Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 7:51 AM

Dec 2021
So, Starlia's actually gone for good eh?

Ragna suffered a crushing defeat in front of Kamui, but he narrowly escapes death thanks to a teleportation spell. Amidst despair, Ragna, who should have been decapitated by Kamui, shares words with Starlia in the spiritual realm. Sensing her desires, he becomes convinced of her survival. Meanwhile, as the Argentum Corps, engulfed in a solemn atmosphere, mourn the loss of Starlia, a holy woman named The Saint of Time Carla, bearing the same appearance as Ultimatia, appears before them and declares that she stands on their side as a fellow comrade who serves to slay dragons.

After all the build-up, that fake-out happy ending, and the crazy Kamui fight, now we've got this guy impaling the earth with an upside-down sword? Seriously, what's up with that Pasak Bumi and Senggama dengan Bumi stuff? I can't stop laughing, my sides hurt—though probably not the Earth's. And don't even get me started on Ultimatia, or should I say 'Carla'—she's just as annoying in this version. Turns out she was a pain even before becoming a dragon, huh?

But hey, at least Ragna and Crimson are finally back together after so long.

Feb 17, 8:37 AM
Sep 2015
The situation seems to be more complicated than I thought. Now I give up keep tracking who is who or how many orgainization/faction/nation there are and just enjoy the show.

Ragna may seems hotblood and sometimes, or even most of the time, brainless, but he's the only one that produce good result in real battle, thanks to his experience of previous life (or another multiverse, who cares!), but Ragna using poop as an excuse to see Crimson reminds me that as of current world, he's still just a 16 years old boy.

Since the manga doesn't end yet, it makes sense that the world-building keep expanding, but at least I hope this anime find a good point to stop. Only 6 episodes left...
Feb 17, 8:55 AM
Jul 2023
The plot thickened.

Certainly one of the most punchable face this season.
Feb 17, 9:01 AM

Jul 2012
Reply to phantomfandom
The situation seems to be more complicated than I thought. Now I give up keep tracking who is who or how many orgainization/faction/nation there are and just enjoy the show.

Ragna may seems hotblood and sometimes, or even most of the time, brainless, but he's the only one that produce good result in real battle, thanks to his experience of previous life (or another multiverse, who cares!), but Ragna using poop as an excuse to see Crimson reminds me that as of current world, he's still just a 16 years old boy.

Since the manga doesn't end yet, it makes sense that the world-building keep expanding, but at least I hope this anime find a good point to stop. Only 6 episodes left...
@phantomfandom The manga just entered a second major saga that seems to be nowhere near an end in sight.
This anime will cover the entire first major saga to the very end, I'm pretty sure. If you are hoping for more worldbuilding it will start popping up a whole lot more from this point onwards.
Feb 17, 9:06 AM

Mar 2007
So they DID teleport. All of them except Princess Starlia. Don't tell me she fused with the comet to create the sword that is inside Future Ragna???? And that's why present Ragna can feel her? He even uh ... got upside down and showed her the tip of his sword, that dirty guy! This show is still brutal, plus all the other Ultimatia time controlling ladies! IMO he should only join them if they teach him the secret of controlling time, like Ultimatia.
Feb 17, 9:11 AM
Jan 2009
I'm so confused. Is the Silverware Princess alive or dead? Last episode I was convinced it was just a vision of her still being alive. But then we find out the teleport happened. Just kidding, that's a vision. Just kidding again, they did teleport, just without her. Except Ragna thinks she's alive. The dead encouraging the living is definitely an anime trope, but the dead can't make the ultimate sword for Ragna out of a comet, so what the hell was that about? Whadda hell?

Just ranting. If you've read ahead, don't tell me. I think we're supposed to be confused right now.
Feb 17, 9:22 AM

Jul 2008
Wow, the same face, similar time magic, AND a ton of them... now that's creepy.

Feb 17, 9:42 AM

Oct 2017
Starlia....Lia....

Holy shit an entire army of Ultimatia. Why tf does this girl look like her and why is there so many copies of her.

