Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2023 6:30 AM

Jul 2017
At first glance, Shiota Chem's intern of Shuichi Namari looks promising given his accolades, though his only introduction needed is his own face to Namidome, and especially towards Okino on the operation of Bullbuster and its usage on Ryugan Island. But he talks like a geek so much that it infuriates Okino. On the sidenote, Mizuhara wanting to investigate Shiro more on her free time, as long as it doesn't distract her from her main line of work, she's OK to do so with Arumi.

As for the mouse tracker on the island, it's picking up signals of a Giant Beast, but that Namari abides heavily to the contract laid by the book, which isn't wrong. As it turns out, the exact same mouse had now grown into a Giant Beast, and both Okino and Arumi are tasked to neutralize it. In the process, while Shiro had died, the mouse beast whilst got shot, captured some intriguing footage that they weren't able to ascertain. Even worse, their ideas got beaten, and an invitation meetup from the president of Kanie Technologies for a regular dinner to have Namari stay on as long as he likes, that IS the catch...because he was a nuisance outcast in the company. And that relegated to his internship in Namidome, which Okino slandered without any prejudice.

How would a bug like Namari stay in Namidome in the long-term?
Nov 8, 2023 7:19 AM
Sep 2015
Next ep, Shiro revive?
Nov 8, 2023 8:20 AM
Apr 2021
Really enjoyed this ep. Looking forward to the next
Nov 8, 2023 9:14 AM

Feb 2021
A lot of drama in this episode
Great episode tho
Nov 8, 2023 9:33 AM

Jun 2021
Absolute 1!
I'm done with this show. It feels like this was written by elementary school kid. You have a new species of "animals" and the researchers aren't jumping and competing to find out more about them? The problem is money? Really now? It is proven that they are dangerous and that they evolved from normal animals. Then there's some kind of poisonous gas and we don't know much about it or where it came from. Even if the money REALLY was the problem researching these beasts and gas would potentially be huge in medicine, biological warfare, and even in our understanding of evolution. And these people are uninterested because they aren't paid... What the FUCK? Can you not see the danger this poses for mankind? Or potential money gain that WOULD be available by researching something like this?
The show also tries to frame itself as some kind of bureaucratic examination but it fails miserably. We have this island that became inhabitable and the official story is because of some kind of gas. Ok fair enough. But in actuality the real reason is because of the monsters. So we have a private company that is "handling" the beasts and they have almost zero funding? What? Where is the government? It would be a top priority to suppress the information and deal with this kind of threat immediately. Not only that, these monsters would be captured and extensively researched! But we are expected to believe that a couple of people that work in this company are somehow able to keep a secret about bloodthirsty killing monsters? And the new guy who KNOWS this refuses to work even when he knows that these monsters could kill them because in his contract it doesn't say that he would sometimes be working overtime? Are you kidding me? Not to mention this is japan which is notorious about it's overworking culture! Given that these beasts are supposed to be a secret there are way to many people that know about them. So I would understand that main characters aren't going to leak this kind of information to public but what about a dozen other people that know about these monsters? Trying to suspend my disbelief with all of this and many other bullshit logic in this show is really calling for serious mental gymnastics.

I understand that I'm bitching about an anime, and even one that has such a low score but come on! For who was this made for? I really don't understand. The show isnt for action fans, because there is little of it and even than it's atrocious especially with this CGI, and on the other hand it's not for someone who wants logical, dramatic or thought provoking show because it is way to dumb.
Malisa90Nov 8, 2023 9:39 AM
Nov 8, 2023 12:51 PM

