Forum Settings
Forums

'Senki Zesshou Symphogear' Anime Movie Announced

New
Dec 1, 2023 9:47 AM

Aug 2019

The official website of the Symphogear franchise announced a movie version for its television anime series on Friday.

The movie is part of the new project announced for the franchise, now titled Project Symphogear: Next. Alongside the movie, a new music project is also scheduled to begin.

The action female idol franchise, written by Akifumi Kaneko and Noriyasu Agematsu, aired its first anime season in 13 episodes in Winter 2012, which was produced by Satelight and Encourage Films. Satelight animated four other sequels in the Summer of 2013, 2015, 2017, and 2019.

Dan Yoshii began writing a manga adaptation from December 2011 to March 2013 in Newtype Ace. Kadokawa shipped the third and final volume in July 2013.

Official site: https://portal.symphogear.com/
Official X (Twitter): @SYMPHOGEAR

Source: Mantan Web

Project Symphogear: Next on MAL
Hyperion_PSDec 1, 2023 9:56 AM
Dec 1, 2023 9:56 AM
May 2022
Is this the movie as part of the project? The source makes it sound like this is a standalone adaptation.
Dec 1, 2023 10:01 AM

Jul 2015
As long as no more Yellow Thing, Symphogear is saved.

Dec 1, 2023 10:01 AM

Sep 2013
I had a feeling Symphogear Movie is happening.😃
Always curious if this movie will continue after XV or something have the connection with XD Unlimited.🤔
[/url]
Dec 1, 2023 10:02 AM
Feb 2023
I can’t wait!!! Symphogear is my favorite anime!!!😍😍😍
Dec 1, 2023 10:47 AM

Sep 2013
Reply to Romyislief
I can’t wait!!! Symphogear is my favorite anime!!!😍😍😍
@Romyislief Me too!!!
Ever since season 1 a very long time ago!😁
[/url]
Dec 1, 2023 11:12 AM

Apr 2012
So, is Symphogear is rapidly becoming a multi-year franchise with alternating generations? Perhaps this explains why Sunrise also decided to have their own waifus with mechas. I wonder how much this show will expand on the classic franchise formula.
Dec 1, 2023 11:19 AM

May 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
So, is Symphogear is rapidly becoming a multi-year franchise with alternating generations? Perhaps this explains why Sunrise also decided to have their own waifus with mechas. I wonder how much this show will expand on the classic franchise formula.
@RobertBobert I hope it's a new generation. I feel like there's more that can be done with a whole new cast than with an established one with largely finished character arcs & stories. Feels like it'd be a good way to expand the world and premise while respecting the original show's run and not trying to dig it out of its grave.
Barely catching my breath!
Lay my eyes on the crest!
Gonna square up to all of the heat that is left!
So I carry the torch! To Inferno! Inferno!
Dec 1, 2023 11:36 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to RobertBobert
@RobertBobert Authors made a statement, that old generation is DONE. Even mobile game just got discontinued. New entry will most definitely be a sequel with completely new characters or something entirely new.

Dec 1, 2023 12:04 PM

Sep 2011
<--- very relevant avatar!

Can't believe it's been 4 years already since the final season. Let's see where this will lead. Can't do anything wrong with more Symphogear.
Dec 1, 2023 12:29 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i really need to catch up on this series, only seen the first 2 seasons
Dec 1, 2023 12:42 PM

Jul 2015
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
i really need to catch up on this series, only seen the first 2 seasons
@EcchiGodMamster Then you have basically seen everything.

Dec 1, 2023 12:47 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to Pieromysl
@EcchiGodMamster Then you have basically seen everything.
@Piromysl

i just lol'd irl

nah man, i've seen some good fanservice clips and waifus from the later seasons, so im defintiely missing out in that regard
Dec 1, 2023 12:49 PM

Jul 2015
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
@Piromysl

i just lol'd irl

nah man, i've seen some good fanservice clips and waifus from the later seasons, so im defintiely missing out in that regard
@EcchiGodMamster I mean, transformations sequences are nice. Especially Scythe Loli Kirika doing a pole dance.
But seasons 3-5 do not introduce anything new. You just have 3 vilainesses being Talk'd no Jutsu'd by Yellow Thing three times in a row.

