Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Aug 17, 2023 6:44 AM

Jun 2019
Rudy X Sylphie forever. They are so cute together. Juliette is so cute as well. Slavery always makes me so sad no matter in what shape or form.
Aug 17, 2023 2:15 PM

Mar 2010
Can't lie i'm lowkey jelly I wasn't the one to buy dat slave, dont' ask me why uwu

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 18, 2023 1:57 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Massive Raphtalia flashback, I wish this show doesn't turn to shit like Shield Hero.
Aug 18, 2023 2:58 AM
Nov 2015
Not much happened, it was mostly a filler episode. But it is what it is. This episode feels like a slice of life episode compared to the previous ones.
Aug 18, 2023 12:44 PM
Sep 2018
Juliet is so cute ❤️
Aug 18, 2023 4:05 PM

Oct 2012
So they get a 6-year-old slave to make sexy figures for a royal perverted guy. Dropped. I have no idea how the writer could make such an interesting world and make the story this level of garbage. Actually, I do have an idea... but anyway. 

I did my best to overlook all the disgusting stuff so far, but this level and the fact that Eris/Ruijerd aren't in the picture anymore make it impossible. Won't be missed. 
Aug 19, 2023 2:52 AM
Mar 2023
Its Just too perfect and it was the think i waiting from the anime and the story moves so well and makes you waiting a week to see then next episode so badly
Aug 19, 2023 5:16 AM

Jan 2021
It's pretty realistic that a Japanese person wouldn't interfere in a controversial aspect of another culture, which does make this show harder for the self inserters to understand this story.
Aug 19, 2023 11:45 AM
Jan 2022
can anybody explain why sylphie touched her ear in that library scene in the beginning? the camera emphasized that action and I'm trying to figure out what was the meaning behind that.
Aug 19, 2023 3:01 PM
Oct 2019
slavery, incest, pedophilia... this anime is not ok
Aug 19, 2023 5:13 PM
May 2020
rudeus isn't gay but intrinsically straight💯💯💯 But I gotta deep it they bought a child slaves just to help with perfecting anime figurines 😭😭😭😭
Aug 19, 2023 6:52 PM
Mar 2018
I need more of this show in my life.
Aug 19, 2023 7:17 PM
Oct 2021
GOooddd epsidoe[
Aug 20, 2023 1:29 AM
May 2017
iRentedMizuhara said:
can anybody explain why sylphie touched her ear in that library scene in the beginning? the camera emphasized that action and I'm trying to figure out what was the meaning behind that.
She wanted Rudeus to notice that it is her
Aug 20, 2023 10:22 AM
Feb 2022
Nada de especial bem fraquinho
Aug 20, 2023 11:45 AM
Jul 2020
the Manga did it better (still a great episode)
Aug 20, 2023 8:29 PM
Oct 2015
More one,I droping!
Aug 21, 2023 2:00 AM
Jan 2022
Its keep getting better and better.
Aug 21, 2023 6:07 AM
Jan 2022
great episode that gives place to growth for the relationship of Rudy and Fitz aka sylfie
Aug 21, 2023 6:38 AM

Jul 2017
Rudeus is adapting well to school life in Ranoa, as is Zanoba who needs a lil' more training on doll-making, and Elinalise at her own sexual exploitation for survival. From trying to research on the mass teleportation to improving on the doll-making, life is as per usual.

Fitz is getting closer to Rudeus, though at this point, he does not know that he's directly talking to Sylphie, who also experienced the mass teleportation for herself as well. Though Rudeus is thinking that he's into men with Sylphie dressed as a boy, he can't be further from the truth as Fitz cannot divulge much from his/her past to avoid Rudeus thinking that they had both met in the past. Of course, Zanoba is more than just a pervert at this point, he's a figure freak, though looking to Rudeus for tutelage is not the latter's objective for now, though he does reluctantly. And welp, does Zanoba not have the skills, he doesn't even have the magic potent enough to sculpt one.