Jun 2015
Those pair are like peas in a pod without even realising it. However end shows something breaking out of something and I suspect its about to kick off
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 8, 2023 12:55 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to Malisa90
Absolute 1!
I'm done with this show. It feels like this was written by elementary school kid. You have a new species of "animals" and the researchers aren't jumping and competing to find out more about them? The problem is money? Really now? It is proven that they are dangerous and that they evolved from normal animals. Then there's some kind of poisonous gas and we don't know much about it or where it came from. Even if the money REALLY was the problem researching these beasts and gas would potentially be huge in medicine, biological warfare, and even in our understanding of evolution. And these people are uninterested because they aren't paid... What the FUCK? Can you not see the danger this poses for mankind? Or potential money gain that WOULD be available by researching something like this?
The show also tries to frame itself as some kind of bureaucratic examination but it fails miserably. We have this island that became inhabitable and the official story is because of some kind of gas. Ok fair enough. But in actuality the real reason is because of the monsters. So we have a private company that is "handling" the beasts and they have almost zero funding? What? Where is the government? It would be a top priority to suppress the information and deal with this kind of threat immediately. Not only that, these monsters would be captured and extensively researched! But we are expected to believe that a couple of people that work in this company are somehow able to keep a secret about bloodthirsty killing monsters? And the new guy who KNOWS this refuses to work even when he knows that these monsters could kill them because in his contract it doesn't say that he would sometimes be working overtime? Are you kidding me? Not to mention this is japan which is notorious about it's overworking culture! Given that these beasts are supposed to be a secret there are way to many people that know about them. So I would understand that main characters aren't going to leak this kind of information to public but what about a dozen other people that know about these monsters? Trying to suspend my disbelief with all of this and many other bullshit logic in this show is really calling for serious mental gymnastics.

I understand that I'm bitching about an anime, and even one that has such a low score but come on! For who was this made for? I really don't understand. The show isnt for action fans, because there is little of it and even than it's atrocious especially with this CGI, and on the other hand it's not for someone who wants logical, dramatic or thought provoking show because it is way to dumb.
@Malisa90

That was a wonderful big speech from you, but seeing as you already decided to stop watching can I suggest you dont waste however many minutes it took you to write to mansplay yourself on us who like watching it. And bye that, I just mean go fuck off and post somewhere else. Your negativy is toxic and we dont appreciate it.
Nov 8, 2023 1:24 PM

Feb 2012
OH NO WHY BIOSCIENTIST BOSS GOTTA BE ALL UGLY BASTARD ON MIZUHARA???

I think Namari's there from Shiota to test Namidome, or even there to stop Namidome from getting too close to the truth. If he wasn't slacking off, he could've been reporting to them directly when Okino saw him pull out a smartphone on the job.

So that lake mutates mammals into the beasts? Did Shio die because he was deprived of the gas? Maybe it's like oxygen to the beasts? But apparently freezing him can revive him?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 8, 2023 2:57 PM
Jun 2022
Defying all odds, pretty good show becomes a good show by proving it’s all going somewhere. Score needs to go up.
Nov 8, 2023 4:42 PM

Sep 2018
Glasses-kun is spot on about Okino, what a petulant little child he is. Show does a goob job at making me dislike him more every episode.
Nov 8, 2023 5:13 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to Fortress_Maximus

I think Namari's there from Shiota to test Namidome, or even there to stop Namidome from getting too close to the truth. If he wasn't slacking off, he could've been reporting to them directly when Okino saw him pull out a smartphone on the job.

So that lake mutates mammals into the beasts? Did Shio die because he was deprived of the gas? Maybe it's like oxygen to the beasts? But apparently freezing him can revive him?
@Fortress_Maximus
A new employee, a certified troublemaker at that, doing that sort of spying/testing work for Namidome's parent company sounds a bit too farfetched to me.
Nov 8, 2023 7:54 PM

Sep 2018
Also, like clockwork XD, that fucking Hirotaka is relegated once again to playing a creep of a character. It's his voice man, it's just perfect for scumbags lol
Nov 9, 2023 7:52 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to Roch2001
@Malisa90

That was a wonderful big speech from you, but seeing as you already decided to stop watching can I suggest you dont waste however many minutes it took you to write to mansplay yourself on us who like watching it. And bye that, I just mean go fuck off and post somewhere else. Your negativy is toxic and we dont appreciate it.
@Roch2001 He's allowed to not like the show, this is a discussion thread about the episode this isn't a praise thread.
Nov 9, 2023 10:37 AM