Felt bad watching everyone despair due to Starlia's death. Maybe she can comeback somehow? Please? Crimson's back.
Feb 17, 9:53 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well even if its true they manage to escape Kamui wrath, without Lia, thanks to the freakin snail teleportation process, they currently under the Solarian church supervises territory. Ofc they need some bargain, not helping all Lesse refugees for free. Jump from the frying pan into the fire, eh?

I like how Ragna responded to all of those familiar face, just punched it right at da face. Idk how exactly those all priestess have all the similarities with Tia. But Ragna indeed have a guts to postpone the bargaining process and decided to run from it saying he wanna poop xd.

Now, now Crimson back in action again, ofc while hiding. Chimera finally having a screentime again, and soon Golem will arrive as well. Short episode, id say, so let just go for the next then...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 17, 10:39 AM

Sep 2017
Okaaay she really is dead. And fuck me idk how I missed this last ep but one of the twins died as well? I went back to look and yup... Well honestly I really hate the trope of the twins who are basically the same character. If this turns into a huge character growth moment for the other I will be very impressed. Anyway creepy church is a creepy church. So far I'm liking how they are handling the aftermath.
Feb 17, 11:38 AM

Jul 2015
Looks like those Solarians are identical to Ultimatia not only due to their appearance, but also share the same personality. Their words sound sweet like honey, but spew only poison.

Feb 17, 11:42 AM
Jun 2022
I hope starlia comes back she's best girl fr, I really wanted her and ragna to get together they're really meant for each other fr
Feb 17, 12:59 PM

Feb 2019
Another episode of peak 🙏🏾

Yea no way Starlia gone for good. Now that we know about the church and the time manipulation aspect, they are surely gonna pull an asspull and bring her back and there will be no complaints from me.

Starlia and Ragna ship must sail or we riot, plus she’s got to forge him that new sword worthy of him. He’ll need it to take on Kamui and Ultimatia. Hilarious that even in a post death spiritual state, she’s still fantasising and gushing about Ragna when they talk 😂

Back at the refugee camp, the surviving corps members look as rattled as you’d expect having lost most of their members and seen their powerful leader decapitated in front of them. Ike really is indispensable for keeping everyone together, if only barely. The surviving humans bitching and hurling abuse at the corps after they saved their lives is hard to watch though. Ungrateful mfs should’ve been left to the dragons.

My jaw dropped when the solarian church hive/clones whatever the hell you wanna call em got revealed. Don’t blame Ragna at all for instantly killing one and honestly after how they started talking at the end there, it was well deserved. I can’t tell who’s more evil between them and ultimatia. Even ultimatia valued people and was just following direct orders from God. Carla only cares about people if they offer her something of value.

I’m surprised Ragna didn’t attach a stipulation of helping Carla if she brought back Starlia or something, but I guess in the moment protecting the refugees took precedent. Hopefully they bring her back though 😩

Idk I’m starting to think the church and dragons might suck equally and the real best path is a middle ground. Lets see what crimson got cooked up next ep
Marinate1016Feb 17, 2:17 PM
Feb 17, 1:33 PM
Jul 2023
puyuu puruuuuu puyuuü

Feb 17, 5:11 PM
Nov 2016
This episode skipped a dialogue from the manga which in my opinion is interesting and important, when Issac (the guy with the glasses) asked Ragna if he was hungry, Ragna responded with:

"I'm a sword, so I don't really have to eat much. Sorta..."

Why is this dialogue important? because now we know that Ragna can live longer without food than the rest of the humans, in other words, Ragna is built differently and the things that would kill a normal human won't kill Ragna, and this will be important for the next episode.
Feb 17, 5:33 PM

Oct 2022
Finally we are back with Crimson, now they can plan an actual counter.
Feb 17, 6:47 PM
Apr 2023
They really were lucky that the teleportation spell was already starting up and they all managed to bug out just before Woltekamui managed to land the finishing blows on everything. Sadly they now have to face the aftermath and have to compromise with lunatics from the "Sun" Church.
Feb 17, 7:05 PM

Nov 2022
Crimson looked like some underground gang leader at the end lmao
Feb 17, 9:10 PM
Jun 2007
Marinate1016 said:
Another episode of peak 🙏🏾

Yea no way Starlia gone for good. Now that we know about the church and the time manipulation aspect, they are surely gonna pull an asspull and bring her back and there will be no complaints from me.

