Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 8:21 AM

Dec 2021
It's been nearly a month, but we're back!

Saji is in charge of the OP this time, and it gives off the same vibe as the one they did for Helck. It's definitely a bit different from the last OP. Watashi Kobayashi is back for the ED again, and, well, it's alright, just like the last one.

The conflicts at each location escalated further. Having withstood Olto Zora's reprehensible assault through Starlia's compelling charisma, the Argentum Corps launched a counteroffensive into the woods. Simultaneously, Ragna's intense clash with Taratectra had such an impact that it altered the landscape. Frustrated by his inability to dispatch the enemy as desired, he unleashed a decisive all-out strike to bring an end to the battle in one powerful blow.

Totally forgot about that major cliffhanger with the big battle starting at the end. Loved Crimson giving us a quick dragons recap, and the animation is on point. Props to SILVER LINK for making great use of this almost one-month break. Ragna has really grown, not just in power but in the way he thinks since the first episode. It's like he's a whole new person now. Olto Zora's power is crazy overpowered, putting eyes in any blood—kind of a creepy ability. And seriously, fighting your own comrade while the rest are in the heat of battle is beyond me. Poor Ragna, though. That slime move had me cracking up.

Now Olto Zora knows their plan, and the big question is, will Ragna jump into the fight or hang back?

Jan 13, 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
OP2 is the epitome of generic shounen anime OP song. Therefore it's very fitting for this show...
Jan 13, 8:53 AM

Oct 2017
Finally back after the break and the battle continues. Was waiting to see Ragna kick ass but oh well so much for that. Otherwise the hime and everyone else is putting up a good fight but Olto Zora figured out their plan so the tide is about to shift. Wonder if anyone will die from Starlia's side and will Ragna make his comeback.
Jan 13, 8:59 AM
Oct 2020
I have been waiting so badly for it to come back and it's finally back, annnnd, the op is not as good as the last one, at least the show itself is just as good, 13 episodes in and I haven't lost interest once, seriously one of the best shows in the last few years, well, every Saturday is gonna be heat with this and mashle
Jan 13, 9:05 AM
Jul 2023
The opening was brutal, but the rest of the episode is a little bit underwhelming.
Jan 13, 9:07 AM
Sep 2015
Crimson almost has no role in this episode, but in a typical fashion he'll probably come up with his out-of-the-world plan and just appear at the end of the battle to explain his plan.
Jan 13, 9:09 AM

Feb 2021
Just caught up today and this is actually so much better than I expected.

I think the first OP is much better, but this one is fine too.
The ED is good too.
This arc has been quite epic!
Jan 13, 9:24 AM
Dec 2020
Last opening was much better but they are handling the seige on the group quite well.
Jan 13, 10:49 AM

Feb 2019
2nd cour finally here, man it’s been too long without this show in my life 😩

New OP definitely not as good as the first, kinda generic tbh. But we move.

Right back where we left off with the dragons attacking the base. Brutal fight. Using controlled humans as canon fodder was a dirty tactic. Starlia’s troops were understandably shaken by that and found it difficult to fight back, but good pep talk by her to refocus them.

Speaking of Starlia, think this episode really showcased her brilliance as a military leader. We hadn’t really seen her in action since most of her screen time had been fawning over Ragna lol. But she’s earned her reputation for a reason. Even in the face of overwhelming odds, she’s guiding everyone right where they need to be, making sure everyone’s composed and is doing her own thing in battle. A proper general.

On the battlefield itself, Ragna’s fight was cool until his sword broke. Bro is too OP for his own good. He’ll need something a lot stronger to contain all his energy.

