Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reign of the Seven Spellblades (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 13, 2023 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
Jesus Christ, this Ophelia woman isn't stable. Even in this finale, she displays a crazy behavior and shows it using her abilities.

Final battle felt rushed but makes sense given all the buildup leading to this point. The story isn't complete but they wanted to resolve this battle in a climatic way. Pretty predictable ending but hey, they managed to avoid a chaotic problem for now. This finale isn't even about the main cast but oh well.

Oct 13, 2023 8:58 AM

Jul 2017
Pete manages to escape from Ophelia's clutches being a Reversi, and now it becomes everyone gathered together with Miligan to take down the magic of the Salvadori family, which has been perfected into her womb of a Grand Aria. The only way to force out of that womb is for her to utilize her magic against them, which then they can use their magic against her, as such with the Snake-Eyed Miligan.

Together, Oliver, Nanao, Michela and the others fend off against Salvatori's chimeras, which Nanao barring her spellblade powers tries to bend her blade towards a crying child, which puts her in hesitation. The arrival of Carlos putting Ophelia into her place and sending her to a Heaven-like state, it's the end of the Salvadori curse.

Situations like the Salvadori incident is normal in Kimberly Magic Academy, but to Oliver, that's where his revenge will start, aside from the clique having their fair share of fun together.

Good showing at the start, to only be hampered by the execution that could've made this yet another J.C.Staff hit like Virgin Road.
This show basically had no marketing from the start and is already doomed from the get-go.
KANLen09Oct 13, 2023 11:24 AM
Oct 13, 2023 9:09 AM

Jan 2018
Nanatsuma Fridays are finally over. It was a decent adaptation. Not that I was expecting much out of the adaptation to begin with but I still think there were some moments that were nicely adapted. Even in this finale, that Ophelia and Carlos scene was nicely done. I'm just glad I was able to see Nanao, Oliver and my favorite characters animated. I enjoyed it for what it was. Definitely going to miss it. Don't think we will get a 2nd season but would be nice.

Oct 13, 2023 9:59 AM

Apr 2014
Farewell, Ophelia and Carlos. Both of you shouldn't deserve something like this.

Conclusion
Oliver, Nanao, and Michela: the real MC, always in the spotlight
Katie: over-optimism, I've wondered, how she still survives in this cruel environments
Pete: useless and weak damsel in distress
Guy: his plant-based spells were useful, please give this guy some justice, he deserved more roles

And, for the Kimberly Magic Academy. I would say again that this academy is fking dangerous. Everyone wants to kill you on your first day at the academy. It's not the safest place to send your child to study.
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 13, 2023 10:06 AM
Nov 2018
Not one of my favorites. The pacing at least for me was way to slow. Very little happened. I wanted to like it more than I did.
Oct 13, 2023 10:13 AM

Feb 2021
I just noticed that Salvadori was added in the OP. I checked around and she was first added here in the previous episode.

4:20 - 5:09 Google translate says that this is Latin and it means:
A beast wants wings, a bird wants hands, a fish wants feet, a plant wants flesh.
Although there are tens of thousands of seeds that have been sown, yet none of us has a defect.
Picking up the pieces and continuing these things forward, I wanted to know where the solution to life was.
May you be constantly filled with cries of birth, O palace of souls!

This is literally a domain expansion lol
Oh, I was wondering what was that tatoo on his neck!
Why exactly did Carlos have to die too?
Huh, the OP is usually omitted if it's going to be used near the end of an episode.

This episode title: ラストソング(聖歌)— Last Song (Hymn; chant; sacred song)

This was just okay at first, then turned much better around the middle, then became okay again. Kinda disappointing, but still enjoyable. Also I think the OP and ED are really nice. Would watch a Season 2, I feel like it would be really good if it's more focused on the teacher revenge plot.
7/10
EmbientOct 28, 2023 3:08 AM
Oct 13, 2023 10:17 AM

Oct 2017
So there was no saving Ophelia after all, well RIP. Carlos died alongside her too. Must be hard for Godfrey, losing two of his close ones at the same time. As for the final battle, that was okay. As usual the action sequence felt bland, JC staff failed to deliver with this one. Anyway it's good that everyone else could return safely.