Fitz at this point, he's also thinking that he wants to spend time with Rudeus and Zanoba in the town of Ranoa, and Rudeus wanting to purchase a slave is his first option. Though Fitz recommends that finding a young child that can still be taught reaps the best results. The optimal slave: a 6-year-old dwarf girl who's been sold to slavery, and the market itself is dark, depressing and place of grief. Looking at her, her malnutrition is not the only thing that captures their attention, and having an experience before, Rudeus knows what the girl's after: death, and it's something that he experienced before when Roxy took him outside of their house way back in the early days of Season 1. The look of despair, Rudeus can't do much, but what he can so to save whatever he can salvage out of her, it's worth it.

Out with the girl's words that she wants to lie and not die, it's good for now. Her name: one that's long and not until they turn 7, and rather, they give her the name of Juliette...or Julie for short, would be the best. The good feeling that Julie is needed for Zanoba's figure-making plan, it's proceeding nicely for now.

Julie's no longer a slave to those of oppression, she's saved by life mortal.
Aug 21, 2023 10:16 AM
Feb 2019
slow pace. also some scenes were a bit more graphic in the manga
Aug 21, 2023 12:01 PM

Dec 2009
I've always enjoyed the way a lot of these isekai depict slavery. It's completely disconnected from the, especially very western moralistic obsession with the villainy of it, and is able to just look at it as a less than ideal thing that merely exists. The fantasy around slavery has a lot of appeal to vastly more people than anyone is usually willing to admit, and fiction lets us explore these ideas.

I find the idea of sanitized slavery, as in if there were rules and regulations and failsafes / ways out to prevent unethical abuse, to be a very interesting prospect and have discussed it at length and indepth with many people. Not everyone wants to or is able to fulfil the american dream of true independence, many people would indeed live better happier lives as merely servants or pets of others if they were able to choose to or showed extreme difficulty surviving otherwise. People who cannot find purpose can be given purpose by their owners. This kind of thing has been showing up more in media across the board, as it also showed up in The Mandalorian, using the droids as an analogue.

Obviously it can and does lead to bad things and abuse in a lot of cases, but that doesn't mean it has to or always will. The hatred to it is usually founded upon the belief that everyone should be forced to make all their own decisions (while simultaneously denying children to do so, as a sad irony), as well as the history of it in north america...

Stories like this are not "apologisms for evil", they are objective, and share experiences through the eyes and perspectives and feelings of the characters. For example, if Rudy went all woke moral about slavery, he'd have to spend the rest of his life freeing slaves; or any other atrocities he might run accross. This world CANNOT be our world. Honestly that applies even to our world irl, many less developed countries cannot be "fixed" to meet western standards. If you visit them and see it, you have to accept it's something that you can't do much about unless you are willing so sacrifice your life dedicated to making a small impact. You are better off just living and accepting realities as they are, and make the most of them as they are, then trying to force your moral highground on everything and everyone else.
GenesisAriaAug 21, 2023 12:08 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Aug 21, 2023 4:24 PM
Jan 2017
good episode, no the best, but its fine
Aug 23, 2023 9:28 AM
Mar 2022
Literally supports slavery
Aug 23, 2023 5:05 PM

Jul 2013
It's nice to see that Rudeus has developed a kind of everyday life for himself, even if it seems a bit monotonous to him. He and Sylphie, I mean Fitz, of course, also seem to be getting closer with each passing day. I have to admit that it's quite funny to watch Rudeus ponder why he's attracted to Fitz. I can't wait to see what his reaction to Fitz's true identity will be.

While Zanoba's passion for crafting characters may be great, his talent for both magical and physical dexterity leaves much to be desired.
Fitz's idea of getting a slave wasn't exactly what first came to mind for me personally. Nevertheless, this once again underlined the wonderful world formation that we can experience again and again in Mushoku Tensei. Not everything is spotless and rosy. With the slave market came the slightly darker side of Ranoa as well.
The little girl actually wore a certain, similar look that Rudeus himself had had in the past, and yet Rudeus was fortunately completely wrong in assuming that she had the urge to die. I like the name Juliette and I'm also glad that she now has the chance to do things that would have been completely impossible for her in this cell. And who knows, maybe she's very gifted when it comes to magic and figurine making.

Should definitely to see where this will go.