Starlia and Ragna ship must sail or we riot, plus she’s got to forge him that new sword worthy of him. He’ll need it to take on Kamui and Ultimatia. Hilarious that even in a post death spiritual state, she’s still fantasising and gushing about Ragna when they talk 😂

When I was going through the manga at this point, I too didn't care if they pulled something out of their ass and brought back the Silverware Princess. She's just too compelling of a character and it's easy to see how many people were captivated by her presence and charisma. Hell, even Ragna softens up with her around.

Despite the cliche of "this is all a dream/liminal space" sort of thing, Lia didn't make things super sappy and offered as much advice and counsel to Ragna as she could. She truly was a leader among heroic figures, thinking of her dear subordinates and the future.

It's rare in media do you get this blend of badassery, coolness, clarity of thought, sheer fucking drive, cuteness, professionalism, and driven purposefulness. And without making them a Mary Sue, to boot!

In any case, good episode. Would have liked if they made the Carlas creepier initially, but not a big deal.
Feb 17, 10:38 PM
May 2020
damn, so the silverware princess really died, played with my heart twice
Feb 18, 3:17 AM

Sep 2016
Such an underrated show. Lia getting decapitated in the previous episode was extremely unexpected and hit me hard. Seeing her in this ep and hearing that Ragna could sense her was somewhat comforting, and it definitely feels like she will be back in some capacity.
I like the idea of her having forged Ragna's sword in a different timeline or that she will make him a new comet sword in the future. Either way, fantastic episode.
Feb 18, 4:29 AM

Jun 2016
Reply to Komlan_6
damn, so the silverware princess really died, played with my heart twice
@Komlan_6 not reallly dead ..
starlia bodies teleported without head.
that fake ultimatia can reverse time and revive starlia if her body complete just what she said ..

Feb 18, 4:55 AM
Dec 2021
The next episode will answer questions about the princess
Feb 18, 7:30 AM
Feb 2011
Ueda Reina's unnaturally soft voice fits perfectly for Uitimatia. So annoying. I ended up disliking every character she voiced but Ultimatia is on another level.
Feb 18, 12:46 PM

Jun 2014
Good episode, really edgy exactly like how it's supposed to be. Way too long until next week tho
Feb 18, 6:32 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Ah crimson is back and we only have 6 more episodes to go. Will see where it takes us.
Feb 19, 3:02 AM
Aug 2021
skyUFO said:
Wow, the same face, similar time magic, AND a ton of them... now that's creepy.

Ikr? I Was Creeped The Fuck Out In That Whole Segment
Feb 19, 9:03 PM

Mar 2008
Unless I misunderstood it kind of sounds like Starlia might wind up becoming a sword later. I dunno.

I wonder why all these different girls all the same. I wonder if they are just copies or if these were previously other people changed while being in the Solarian Church. I get the impression the Ultimatia maybe was one of these Carla girls previously I guess.

Yasuchika said:
Ueda Reina's unnaturally soft voice fits perfectly for Uitimatia. So annoying. I ended up disliking every character she voiced but Ultimatia is on another level.

I find it soothing.
Feb 20, 2:59 PM
Feb 2022
İncredible Storyline
Feb 20, 8:16 PM

May 2019
So Starlia really is gone huh, RIP. Ngl, the last thing I expected was Ultimatia clones and having a bunch of them following and ready to replace each other was creepy to say the least.

