Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 20, 2017 8:59 PM

Dec 2009
Rorek said:
That was Brutal:(
Yeah that company wtf... giving false hope then kicking them out what the hell... unnecessarily cruel.
That should be a crime.

Though really, it wasn't her destiny, she's better off in that town; happier life. The city is cruel.
GenesisAriaOct 20, 2017 9:21 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 30, 2017 5:53 AM

Aug 2016
Why do I keep tearing up every episode? Wonderful anime!
Nanika ga Okashii
Nov 2, 2017 11:27 AM

May 2012
Lovely xmas themed episode! Looking forwards to the last five episodes.
Nov 9, 2017 12:50 PM

Oct 2012
Aah, what a great episode, all those feels. The play had really nice conclusion and they also let Maki shine.
And with her father being sponsor... great conclusion!
Nov 26, 2017 6:46 AM

Apr 2011
The way the director rejected them was kind of a dickhead move. Maki may have failed the audition but she found a new way to pursue her love for acting. Go girl.
Jan 7, 2018 5:34 AM

Sep 2012
GenesisAria said:
Rorek said:
That was Brutal:(
Yeah that company wtf... giving false hope then kicking them out what the hell... unnecessarily cruel.
That should be a crime.

Though really, it wasn't her destiny, she's better off in that town; happier life. The city is cruel.
SoraSenpai said:
That's kind of a dick head way to reject people. Everyone who got called were super excited and them "BAM" Get out. Thats a load.
Leo_10 said:
When Maki was called out, I was happy and then suddenly there was a rejection. Wtf.
Lelouch0202 said:

Maki getting rejected for the acting role in the beginning was pretty brutal. :(
Kuriji said:
Do people really do that "Please step forward so we can tell them they didn't get through" because that is just a dick move. Thankfully that has never happened to me because i cant imagine what that feels like.

Ended on a good note though.
Meta_Yoshi said:
Things got off to a bad start for Maki. She gave it her all in the audition, but she didn't get the part. What annoyed me was the way the director called the numbers up and then told them that they failed. A rather savage and harsh way to reject the actors if you ask me.

The feels did hit me when Maki couldn't help but shed a tear of sadness on the train back to Manoyama. D=

Thankfully, Yoshino, Maki and the others all rallied up and produced the highlight of the episode, which was the "Blood-soaked Santa" play. It was really well done and amusing and Yoshino's speech at the end to keep the building open for the residents to use was a stellar idea. Nicely done ladies! =D

Only five episodes left now. I don't want this show to end just yet! D=
doitnow10 said:
SoraSenpai said:
That's kind of a dick head way to reject people. Everyone who got called were super excited and them "BAM" Get out. Thats a load.

Really good episode overall though. Very Heart Warming at points.

I guess the next Arc will focus on Erika? At least it seemed the next episode definitely will.

I really liked the Snowball fight. "She got the Queen!" "Medic..." lol.

You better believe it because that happens in real life as well!
I applied for thre administration for the state capital where I live (western Germany) and that's how they rejected us.
to top it off we first went as a group to another room where they then told us that the evaluation process was over for us! xD
I think I was the only one who already knew it without them saying it...
(Rest assured it all worked out for me in the end and I'm starting my new job at a private company next month)

And I agree Erika will get a little spotlight in the finale, them showing how she blushes as soon as Kosuke is even near her is not for nothing. I sense some heartbreaking, judging from the trailer :(

btw I've said this before but:
Maki, best girl/butt!!

if i would be that friend of hers i would drop out there after that SH & i hope she did just to spite them cause if shes that good she can get new job easily

but at least she found way to do what she loves in the end

i would have done rejection in reverse & not called ppl who get rejected but ppl who past cause their way is ferry Dick move

Mormegil said:
FMmatron said:
Absolutely beautfiful.
6/5 episode.

Also lol

This was really funny.

didn't expect the to turn the story in to comedy, i must say it was good idea & came out well
Sugram22Jan 7, 2018 5:48 AM
Jan 13, 2018 5:31 PM

Aug 2012
-baited
-it was actually pretty cute how maki's family were all waiting for the audition results as well
-somehow this show continues to have a certain charm to its realism, which is impressive considering it's near the end of the show
-winter is hard
-gaaaaaaan
-sigh
-yoshino going ahead and deciding things before telling everyone about it
-the band's back together
-putting combine harvester on my christmas list immediately
-doku more like broku
-wow that scene at the end actually really flipped my perception of the episode. it just like, ties everything together
-also the little scrapbook maki's dad was a pretty adorable gesture

Alright so at first I thought the whole taiko drum acquirement would be just a standalone type of thing, but it ended up turning much better than I was expecting. The thing about Maki starting a Manoyama acting troupe took me entirely by surprise in how fitting of a development it was in the context of the rest of the episode, and the more I think about it the more I like this episode. I was totally expecting Maki to just give up completely on acting when she got snubbed at the audition in the beginning of the episode, but finding a way to combine her tourism board job with her passion for acting was actually pretty well done, and I'm sure her dad would say the same thing. Speaking of which, the whole thing about Maki's dad taking care of the repairs after the middle school closing ceremony also helped just tie everything together by progressing the state of Maki's family drama into more agreeable terms. I just thought these two things in particular were wholesome and pretty grounded in reality, which just adds to my enjoyment of this episode. Bonus points for how everything was also brought back to the central objective of revitalizing Manoyama.

EDIT: holy fuck i totally forgot to mention it while doing my little writeup but the whole thing about maki turning the dragon song into a play also sounds fucking spectacular because i fuckin loved that episode and it would also do a good job of wrapping everything up
ThreePercentJan 13, 2018 5:37 PM
May 1, 2018 12:25 PM

Aug 2016
Call them up then ask them to leave, that was pretty dick move, I would cry as well, Maki-chan. But nice Santa play. Just shame Iam watching thin in May.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2018 6:46 PM

Jun 2017
Like all of Sakura Quest, this bit is an apt allegory of Life:

Dec 7, 2020 6:27 AM

Aug 2018
For the sec i thought that Maki got in the audition and then im like wtf bruhhhhh

Anyway im amaze how everything that happened will be connected to the festival the school and everything wow
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Dec 18, 2020 9:36 AM

May 2016
I was upset that she didn't pass the audition but that little show made her
shine like star in the endless sky. Maki <3

FMmatron said:
Absolutely beautfiful.
6/5 episode.

Also lol

without a doubt.
Mar 28, 2021 3:09 PM

Feb 2020
Very emotional episode. I feel sorry for Maki. That beginning scene was sad to watch.

Fortunately, the rest of the episode was much more positive. Their play was adorable. :3

SerafosMar 2, 6:39 AM
Aug 6, 2022 1:27 PM

Dec 2018
brilliant and touching. best episode yet perhaps.
Dec 2, 2023 7:15 PM

Oct 2022
Full wholesome vibes on this one. Kinda wish they spend bit more time on Maki being sad for not getting the role but i think its fine since she herself said that she felt better after trying. The scene at Angelica's made me laugh with all of them being so sad. Ririko's "argh" is so cute. Repurposing the school building into a multipurpose complex is a great idea, way better than demolishing it. The play is great too, releasing the 'ghost' of the Santa is pretty smart. Maki definitely perform her heart out as the Santa. Takamizawa-san look kinda hot with formal clothes ngl."Hurray for declining birth rates!", that's kinda depressing man. Sanae and Maki tho, i can get behind that.

Up till this point, the Queen is just going with the flow, she doesnt know what to do yet. Lets see if something or someone will challenge her on that.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2017

65 by Leftu »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

184 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 19, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.