This felt like a decent fantasy, magic anime. Didn't standout in anyway but was decent enough. I liked it and the characters were nice too. Would watch if it gets a new season. Dunno if that'll happen though.
Oct 13, 2023 10:23 AM

Dec 2010
It had its weak spots here and there, but it's still one of the better animations out there. Love the author for always coming up with these intricate and interesting worlds. Sadly, just like with Alderamin, this seems to have been met with a rather lackluster reception.
Oct 13, 2023 10:34 AM

Jun 2015
Now that was a banger of a season close. Although Im not too sure why people disappeared, didnt feel like it was addressed in previous eps so if anyone knows actual reason feel free to pm or post on wall.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 13, 2023 10:38 AM
Mar 2021
So this season is the beginning of the story?
Oct 13, 2023 10:42 AM

Jul 2021
Meh finale
Had potential but the show never really started going with the main plot really was quite boring.

If anything this show taught me to be more skeptical of Light Novel Readers lol.
Oct 13, 2023 10:44 AM
Sep 2021
Hope they will continue to another season, wanna see how oliver killed the other 2 teachers after darius.
Oct 13, 2023 11:02 AM
Sep 2015
What I like is the highly acceptance of all gender and sexuality, but everything else falls apart.
Oct 13, 2023 11:03 AM

Oct 2016
source material is not bad at all... dont know what happened here
there was no love in ANY aspect of the production

props for wanting to close an arc for a show that probably didnt do too well, but this is probably the most 5/10 show you've seen this year
Oct 13, 2023 11:30 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i can tell tell whos a guy and whos a girl half the time lol... anyway.. that was lame.. ofc the sexy ass female villain always has to have some excuse for being bad and is always shown mercy
Oct 13, 2023 11:33 AM
Aug 2017
Great writing from start to finish. Gotta read the books soon.
Salmon is really the fish of all time.
Oct 13, 2023 12:05 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
I hope for a season 2 or i will read the LN if I have time.
7/10.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Oct 13, 2023 12:10 PM
Aug 2022
not that bad of an ending especially for season one but the death of the sucubus and her friend came out of nowhere and that domain expansion was weird and we still didnt get more on the spellblades, anime like that dont always get a second season it would be better if they had done or said sth for the spellblades also the animation was way too bad and souless at many moments.

the show was a 6 to 7 out of 10 but most of it felt like pointless filler, we didnt get any character development or much information on the spellblades what we got was a useless side character named pete that makes sakura seem like a very usefull memeber of team seven, not even her could have wasted so much time from the main plot
argy97Oct 13, 2023 12:14 PM
Oct 13, 2023 12:20 PM
Mar 2021
"now, buy the light novels/manga!"
Oct 13, 2023 12:53 PM

Feb 2021
What an amazing final of the series! A bit sad that Ophelia and Carlos died... Now I will read the light novels and spin-off about Alvin Godfrey when it will be translated.
Oct 13, 2023 1:01 PM
Sep 2019
Was a pretty mid show overall,
Problem not getting a sequal either. Unless studio decide to waste some money, the plot revealed in ep6 was fantastic after that and before that just nothing happened.

Btw didn't Milligan lost one of her hands? I'm pretty sure we get too see both her hands destroyed in this episode.

Also the opening was nice 🙂 if they ever did S2 hopefully the pace will be better than this and another nice oP.
Oct 13, 2023 1:11 PM
Aug 2014
THE SALVADORI SLUT IS FINALLY DEAD! This has to be the most worthless show ive watched in a long time, hopefully we never get a season 2, those saying that this is the best magic school LN series has to have only read this one, cause there is looooads better that was rushed to hell and forth and still had more to offer than this piece of shit 4/10, also this series aint even that rushed, had over 4 eps per vol and that's solid pacing that even the biggest LN volumes shows actually what it has to offer in it, this series is just plain bad with power of friendship and shit.
Oct 13, 2023 1:46 PM

Nov 2011
Honestly, this was a rather strange anime that did not make much sense to me even till the end...

Sure, they want to have an MC doing some kind of revenge plot in a crazy school of magic, so I think they should stick with that, but no... they decided to jump plots everywhere, introducing characters that honestly do not relate to the revenge plot from what the anime had showed and basically just went deeper with the character stories.

