2022
MathMols said:
@Kaze1214 Its just the correct take. Mahiru clearly only used Jelee for her own selfish reasons. Mahiru and the mom are trash and neither of them deserve to have Kano in their life

Same could be said for then Kano. She formed the band simply so can achieve her own goals, which was getting 100K followers. She herself doesn’t even know why she is doing it in the first place. That part of your argument is flawed.

No disagreements on the mom though.
Jun 2, 6:58 AM
Nov 2021
Reply to Kaze1214
MathMols said:

Same could be said for then Kano. She formed the band simply so can achieve her own goals, which was getting 100K followers. She herself doesn’t even know why she is doing it in the first place. That part of your argument is flawed.

No disagreements on the mom though.
@Kaze1214 The other joined cause they wanted to do it. She has a goal, which is a goal together with the others. On the other hand Mahiru literally said the mom is more important to her than Kano, Jelee and their promise to each other…

I feel bad for Kano that she had to have these 2 bitches in her life to only use her and break her heart
Jun 2, 7:00 AM
May 2023
MathMols said:
@Kaze1214 The other joined cause they wanted to do it. She has a goal, which is a goal together with the others. On the other hand Mahiru literally said the mom is more important to her than Kano, Jelee and their promise to each other…

I feel bad for Kano that she had to have these 2 bitches in her life to only use her and break her heart

At no point did Marhiru say or even implied that “Kano’s mom is more important than their promise” 🤡
Jun 2, 7:04 AM
Nov 2022
MathMols said:

Yeah Mahiru never said that at any point. Stop trying to put in things that never happened. They all joined cause they wanted to do it.

From day 1, Mahiru has said she joined to improve her art and to love her heart again. Jelee allowed her that opportunity. Your argument is literally “Mahiru is a bitch” without actually giving a valid reason for that claim.
Jun 2, 7:05 AM

Sep 2008
There's no one in the wrong in this instance. As far as I can see, Kano hasn't shared the full details of her past thus Mahiru not being aware of how toxic it is being involved with Kano's mother and her old idol group. Considering how traumatic the events were for her, it's understandable Kano didn't want to relive them and just wanted to simply enjoy her time with JELEE, while Mahiru thinks of her current gig with Kano's mother as a big opportunity to showcase her abilities. Could make a case Kano should have shared things with her past to her friends earlier on to explain the problems involved with her mother to make Mahiru reconsider the opportunity, but not so easy to navigate cases involving mental trauma like this. Simply painting one of the two as being in the wrong when there are factors involved in the current situation that make things more complicated than assumed just stirs up needless conflict to divide up the fanbase for this series.
Jun 2, 7:07 AM
Nov 2021
Reply to SenshadouOtaku
MathMols said:

At no point did Marhiru say or even implied that “Kano’s mom is more important than their promise” 🤡
@SenshadouOtaku She quite literally did by accepting the offer and say she couldnt keep their promise anymore🤡
Jun 2, 7:09 AM
Nov 2021
Reply to Kaze1214
MathMols said:

Yeah Mahiru never said that at any point. Stop trying to put in things that never happened. They all joined cause they wanted to do it.

From day 1, Mahiru has said she joined to improve her art and to love her heart again. Jelee allowed her that opportunity. Your argument is literally “Mahiru is a bitch” without actually giving a valid reason for that claim.
@Kaze1214 She literally did imply that by accepting the offer and therefor saying she didnt want to keep the promise they made🤦🏼‍♂️ I have already given you valid reasons for why she is a bitch and the show itself did, but for some reason your brain cant understand it🤦🏼‍♂️
Jun 2, 7:12 AM
Nov 2021
Damn its sad that there are so many people in this discussion that are basically saying “You should backstab, break Promises and do what you know would hurt your friends the most, for your own selfish reasons”.

