Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 11, 8:24 PM
Jan 2019
Tomochika is a big NO for me honestly, it's "too much".. for the rest, a few characters seem ok (varies on each taste) and then.. a Gundam!? i'm getting more lost on this one to be honest..

The MC so far it's OK, tries to have those rules of it's own but don't mess with him, a man basically trying to live a peaceful life with his games, his anime.. a good life to be honest. But don't provoke it or insta kill basically..

i don't know.. one more to be honest, but it's.. quite a mix this one..
Jan 11, 8:28 PM
Jul 2023
This Anime Is Trash Story Is Looks Like It's Only Half Of It
Jan 11, 8:33 PM

Mar 2007
They really ramped up the comedy in this episode. I particularly loved the light novel title that was just casually thrown in there.

"Get ready for Operation: My guardian angel is so overpowered, this other world is a piece of cake."

Wait a minute, there's no parody tag, right?

Okay I hope fatty ghost at least trains the useless girl and equips her with what is hopefully a light saber, so she can be less useless because right now the poor guy is doing all the hard carrying.
Jan 11, 8:58 PM
Apr 2023
The layers of this story's lore seems to be deeper than expected but glad that Takatou is still OP and ruthless when needed.

I have to say, I wasn't expecting Mokomoko's voice to be that somehow annoying LOL It is quite far from how I imagined it from the manga adaptation.
Jan 11, 9:15 PM

May 2019
Ok this series needs a parody tag as it seems to be self aware at times such as when Tomochika's ancestor ghost passed on some arts to her called "My Guardian is So Overpowered....". Plus it's kind of random with the variety of characters including that mech/robot thing. Anyway, so far it's ok.
Jan 11, 10:12 PM
Jul 2020
As someone already said, this is so shit it loops back into being interesting

Like fuck it there’s a robot

Fuck if there’s a spirit

Fuck if there’s a weapon that’s actually her bra but it also can transform itself into anything

Fuck it there’s a train

Fuck it there’s the vampire and the hero and the princess who is manipulating people

And finally, fuck it, there’s a recharger to his game because fuck if there just is

It’s so bad I don’t enem know if I can call it generic

Which somehow circles back into being a good thing
Jan 11, 10:41 PM
Apr 2019
In another universe this couldve been a satirical comedy or something. In this universe its a goofy half assed mess
Jan 11, 11:13 PM
Jan 2024
Reply to Apratim
This show is Trash....... things are all over the place. Not a single character is likeable till now, comedy lacking by a mile. Idk what weed the author was smoking while writing this story
@Apratim I couldn't have said it better.
Jan 12, 1:19 AM

May 2015
Yogiris power is so convenient in this messed up Isekai land that even Tomochika wonders why he doesn't abuse it more! He has his own code of self defense though so it isn't used zealously. The fact that he can target specific parts of people and not even magic or racial transformation can heal it makes it even more terrifying.
Jan 12, 3:02 AM
Dec 2021
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
Ok this series needs a parody tag as it seems to be self aware at times such as when Tomochika's ancestor ghost passed on some arts to her called "My Guardian is So Overpowered....". Plus it's kind of random with the variety of characters including that mech/robot thing. Anyway, so far it's ok.
@Alfredo-Sauce its multiverse, everything can exist
Jan 12, 5:05 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dude saying "die" makes it BARELY worth it to get through whatever the rest of this bullshit is. Gonna drop it after the next episode unless it does something absolutely amazing

The highlight of this episode though is realizing that Tomochika is actually more scary than Yogiri, the guy with the actual instant death ability. Girl just goes "why don't you just kill them?" while he responds to that saying they should just go about killing people at random. Speaking of random, DAMN this episode was random.