Really, I almost gave this a 4/10 if not for the nice OP song and the occasional ecchi characters. The anime is quite horrible in my opinion. Action scenes are nice and all but those are just parts about this anime, the main story wasn't really covered, just a bunch of stuffs on the side. The plots really are jumping all over the place, it's crazy.
Oct 13, 2023 1:49 PM

Mar 2007
The last episode at least gave us some closure on the Salvadori story line.

• The fighting was not bad, but had screwed up logic.
  • Medusa girl hit below the belt using "the guy you couldn't get" against Ophelia
  • After Medusa girl was captured by tentacles, I was honestly surprised the other 6 just stood there with their wands in their hands doing NOTHING like they were brainless or frozen or something. "A little help???" Like, she didn't need to die
  • Once she carked it though, suddenly they're all jumping into action
  • But in an illogical way, taking out the Chimera instead of going straight for the big boss
  • Then Nanao that idiot hesitated, and lost her chance
  • No spellblades were used during this fight (why NOT?? IDK)
  • It takes the BIG HERO, and a small, even bigger hero, Carlos, to save the day
  • He broke her grand aria with his own, he's a Castrati, but it's a grand spell once in a lifetime type that consumes the life of the caster. I felt sad to see him go, but this means he finally gets the girl he loves (who loves someone she can't have). Hope they're happy together in the afterlife.
  • The ending teased Oliver's Revenge Plot ... (not satisfied).

Overall it was fine, some fights were well animated sakuga, others ... it was noticeable the quality dropped. Inconsistency like this and a lack of closure plus lack of focus on the revenge plot means this can't be better than a 6/10 (Fine).

Not sure I'll watch the next season.
Oct 13, 2023 2:11 PM
Jul 2021
Finally this piece of disgusting pandering is over. Now be a good sport and play dead for like ever! Don't you come back you hear!
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Oct 13, 2023 2:19 PM

Mar 2010
In most other series Ophelia probably would have ended up being saved since she is largely a victim of circumstance, but as one of perils of mage's life in this setting, this demonstrates that once you're "consumed by the spell" there isn't any going back. And this can happen to anyone. Especially in a place like Kimberly & the widely magic society where pursuit of the arcane is everything.

Anyhow while far from a perfect encapsulation of them, this was a solid adaptation of books for the most part. 8/10
Oct 13, 2023 2:36 PM

Feb 2015
disappointing series overall. I thought the characters were weak and lacked personality. Some of the worst animation I've ever seen from JC Staff, this was clearly their B team. 5/10
Oct 13, 2023 2:43 PM

Nov 2009
I wasnt listening to the people who said this was bad. I watched the whole thing, giving it a chance. But it was shit.
Oct 13, 2023 3:41 PM
Aug 2020
I can not say that I enjoyed the last ep of the S1...

i was hoping for something else and not that kind of end for the fight...

i don't think that i will watch the S2 if they do one...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 13, 2023 3:41 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to Saito66
I wasnt listening to the people who said this was bad. I watched the whole thing, giving it a chance. But it was shit.
@Saito66 mouhahahahahahah, you got me , well done
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 13, 2023 3:44 PM

Sep 2018
Nooo, no more Nanatsuma Fridays, how will I cope? XD 6/10, and that's being fairly generous.
Oct 13, 2023 3:56 PM

Feb 2019
Last nanatsuma Friday 😢

Ok, on the plane to Japan and finally got to watch the finale. I have to say while I’m pleased with JC staff’s overall job on the anime, I am very disappointed with this adaptation of volume 3. This is supposed to be the best volume in the series with a huge emotional climax with Ophelia and Carlos at the end. One of the few LN scenes to ever make me cry. And it just did not happen well in the anime. Idk why they cut out so much of Carlos and Ophelia backstory, saving it for a montage at the end. How is the audience meant to get invested in that.. it really sucks cause this should have been a great finale, but just felt way too streamlined. I thought they did a great job on volume 1. Volume 2 could have been condensed into 2 less episodes in order to give volume 3 more time.