People who support Mahiru in this case are clearly people that should never be trusted in real life, since they wouldnt hesitate you backstab you or break your heart if they gained anything from it🤮
Jun 2, 7:12 AM
Nov 2022
MathMols said:
@Kaze1214 She literally did imply that by accepting the offer and therefor saying she didnt want to keep the promise they made🤦🏼‍♂️ I have already given you valid reasons for why she is a bitch and the show itself did, but for some reason your brain cant understand it🤦🏼‍♂️

You know the saying about assuming? You make an ass out of you and me. All your reasons are based on illogical assumptions you cannot reach at this point in the show, but sure you can keep saying what you want.
Jun 2, 7:13 AM
May 2023
MathMols said:

And he gave you valid arguments as to why Kano shouldn’t have said what she said but I guess YOUR brain can’t understand any of it.

We can explain it for you but we can’t understand it for you
Jun 2, 7:57 AM

Jun 2019
I just watched the episode a few minutes ago so it's ultra-fresh in my mind.

I don't think that either of them are in the wrong. Their perspectives, motivations, and their differing life circumstances up to that point which led to those different, clashing perspectives on this issue which happen to be in opposition to each other are honestly quite easily understandable. I feel like I can always understand the other perspective even if I don't necessarily personally agree with it, but sometimes it's definitely a lot more unreasonable and skewed in one direction (like maybe I'm 90% sympathetic to one side and only 10% toward the other), but not in this case. Both are perfectly understandable and it's pretty balanced.

In support of Kano, I really value and prize loyalty above virtually all other things and I have no doubt that if I were in her shoes, I also would take what I viewed as a betrayal extremely poorly and bitterly, and also have a meltdown. And it is something of a betrayal as it's not only about the importance of the relationships (that her relationship with Yoru/Mahiru is supposed to be more important than Yoru's relationship with Kano's mother, some random company, or any other random strangers she doesn't really know), but even if the relationships were all equal, she made a promise to Kano and the group, JELEE, first, and then is undermining and reneging on it for selfish personal gain. If you promise someone something and then go back on it because you later get asked to do something or receive a better offer from someone else, that can be very logically and understandably be interpreted as like a spit or slap in the face toward the first party and total disrespect, like they're being relegated to being treated as just something to amuse you and pass your time until a better offer comes along. It's expected if it's all just competing university invitations or job offers or something like that as those are institutions/businesses and not individual people you have a personal relationship with, and it's just transactional opportunism on both ends, but when you do it to an individual, you'd be braindead to expect it not to go over like a lead balloon.

In support of Yoru/Mahiru, Kano's mom's words to her were very inspirational and encouraging for an aspiring artist, and most of all for someone who has always questioned the value of their interests, passion, and what they do. She always had self-loathing tendencies and actually buried and suppressed the most beautiful inner part of herself, her inner light of her imagination and the ability to skillfully translate it to art out in the world, out of concern for social validation and fear of being ostracized and left behind for being weird or an outcast (kind of like Kiui ended up becoming) if she didn't keep her head down and conform. Now she has an opportunity to let that part of herself free and loose and actually be rewarded for it and even aided to better it and help it reach new heights (in terms of her personal ability if she receives more assistance for schooling and training, access to the best teachers, materials, computer graphics and video technology, etc.) as well as access to reach a greater audience - a national or maybe even global one, of which she never before dared even dreamed. Who could help wanting to give into "greed" of personal want and ambition in that scenario, or even doing so in the end? It's a part of her identity - something subconsciously viewed as even existential perhaps, and a large part of her whole motivation for living and joy derived from life. And at the end of the day, neither Kano nor anyone else that we know of has ever given up their lives - what they wanted to do with their lives - for Yoru, so why should Yoru do it or be expected to do it for anyone else, even including Kano?

One thing I was somewhat shocked by with this past episode in general though, and it ties into the conflict, is that we finally get Kano's backstory over why she punched that other idol girl and it wasn't what I would have expected. I didn't have an ultra-detailed specific theory in my mind as to why she did, but I thought in a general sense that it would have something to do with her mother being cruel to her and her lashing out and taking it out on one of the other idol girls, or that the idol girl who got punched would be super mean to her and bullying her for being the producer's daughter, trying to keep her down and exclude her. There was some of that, but the mother never really did anything specifically cruel toward her before that, other than the usual star and fame-obsessed stage mom stuff of having to control her name, appearance, etc. But I mean she was being treated well by the mom as long as she went along with that.