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Jan 12, 5:39 AM
Oct 2021
I liked seeing the beast girl die, but it's still too painful to watch with the bimbo sidekick. I'll just speed read through the LN.
Jan 12, 6:16 AM

Oct 2020
Another good episode, I'm enjoying seeing the LN come to (animated) life. I didn't expect Mokomoko's voice to be so annoying, it's really quite funny, especially given how Tomochika handles her most of the time in the future. 😂

I was hoping there would be another flashback to the Institute at the end like in the LNs. It will be interesting to see if they are going to include those. Maybe they'll do them as an OVA at the end?
Jan 12, 6:52 AM
Mar 2021
lumayan lah grafis nya
Jan 12, 7:03 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
No why they make catgirl doing bad here and just death? Mc really researching out his insta die on some rando thug and its actually being used by some vampire sage. Interesting to see if she's affected? See it next time, then!

Idk if i shall be grateful hearing Riko doing lots of tsukkomi here. But eh? That ghost actually have more lore on her than i thought before. Let's see next...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 12, 9:23 AM

Jul 2015
Yeah they are skipping stuff,not good direction if they are going to skiff some important stuff like in this episode.

The art seems to have downgraded to me,Lain had more of an impact in the novel and manga.

Hope next episode will be better.

Jan 12, 5:19 PM
Jan 2024
holy shit madefaka malas abnget sih studionya buat gambar ikonik kontolll!!
Jan 12, 5:26 PM

Jul 2022
I don't get the confusion others are having, I'm enjoying this one so far. The character designs are solid, the pacing is great.
The contrast between the MCs chill mood and his devastating power is disarming and an interesting inflection point of comic relief.
I appreciate the guardian angel's explanation of why our two characters didn't succumb to the weird hero spell (and were able to sidestep getting sucked into the rat-race/fucked up game).
Bring it on, I'm along for this ride.
Jan 12, 6:01 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to Overlord-The-END
Not gonna lie, the pacing is weird.
They cut so many content in between to push the introduction of Sage Lain and Santarou.

I like to unpack some content that are being cut from LN-Manga in this episode.

First of all, notice the guard was speaking gibberish in the first scene? Surprise-surprise, unlike most Isekai setting out there, this world doesn't coincidentally speak japanese nor the summoned people magically speak the native language.

Second, Mireiyu scene. She actually add quite a bit of world building in her introduction. After knowing that native people in this world speak another language, she came to the duo speaking japanese. Of course this is being questioned by the duo and she answered, because "Japanese people have good future so many native woman in this world learn japanese to get on the good side of japanese men." LOL

Why this important? The implication is telling us that people are regularly isekai to this world and most of them are freakin' japanese people and most of them usually end up living a good life, so good that people are sucking up to them. Yes, it taking jab at the isekai trope.

Oh, they also cut the mundane scene of them shopping. This complimented my previous point that Japanese people are put in high regard because of their OP ability after getting isekai. Removing this scene makes the pacing strange.

The scene of the duo getting mugged in the alleyway.

The fans is robbed out of the famous scene.

The manga did a better job at conveying the inevitable end to those that receive Yogiri "Instant Death"

Next cut content is actually what most people have problem with this series. Yes, I'm talking about some of you guys complained. The reason the student act like psychopath and their lack of sympathy/empathy. The reason should have been told by Mokomoko in this episode, but they left it being vague.

The battlesong system, the power system in this series could decrease someone's morality and make them more aggressive.

Next scene is Takatou moving to protect Tomochika. It explained in other media, he can sense when an attack is coming even if it doesn't directly target him.

Last thing I want to cover. In the anime they don't show it exactly and left more desired. Lain overpowered ability, she is an immortal vampire that could regenerate even after all of her body get erased without leaving a trace. Yes, she literally said she was nothing after getting hit by the explosive power of the holy sword but quickly regenerate back, essentially she could not die.
Pacing is insane, there is so much happening in one episode, weird languages, extremely high pitched spirits, robot invaders, magical shapeshifting objects, evil sages, immortal vampires, multiple worlds, etc...

@Overlord-The-END Thank you for the great context, it helped a lot!