Felt kinda out of place to have a fight between he and Shin in the middle of an enemy assault, but I guess it was the only way to get through to Ragna when he’s being hardheaded. He’s got to stop putting everything on himself and trust in other people. Everyone’s there to fight of their own volition and are highly capable

Olto Zora knows about the plan to use the dragon’s energy to escape.. wonder how he’ll counter next week

No crimson in the episode is kinda crazy. Him to be a big part of the next episode lol
Marinate1016Jan 13, 10:58 AM
Jan 13, 11:29 AM

Mar 2013
EP13 is here with new theme songs!
IDK, but both old and new OP is cool with me. I think. 🤔
I also didn't expect a child to be holding a knife. That intro was brutal.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 13, 11:42 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The plan was discovered!!!
kekeke
Jan 13, 1:26 PM

Mar 2007
This show started off pretty well but the stakes have kept growing and the battles have tactics and thought behind them, and it's actually getting really really good in the 2nd cour. Happy I didn't drop this earlier.
Jan 13, 3:20 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ragna with limiter on his body still manage to survive badly, but he need more concrete strategy to fight against the tough opponent like Tara. Unfortunately he can't thinking wise. So Mr Slime just changed side already since Ragna ridiculously stone-headed and can't even use the help from the corps to their fullest potential. Perhaps the round two with the helps of those swordmen from the corps can give a taste of defeat to Tara-chan?

However the real problem truly the mad maestro, Zora, the ex solarian as well. I dislike his guts, so i wish they can finish him off in the next episode. Let's see...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 13, 5:36 PM
Aug 2020
finally back

so many things to say, the fight, the children, the great dialogues,mindset

i really enjoyed this episode
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 13, 7:21 PM
Jan 2020
The new OP looks they just finished it yesterday and obviously a huge downgrade. I don't like how this show is gonna look like in EP 18-19 lol.
RonninnJan 13, 7:24 PM
Jan 13, 9:15 PM

May 2019
It's nice to have this show back after a near month hiatus and it picked up right where it left off with Ragna going up against a superior dragon. While Ragna may have lost the battle the war rages on and so far Starlia's group is holding up well. Unfortunately Olto Zora has figured out what Starlia's group is doing but he doesn't know that Crimson (and Ragna for that matter) are around and not making sure that Ragna was killed will be one of, if not the biggest, mistakes these dragons make.
Jan 13, 9:24 PM
Feb 2021
So, the characters of Kobayashi Chiaki (the voice of Ragna) and Hatanaka Tasuku (the voice of Shin Cutlass) have an emotional moment this episode!

If you didn’t already know, those two happen to star together in another well-known anime called SK8 :D Ragna’s voice actor is Lagna (okay that is a funny coincidence) well Shin’s voice actor is Reki.

I won’t lie, knowing this makes the scene that much better to me haha

Just thought it would be fun to point out!
Jan 13, 10:44 PM
Nov 2016
This episode wasn't good, the animation was generic as fuck, seriously, it was pretty bad and even the way they talked sounded really generic and boring, I hope this isn't where this anime starts going downhill, this is the reason I didn't want a mid-ass studio like Silver Link handling this anime, they are fighting a war and I couldn't even feel the sense of urgency in this episode, I could sense it in the manga, but not in this episode, and the ugly animation isn't helping, goddamn it, this manga is one of my favorites and it's in my top 3 mangas of all time and I hate to see how my favorite manga is getting a mediocre anime adaptation and this episode confirmed it, this shit was mid as fuck, as a Ragna Crimson fan, I'm pissed.

I gave this anime a 10/10 to help it but fuck it, I will give this anime the rating it deserves, a fucking 7/10, and if the animation doesn't improve in the upcoming episodes I will give it a lower rating, I defended this anime a lot around here but I'm done defending this mid-ass anime adaptation.
Jan 14, 12:12 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to Takami_Fumikage
So, the characters of Kobayashi Chiaki (the voice of Ragna) and Hatanaka Tasuku (the voice of Shin Cutlass) have an emotional moment this episode!

If you didn’t already know, those two happen to star together in another well-known anime called SK8 :D Ragna’s voice actor is Lagna (okay that is a funny coincidence) well Shin’s voice actor is Reki.

I won’t lie, knowing this makes the scene that much better to me haha

Just thought it would be fun to point out!
New OP, nice. though generic sounding ala 2000s battle shounen anime, it does fit the show vibe since this is battle shounen full of action after all
Starlia VA nails it again in this episode. shifting to his capable-commander persona and with actual strategy and planning. You could say her army is just fodder in grand scheme of things, but you could see they put up actual fight against dragons army.

just reminder that Ragna suffer from heavy Survivor's Guilt hence his rejection towards any kind of help except Crimson, despite heavily injured.