And the other idol girls made some snippy/dismissive comments toward her when they first found out that she was the producer's daughter, but after that, nothing - or at least it wasn't shown to us onscreen, so it seemed to be a pretty mild background issue, at least from what was shown. Rather, she punched her over a completely unrelated incident which had nothing to do with her or her mom's and the other girls' treatment toward her, but about some social media gossip account BS targeting other idol groups. And the mom only treated her coldly after that as a punishment and way to preserve her business and dream of reaching the top, by, I guess, throwing her under the bus (we still don't really know if she was outright fired from the group by the mother and given no choice, pressured into resigning, or willingly and enthusiastically voluntarily quit completely by her own volition).

So yeah, I had assumed all this time that it would be the other way around and the punch came just as like her pushback and rebellion to the mom and the other girls but none of them really ever did anything specific to her leading up to it to warrant something like violence in that moment. She was put under the usual pressure of high standards to perform, conformity with the group image, etc. that all idols and celebrities in general are, which understandably sucks and I wouldn't want as a life for a second either, but that applies to all of the girls really so again not really a reason for her to attack a specific girl.
WatchTillTandavaJun 2, 8:21 AM
Jun 2, 8:10 AM
Nov 2018
Myetx said:
@FabianPeters Kano needs to be more understanding and flexible. Everyone contributes their part for the project for free. Why Jelee cannot finish their music video after Mahiru finished with her project?

I don't think Kano is really mad about that. She's mad that Mahiru went back on her word and chose to draw for her mother instead of JELEE
Jun 2, 8:14 AM
Nov 2018
SenshadouOtaku said:
MathMols said:

Well, she did choose to break her promise to work for her mom so that kinda tells you what she finds more important
Jun 2, 8:15 AM
May 2017
Kaze1214 said:
MathMols said:

but man all ive saying Mahiru did the Kevin Durant move he teamed up with the ops which is disloyality or betrayal even tho it was the right move career wise but again it shows how indecisive which made her looked like she just used JELEE for own character development tho again Kano had her own goals too but all of them wants to that also if Kano is in Mahiru shoes and shes know the beef between them she will not do it because thats disloyality thats may 2 cents about it.
Jun 2, 8:15 AM
May 2017
nickthegreek7 said:
why does it have to be a choice? Both are right, since their line of thought makes sense. Mahiru wants to take the chance, while Kano is hurt that her mother is about to steal her life again. Both are wrong, at the same time. Mahiru does not know the whole story, and she is basically leaving her group up in the air. Kano does not know how to control herself, hence why she always exaggerates.

The wrong here is Mahiru did the KD move.
Jun 2, 8:27 AM
Nov 2018
WatchTillTandava said:

I don't think that either of them are in the wrong. Their perspectives, motivations, and their differing life circumstances up to that point which led to those different, clashing perspectives on this issue which happen to be in opposition to each other are honestly quite easily understandable. I feel like I can always understand the other perspective even if I don't necessarily personally agree with it, but sometimes it's definitely a lot more unreasonable and skewed in one direction (like maybe I'm 90% sympathetic to one side and only 10% toward the other), but not in this case. Both are perfectly understandable and it's pretty balanced.

In support of Kano, I really value and prize loyalty above virtually all other things and I have no doubt that if I were in her shoes, I also would take what I viewed as a betrayal extremely poorly and bitterly, and also have a meltdown. And it is something of a betrayal as it's not only about the importance of the relationships (that her relationship with Yoru/Mahiru is supposed to be more important than Yoru's relationship with Kano's mother, some random company, or any other random strangers she doesn't really know), but even if the relationships were all equal, she made a promise to Kano and the group, JELEE, first, and then is undermining and reneging on it for selfish personal gain. If you promise someone something and then go back on it because you later get asked to do something or receive a better offer from someone else, that can be very logically and understandably be interpreted as like a spit or slap in the face toward the first party and total disrespect, like they're being relegated to being treated as just something to amuse you and pass your time until a better offer comes along. It's expected if it's all just competing university invitations or job offers or something like that as those are institutions/businesses and not individual people you have a personal relationship with, and it's just transactional opportunism on both ends, but when you do it to an individual, you'd be braindead to expect it not to go over like a lead balloon.