PS: Is there a way to not quote the entire message when replying to someone?
Jan 12, 6:51 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to Pustul
Pacing is insane, there is so much happening in one episode, weird languages, extremely high pitched spirits, robot invaders, magical shapeshifting objects, evil sages, immortal vampires, multiple worlds, etc...

PS: Is there a way to not quote the entire message when replying to someone?
Pustul said:

Your welcome.

I might do another review of important bits they might cut again in the next episode.
Jan 12, 7:28 PM

Apr 2020
LET’S ALL LOVE LAIN
Jan 13, 1:18 AM
Nov 2016
Author opinion on second episode (translated using translator):

It's episode 2.
There are a lot of scene changes and it feels rushed, but here you can get a glimpse of the effort that went into trying to squeeze the story in as much as possible.
Basically, it feels like it follows the story of the original work.
I wouldn't mind an original episode or an original character appearing! That's what I'm planning to do, and I'd actually like to see it, but I don't think I have the luxury of doing so.

Although the issue of languages ​​in other worlds is not touched too deeply, the gatekeeper is not allowed to speak Japanese, but the attacking beastmen, hotel staff, and guards are allowed to speak Japanese.
The store staff may or may not be able to speak, but Mireille supports them when shopping in town.
After this story, you can use the translation item to have a conversation with anyone.

The sage's vehicle is an Adamski-shaped saucer, but it was only shaped like this because Yogiri's words were blurred at the beginning of the original story, and it's not a big reason.
It would have been nice if they hadn't recreated this part, but if it was going to be made into an anime, I think they should have thought about it a little more carefully.

The scene where the beastmen are killed is truly terrible, but the fact that it was just a rehearsed act makes it even worse. The fact that the person who ran away dies due to the time lag is part of the practice of being careful, and the reason why he remains conscious until just before he dies is due to the delayed activation. Once the instant death ability is activated, it cannot be canceled, but the time until death can be adjusted, so we are looking into various ways to use that to our advantage.

This is Mokomoko's first appearance and she accompanies you on your adventures after this, but Mokomoko was not a planned character from the beginning. It would be interesting if a background spirit suddenly appeared. It was just a random idea, but it ended up being a long-lasting character that stuck with me until the end.
Actually, it has more Chuuni elements than Yogiri, but not many people may realize that.
In the original work, it was explained that there was a battle song that would induce people to think in a belligerent way, and I suggested that it would have been better to include it, but it seems that this was also cut due to length issues. Without this, my classmates would suddenly become people who are adapting to a different world, but it might be slow to explain things one by one.

The scene where Rain throws the hero away. You say you don't have any intention of killing me, but aren't you going to die? You may think so, but it is common knowledge in this world that heroes do not die at this level.

Yogiri's criteria for killing are not very strict, but the basic targets are those who have attacked or are likely to attack. According to this standard, Hanakawa should have been killed, but his begging for his life was so unseemly that I felt like he lost his motivation.
If you try to beg for your life by crawling miserably, you may be able to succeed.

It's an Aggressor robot, but what I originally envisioned was a more slender robot. It's like a Gothic maid. However, it's not written in detail in the original work, and I'm not particular about the design, so I'll leave that up to you.

Jan 13, 4:36 AM

Feb 2015
yeah I'm dropping this, it's not even worth giving 3 episodes
Jan 13, 4:43 AM

Jan 2013
This show is absolute hot garbage, but I'll keep watching as long as it's entertaining.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jan 13, 9:00 AM

Feb 2021
holy cow, this is even worse than farming fantasy from Fall 2022. everything is so random, chaotic, shallow, and unfunny I can't believe it hahaha. one of those "so terrbile it's funny", definitely must watch!
Jan 13, 3:37 PM
Apr 2022
That girl talking so casually about killing people, and the protagonist mansplaining it to her...there are really no characters to root for
Jan 13, 4:39 PM

Sep 2023
Overlord-The-END said:
I might do another review of important bits they might cut again in the next episode.

Please do, that would be great and thank you for relaying the author opinion here.
Jan 13, 8:25 PM

Nov 2009
BTW, just noticed the OP'ing where they show the students and turning into particles with MC and the girl holding hands going toward a light.

