Forum Settings
Forums

'Pluto' Anime Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo, October 26 Premiere

New
Jul 1, 2023 5:12 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The From Japan to the World – Netflix J-Content Presentation at Anime Expo 2023 revealed on Saturday additional cast, staff, and a teaser promotional video for the Pluto anime series. The anime will release with 8 episodes of 60 minutes each. Pluto is scheduled to premiere worldwide on Netflix on October 26.

Cast
Mont Blanc: Hiroki Yasumoto (Bleach)
North No.2: Kouichi Yamadera (Cowboy Bebop)
Brando: Hidenobu Kiuchi (Monster)
Hercules: Rikiya Koyama (Fate/stay night)
Epsilon: Mamoru Miyano (Bungou Stray Dogs)
Pluto: Toshihiko Seki (Kimetsu no Yaiba)

Staff
Director: Toshio Kawaguchi (Hi no Tori: Kizuna-hen)
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Shigeru Fujita (Monster)
Creative Advisor: Naoki Urasawa (Pluto creator)
Animation Director: Kazunori Aoki (Dororo chief animation director), Itaru Saitou (5-toubun no Hanayome chief animation director)
CGI Director, Special Photography: Takahiro Miyata (Onihei director of photography)
Art Director: Chikako Shibata (Amanchu!)
Director of Photography: Mitsuhiro Satou (Taisou Zamurai)
Sound Director: Masafumi Mima (Shingeki no Kyojin)
Music: Yuugo Kanno (Psycho-Pass)

Studio M2, Masao Maruyama's new animation studio, is producing the anime. Director Makoto Tezuka (Atom: The Beginning) is in charge of supervision. Tezuka Productions is credited for cooperation.

Pluto is based on Osamu Tezuka's Tetsuwan Atom (Astro Boy) series, taking its title from a villain in one of its story arcs. The award-winning manga ran in Big Comic Original between 2003 and 2009 and was compiled into eight volumes. VIZ Media publishes the series in North America.

Teaser PV

Source: Official site
DatRandomDudeJul 1, 2023 5:22 PM
Jul 1, 2023 5:17 PM

Jan 2009
netflix jail? that will kill the popularity of this show

but if netflix releases all the episodes at once like they did with cyberpunk edgerunners then im fine with it
Jul 1, 2023 5:19 PM

Mar 2010
Finally some news. Glad it will finally air
Jul 1, 2023 5:26 PM

Sep 2020
Looks great. I am super excited for this one.
Jul 1, 2023 5:33 PM

Nov 2018
8 x 60 minute long episodes is great, wasn't expecting them to be that long. Also read that this will be a complete adaptation of the manga as well.

Let's pray the animation stays consistent throughout its runtime.
MAL EMOJIS - Get your specially formatted emojis for MAL forums.

Jul 1, 2023 5:38 PM
鋼鉄乙女

Aug 2016
This looks amazing, can't wait to watch it. Normally I don't like batch releases but I've read the manga so won't get spoiled by others.
"Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!" - Bill & Ted´s Excellent Adventure

Check my introduction to Char´s Counterattack interest stack if you´re interested in watching UC Gundam. Also check my Legend of the Galactic Heroes OVA Chronological Watch Order for LoGH info!
Jul 1, 2023 6:26 PM
Jul 2017
Goddamn this looks so fuckin sick. All those years of being in development hell payed off for sure.
Jul 1, 2023 8:17 PM

Apr 2023
I'm pretty excited, but I don't want to get too excited because expectation can kill the experience. Looks great nevertheless.

Jul 1, 2023 8:33 PM

Feb 2011
I hope this can be very interesting!
Jul 1, 2023 11:24 PM

Oct 2017
deg said:
netflix jail? that will kill the popularity of this show

but if netflix releases all the episodes at once like they did with cyberpunk edgerunners then im fine with it
I hope they'll do that.
Jul 2, 2023 6:15 AM

Mar 2019
The manga is great, another great work by master Urasawa ^-^
Jul 2, 2023 6:28 AM

Sep 2011
Oh man this looks like such an incredible adaptation, basically getting 8 movies of this. It'll never happen cause of both of them's absurd length but god I's kill to see Billy Bat or 20th CB get this level of adaptation, or adaptation at all.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 2, 2023 7:23 AM

Feb 2021
Hope that all the manga will be adapted. I look forward to it!
Jul 2, 2023 5:40 PM

Jun 2014
This is looking really good, can't wait to watch it!
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

More topics from this board

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' 2nd Season Unveils New Staff, Teaser Promo for Winter 2025

Vindstot - Yesterday

8 by Menternor »»
3 hours ago

» Shinichirou Watanabe, MAPPA, Adult Swim Produce 'Lazarus' Original Anime [Update 7/22] ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Jul 20, 2023

74 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Watashi wo Tabetai, Hitodenashi' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Oct 21

9 by OrangeRafi »»
5 hours ago

» Singer-Songwriter Sayuri Dies at 28 ( 1 2 3 )

Vindstot - Sep 26

111 by Vinsmoke__Abid »»
6 hours ago

» 'Doraemon' Voice Actress Nobuyo Ooyama Dies at 90

Vindstot - Oct 11

18 by Vinsmoke__Abid »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.