In support of Yoru/Mahiru, Kano's mom's words to her were very inspirational and encouraging for an aspiring artist, and most of all for someone who has always questioned the value of their interests, passion, and what they do. She always had self-loathing tendencies and actually buried and suppressed the most beautiful inner part of herself, her inner light of her imagination and the ability to skillfully translate it to art out in the world, out of concern for social validation and fear of being ostracized and left behind for being weird or an outcast (kind of like Kiui ended up becoming) if she didn't keep her head down and conform. Now she has an opportunity to let that part of herself free and loose and actually be rewarded for it and even aided to better it and help it reach new heights (in terms of her personal ability if she receives more assistance for schooling and training, access to the best teachers, materials, computer graphics and video technology, etc.) as well as access to reach a greater audience - a national or maybe even global one, of which she never before dared even dreamed. Who could help wanting to give into "greed" of personal want and ambition in that scenario, or even doing so in the end? It's a part of her identity - something subconsciously viewed as even existential perhaps, and a large part of her whole motivation for living and joy derived from life. And at the end of the day, neither Kano nor anyone else that we know of has ever given up their lives - what they wanted to do with their lives - for Yoru, so why should Yoru do it or be expected to do it for anyone else, even including Kano?

One thing I was somewhat shocked by with this past episode in general though, and it ties into the conflict, is that we finally get Kano's backstory over why she punched that other idol girl and it wasn't what I would have expected. I didn't have an ultra-detailed specific theory in my mind as to why she did, but I thought in a general sense that it would have something to do with her mother being cruel to her and her lashing out and taking it out on one of the other idol girls, or that the idol girl who got punched would be super mean to her and bullying her for being the producer's daughter, trying to keep her down and exclude her. There was some of that, but the mother never really did anything specifically cruel toward her before that, other than the usual star and fame-obsessed stage mom stuff of having to control her name, appearance, etc. But I mean she was being treated well by the mom as long as she went along with that.

And the other idol girls made some snippy/dismissive comments toward her when they first found out that she was the producer's daughter, but after that, nothing - or at least it wasn't shown to us onscreen, so it seemed to be a pretty mild background issue, at least from what was shown. Rather, she punched her over a completely unrelated incident which had nothing to do with her or her mom's and the other girls' treatment toward her, but about some social media gossip account BS targeting other idol groups. And the mom only treated her coldly after that as a punishment and way to preserve her business and dream of reaching the top, by, I guess, throwing her under the bus (we still don't really know if she was outright fired from the group by the mother and given no choice, pressured into resigning, or willingly and enthusiastically voluntarily quit completely by her own volition).

So yeah, I had assumed all this time that it would be the other way around and the punch came just as like her pushback and rebellion to the mom and the other girls but none of them really ever did anything specific to her leading up to it to warrant something like violence in that moment. She was put under the usual pressure of high standards to perform, conformity with the group image, etc. that all idols and celebrities in general are, which understandably sucks and I wouldn't want as a life for a second either, but that applies to all of the girls really so again not really a reason for her to attack a specific girl.

Respect this response and I honestly can't argue against it since you brought up good points from both sides. I'm personally more on Kano's side, but I definitely can see why people aren't for reasons you mentioned. I also agree that I expected something different with Kano's past, and while I wouldn't have punched the girl, I definitely would've told my mother unless she's in on it as well.
Jun 2, 8:29 AM
Nov 2018
dxtremecaliber said:
nickthegreek7 said:

Calling Mahiru Kevin Durant is next level disrespect 🤣
Jun 2, 8:34 AM
Nov 2022
WatchTillTandava said:

Great arguement for both sides really well said
Jun 2, 8:41 AM
Nov 2022
dxtremecaliber said:
Kaze1214 said:

but man all ive saying Mahiru did the Kevin Durant move he teamed up with the ops which is disloyality or betrayal even tho it was the right move career wise but again it shows how indecisive which made her looked like she just used JELEE for own character development tho again Kano had her own goals too but all of them wants to that also if Kano is in Mahiru shoes and shes know the beef between them she will not do it because thats disloyality thats may 2 cents about it.