As for what we got in the episode, I do think it gave a glimpse of how sad Ophelia’s life has been. I think her story shows just how important circumstances can be in life. If only she’d been born without that name.. she could have gone on to have a happy school life with friends like Oliver. It broke my heart seeing her cry and see she and her old friends in Oliver and co. Even Nanao couldn’t finish her. She really was just a child who was forced to grow up way too fast because of the Salvadori’s obsession with breeding.

Speaking of which, her final form which is essentially just her as a womb is really messed up if you think about it. Because her family only saw themselves as tools for having kids, the ultimate pinnacle of Salvadori magic is throwing away your humanity and becoming a Fucking organ. This girl never had a chance.

It was nice to see Vera going to bat for her precious Kouhai. She’s grown really fond of Oliver and the others. Very bold of her to distract and draw Ophelia’s ire to give Nanao an opening. That actually paid off the whole teamwork thing from earlier in the arc.

The animation was a little inconsistent during the fight. Some spots were really good, others were.. meh to put it lightly. I think the action definitely peaked with the Garuda fight.

Perhaps the saddest bit of it all is that in the end, everyone pretty much goes on about their lives without even being concerned about Ophelia or Carlos’ loss. We spent several episodes, a whole volume on this situation.. and to us as the audience, this is a big deal. But this is just how Kimberly works. Everyone is so insignificant and powerless in the end. It’s truly heartbreaking

So overall, I still loved the anime. It’s impossible to really separate my knowledge of the story from the anime viewing experience. Yea, they rushed at the end, but for the most part they did a great job establishing the dangers of the magical world, kimberly and how treacherous this world is. I really would love a s2 especially with how many more books there are.. but we shall see.
Marinate1016Oct 13, 2023 4:09 PM
Oct 13, 2023 5:12 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I like how they ignored Milligan dying with all those injury, and then later, all's fine!

Well that was fast. She literally getting castrated by those reversi singer, forever.

Tho i already saw this coming from a mile but its still hurts. At the end, only true friends coming up to save you, even at your lowest low.

That's right, Oliver. End of Salvadori might be savaged. But she reached peak and died at those peak, while your revenge, might be the one that's peak. So yeah, thanks for still reminding me for your hidden agenda, my good Noll!
Decent story, jc staff doing a well job animating this, wish it stay more longer, but you still have a source to salvage your curiosity.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 13, 2023 5:14 PM

Jan 2013
Dogshit anime of the season
Oct 13, 2023 5:22 PM

Dec 2017
Like the anime but couldn't help but free it was missing things the whole way through. Hope it still manages to get a second season, I dig the lore.
Oct 13, 2023 5:25 PM
May 2022
So what happen there with Ophelia and Carlos? Did they die? Or did they went to another magical plane or something? And did Miligan die?
Oct 13, 2023 6:01 PM

Jul 2014
Reply to Embient
I just noticed that Salvadori was added in the OP. I checked around and she was first added here in the previous episode.

4:20 - 5:09 Google translate says that this is Latin and it means:
A beast wants wings, a bird wants hands, a fish wants feet, a plant wants flesh.
Although there are tens of thousands of seeds that have been sown, yet none of us has a defect.
Picking up the pieces and continuing these things forward, I wanted to know where the solution to life was.
May you be constantly filled with cries of birth, O palace of souls!

This is literally a domain expansion lol
Oh, I was wondering what was that tatoo on his neck!
Why exactly did Carlos have to die too?
Huh, the OP is usually omitted if it's going to be used near the end of an episode.

This episode title: ラストソング(聖歌)— Last Song (Hymn; chant; sacred song)

This was just okay at first, then turned much better around the middle, then became okay again. Kinda disappointing, but still enjoyable. Also I think the OP and ED are really nice. Would watch a Season 2, I feel like it would be really good if it's more focused on the teacher revenge plot.
7/10
@Embient From what I've understood, Carlos and Ophelia have both their family bound together, and the tatoo was the pact they formed. The pact was to either save Ophelia from being consumed by magic /or make her smile again. But he failed to do so, so both disappears.
Oct 13, 2023 6:27 PM