While things are looking bleak right now at least Crimson is back.
Feb 22, 3:17 PM
Jun 2019
Puhhh.. this arc took wayyy to long to finish. They dragged out an arc that could have been finished in 4 episodes if you cut out the trivial monologs and partially even
some dialogs. I really liked this episode and it seems like things are getting rolling now. The plot finally starts to bloom. There is purpose as to why you should hate dragonkind since Kamui killed Lia. I wish we could have seen more of the battle between Ragna and Kamui but of course they cut it short.. I don't even remember what happened before episode 10 at this rate.. Man I hope the next episodes are getting more swiftly but not rushed since there are only 24 episodes and we are at episode 18!! Again, it annoys how much valuable plot has been lost because of trivial nonstop talking.. 7/10 and 8/10 for the good quality, emotions, cinematic flair, decent storyline and especially the expressive animation!!
Feb 22, 6:24 PM
Nov 2015
I'm surprises with new character same with villain.
Feb 23, 5:12 AM
May 2023
good
cklvjkdfh ujvnrseudijkohfguijdlnszvgio
Feb 23, 3:21 PM
Jan 2024
battles werre so good
Feb 24, 1:33 AM
Sep 2021
Ragna solidifies his anger & wants his revenge against the winged monarchs even more than before. Let's see how things will play out from here.
Feb 26, 4:24 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Revelations, episode full of revelations and the girl was a surprise!!!
kekeke
Mar 1, 2:42 AM

Jul 2017
Ragna being awakened in Starlia's universe, what gives?

Thankfully, Ragna has been teleported away to safety, to Starlia's realm, as she praises each and every one of her closest Argentum Corps comrades, and needs to settle her matters to forge a sword: the Silver Comet, influenced by him. The reality, however, is that Starlia is truly dead, even as Slime goes around scolding everyone. Teleporting the civilians, however, proves too much for Ike, and to make matters worse, Ultimatia comes as the Dragon Scourge of the Solarian Church with her clones, to Ragna's chagrin that she is still ultimately his enemy. But since not all faces and clones are alike, can they ever trust the Solarian Church?

To start things off, Ragna can only be partially healed, and the perseverance of the Church for him to become a Dragon Scourge to save the refugees they teleported, Ragna already had his preconception that the Church will not act on their help and need, and only focus on the Sun God.

But first, the secret meeting back to Crimson, just to be glad that they've finally convened back together.
Mar 16, 9:12 PM

Feb 2021
Solarian people that was created after that war looks powerful.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 31, 2:03 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Crimson is finally back, nice!
Apr 15, 9:41 PM

Apr 2011
Just realize, besides Lia, the other blonde twin got killed as well. RIP
Apr 26, 7:20 AM

Jan 2014
I'm a little bit confused at this anime world building. so they got modern weapon, vehicle, clothes, as well as buildings, but it looks like it takes place in medieval thing. is this world after "dragon" show up, or what?
May 4, 1:20 AM
Aug 2021
Confusing episode. It felt like fever dream😂
May 17, 6:03 PM

May 2015
Author loved Ultimatia so much, he made a group of her to traumatize Ragna with. Sweet sounding lady who says psychotic things is a Ragna Crimson specialty.
May 23, 11:16 PM
Jan 2023
the whole work is a masterpiece, the animation, the dubbed version, and the story line.
May 31, 1:42 AM

Jun 2022
1) Better Torment That Spiky Guy As U Slowly Kill Winged One , Deal The Same Freaking Damage As He Begs For U To Spare That Winged Gal & Then Perish Her Anyway!!!!

2) They Really Want To Extend This Huh , That Punch In Face Was Too Damn Funny & That Restore Her Or I Will Kill All Of U . Damn!!!
Oct 9, 7:09 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to Pieromysl
Looks like those Solarians are identical to Ultimatia not only due to their appearance, but also share the same personality. Their words sound sweet like honey, but spew only poison.
@Piromysl

And they also have time magic...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 21 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 9

41 by Vindicater »»
Oct 14, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 30

132 by nixlm7 »»
Oct 12, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 20 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 2

42 by Vindicater »»
Oct 10, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 19 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 24

26 by xZabuzax »»
Oct 10, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Feb 10

77 by Vindicater »»
Oct 9, 3:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.