Well at least you actually make sense in your response compared to the other guy. You are not wrong; but not completely correct in my opinion either.

I think it really comes down to an individuals own thoughts on betrayal and disloyalty to friends. I personally believe that while what Mahiru did could be portrayed as betrayal, I personally believe she was completely open and honest about her thoughts regarding the situation. In my opinion, she conveyed clearly to her friends what she thought about the whole situation.

Kano’s response was also completely over the top, which was why I am more on Mahiru’s side than Kano. Without context, Mahiru didn’t really deserve what was said to her, because again she was quite clear about her thoughts, while Kano wasn’t hardly at all.
Jun 2, 8:43 AM

Sep 2009
I understand both sides position. But I choose Mashiru because she at least explained her position unlike Kano who only put on a scandal and suffered because of this despite having multiple chances to explain to Mahiru what hwappened with her mother and former group and why JELEE and her are so important.
Jun 2, 9:24 AM
Jul 2022
dxtremecaliber said:
nickthegreek7 said:

Haha, i see what you did there. Mahiru does not know, so we should not be too harsh. KD knew he was going to a direct rival, mahiru does not
Jun 2, 9:31 AM
Jul 2021
nickthegreek7 said:

Finally the only person who really understands what's going on in this episode.

i salute you
Jun 2, 9:31 AM
Jul 2021
I think mahiru is objectively right with the only claim towards Kano being that she promised the music video. But even that isn’t that strong of a reason because everyone else is fine with it.
Jun 2, 9:38 AM
Jul 2022
MarlsMarsBars said:
nickthegreek7 said:

i salute you

Appreciate it. A lot of things happened in order to reach this point in the story. Now, whether there will be redemption, or depression, we will have to wait and see
Jun 2, 9:40 AM
Jul 2021
nickthegreek7 said:
MarlsMarsBars said:

i salute you

Appreciate it. A lot of things happened in order to reach this point in the story. Now, whether there will be redemption, or depression, we will have to wait and see

People are also forgetting that characters can be flawed, hence why we have this drama in the first place. It's a great way to inject some tension to all of the narratives. Adds a ton of emotional depth to the story, but everyone is so fixated on taking sides without realizing what's really going on.
Jun 2, 9:50 AM

Apr 2021
i think mahiru is right, although i think she should have talked with kano way earlier, and have a more proper/direct conversation about the topic.
Jun 2, 9:52 AM

Aug 2022
Yoru absolutely for me, I find her the most compelling character in this show.

I mean as much as I feel sorry for Kano last episode really felt like her fault. But I can understand why she acted like that
Jun 2, 10:00 AM
Jul 2021
Sogeking2_2 said:

Meaning it will be way better once Mahiru finishes her project with Kano's mother and returns to JELEE with the acquired experience 👀

I 100% get Kano's perspective on this, but Mahiru never said she'd want to leave JELEE and Kano went a bit too far with her somewhat fearful attachment to her. Hope they turn this around
Jun 2, 10:34 AM
May 2021
i mean probably kano will be right bcs of the evil mom
Jun 2, 10:37 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to WatchTillTandava

@WatchTillTandava I think you have summarized the chapter very well, that's why I said in another comment that this drama was a bit artificial because deep down there is nothing terrible. Therefore all this will be solved easily in the next chapters. Having said that, I'm going to have to watch the episode again because then, because Kana hit Maru, it wasn't because she spread the rumors, I don't remember well.
Jun 2, 2:51 PM

Nov 2013
Definitely Mahiru. She did everything to avoid drama but Kano threw temper tantrum and hurt Mahiru deeply, instead of giving her side of the story so Mahiru understands. Kano's tantrum makes sense however and I feel sorry for her, but her words did serious damage and Mahiru doesn't know what happened between Kano and her mother, so I can't side with Kano or say 50/50.
Jun 2, 3:18 PM

