Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 28, 2023 8:29 AM

Dec 2021
Ultimatia is not someone that plays around jeez.

As the winged king, Ultimatia, steadily progressed in preparing to destroy the kingdom, he grew wary of the sudden disappearance of the higher-ranking dragons, beginning to suspect the presence of an unknown force. Meanwhile, Crimson anticipated the movements of the winged bloodline while orchestrating the battle, setting up a plan to have Ragna and Ultimatia face off in the capital city.

Of all the dragons that have been introduced, it's Ultimatia who truly sends shivers down my spine. I highly doubt she'd be easily defeated, especially considering how comparatively weaker everyone else seems. This could potentially make future battles quite dull. I believe her ability doesn't truly halt time, but rather slows it to a degree where our brains can't discern the difference. This explains why she can still perceive colors, and even the king can do so. Also, another indication that the era he was destined to live in cannot occur is that five of the dragons who were meant to judge him have already perished. What's more, one of them met their end at the hands of someone other than Ragna. This suggests that alterations made by his future self in the past enabled this queen to eliminate even the highest-ranking dragons.

So the two finally meet, hm?
IzanaSolosOct 28, 2023 8:58 AM

Oct 28, 2023 9:26 AM
Sep 2015
The second seat is hot.
Oct 28, 2023 9:31 AM

Oct 2020
That Ultimatia is one evil Dragon.
Oct 28, 2023 9:39 AM
May 2021
Well! Next episode fight gonna be so dam EPIC 🔥
Oct 28, 2023 9:53 AM

Jul 2023
all the pieces are already set, will Ragna strike or will they follow Veronica's plan, can't wait for next week
Oct 28, 2023 9:57 AM
Jul 2023
Social anxiety hits hard. Ragna gotta be one of the most introverted shounen MC.
Oct 28, 2023 9:57 AM

Sep 2016
Kinda crazy how they had all those modern weapons and vehicles just an episode ago and had a train in this episode, but not a more modern microphone
Oct 28, 2023 10:09 AM
Mar 2023
Reply to TheSelleri
Kinda crazy how they had all those modern weapons and vehicles just an episode ago and had a train in this episode, but not a more modern microphone
@Selleri_UmU There is actually a reason to that...it will be explained in later eps...
Oct 28, 2023 10:11 AM
Mar 2023
We are left off with a cliffhanger! But just so you know, ep 1-5 is the most "boring" (It's just plot build up) part of the manga...I assure you next ep will be 🔥
Oct 28, 2023 10:30 AM

Jan 2014
So the next episode will a battle, hopefully. If you tease a battle that hard and don't deliver, I don't know when you will.
Oct 28, 2023 10:36 AM

Jun 2016
My feelings about Ultimatia is exactly how Ragna feels. Oh, I hate the very thought of such a being who does horrible things yet carries around being benevolent. Its disgusting. Hope Ragna truly ends her.
Gift by Mimurona

Oct 28, 2023 10:56 AM

Jun 2014
We got to see the other seats of the Blood of the Wing through that peculiar dream Ragna had. Ultimatia is probably the only one that doesn't look inherently evil at first glance, but she's most likely the most fucked up out of the bunch. Characters that are antagonists but act like saints tend to be that way. And of course Ragna ends up running into her at the end of the episode, let's see what comes of that chance encounter.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 28, 2023 11:00 AM

Oct 2017
Dragons my ass they are vampires after all. Or maybe a vampire dragon hybrid. Ultimatia sure is creepy though. Can Ragna remain his cool or he gonna go for it?
Oct 28, 2023 12:30 PM
Aug 2020
it was a good episode, i keep enjoying this anime
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 28, 2023 2:53 PM

Feb 2019
Yea man idc if it’s gay or not, I want to FUCK crimson. His/her/it whatever you wanna call it, “Victoria” persona was so hot. God I wish I was general Rowland getting stepped on lmao

As for the episode itself though, Ultimatia is perhaps one of the most scary character types you can have. She’s able to do absolutely horrible things with a smile and a genuine belief that she’s doing the right thing. You can see that she is slightly hesitant about wiping out the kingdom, but whoever this God is she’s serving is so mentally unstable that wiping out entire kingdoms is nothing more than pushing over some dominoes.