Jun 2015
Reply to removed-user
@Roch2001 He's allowed to not like the show, this is a discussion thread about the episode this isn't a praise thread.
@Carp21 Whatever you say one post Andy. You know what I do when I dont like something. I dont write several hundred words about why I dont like it. I just dont watch it and dont tell other people I dont like it. Because at the end of the day, even if I dont like something, there thousand or millions more who do like it. And its not my place to tell them that. So you can go fuck yourself.

edit: btw, the post started insulting everyone who likes the show. 'Absolute 1!
I'm done with this show. It feels like this was written by elementary school kid.'

If someones going to say that to me when I enjoy a show, Im just going to tell them what I think as well.
Roch2001Nov 9, 2023 10:42 AM
Nov 9, 2023 12:52 PM
Jul 2012
Reply to Fortress_Maximus

@Fortress_Maximus

Often people that are exceptional good at their studies have a hard time compromising and working in teams. That's what I think is happening here, puts the crews dynamics out of balance and provides and extremely intelligent person to the team.

I also thought that Shio die because he was deprived of the gas, but I guess it could also be the rat.
Nov 9, 2023 10:06 PM

Jun 2019
In addition to some of the tenser dramatic and creature-focused action scenes, this episode was as a whole just outright friggin hilarious. One of the funniest episodes I've seen of any anime series in a long time. The collective stupefied expressions of the Namidome Industries employees who simply couldn't process some of the statements coming out of the new intern's mouth in an otherwise life-or-death situation, as if it defied all belief and reason, was pure gold.

Of course the individual environment and its leniency and permissiveness or lack thereof factors into it, but I feel like in most environments, especially the Japanese corporate work culture which seems like a school of piranhas, this type of person - an extreme autist-level literalist, would be purged quickly. But I guess he was from among the ranks of the higher-ups in the parent company (the Shiota chemical company). I wonder if this part of the story is intended as some form of commentary on how it's getting harder to fire people in modern Japanese companies due to lawsuits over wrongful dismissal and such, or if creating that impression is just some creative license taken for the show. I have no clue if that aspect of it exists as a thing in Japan to the extent it seems like in Western companies.

It's hard to exactly discern and articulate why, but I find this willingness to spend large amounts of time focusing on seemingly trivial and petty things like an intern's stringent insistence on word-for-word adherence to policies governing public transit fee reimbursement for commuters both amusing and refreshing. It's just funny in a way that they would "waste" time on things like this, as someone would characterize it, but it makes the show feel very realistic in a sense, even amidst the premise. Characters get more worked up over these policy squabbles than facing the giant mutants.
WatchTillTandavaNov 9, 2023 10:10 PM
Nov 10, 2023 2:47 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to Roch2001
@Carp21 Whatever you say one post Andy. You know what I do when I dont like something. I dont write several hundred words about why I dont like it. I just dont watch it and dont tell other people I dont like it. Because at the end of the day, even if I dont like something, there thousand or millions more who do like it. And its not my place to tell them that. So you can go fuck yourself.

edit: btw, the post started insulting everyone who likes the show. 'Absolute 1!
I'm done with this show. It feels like this was written by elementary school kid.'

If someones going to say that to me when I enjoy a show, Im just going to tell them what I think as well.
@Roch2001
I'm the toxic one, not the one who says to me to go fuck myself. Ok dude, there's a report button so just report me for my "toxicity" , why don't you? Or is there some kind of double standard?
How did I insulted you by saying that the show and episode were a 1? Are you so buthurt that you realized that my objective explanations are true? I mean I do like some atrocious show, ill admit it. Heck I really like Akikan and that show is awful on so many levels and I can't and wont be insulted if somebody says that its a biggest trash ever made. Why can't you just accept that this show is bad even if you enjoy it?
Also why is my opinion less valuable than yours? Because I'm criticizing the shows obvious flaws, and I;m not praising it? Is Mal some kind of echo chamber of circlejerks who are only allow to praise something and never criticize it? So you are the one who can go and make a thread about how you love this show and think it's best thing you have ever watched, and I'll politely ignore that thread and let you enjoy your discussions there. But this thread isn't that. Also I would be glad to hear any kind of counterpoint to my arguments, something that doesn't start with only "You can go and fuck yourself", if you can actually provide any.