Feels like this is suggesting MC (deathdude) is going to end up killing all the other students huh...

And they went on a shopping spree, but gets ambushed by bandits.

And the MC tries to see if he can target body parts with his "death" power. (that's apparently undetectable as it's not suppose to exist, it's neither "Blessing"(in-world) or "Gift"(isekai powers)

And LOL @ the random Priestess Ghost... big puffy ghost... LOL (tho... how exactly did the Priestess Ghost gave her abilities... feels like the "Earth" they're from isn't exactly that "normal" (like our RL Earth). Such as Deathdude, already have his death power since before being Isekai'd.

(more or less, this is reminding me of "Death mount" + "Shaman King"... LOL)

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 14, 12:30 AM

Oct 2017
Another good episode, surprisingly enjoying this so far. Like how the mc is merciless and doesn't think twice to kill the enemies. Heck even the fmc is slowly becoming like him suggesting killing those two this episode. Sad the catgirl died though, was hoping she'd turn good but oh well. Vampire woman, Lain is really pretty, having Satou Rina voicing her was perfection. Tomochika's guardian spirit is a fun one too. Also looks like the sages are the bad guys after all. Even the hero is out for them.
Jan 14, 4:08 AM
Dec 2021
Reply to amlg
BTW, just noticed the OP'ing where they show the students and turning into particles with MC and the girl holding hands going toward a light.

Feels like this is suggesting MC (deathdude) is going to end up killing all the other students huh...

And they went on a shopping spree, but gets ambushed by bandits.

And the MC tries to see if he can target body parts with his "death" power. (that's apparently undetectable as it's not suppose to exist, it's neither "Blessing"(in-world) or "Gift"(isekai powers)

And LOL @ the random Priestess Ghost... big puffy ghost... LOL (tho... how exactly did the Priestess Ghost gave her abilities... feels like the "Earth" they're from isn't exactly that "normal" (like our RL Earth). Such as Deathdude, already have his death power since before being Isekai'd.

(more or less, this is reminding me of "Death mount" + "Shaman King"... LOL)

@amlg this is scp universe
Jan 14, 4:40 AM

Oct 2010
Well. The core of this series is mashup of everything. And it kind of works when things are explained or given reason. Flimsy reasons but anyway.
So what's left when you remove all the glue for the sake of adaptation? Only best bits! Making no sense whatsoever.
Jan 14, 5:17 AM
Aug 2017
This probably needed to be 24 episodes, since they clearly intend to squeeze 4 light novel volumes in. I'm still enjoying it because I'm already familiar with the stuff they're cutting from reading the novels like 4 times plus the manga, but I can see why a lot of people are put off due to the rapid pacing and omitted content.

Also, having Mokomoko and Hanakawa VAs put on extremely annoying voices sure is a choice. Because those two are gonna have the most screentime/dialogue after the two leads. I fear that's going to put more people off.

Thanks for posting that author reaction Overlord-The-END. I'm glad Fujitaka isn't afraid to critique things he feels they got wrong. Given the number of complaints last week about the attitude of the classmates, I think it's especially telling that the author tried to have them keep the explanation behind it in but the animators ended up cutting it anyway. To be fair to the animation team though, the biggest issues with the show are the low budget & the fact it's trying to adapt too much content into a single cour, which are decisions that would have been made at a production level without the studio getting much of a say in it, so I think they're probably doing the best they can with the cards they have to play.

Jan 14, 6:47 AM

Oct 2008
this episode seems to be way too rushed! so many new characters where introduced like light speed lolz...
4/5.

Jan 14, 8:22 AM
Oct 2017
not good like " the wrong way to use healing magic"
Jan 15, 3:07 AM

Aug 2019
I like this anime, and how people demonize it makes me like it even more lol
If only there wasn't shadowy thing that always covers this anime.
Jan 15, 10:19 PM

May 2009
It's so ridiculous that's enjoyable. Especially Gabu.

