Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2018 1:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Geez, can't some of the folks get a break from all the chaos in their town?

Idk, this episode felt somewhat tense but also contained a lot of the same repetitive storytelling as usual. We got Seth and the crew dealing with the Nemesis threat but also trying to prevent an execution. Doing the "right" thing I guess.

Dec 29, 2018 6:55 AM

Jul 2015
This episode was so filled with SJW propaganda, it made decent comedy.

Dec 29, 2018 9:30 AM
Sep 2015
I was amazed by the author's ability to erase all his French influence and disguised Radiant as typical shounen genre, until this arc that deal with immigrant issue.
Dec 29, 2018 9:35 AM
Sep 2017
phantomfandom said:
I was amazed by the author's ability to erase all his French influence and disguised Radiant as typical shounen genre, until this arc that deal with immigrant issue.
It's funny, because all things before this arc aren't in the original manga, it's 100% japanised fillers
Dec 29, 2018 10:04 AM

Oct 2012
Piromysl said:

Yeah, but it's a real world issue (how immigrants/the other are treated) and art is often a tool used to shine a light on such matters.
Dec 29, 2018 2:04 PM

Mar 2016
#notenoughDragunov
Dec 29, 2018 2:54 PM
Nov 2016
Really felt the whole immigration debate getting it on in this episode and how powerful the matter of misleading news can influence others into a dark path. Enjoying Radiant more because of this immigrant arc.
Dec 29, 2018 2:58 PM
Jun 2016
I dont mind the social aspects. There have been many cases of xenophobic societies, countries, etc. throughout history that treated outsiders poorly or downright hostile so its a pretty normal trope. Now on to more important matters, am I the only one who really wants to yank on Konrads ridiculously long mustache?!?
Dec 29, 2018 3:21 PM
Jan 2018
O Anime é Francês. será que esse Episódio tem alguma referência com os acontecimentos da Atualidade na Europa?
Dec 29, 2018 3:59 PM

Oct 2015
Poor Doc for getting abducted, I guess it's karma for trying to abandon the town in its need. Konrad is sure stirring up the Town's people to hate immigrants, this sounded like our modern reality we live in.

Good episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 29, 2018 11:56 PM

Nov 2017
phantomfandom said:

Just only with the name and their haircut...i already know this anime using french and middle aged europe reference.

- Does Grimm only moves at night?
- Why does inquisitor do nothing about the Nemesis?
Now Loading.....
Dec 30, 2018 4:35 AM

Sep 2011
Okay, this was insufferable. That Konrad is deranged with his unreasonable hate, I wonder who hurt him. And those people too, all too willing to burn a child alive, and to promote a witch-hunt because they are "scared", more like blinded by hate, and stirred by false words without stopping to think about it. At least it's going to be satisfying to watch this Konrad going down.
Dec 30, 2018 10:02 AM

Nov 2015
Nothing wrong with a story getting political, but when you depict people against immigration as wanting to burn foreigners alive that's fucking painful to watch.
Dec 30, 2018 1:40 PM

Feb 2015
This arc has left me pretty cold. I prefer politics left out of my anime but I know others like a bit of real world problems.

The pacing is very slow given how many episodes remain
Dec 30, 2018 2:12 PM
Sep 2017
Crashmatt said:
This arc has left me pretty cold. I prefer politics left out of my anime but I know others like a bit of real world problems.

The pacing is very slow given how many episodes remain
On the contrary, we're episode 13 and the volume 2 just finished to be adapted. It remains 2 volumes (16 chapters) to adapt on only 8 episodes + the conclusion to do. For me, this arc will be rushed, if only they don't made those shitty filliers ...
Dec 30, 2018 7:18 PM

Mar 2016
Sometimes, the antagonists can say somethings that are so compelling that I find myself wanting to root for them, until one of the protagonists says something equally or more compelling. I love it when that happens. It shows that the writer has made sure both sides believe they are the heroes to the point that even the audience believes it. This anime doesn't do that. I laughed so hard when the citizens decided to kill all the immigrants without much need for brainwashing.

When the people were about to burn the kid, it wasn't hard to guess that they were planning to repeat the scene where Alma saved Seth. The idea wasn't bad, but they could have been more sneaky instead of repeating the scene almost identically.