Learning the origin of the dragons was also very interesting. So they’re basically demons from KNY as opposed to evolved regular dragons. I still have a lot of questions about this God that Ultimatia serves as well as the other dragon bloodlines. There’s a lot of cool worldbuilding this story has and I’m hype to see it
Marinate1016Oct 28, 2023 3:01 PM
Oct 28, 2023 2:57 PM
Aug 2021
So Ragna find himself face to face with Ultimatia, I'm really curious to see what happens now. Also why did the ep release 2 days before?
Oct 28, 2023 4:39 PM

Nov 2013
So dragons are just "evolved" humans? Boooo
Oct 28, 2023 5:00 PM

Mar 2007
Info dump episode.

Lots of knowledge about the Dragon hierarchy, who's what of the top 12, titles hinting at abilities.

Ragna has some flash forward dream? Or Flash back? Or alternate future? Very interesting.

They infiltrate the city but he's specifically told NOT to start a fight,it doesn't look like he can hold back, not especially after he says Ultimatia's name ....
Oct 28, 2023 5:12 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn the Second Seat aka lighting dragon get voiced by Sukuna himself no wonder i got the pump, and i like how Tia always hitting him harshly even on Ragna amusing dream. I want to get it too, My Queen 🧎

Amusing dream, huh? You right, Crimsonica. Its pretty amusing to see all the dragons higherups were all there telling the truth about their borrowing bloodline power thanks to Tia as the Winged Monarch sharing all the bloods, or even way before, to the likes of Crimson too since he was an ex First Seat? Dunno about Crimson past-past timelines tho, so i just rest it there....

Anyway, Crimson another 'helper' from the capital also having their short introduction here. Ragna also meeting Tia again after the dream just to try hard to cooldown the urge. Then What kind of preparation they do to hunt down Tia and those two other seat while Volta out? If they have any....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 28, 2023 9:31 PM
Nov 2016
This is where things start getting good and the next episode should be fire, for the love of the animation Gods, please SILVER LINK, do not fuck this up in the next episode, this is where SILVER LINK has to flex their muscles and show what they are capable of, I swear to God, I love the manga and I've been defending this anime a lot around here but if SILVER LINK fuck this up with shitty animation in the next episode then I will shit on SILVER LINK and I will personally say that this anime is a flop, DON'T FUCK THIS UP SILVER LINK, the next episode is the episode that will either make me hate SILVER LINK or trust that mid-ass studio, as of now I'm still skeptical about it, let's see how it goes, DON'T FUCK THIS UP!
Oct 28, 2023 10:30 PM

Jun 2010
Reply to xZabuzax
This is where things start getting good and the next episode should be fire, for the love of the animation Gods, please SILVER LINK, do not fuck this up in the next episode, this is where SILVER LINK has to flex their muscles and show what they are capable of, I swear to God, I love the manga and I've been defending this anime a lot around here but if SILVER LINK fuck this up with shitty animation in the next episode then I will shit on SILVER LINK and I will personally say that this anime is a flop, DON'T FUCK THIS UP SILVER LINK, the next episode is the episode that will either make me hate SILVER LINK or trust that mid-ass studio, as of now I'm still skeptical about it, let's see how it goes, DON'T FUCK THIS UP!
@xZabuzax You've said exactly what I wanted to say, fingers crossed for next episode.
Oct 28, 2023 11:00 PM

May 2019
Ultimatia... this queen, this dragon that has no issue committing genocide or rather wiping out the human population and doing it with a smile on her face, disgusting. I now see where a certain YouTube thumbnail came from:

I really hope Ragna kills her but I doubt that will happen given how she can stop time so hopefully Crimson gets back in time to help out. I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 29, 2023 12:30 AM
Mar 2014
The quality animation in the roof is good and detailed
The back story is interesting
I have positive vibe for next episode
hopefully SILVER LINK deliver
Oct 29, 2023 3:15 AM
Aug 2016
Van a erradicar Madrid en el capítulo que viene, así bien
Oct 29, 2023 5:55 AM
Apr 2023
Some good backstory there.
The saying "Kind people are the cruelest", nicely portrayed by Ultematia
Oct 29, 2023 7:13 AM

Nov 2011
I wonder if Ragna saying Ultimatia's name in his head will come back and bite him. We know some Dragons can read minds. It will be interesting to see.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 29, 2023 7:45 AM

Jun 2016
always amazingly good !!!

Oct 29, 2023 10:43 AM

Jun 2019
did I miss something? It feels incomplete if I’m being honest. How did Crimson know Ragna knew about Ultima, how did Chimera know about Crimson. Did Ragna tell Crimson about his dragon past? very confusing.
Oct 29, 2023 12:32 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Nice development from that Ultimatia character. She's the perfect passive-agressive kind of villainess.

Too much infodump about all the major dragons at the beginning, tho, I hope I can remember all that while watching this weekly.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Oct 29, 2023 1:37 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to CielIsAWeeb
did I miss something? It feels incomplete if I’m being honest. How did Crimson know Ragna knew about Ultima, how did Chimera know about Crimson. Did Ragna tell Crimson about his dragon past? very confusing.
@CielIsAWeeb It happened in episode 2 mate, Ragna told Crimson that they succeeded in killing the Winged Bloodline in the future and by now you should know that Ultimatia is the current leader of the Winged Bloodline so yeah, this includes her, they both killed Ultimatia and her minions in the future.

One step at a time buddy, Chimera is a new character that was introduced in the newest episode, you can't expect to get all the answers and her backstory this soon, right? her backstory will happen eventually so don't worry, for now, you should know that Crimson has minions too and they are: Slime, Golem, and Chimera, they even appear in the OP.
Oct 29, 2023 3:00 PM
Nov 2020
Little bit confused at the beginning but decent episode. I’m interested to find out more about the dream or memory maybe?
Oct 29, 2023 4:15 PM

Mar 2014
Dropping this, each episode is worse than the previous one.
Oct 29, 2023 6:21 PM
Aug 2018
This episode made me not want to drop it I will wait for the next episode.
Oct 29, 2023 6:25 PM

Mar 2008
Was it just me or did the audio mixing sounded weird on this? Mainly for Crimsons inner thoughts the audio was compressed where it clips like the VA was using a crappy microphone.

CielIsAWeeb said:

I think Crimson was just telling Ragna about Ultimatia or something. Chimera is Crimson's underling we were not introduced to till now.
traedOct 29, 2023 6:29 PM
Oct 31, 2023 3:49 AM
Mar 2022
I love how evil Ultimatia is. She's a different kind of evil, completely misguided in her actions, and after that one interaction with Dragon God, I'm inclined to believe she misinterprets God's words to fit her own desires (to wipe out humanity pretending it's mercy)
Oct 31, 2023 7:33 AM
Sep 2021
The story is finally started to get interesting, excited for all the epic fights.
Nov 1, 2023 8:04 AM

Mar 2013
So his future self was turned into a vampire. lol
So that means, even when he was an old dude, he still had his revengeful self, and trained quite hard for a long time even after that (looks like it), then transferred his powers to his past self.

Now I wonder what kind of power he possessed after getting turned into a vampire... but I'll wait for it for the meantime.

I do wonder who's that little girl which Ultimatia calls her—looks sus.