Kot is dead and her sibblings will starve to death.
bastek66Jan 19, 5:28 AM
Jan 16, 11:34 PM
Nov 2016
Well we officialy have biggest trash of this season,and we all can't wait till next episode because it's so stupidly entertaining.
Just turn your brain off dont ask questions and enjoy
Jan 16, 11:36 PM

Jul 2017
Both Takatou and Dannoura reaching a nearby town to understand their situation better, but as soon as they reach there, they're soon threatened by a bandit group, and Takatou just insta-kills trying to make sure of the range of his abilities. And that caught the attention of Captain Edelgart and her group trying to track down the leader of the same group of goons, only to be taken to her place. And the spirit of Momokura Dannoura comes to "haunt" Dannoura, only for her to hear that she's the successor to their archery school and not be surprised if she starts appearing in front of him.

Even when Momokura appears invisible, she can be easily seen by both Takatou and Dannoura, and they're soon interrupted by a battle between a Hero class and a robot Aggressor. As much as Takatou wants to insta-kill, he can't exactly quite do that, and one such Hero Sage is trying to take down other Sages, though it isn't enough to kill the vampire Lain. And that same Aggressor who wants to stop their battle and offer something in return, they just need a way forward.

Other than the awkward censoring, this show just feels like attacking as many areas as possible without being coherent. I know I don't expect much from this show, but it still has to be said.
Jan 17, 6:30 AM
Jun 2020
its quite chaotic. althou it seem the world has some rules, the main character seems to be unaffceted by them, story goes rather quickly without enough explanation.
Jan 17, 3:05 PM
Aug 2021
I love how bad this is so far I need at least one show a season that’s fun trash to watch lol. Robots, guns, sages, vampires, beast people, heroes fighting sages, sages fighting robots, ITS SO BAD ITS FUN!! But that annoying ass ghost woman may make me drop this shit 🤣
Jan 19, 12:09 PM

Dec 2018
Unbelievably low effort across the board. Can't even keep up with average anime. I prefer not to knock people's creations, but this feels so...churned out of a blender of anime memes bad jokes and bad animation.
Jan 19, 7:14 PM

Nov 2009
Reply to Seeker1995
@amlg this is scp universe

Well... SCP is REALLY broad and can pretty much be used for any sort of monster, creatures or special abilities...

So saying SCP universe doesn't really mean anything, LOL. Could also have called Isekai being SCP in a way... (since there are actual SCP that teleports you to different worlds...)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 21, 2:25 PM
Mar 2021
Trashy Isekai just as I like it 👍
Jan 23, 4:37 PM
Apr 2020
What is even the point of this show? So far it's just been watching people in different areas/situations just getting oneshoted repeatedly. Dont know how they keep this fresh or interesting with 10 episodes to go.
Jan 26, 7:17 PM
Jun 2012
No real complaints. Decent voice acting as well.
Jan 27, 4:14 AM

Nov 2019
So many random things, it's hilarious.
Jan 27, 8:48 AM
Oct 2019
I don't understand anything, but the MC is great²
Feb 14, 9:03 AM
Dec 2017
the only thing i want to say is how come this anime got serialized while No game no life is still not touched by any anime studio?

Why did some anime studio chose to invest in this dogshit?
Feb 14, 9:05 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Apratim
This show is Trash....... things are all over the place. Not a single character is likeable till now, comedy lacking by a mile. Idk what weed the author was smoking while writing this story
@Apratim What weed was the studio smoking when they chose to serialize this
Feb 14, 9:06 AM
May 2021
Mistaavee said:
@Apratim What weed was the studio smoking when they chose to serialize this

don't know man, this series is trash af lol
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21

129 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Oct 15, 2:11 AM

» I wish this got a season 2

Infinite23 - Mar 25

22 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Oct 15, 2:08 AM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4

182 by Lolicon »»
Oct 6, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7

50 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 30, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22

49 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Sep 6, 2:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.