The creatures are too cute to be called nemesis. It makes me want to name a cat Nemesis.

In the scene where Seth carried Melie and ran, only his mouth and legs were moving. They completely ignored inertia. Lerche makes fairly decent animations, so I wonder why they became lazy in this anime.
Dec 31, 2018 5:58 AM

Dec 2009
FuMomo-kun said:
Sometimes, the antagonists can say somethings that are so compelling that I find myself wanting to root for them, until one of the protagonists says something equally or more compelling. I love it when that happens. It shows that the writer has made sure both sides believe they are the heroes to the point that even the audience believes it. This anime doesn't do that.

Just wait for flutist girl to make an "official" appearance :p
Dec 31, 2018 5:49 PM
Jan 2016
AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Fucking called it!

Captain Konrad confirmed for based and redpilled.
Dec 31, 2018 5:50 PM
Jan 2016
Piromysl said:
Should have expected as much from the French tbh.
Dec 31, 2018 6:32 PM
Oct 2014
Kababi said:
Piromysl said:

Author is of Portuguese descent.
Dec 31, 2018 7:03 PM
Jan 2016
Adome said:
Kababi said:

So? What do his genes have to do with his politics? He was born in France.
Jan 1, 2019 1:27 PM
Sep 2017
Kababi said:
Adome said:

Born in a poor suburbs btw, where he saw a lot of racism, i advice you to be a little more informed about author's life and the actual French political situation. Tony even quoted some French politics people for the Konrad's speech (cc Manuel Vals), and i doubt you ever gone once in the 93 or in the Nord Pas de Calais, you should think about go there, at least to see how Tony is right about his "SJW propaganda" :p
Jan 1, 2019 1:53 PM

Aug 2015
JugoKun said:
Kababi said:
Born in a poor suburbs btw, where he saw a lot of racism, i advice you to be a little more informed about author's life and the actual French political situation. Tony even quoted some French politics people for the Konrad's speech (cc Manuel Vals), and i doubt you ever gone once in the 93 or in the Nord Pas de Calais, you should think about go there, at least to see how Tony is right about his "SJW propaganda" :p

Whether he is right or not is not the problem. In Radiant, the conflict is too basic for the moment. We have poor, friendly immigrants against the wicked natives. There is no slight difference. :/
Jan 1, 2019 2:22 PM
Sep 2017
TuyNOM said:
JugoKun said:

Whether he is right or not is not the problem. In Radiant, the conflict is too basic for the moment. We have poor, friendly immigrants against the wicked natives. There is no slight difference. :/
So if you find the conflict too basic, i advice you to wait till the Hameline appearance and all the stuff that will follows (if Lerche do it great) or to go read the manga since all the stuff that the anime must adapt is already translated on mangadex, so on only few minutes you'll see the full anime and you won't have to wait till February, and the next of the series is likely to surprise you ...
Jan 1, 2019 3:18 PM
Nov 2015
TuyNOM said:
JugoKun said:

You're right in the anime I found no real explanation than just simple racism, which is too bad. I think that the fact that japanese do not have that type of problem in there country make them simplify it a bit much for children. But at least this arc is better than the beginning of the series which is good.
Rip to old doc btw...
Jan 1, 2019 7:19 PM

Oct 2008
Damn! I wanna like Dragunov do something badass! cuz he's a sharp character!
our MC is quite incompetent but at least improving slowly.
4/5.

Jan 4, 2019 9:48 PM
Jul 2013
tfw you root for Captain Konrad
Jan 5, 2019 8:50 PM

Jan 2011
Just say immigrant and look at the retards froth at the mouth.
Jan 12, 2019 12:26 PM

Dec 2014
Damn Konrd is a bastard... well this was sudden...hmmm
Jan 20, 2019 9:01 AM
Jan 2016
Witch hunts+immigrant issue+generically bad Hitler rip off ?
Author is on some serious acid. I hope he knows that not only other race immigrants were killed in history. Like Greeks killed Latins during 3rd crusade over rumour of they becoming the next rulers and having more influence....
Konrad isnt even that much of villain. You can't just insert Hitler in a story and let a "hero" deal with him and call it a story.
Feb 9, 2019 2:31 AM

Aug 2017
Ay lmao, the show went full libtard. Generic villain decided to kill all the immigrants for some reason and generic people listen to him. On the other side, immigrants are so victimized since they showed up to the point that one of them is nearly burned. If the show tried to show the immigrant issue in a fair manner, it failed completely.