Aug 24, 2023 9:58 AM
Oct 2019
MangagnaM said:
MyFavoriteCharac said:
I'm sorry I rewatched few scenes 5 times and I have no idea why and what's happening in this episode, if someone can explain to me. Zanaba asks Rudeos to teach him how to carve sculptures for some reason?But he can't controll his superstrenght, so they bought a slave? And the slave needed to be dexterous? And young so they can teach it silent casting? WTF???
He is too strong and clumsy, so the only way he can get sculptures done without basically bothering Rudeus to do it everyday for him, is to get someone else to do it for him. Dexterous meaning they have to be skilled with their hands and have a lot of control and skill when using magic to create them with precision. Rudeus and Sylphie learned silent casting effectively when they were very young and gained a massive mana pool as a result of training with magic from that age, which Julie would need for precision and for retrying many times. I don't get what was difficult about understanding with this scene to rewatch it 5 times.
You say it's not difficult to understand and yet what you said makes absolutely no sense. First: of all at no point they said or even hinted that Jullie will be his teacher. Second: you still didn't explain why they needed to buy a slave for all this. Third: there was no need for her to learn silent casting. Forth: the amount of time it will take them to teach her, then her teaching him will be even more and harder. Sixth: all this for Zanoba to learn some useless figure sculpturing, why?
Aug 25, 2023 6:50 AM

May 2015
One episode about the good side of esclavagism... Reminds me of The Rising of the Shield Hero.

But Julie is cute.
Aug 27, 2023 8:29 PM
Jan 2021
Man, it’s absolutely AGGRAVATING that Rudeus is completely clueless of the fact that Fitz is Sylphie and now he’s thinking that he might be gay. Bro, you lived 37 years in your own world and you’re somewhere between 14 and 15 (so roughly 50 years of life in total). I’m sure if that’s the way you were, you would have already known. And again, SILENT SPELL CASTING IS A CLEAR AS DAY SIGN as well as Sylphie describing her master and the fact that the both of them increased their magical power via training.

I’m surprised that Rudeus would actually look into slavery given the whole thing that happened with those guys who transported Ruijerd via boat, which resulted in him getting captured by the Doldia tribe and all that drama. I’m sure that his moral compass was going off and he wanted to free all the slaves, but maybe he recognizes that this is simply how the world works here. I’m glad that Rudeus was able to save that little girl and with Zanoba’s help, now she’s learning silent casting and how to make figurines and she’s got herself a name in Juliette.

I’m excited to see what other stuff Rudeus gets into at Ranoa.
Aug 30, 2023 11:09 AM

Feb 2018
It went from Rudy just hanging out with Sylphy, to some quite depressing stuff towards the end there.
Sep 3, 2023 12:09 PM
Oct 2021
bad depiction of slavery as expected from mushoku tensei....vinland saga stay winning
Sep 4, 2023 2:10 AM

Aug 2018
Crazy to see how Rudeus and Slyphy were not at all bothered by the slave trading. I guess its understandable because it was legal at that time, also they alone wont be able to do anything about it.
Sep 9, 2023 8:28 AM

Sep 2015
Finished the last 2 minutes when I got motivated to watch this again. I guess Rudeus has a new companion.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 10, 2023 3:12 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to Softhenic03
Oh god, you need to look over the boys who are innocently living the life of a student in this magic university, because I mean there’s a beast stalking them day in and day out, ready to fucking gobble them as a whole whenever the opportunity presents itself… PLEASE DO SOMETHING AS THESE BOYS ARE BECOMING MEN AT AN ALARMING RATE.

Anyways, back to normal life, where Rudeus and Sylphy have again become the friends they used to be back in the day, despite just Sylphy having the memories of those days, but okay we move. Their conversation and Sylphy recalling the old days aside, I was not expecting they’d take the doll making joke thing so seriously, that we even went to slave searching just so they could help and cooperate with Zanoba making one lol.

Rudeus, Sylphy and Zanoba did go slave searching and they found one too… a frail and depressed looking girl lacking any signs of life within her. Though it might be that Rudeus was the one conversing with her, she did gain the will to live again, and yep now in their company, with a new name... Juliette.
@Softhenic03 why do you say only Sylphie has memories of the old days? I thought Rudeus just doesn't recognize her in Fitz's disguise, am I missing anything?
Sep 11, 2023 2:05 AM

Jun 2015
Why is buying slaves such a common thing in isekais ?