Apr 2022
definitely the anime of all time, 2/10. thank god, it's over.
Oct 13, 2023 6:48 PM
May 2022
I don’t really have much to say, but it was just kinda boring. Had some promise, especially after episode 6 but it really did not live up. And the animation got worse after that. It was just a very whatever anime.
Oct 13, 2023 7:37 PM
Aug 2021
Thankfully this hot mess is over. It has such promise after the revenge, and could have completed all of them in the remaining episodes, but no. Fluff and more fluff.
Oct 13, 2023 8:06 PM
May 2021
milligan and albright should`ve died.
Oct 13, 2023 8:29 PM
Apr 2015
I was all in when Oliver killed the first teacher, but each episode after that slowly chipped away my excitement and enthusiasm each week. Wish it could've been better.
Oct 13, 2023 9:17 PM

Feb 2021
I'll just continue reading the light novels.
Oct 13, 2023 10:21 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to DrtyBird
I was all in when Oliver killed the first teacher, but each episode after that slowly chipped away my excitement and enthusiasm each week. Wish it could've been better.
@DrtyBird

i mean.. the teacher was a woman... and ofc she had an "excuse" to be bad... so nowadays you always gotta make sure to show mercy to them
Oct 13, 2023 11:06 PM

Jan 2020
I have no idea why this was so hyped by LN readers. This, Eminence in Shadow, and Mushoku were the most hyped LN series prior to anime imo, and the latter 2 actually lived up to that hype. Shame on me for thinking the same for this one. Overall not bad, but just mid
Oct 14, 2023 12:01 AM

Jan 2015
Reply to MadanielFL
I'll just continue reading the light novels.
@MadanielFL same
Oct 14, 2023 12:11 AM
Dec 2022
will I can't say I like it. at least it wasn't that bad.
confiscating for the lack of fighting power (from the main characters) with the power of love and friendship, and bullshit is one way to end the story (1st season).we seen animes like this form along time soo yah it's one way to end a story.
But what I hate is a half assed villain. especially for some one who likes villains more than heros it's very disappointing. be a villain until the end. a good villain makes a great ending and a great anime.
their ware so many things that weren't good but i gave a pass ( because that's just how anime are and I like them like that) but please don't make a mess of the villain especially when you're ending the season ( this season)

MY DISAPPOINTMENT IS IMEGRABEL
AND
MY DAY IS RUINED
Yeshaiah2015yeshOct 14, 2023 12:17 AM
Oct 14, 2023 4:17 AM
Jan 2020
wasted 20 minutes of my life every week because half of the show looked like it's from ufotable despite the npc ass dialogues

Why JC Staff? Why did yall decide the need to actually animate your shows for something this dogshit?
Oct 14, 2023 6:58 AM

May 2020
It's already hard enough to care about the main group in this series, but then they start an arc where we are required to care about some super abnormal characters who aren't even distinguishable as a guy or girl.. now this was asking for impossible. 

Characters fought, someone died and the group is back to their school again. Good for them but again, wasn't this some revenge story or I was just imagining things? 

Anyways, a painfully average and a dreadfully bland series in the end. Tries to make itself look like it is doing something different, but almost everything feels like a cheap knock off to those whose likes we've seen a million times already. 

Would be very glad if we never see a second season or something.
Oct 14, 2023 7:19 AM
Mar 2021
Hope there isnt unneeded sh!t next season, idc what ppl think, this was mostly boring, no char dev, not well written chars(katies a downright r3tard), it doesnt matter if d story is really good like d manga readers say, s1 just peaked for 1 ep, rest all episodes were fillers compared to it, no one will come back to watch s2(if it it even is made) if this is how a season is gonna be. they need to focus on d revenge not some side chars story(char dev be d@mned, doesnt amount to much in d end), also, mc is too weak trash the only thing that developed in this anime is that bitc h nanao and that.Reversi? Reversi my foot. Temporary forever Transgender.that was some gay shi icl.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

223 by AtotehZ »»
Oct 9, 7:29 AM

» Hype? LN readers where you at?

RealityChanges - May 7

28 by MRD_Crowe »»
Sep 6, 8:57 PM

» This harry potter mess was pretty bad.

xsilicon9 - Jul 27

19 by Animillion »»
Jul 31, 6:04 PM

» what's wrong with it? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jul 14, 2023

92 by 8oomer »»
Jul 12, 9:14 AM

» In which way this is an LGBT anime?

Dije - Apr 22

37 by RioAl »»
Jul 8, 4:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.