I can't take this seriously.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 9, 2019 7:53 PM

Jun 2014
Konrad truly is evil. Seth & Melie have to stop him.

Jun 15, 2019 5:58 PM
Jul 2018
Don't know why some people were complaining about this episode, afterall discrimination has been a prevalent theme throughout the series. Sorcerer are discriminated, and Seth was also hunted down for being one and discriminated by kids of his age for having horns.
Is the way they tacle this type of issues too heavy handed? Perhaps, but is not like anything was subtle beforehand.
Aug 4, 2019 8:58 AM

Sep 2012
SeidouTZ said:
Don't know why some people were complaining about this episode, afterall discrimination has been a prevalent theme throughout the series. Sorcerer are discriminated, and Seth was also hunted down for being one and discriminated by kids of his age for having horns.
Is the way they tacle this type of issues too heavy handed? Perhaps, but is not like anything was subtle beforehand.

@Nurguburu

i guess ppl see political agenda here but fail to think why jap would care about western politics, by western i mean awrything west from them

if it deals with immigrants or immigration it has to be political agenda/propaganda ๐Ÿ˜‚

ppl this days are 2sensitive, awrything is propaganda ๐Ÿ˜‚

we had immigration topics in series way before immigration became issue and issue used in politics

its the viewer with politics goggles on who prong politics in to it and not the author

Sugram22Aug 4, 2019 10:01 AM
Aug 4, 2019 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
Sugram22 said:
SeidouTZ said:

@Nurguburu

i guess ppl see political agenda here but fail to think why jap would care about western politics, by western i mean awrything west from them

if it deaks with immigrants or immigration it has to be political agenda/propaganda ๐Ÿ˜‚

ppl this days are 2sensitive, awrything is propaganda ๐Ÿ˜‚

we had immigration topics in series way before immigration became issue and issue used in politics

its the viewer with plitics goggles on who prong politics in to it and not the author

I am sure that the author took inspiration from a few incidents and political conflicts in the west, but this sort of story is not exclusive to the west either. After all japan was an isolated country (a lot due to its geographic but also politics) up until the Meiji Restoration so they had an hard time accepting other cultures, if anything this episode just tried to represent that aka how backwords a civilization can be if they refuse to interact with others.
So it baffles me why every time we have a story about immigrants or discrimination people just presume is some liberal propaganda.
Sep 3, 2020 2:40 AM

Jul 2015
Things really got a lot more interesting now that the plot moves with all these different groups: Seth's team, Inquisition (Dragunov and Thaumaturges), the Pied Piper girl (Domitor) with her Nemesis, Grimm, Konrad with riled up people and the immigrants.

I like the real world issue they brought into this with people just following Konrad because they fear what they don't understand (immigrants) though I hope they will explain soon why Konrad carries this hate.

Aug 25, 2021 12:20 PM
Nov 2010
A one-dimensional villain who our goody MCs will stand up against to protect the poor child+immigrant+sorcerer that the viewers are supposed to feel sorry for - I almost wish for the whatever quartet to come back and use their underpants to attack the MCs again, at least the show wasn't trying to have me take it seriously while being so bad then.

And the inquisition fights sorcerers with cannons? I was wondering how they do it at all considering sorcerers have superpowers and the inquisition are normal humans. Hopefully that's not all there is what they are able to do (together with the seastone cages).
Apr 5, 10:51 AM
Feb 2022
This got dark pretty fast.

More topics from this board

» Will the Manga ever be added to MyAnimeList

PumpkinSpicePie - Oct 13, 2018

35 by Aggnog »»
Oct 5, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2019

24 by ZiedBnHfsia »»
Sep 2, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2019

19 by ZiedBnHfsia »»
Sep 2, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

33 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 7, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2018

29 by dark_spirit010 »»
Mar 12, 5:03 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.