Sep 2022
Reply to Royalty459
Myetx said:

I don't think Kano is really mad about that. She's mad that Mahiru went back on her word and chose to draw for her mother instead of JELEE
@Royalty459 The end of year timing for video was arbitrarily selected by Kano, you might even say forced upon others who wanted to rest.
Missing the target by Mahiru is not cool but given circumstances should be understandable. She doesn't say she won't draw for JELEE at all, she just cannot draw right now.
Jun 2, 4:22 PM

May 2015
Mahiru's reasoning isn't wrong, it's a lifetime opportunity and a good way to improve her art. Kano's emotions are understandable, but she doesn't own Mahiru's future as an artist just because she helped her revive the love for it in the past.

What I think Mahiru did wrong is accept the offer without taking more time to think about it. She seemed interested to hear the full story about the mother before, and it's disappointing she forgot about that deciding everything on her own. As for the promise, I understood that she still wants to work on both projects, it's just her time will get more taken up by the professional one.
Jun 2, 5:04 PM

Sep 2022
Reply to MathMols
Damn its sad that there are so many people in this discussion that are basically saying “You should backstab, break Promises and do what you know would hurt your friends the most, for your own selfish reasons”.

People who support Mahiru in this case are clearly people that should never be trusted in real life, since they wouldnt hesitate you backstab you or break your heart if they gained anything from it🤮
@MathMols JELEE is a pet project for everyone except Kano. Every adult knows that when real work comes, you don't have time for your pet projects. Kano couldn't even specify what the end goal is.
Regarding promise. The end of year deadline was arbitrarily selected by Kano on a whim while others wanted to take a break. The promise to work on JELEE is still there, Mahiru just needs a bit of time.
Jun 2, 10:09 PM

May 2016
Will it's not that hard to figure out how this will end, mahiro will figure out that kano mother is evil and will regret leaving kano and then she will apologise for kano , then they will reunite again and continue kano dream, the end. And fuck mahiro big chance for sake of stay with kano.
LoliSenpai0xJun 2, 10:12 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 4:52 AM

Jul 2014
Ya’ll need to chill.
Anyways I just finished the ep and bro.. I did not need this extra drama and right after I just finished watching Hibike’s latest ep too in which it had its own tense atmosphere and drama, thank God KonoSuba is also airing this season, I dont think I can handle all this drama.

While both have a point.. Im siding more with Mahiru, at least she didnt hide it from the group and went straight to the point. While Kano was hiding the very reason why her mom cannot be trusted, if Mahiru ends up getting screwed over by her mom we have no one to blame but Kano for keeping it from her instead of telling her why her mom is sketchy af. For some reason some of you are saying Mahiru is in the wrong for breaking her promise but situations change, this right here is literally a chance of a lifetime, once you need to prioritize yourself you will end up hurting people along the process, the catch is the ones you hurt but still stay beside you are the ones you can truly call a “friend”. I hope you all understand that while it is admirable to keep your promise to your friends and put others before yourself, it is also not wrong to choose to prioritize yourself esp when you lack self esteem like Mahiru had. Which Im almost sure she took a hell of a stab to the heart with what Kano just told her. Im almost sure she wont be able to draw nor find the motivation and inspiration to draw now. I kind of feel bad too, because almost all of them were just pulled in by Kano’s selfishness and now when one of them wants to do something for themselves she goes “you wouldnt be where you are without me” like girl? That goes the same to you. Im getting a little too heated up rn so Ima watch me some KonoSuba. Catch yall next ep.
-StrayJun 3, 8:59 AM
Jun 3, 6:24 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I can see both sides here, but I'm with Kano 100%

Her mom, the company and the members of that group are not good people and are shady as hell, and if there's anything Dune has taught me, its that overly charismatic persons like her mom are very dangerous.

That and you have to stand ten toes down on something man....On integrity alone I wouldn't fuck with them, especially given what they did to the person she owes everything to
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11

131 by Assassin2112 »»
Sep 27, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

135 by BabyBlouie »»
Sep 9, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22

192 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 8, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15

112 by Ashhk »»
Aug 24, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8

134 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 11:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.