Oh and one more thing, judging from the score and users who are watching it I don't think there's a thousand or millions of people who do like this.
Malisa90Nov 10, 2023 2:50 PM
Nov 11, 2023 12:30 AM

Oct 2022
Okino and the new guy will become best friends later for sure.
Nov 11, 2023 3:47 PM

May 2010
MC being a petty loser per usual lol
Nov 13, 2023 7:33 PM

Sep 2021
Okino's inferiority complex got the better of him here...

Nov 16, 2023 7:49 PM

Aug 2017
The only thing i liked was Arumi and her dog, Shiro, makes me kinda sad when he died, but besides that everything was just so fucking annoying, like the new guy, who ofc we know that he and Okino will be great friends in the end of show, its so obvisouly.

and yes i'm hating this, but i'm not dropping since i'm in the middle of the show lol hoping it can be a little better in some point.
Dec 15, 2023 5:20 PM

Oct 2012
Reply to Malisa90
@Roch2001
I'm the toxic one, not the one who says to me to go fuck myself. Ok dude, there's a report button so just report me for my "toxicity" , why don't you? Or is there some kind of double standard?
How did I insulted you by saying that the show and episode were a 1? Are you so buthurt that you realized that my objective explanations are true? I mean I do like some atrocious show, ill admit it. Heck I really like Akikan and that show is awful on so many levels and I can't and wont be insulted if somebody says that its a biggest trash ever made. Why can't you just accept that this show is bad even if you enjoy it?
Also why is my opinion less valuable than yours? Because I'm criticizing the shows obvious flaws, and I;m not praising it? Is Mal some kind of echo chamber of circlejerks who are only allow to praise something and never criticize it? So you are the one who can go and make a thread about how you love this show and think it's best thing you have ever watched, and I'll politely ignore that thread and let you enjoy your discussions there. But this thread isn't that. Also I would be glad to hear any kind of counterpoint to my arguments, something that doesn't start with only "You can go and fuck yourself", if you can actually provide any.

Oh and one more thing, judging from the score and users who are watching it I don't think there's a thousand or millions of people who do like this.
@Malisa90
I enjoy the show, it's quirky and the adult cast is pretty refreshing, but you're not wrong in most of the point you made. I didn't personally feel insulted by your thoughts. Sometimes people do troll and write toxic stuff and this was not it.
Jan 4, 5:05 AM

Jun 2021
Reply to modboy
@Malisa90
I enjoy the show, it's quirky and the adult cast is pretty refreshing, but you're not wrong in most of the point you made. I didn't personally feel insulted by your thoughts. Sometimes people do troll and write toxic stuff and this was not it.
@modboy Sorry for late reply, but thanks, it's good to see that not everyone on MAL is ready to wish you death to your entire family because you disagree with his opinion. I try not to be toxic and to present my opinions objectively so we can have a reasonable discussion.
I agree with the cast, especially the short balding accounting guy with the glasses. I think that kind a character would shine even more so in a better written show than this one. And I'll say it again, you can love whatever you want, as long as you can recognize and admit it has flaws. And even if some of my points were wrong in your view, you agreed with at least some of them, and that is all that I ask.
Mar 26, 10:40 AM

Jun 2022
Nothing Much , Next Ep.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bullbuster Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 22, 2023

11 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Bullbuster Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 15, 2023

8 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Bullbuster Episode 5 Discussion

Fortress_Maximus - Nov 1, 2023

12 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Bullbuster Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 25, 2023

13 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Bullbuster Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 18, 2023

18 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.