Dec 1, 2023 12:57 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to Pieromysl
@EcchiGodMamster I mean, transformations sequences are nice. Especially Scythe Loli Kirika doing a pole dance.
But seasons 3-5 do not introduce anything new. You just have 3 vilainesses being Talk'd no Jutsu'd by Yellow Thing three times in a row.
@Piromysl

um... ok, well you just said there are THREE villainesses so that in and of its self is all i needed to read
Dec 1, 2023 1:08 PM

Jul 2015
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
@Piromysl

um... ok, well you just said there are THREE villainesses so that in and of its self is all i needed to read
@EcchiGodMamster It's a fun show, so enjoy the ride.

Dec 1, 2023 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah, called it, with the shutting down of the Gacha... I am not excited tho or care. XV was horrendous.
Dec 1, 2023 4:05 PM

Oct 2022
Well I hope they release some new anime in 2024
The next couple seasons look bleak

I always liked Symphogear, it had some great moments but never was my favorite for a lot of reasons, there was always something missing. I didn't like the ending arc.
It needs some new characters but I wouldn't want to let go of Hibiki, Miku, Chris and Tsubasa. They define the franchise.
Dec 1, 2023 5:18 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Infamous_Empire
@RobertBobert I hope it's a new generation. I feel like there's more that can be done with a whole new cast than with an established one with largely finished character arcs & stories. Feels like it'd be a good way to expand the world and premise while respecting the original show's run and not trying to dig it out of its grave.
@Infamous_Empire It's not my cup of tea, but if it still has a fanbase and can make them happy, then why not? Maybe I'll watch it sometime in the future, but for now I'm just neutral.
Dec 1, 2023 5:19 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Pieromysl
@RobertBobert Authors made a statement, that old generation is DONE. Even mobile game just got discontinued. New entry will most definitely be a sequel with completely new characters or something entirely new.
@Piromysl For some reason, I doubt there will be a sequel about their children. So, some new character squad or another city/region?
Dec 1, 2023 7:08 PM

Nov 2021
Reply to Pieromysl
@Piromysl I'm glad. I don't have nothing against Symphogear since it is good, or OK at least. But have more seasons of the same again.... Nah, even Ash/Satoshi retired from Pokemon after many years, it's time for a new Symphogear.
Dec 2, 2023 9:02 PM

Aug 2010
This franchise has more staying power than I would have thought.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Dec 3, 2023 1:23 AM

Oct 2010
my pal @Piromysl 's worst nightmare XD
I hope they won't pull a nanoha, with the original cast getting older and helping the new girls, then suddenly they are main characters again, that'll be hilarious.
even so, excited for it because the lore is just too good, the problem is the execution
Dec 3, 2023 1:25 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to Catalano
my pal @Piromysl 's worst nightmare XD
I hope they won't pull a nanoha, with the original cast getting older and helping the new girls, then suddenly they are main characters again, that'll be hilarious.
even so, excited for it because the lore is just too good, the problem is the execution
@Catalano Dunno what you're talking about. As long as there will be no more Yellow Thing, or at least she won't have a major role, we are good. I'm glad this show is returning.

Dec 3, 2023 6:19 AM

Dec 2012
we're so backkkkkk

edit: people asking for a new generation, are you crazy? 90% of the appeal of the franchise is having these hall of famer voice actresses singing with their amaizng voices.
InfatuateDec 3, 2023 6:25 AM

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Dec 3, 2023 9:08 AM

Jul 2015
Infatuate said:
we're so backkkkkk

edit: people asking for a new generation, are you crazy? 90% of the appeal of the franchise is having these hall of famer voice actresses singing with their amaizng voices.

I would also love to see our Angel Tsubasa again, ut authors were consistently stating, that Season 5 was a definitive end.
PieromyslDec 4, 2023 11:23 PM

Dec 4, 2023 2:19 PM
Aug 2016
Give me more Symphogear! It's the best! I rewatched the entire series before going to Japan and it's a rollercoaster!
Dec 4, 2023 8:46 PM

Oct 2015
yes more desudesudesu

More topics from this board

» 'Zenshuu.' Unveils Additional Cast, Second Teaser Promo for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 29 minutes ago

2 by ZXEAN »»
3 minutes ago

» 'Ganbare! Nakamura-kun!!' Reveals Production Staff, Teaser Promo, 2025 Debut

DatRandomDude - 1 hour ago

1 by livexevil »»
36 minutes ago

» 'Lazarus' Unveils Main Staff, Cast, 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

2 by ZXEAN »»
41 minutes ago

» New 'High Card' Episode Announces Guest Cast

Vindstot - 2 hours ago

0 by Vindstot »»
2 hours ago

» 'Magic Maker: Isekai Mahou no Tsukurikata' Unveils Additional Cast, Staff, First Promo for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.