@Takami_Fumikage thats interesting trivia. it certainly could help in making sure their heated argument flows like actual people getting mad at each other.
Jan 14, 4:35 AM

Jun 2016
im so fucking glad this show is back to road again !!!

god damn waited for so long for this masterpiece anime back..
Jan 14, 9:49 AM

Sep 2017
Ragna needs to chill tf out and realize he can't do everything by himself. It's good that Shin was able to beat some sense into him. New OP feels like a downgrade from the first.
Jan 14, 4:32 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Great to come back to this show after the break and it’s just as good as it was prior to the break and back with a new op and ed. Happy to see it back and to have it back for Saturday. Saturday is the day for all the 🔥 shows 👌
Jan 14, 11:34 PM
Apr 2023
Nice series comeback with a gruelling battle for the human-side.
I hope Ragna gets to do something to overcome the 'handicap' he set on himself.
Jan 16, 1:57 AM
Sep 2021
So we continue the left-off fight from the previous episode, ragna was up against a wall, but thanks to the help of his companions he was able to survive. The fight against the superior dragon continues.
Jan 16, 3:44 AM

Feb 2021
Can't wait to see MC awakening again :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 18, 11:18 PM

Jul 2017
The 2nd Cour is back after almost a month.

saji's OP, much like his other songs just get worse overtime, and this is no different. Watashi Kobayashi's 2nd Cour ED is alright, but I pretty much preferred his 1st Cour ED.

The Argentum Corps, as well as both Crimson and Ragna, face the Mad Maestro Olto Zora's brainwashed humans and an army of 10,000 dragons along with the Explosive Taratectra (which Ragna gives it his all to fully utilize his Silverine Battle Arts). Even with the Aerial Gunner Response Unit, Ragna pushed Taratectra to his limits, and as much as Slime pushes him to awaken,the latter knows that Ragna has the power to defeat him but is sorely limited by the transfusion power between human and sword.

Even as both Shin and Gramps helped out Ragna to deal with the inferior demons, the latter does not want to admit to his shortcomings, so much that the former has challenged him time and time again (though 69 is a nice number), and this 70th battle is no different. But on the Silverine Princess's side, forging power from defeated dragons enough to use their power against them, Olto Zora has it all figured out since he was a Solarian before.

The plan has been foiled, what's next?
Jan 20, 9:14 AM

Dec 2018
Awesome battle, awesome artwork, silverware princess btfo, not sure about her survival. Lots of 2smart4u while getting hoisted by their own petard. silverware deserved it for doing the same tactic twice in a row against an opponent with air superiority. it wasn't that she went high, it was the element of surprise and she got it twisted.
she was best girl and she better live though i fail to see how.
Jan 23, 7:10 AM
May 2020
ragna slipping in ability there
Apr 12, 7:18 PM

May 2015
Taratectra definitely embodies the Noble Demon trope. I always like those honorable villain types. Too bad Ragna is hearing none of it!
Apr 20, 8:08 AM

Jun 2022
1) Nah Man , 1 Month Gap & They Give This Crappy Fight .

2) Kinda Get Their Point But Still Giving Side Characters This Much Spotlight Left A Bad Taste.
Jul 10, 7:04 PM
Jul 2017
its shit, ive wasted my time
Oct 2, 10:43 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to Ronninn
The new OP looks they just finished it yesterday and obviously a huge downgrade. I don't like how this show is gonna look like in EP 18-19 lol.
@Ronninn

Yep. I found the new Op such a letdown...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 21 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 9

41 by Vindicater »»
Oct 14, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 30

132 by nixlm7 »»
Oct 12, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 20 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 2

42 by Vindicater »»
Oct 10, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 19 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 24

26 by xZabuzax »»
Oct 10, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 18 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 17

45 by Vindicater »»
Oct 9, 7:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.