Sep 13, 2023 2:49 AM

Jul 2013
That's levels and levels of fucked up
Sep 14, 2023 7:00 AM
Jul 2023
Gooddddddddddddd
Sep 19, 2023 2:13 AM
Nov 2021
I think this was genuinely the most wholesome episode I've seen from this series
Sep 25, 2023 10:46 AM

Oct 2022
Sylphie and Rudeus coming along and what is this slave trading in all of these isekai.
Sep 26, 2023 11:48 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Wow a new charactger, a slave young girl!!!
kekeke
Sep 26, 2023 6:40 PM
Mar 2023
Rudeus is starting to get desperate thinking about why he is attracted to Fitz, believing him to be a man, the only thing I ask is that before the end of the season he reveals to him that he is actually Sylphie. By the way, Zanoba gives me the impression that he is one of those who buys figures to put them in cumjar, sick man. See you next week to continue with the magical Mbappe project with Juliet.
Sep 28, 2023 9:04 AM
Jul 2018
Oh my goodness, the slave market is so sad. Oh my, what bad parents of Juliette were. I hope they get karma soon. ALso, I hope she grows good person.

Rudeus seems serious about the figure making with Zanoba lmao. Also, Rudeus, not knowing Fitz's real identity, is skipping heart beats for someone who he thinks is a man!?
Sep 30, 2023 2:05 PM

Mar 2017
I get that slavery is a normal thing in this world but I found it an odd choice to have Rudy not react in a negative way towards it considering he comes from a world where we view slavery as a disgusting thing to do to others.

I would’ve expected at least a similar reaction to Naofumi from Rising of The Shield Hero…
Oct 7, 2023 9:07 PM

Jan 2017
Reply to Agamenon
Why is buying slaves such a common thing in isekais ?
@Agamenon Because it's easier create a narrative using our history and frankly, the modern world is too mundane with everything running like clockwork
Oct 14, 2023 4:07 AM
Nov 2016
I like this season but this episode is kind of weird with that slave thing, the whole reason they bought a slave is to help the other crazy guy with the figurines or whatever, pretty shitty reason to bring the slave thing just for this, I know that little girl will probably play an important role later on, she's probably a princess or whatever but that's not the point, the point is that they bought a slave for a pathetic reason, the reason to bring this slave trading thing needed to be better IMHO, not for those stupid figurines and seeing those guys acting like normal there was really something too but I guess they are just used to see stuff like that in that world, that slave trading thing is normal to them, it's weird seeing Rudy even thinking about killing that little girl to save her, I expected a better reaction from Rudy there but he's getting used to those things I guess, that's how that world is.

And good thing Ruijerd wasn't there because he would have gone ape shit and killed everyone there, including Rudy, goddamn.

I still like the season but yeah, this is a weird episode but I guess this slave business thing will appear in every Isekai in existence, I mean, it wouldn't be Isekai without it, right?
Oct 17, 2023 8:05 PM
Jan 2023
"Não quero morrer"
Oct 18, 2023 10:37 PM
Dec 2022
Prince Zanoba still can't master clay sculpture. So getting a new slave girl to learn to sculpture is a drastic way.

Wonder how long before Fitz reveals her true identity to Rudeus.
Nov 13, 2023 6:13 PM

Oct 2013
seeing Rudeus and co. nonchalantly slave-shop after playing games like Demons Roots and Final Fantasy XVI earlier this year is ironic and hilarious.

I know the "slavery apologetics" is the conversational focal point here, but I loved how Redeus treated the dwarf girl; he made an argument that is rarely made in media or by real people: you cannot provide the "will to live" for another person, nor can you reason them into it; it is something they can only find for themselves. That he was willing to assist her in suicide is a bold, controversial message.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 14, 2023 7:16 AM

Sep 2012
Rudeus is starting to question hes sexuality lol
Nov 29, 2023 4:05 AM
Oct 2023
Starting to seem like a basic anime at first but it was getting better
Nov 29, 2023 4:06 AM
Oct 2023
Starting to seem like a basic anime at first but it was getting better
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» why did rudy get a lot dumber on how to use his magic in s2

bot3141 - Aug 19

39 by DarkAnima »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 24, 2023

473 by ShinXShinra »»
Oct 5, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

228 by minnaslay127 »»
Sep 24, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

244 by minnaslay127 »»
Sep 24, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2023

359 by minnaslay127 »»
Sep 22, 4:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.