Best scene:
CrazyButNot4UNov 1, 2023 8:08 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 3, 2023 4:01 AM

Jul 2020
Ultimatia is the best girl and the only good thing about this anime ngl
Nov 4, 2023 8:41 PM

Jun 2015
That thing you do not attack is in your face, what do you do next...
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 5, 2023 4:40 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
What? the map is from Spain and Portugal!!! Hilarious!!!

well, face to face!!
kekeke
Nov 5, 2023 8:42 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to Ranxomare
What? the map is from Spain and Portugal!!! Hilarious!!!

well, face to face!!
kekeke
@Ranxomare Ragna Crimson is actually happening in our real world, USA and Japan exist too so yeah, don't be surprised about the map.
Nov 11, 2023 2:03 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to IzanaSolos
Ultimatia is not someone that plays around jeez.

As the winged king, Ultimatia, steadily progressed in preparing to destroy the kingdom, he grew wary of the sudden disappearance of the higher-ranking dragons, beginning to suspect the presence of an unknown force. Meanwhile, Crimson anticipated the movements of the winged bloodline while orchestrating the battle, setting up a plan to have Ragna and Ultimatia face off in the capital city.

Of all the dragons that have been introduced, it's Ultimatia who truly sends shivers down my spine. I highly doubt she'd be easily defeated, especially considering how comparatively weaker everyone else seems. This could potentially make future battles quite dull. I believe her ability doesn't truly halt time, but rather slows it to a degree where our brains can't discern the difference. This explains why she can still perceive colors, and even the king can do so. Also, another indication that the era he was destined to live in cannot occur is that five of the dragons who were meant to judge him have already perished. What's more, one of them met their end at the hands of someone other than Ragna. This suggests that alterations made by his future self in the past enabled this queen to eliminate even the highest-ranking dragons.

So the two finally meet, hm?
IzanaSolos said:
I believe her ability doesn't truly halt time, but rather slows it to a degree where our brains can't discern the difference. This explains why she can still perceive colors, and even the king can do so.
i dont really think SUPERNATURAL powers work according to the laws of irl physics but ok lmfao
"Are you the strongest because you're Satoru Gojo? Or are you Satoru Gojo because you're the strongest?"~ Suguru Geto

Nov 13, 2023 12:37 AM

Jul 2017
The announcement that both Crimson and Ragna heard, clearly Ultimatia took King Femiud for a ride and gathered all of the people into the Lese Kingdom to meet their deaths. But the fact that some Blood of the Wing dragons have been defeated, and Second Seat Woltekamui is a true dragon demon at that.

The past Ragna in the presence of the Blood of the Wing, he may be the only one left surviving, but given an ultimatum from the kind Ultimatia herself, it's facing off old enemies as Crimson is just accompanying him for the ride to Lese. But Ragna is not good with crowds and must rest at one spot with Slime watching after him while Crimson goes to scout for enemies in the Old District, where Ultimatia is also at.

Sure, it's a trap, and Ragna indeed found Ultimatia, but in no circumstances should he face her alone, it's too early to call. Fear and tremor written all over Ragna's face...
Nov 19, 2023 2:33 AM

Aug 2013
Poor Ragna, Ultimatia should just die.
Dec 9, 2023 1:15 AM

Nov 2023
Interesting backstory. Looking forward to seeing Ragna fight Ultimatia eventually in the coming episodes. Should be a banger.
Dec 31, 2023 10:26 PM

Feb 2021
Chimera is a cat, not a dragon?
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 20, 8:51 PM

May 2015
So the Dragon God is a little kid. No wonder things are so chaotic in that world! Ultimatia being a kind and empathetic villain is a really neat choice the show is trying to make. Normally in darker shows like this the villains are all one-note maniacs. It's nice to see Ragna Crimson doing things differently.
Jan 22, 2:47 PM
May 2020
ragna has to keep his cool otherwise this is all over
Mar 18, 7:07 AM

Jun 2022
Another Episode Of Endless Blabbing . Annoying!

Apr 27, 5:06 AM
Oct 2016
Not very appealing.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 21 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 9

41 by Vindicater »»
Oct 14, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 30

132 by nixlm7 »»
Oct 12, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 20 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 2

42 by Vindicater »»
Oct 10, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 19 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 24

26 by xZabuzax »»
Oct 10, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 18 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 17

45 by Vindicater »»
Oct 9, 7:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.