Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reign of the Seven Spellblades (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 24, 2023 7:44 AM
Isekai

Oct 2017
Nanao x Oliver, yes.
Sep 24, 2023 11:42 AM
Aug 2018
It's a shame that only Michela wasn't able to kiss Oliver, Nanao and his cousin for example were able to do this. It's a shame, she's such a great character.
Oct 4, 2023 9:54 PM
Jun 2012
So far so good. 👍👍👍👍
Oct 11, 2023 2:34 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I usually like the main squad's casual hanging out, but the kissing stuff was pretty annoying.
I'm glad the whole troll thing actually went somewhere. Nice that they built up to it.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 14, 2023 10:44 AM
Apr 2013
EP 5

Anyway so yeah ep 5 ends with a cliffhanger, next ep

I still have no idea how oliver became noll
Also..did they ever mention her name in the ep?
Nov 26, 2023 12:21 AM

Dec 2020
"If people had died, it'd be a different story". So you are telling me after all that in the last episode no one died??? That is a bit cliché but it's still fine.
I'm enjoying this anime so far.
niookookjoNov 26, 2023 12:37 AM
Nov 30, 2023 7:47 AM

Sep 2012
lol i just like Michela, she knows how to stir the pot (talking about the victory kiss)
Mar 4, 11:32 AM

Jun 2022
What's The Deal Here ? Every Character That Interact With The Main Cast Gonna Betray Them . Annoying! Couple More Then Done.
Mar 19, 12:56 PM

Jul 2008
They never let Katie go see the troll alone before, so why did they stupidly do it this time?

And another evil student, but this one I saw coming.
Mar 31, 2:42 AM
Aug 2023

Nobody Died! Not the guy who's literally missing a chunk of his torso with a death stare, the girl who's disembowel by those huge talons with such force it sent her flying back into the wall, nor the guy who's torso, pelvis, and no doubt his spine was crushed until there was a satisfying bone crunch. Again nobody died, despite the only time we saw healing magic used was with Oliver. No rush to use healing magic on such grievous wounds, except for Oliver's scratch.

Katie and Pete to that girl who casted the running spell as a prank, "If you have something to say you should use your words" and "how could you sneak attack her from behind? only a coward would do something like that". Oh you mean like how Oliver literally fireballed the guy mocking Katie from behind when his back was turned? You mean using words like the incantation for the fireball spell?

Garrett_DarkMar 31, 3:05 AM
Apr 12, 10:04 PM

Mar 2012
Yeah, I'm done. Some of it is personal (mixing modern Japanese with retro samurai speech and "Mr./Ms.", literally, while teachers are called sensei for some incongruent reason, is fucking annoying); most of it is how butchered the development is for the sake of moving the plot along. Characters are worse than cardboards; they talk, do things, but there's absolutely nothing endearing about them. Which may be fine if the MC is dazzling (I mean, isn't that why we can stomach OP MCs with shallow characterization?), but no, Oliver is intentionally bland even when he's OP.
Scenes happen in quick succession, sometimes without any leadup. They say goodbye to Katie after school, Katie goes to see the troll, then the next scene Oliver is practicing sword magic with Nanao. Would it have hurt them to put in a shot with Oliver mentioning that he's going to train with Nanao? Animation is solid, but lacks the little details that makes the story flow.

Edit:
Decided to keep watching for the plot reveal in ep 6 based on other comments. Pacing gets slightly better in the aborted tournament arc, but otherwise the same old shit. Plot goes absolutely nowhere; aside from ep 6 the main plot is never touched again.
tsogApr 15, 3:32 PM
Apr 26, 12:51 PM

Dec 2022
"If people had died, it would be a different story" is a hell of a comment to make after what happened to the nameless background character students during the Garuda's rampage. Several students seemed to have been killed during that incident, unless they somehow survived those grievous wounds.

Shannon's (Oliver's cousin) appearance was extremely abrupt too. She had exactly 35 seconds of screentime, wherein she materialised into the area making nary a sound, kissed him on the cheek, and then promptly left again. Was this scene heavily truncated from the light novel?

Glad to finally see some explanations for the troll, at least. Apparently, it's both sapient and capable of speech, so to what extent was it provoked into running amok?

╔═══▣ ▣═══╗
Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

223 by AtotehZ »»
Oct 9, 7:29 AM

» Hype? LN readers where you at?

RealityChanges - May 7

28 by MRD_Crowe »»
Sep 6, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

114 by zcv45 »»
Aug 23, 7:42 PM

» This harry potter mess was pretty bad.

xsilicon9 - Jul 27

19 by Animillion »»
Jul 31, 6:04 PM

» what's wrong with it? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jul 14, 2023

92 by 8oomer »»
Jul 12, 9:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.